PDA

View Full Version : Spurs trade=panic mode for other teams...which ones?

SteelerNation
06-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Nice job by the Spurs FO. Congrats to Spurs fans for getting a good player and your FO not sitting on past success, but continuing to be aggressive about bringing another championship to San Antonio. With that said. we all saw how teams reacted after tha Gasol trade to L.A. Some teams went into panic mode and pulled off trades just to try and keep up. The biggest one being Shaq for Marion. I think the same thing will happen here. My guess is Cuban is gonna jump the gun and try and grab Shaq now. He was kinda lukewarm to the idea, but now with the Spurs getting Jefferson, I think he'll go for it. Any other teams in the West you see panicking by this move? Maybe Phoenix(again)? lol

Stump
06-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Cavs will make a ballsy trade too, I bet

IronMexican
06-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Fuck the Steelers

Spurtacus
06-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Fuck the Steelers

:toast

SteelerNation
06-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Steelers will win #7 next year and firmly establish themselves as the best NFL franchise ever created.

z0sa
06-23-2009, 02:06 PM
why have like 5 random <30 post lakerfans suddenly showed up posting threads asking about what we think this means?

LA is fucked is what it means, homie. Now go enjoy your tainted title, we're just saving the asskicking you deserved in 09 for '10.

SteelerNation
06-23-2009, 02:07 PM
zOsa- You think this move puts you over the top? You know less about basketball than most 11 year old school girls.

z0sa
06-23-2009, 02:08 PM
zOsa- You think this move puts you over the top? You know less about basketball than most 11 year old school girls.

but not all? Thanks for that.

we were one strong move from being one of a select few heavily favored contenders. Looks like that just happened, no?

Add in Gooden or _______ defensively strong big man and you find your stacked Lakers team no longer seems stacked.

I won't heavily weigh the fact one of Ariza or Odom is gone... yet.

SteelerNation
06-23-2009, 02:09 PM
no problem.

DPG21920
06-23-2009, 02:10 PM
I do not think the Lakers are panicking at all :lmao

They are still better than the Spurs. Spurs have more moves to make if they want to compete against the Lakers. Unless the Lakers lose Ariza or Odom. If that is the case, this move becomes magnified.

IronMexican
:toast

And the Cowgirls:toast

manufan10
It means Lakerfan will become even more insecure. :lol

manufan10
06-23-2009, 02:11 PM
And the Cowgirls:toast

And the Raiders. :toast

SteelerNation
06-23-2009, 02:13 PM
but not all? Thanks for that.

we were one strong move from being one of a select few heavily favored contenders. Looks like that just happened, no?

Add in Gooden or _______ defensively strong big man and you find your stacked Lakers team no longer seems stacked.

I won't heavily weigh the fact one of Ariza or Odom is gone... yet.

The only way this will work is if the Spurs can grab Rasheed for the MLE. Then look out. Then you guys will have your low post presence to go with Tim.

samikeyp
06-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Nice job by the Spurs FO. Congrats to Spurs fans for getting a good player and your FO not sitting on past success, but continuing to be aggressive about bringing another championship to San Antonio. With that said. we all saw how teams reacted after tha Gasol trade to L.A. Some teams went into panic mode and pulled off trades just to try and keep up. The biggest one being Shaq for Marion. I think the same thing will happen here. My guess is Cuban is gonna jump the gun and try and grab Shaq now. He was kinda lukewarm to the idea, but now with the Spurs getting Jefferson, I think he'll go for it. Any other teams in the West you see panicking by this move? Maybe Phoenix(again)? lol

One thing Spurs fans and Laker fans agree on.....fucking with the Suns. :lol