PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fan can never whine about the Gasol trade ever again

21_Blessings
06-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Collusion my ass. Spurs give up significantly less for a legit 20 ppg SF. Where's your trade committee now Pop.

Memphis received a great rebuilding deal from LA. 3 picks, starting center, combo guard prospect AND cap space while sucking enough to grab two lottery picks. That is how you rebuild. Meanwhile the Bucks get nothing but cap space in return.

collusion, lol. First San Antonio blatantly tanks for the number 1 draft pick, now this?

The funniest thing about this is it still won't be enough to beat the Lakers. :flag: :flag:

Banzai
06-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Should be a good season.

samikeyp
06-23-2009, 02:41 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129381

MarHill
06-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Collusion my ass. Spurs give up significantly less for a legit 20 ppg SF. Where's your trade committee now Pop.

Memphis received a great rebuilding deal from LA. 3 picks, starting center, combo guard prospect AND cap space while sucking enough to grab two lottery picks. That is how you rebuild. Meanwhile the Bucks get nothing but cap space in return.

collusion, lol. First San Antonio blatantly tanks for the number 1 draft pick, now this?

The funniest thing about this is it still won't be enough to beat the Lakers. :flag: :flag:

Looking forward to seeing the Spurs-Lakers in the WCF next season!! :lol

:flag:

SpursDynasty
06-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Truth is the Lakers have never played a Spurs team with a healthy Duncan, Parker, Manu, Richard Jefferson, Mason, and George Hill.

j.dizzle
06-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Truth is the Lakers have never played a Spurs team with a healthy Duncan, Parker, Manu, Richard Jefferson, Mason, and George Hill.
:lol damn thats a lot of size..LA is scurrrrrred

j.dizzle
06-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Im actually happy about trades in the west..More reasons for Dr. Buss to keep LO & Ariza

Banzai
06-23-2009, 08:34 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/a5c94d80bc8990bfc077b03499654a85.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4097)

Spursfan092120
06-23-2009, 08:36 PM
nice story, son.

Spursfan092120
06-23-2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129381
It's common, dude...not all, but a lot of the Laker fans on here feel like they need to start 600 threads about the same damn thing.

mystargtr34
06-23-2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/a5c94d80bc8990bfc077b03499654a85.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4097)

:lol

Seriously though, theres discussion in the other thread, but you cant compare Pau Gasol to Richard Jefferson.

noob cake
06-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Please don't compare Gasol to RJ.

Gasol is a top 20 player. RJ is not.

Cry Havoc
06-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Lakers fans are the only fanbase are the only fanbase perhaps in all of sports that wins a title and then goes on to whine about what the other teams are doing. Pathetic.

ezau
06-23-2009, 09:25 PM

Sounds like a scared Laker fan. Your championship this year should have an asterisk before it. The top teams in both the East and West have their star players injured at the start of the playoffs. I wonder what the Lakers are gonna do to offset this :flag:

Still, Fuck the Lakers!!

Jace
06-23-2009, 09:27 PM
I have to disagree, I'd take the Gasol/Ariza deals over this one

Purple & Gold
06-23-2009, 09:28 PM
They still will because now Jefferson is only average or slightly above :lol :lol

Spur-Addict
06-23-2009, 09:32 PM
These threads are such failures.

resistanze
06-23-2009, 09:33 PM
It's one thing to say the Spurs got a good deal, but don't try to convince anyone that Memphis got some deal outta the Gasol trade. It was shit, no denying it.

carrao45
06-23-2009, 09:39 PM

You irritate me

21_Blessings
06-23-2009, 09:41 PM
It's one thing to say the Spurs got a good deal, but don't try to convince anyone that Memphis got some deal outta the Gasol trade. It was shit, no denying it.

Better deal than what the Bucks got.

carrao45
06-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Better deal than what the Bucks got.

No, actually it wasn't. And you still irritate me

21_Blessings
06-23-2009, 09:52 PM
No, actually it wasn't.

Actually it was.

And you still irritate me

No one cares.

Allanon
06-23-2009, 10:45 PM
If it weren't for Marc Gasol, Memphis would have lost out on that trade. But seeing as Marc Gasol is going to be one of the best Centers in the NBA, it was a pretty fair trade.

And the Grizz also got a high lotto pick.

Pau Gasol trade netted Grizzlies a Top Center and a high (possible franchise player) lotto pick and $13 million in salary relief, that's actually a great trade for the Grizz. For comparison, the Spurs got a 20 point scorer (giving them a Big 4) and Bucks only got salary relief and no talent back.

SouthTexasRancher
06-23-2009, 11:25 PM
These threads are such failures.

You got that right. These people from La La Land are just not the brightest bulbs in the lamp.

Cry Havoc
06-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Marc Gasol

franchise player

Please stop posting this kind of stuff. This is the kind of thing that pisses off every non-Lakers fan on Spurstalk. It is ridiculousness at it's most absolute.

Allanon
06-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Please stop posting this kind of stuff. This is the kind of thing that pisses off every non-Lakers fan on Spurstalk. It is ridiculousness at it's most absolute.

Why? It's true.

Marc Gasol is going to be one of the best Centers in the NBA. He's putting up 12 points and 7 rebounds in 30 minutes for $3 million as a rookie. That's comparable to Lamar Odom's numbers at his $13 million.

I'm saying it now, Marc Gasol is going to be Top 10 NBA Center this year and probably close to Top 5 the following year.

The lotto pick the Grizzlies got is going to be a high one, they might end up with a franchise player with it. We'll have to wait and see how that turns out but it might be a top tier player.

BUMP
06-24-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm not whining but Spur fans can't ever whine about the Gasol trade now because they traded 2 guys who are about to retire, and another spare who will retire soon after, oh yeah, and neither of them are any good for a legit SF who is a 20 ppg scorer close to his prime :rolleyes

doesnt change the fact that they will probly be eliminated by dallas again

Ditty
06-24-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm not whining but Spur fans can't ever whine about the Gasol trade now because they traded 2 guys who are about to retire, and another spare who will retire soon after, oh yeah, and neither of them are any good for a legit SF who is a 20 ppg scorer close to his prime :rolleyes

:lol

you mad

BUMP
06-24-2009, 12:08 AM
:lol do you think anyone actually takes SA seriously?

Ditty
06-24-2009, 12:09 AM
:lol do you think anyone actually takes SA seriously?

:lmao and the mavericks

BUMP
06-24-2009, 12:10 AM
ya the team that eliminated SA in only 5 games? what about them?

z0sa
06-24-2009, 12:11 AM

This is Allanon's favorite bit concerning the trade - that Marc Gasol's only average skillset and size, plus draft picks, somehow justify giving away a proven all-star big man when you could have surely gotten a better deal. What is so hard to understand?

Ditty
06-24-2009, 12:12 AM

and the spurs have never done that to the mavs themselves:rollin

Cry Havoc
06-24-2009, 12:17 AM

Were the Spurs healthy? I forget.

If the Spurs are healthy for the playoffs this year and meet the Mavs again, you guys will be lucky to not get swept.

Spursfan092120
06-24-2009, 12:20 AM
T1rZBxn3Zx8

Allanon
06-24-2009, 12:22 AM
This is Allanon's favorite bit concerning the trade - that Marc Gasol's only average skillset and size, plus draft picks, somehow justify giving away a proven all-star big man when you could have surely gotten a better deal. What is so hard to understand?

When was a better trade made than this? Marc Gasol should easily hit 15 points and 10 rebounds this year.

Top 15 NBA young Center (12 points on 50% shooting, 7 rebounds all in 30 minutes at $3 million)
High lotto pick
$13 million in salary relief

in return for a 19 points per game "soft" All Star.

noob cake
06-24-2009, 12:42 AM
When was a better trade made than this? Marc Gasol should easily hit 15 points and 10 rebounds this year.

Top 15 NBA young Center (12 points on 50% shooting, 7 rebounds all in 30 minutes at $3 million)
High lotto pick
$13 million in salary relief

in return for a 19 points per game "soft" All Star.

lol Fakers fan trying to argue that it was a fair trade.

redzero
06-24-2009, 12:43 AM

No team in the history of the NBA has gone against a Spurs team with that lineup, moron.

Allanon
06-24-2009, 12:52 AM
lol Fakers fan trying to argue that it was a fair trade.

lol When was there a better trade Rocketfan?

DrHouse
06-24-2009, 01:17 AM
They can whine all they want because that's exactly what bitches do. And that's what Spur fans are, bitches.

v2freak
06-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Spurs traded their only big men who actually do anything aside from Duncan (have you seen the "Trade Bonner" threads?), the only other guy on the Spurs who rebounds, plus their premier defensive player who has made Kobe Bryant wake up in cold sweats in the middle of the night. Yeah, Spurs gave up nothing.

KSeal
06-24-2009, 03:01 AM
Yeah, Spurs gave up nothing.

Agreed.

Halberto
06-24-2009, 03:20 AM
They can whine all they want because that's exactly what bitches do. And that's what Spur fans are, bitches.

Excuse me but.... aren't the Lakers fans whining here?

Go sit in the corner, moron.

Kamala
06-24-2009, 03:32 AM
Now if the GM quits the Bucks and "consults" with the Spurs and then celebrates on the court when we go to the finals we will have the same situation as the Jerry West con job.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nBelT-Xi1CY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nBelT-Xi1CY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

IronMexican
06-24-2009, 03:43 AM
Adding that Bowen once made Kobe shake his boots is like saying Kwame Brown was the #1 overall pick. It was a lopsided trade for the Spurs, and there is no need to sugar coat it. Just be happy.

babyfederer
06-24-2009, 04:06 AM
thread = fail.. Gasol = dominant pillar of a big man for kuame brown = biggest bust of all time... vs RJ = above average wing player ( they come a dime a dozen) for solid role players.

KSeal
06-24-2009, 04:11 AM
thread = fail.. Gasol = dominant pillar of a big man for kuame brown = biggest bust of all time... vs RJ = above average wing player ( they come a dime a dozen) for solid role players.

Yeah, cause all the Lakers gave up was Kwame Brown while Oberta and Bowen are still worth a damn, GTFO.

afireinside20
06-24-2009, 06:52 AM

eliminated by Dallas again, dang from a Nugget fan? Get out of here!!

urunobili
06-24-2009, 07:11 AM
If you trade Gasol for RJ equally then we'll stop bitching...

Kindergarten Cop
06-24-2009, 08:52 AM
I'll admit that the Spurs made out like bandits on this deal (especially if Bowen comes back) and I'm not going to apologize for it - just as the Lakers shouldn't have to apologize for the Gasol deal.

I will however argue that one glaring factor that separates this from the Gasol-trade comparison is that I don't remember reading anywhere that Gasol was overpaid, while numerous articles following the Jefferson trade labeled him "one of the most overpaid players in the NBA". I would argue that Memphis could have gotten a MUCH better deal (you are welcome to disagree) for Gasol before shipping him to the Lakers without warning. The Bucks were not going to find many teams that would be able to give them the type of contracts and flexibility that the Spurs had to offer. A great number of teams would have taken on Gasol's contract without hesitating, while a lot of teams would be weary of an "overpaid" Jefferson IMHO.

DrHouse
06-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Nobody, I repeat NOBODY was willing to take on Gasol's monster $17 million dollar contract other than LA. That's why they have him.

Muser
06-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Why does anyone whine about any of this shit? It's done, it's past so just get the fuck over it and move on.

ginobili's bald spot
06-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Why does anyone whine about any of this shit? It's done, it's past so just get the fuck over it and move on.

Agreed. And since when is making a good trade something to be ashamed of? Why do people try to downplay getting the better end of a trade? Isn't that the whole point? You'll never see me saying that we didn't rape Memphis. I'm glad we did. Bottom line is that both trades were salary dumps. That's what shitty franchises who don't care about winning do. And good franchises that spend money and win take advantage of that.

ambchang
06-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Nobody, I repeat NOBODY was willing to take on Gasol's monster $17 million dollar contract other than LA. That's why they have him.

Chicago?

turiaf for president
06-24-2009, 11:24 AM
pretty ironic how spurs fans called BS, collusion, etc. and they get the same trade in principle

a salary dump by memphis netted the lakers gasol. doesnt matter what or who they gave up, the basis of the trade was a salary dump.

same thing for the bucks. they just took a huge salary dump and the spurs cleaned up.

gasol > RJ but if the bucks had gasol they would have traded him for the same type of deal.

turiaf for president
06-24-2009, 11:27 AM

holy shit. thats wut the laker fans have been saying for the past year when everyone and their moms were bitching that the lakers gave up 10 cents on the dollar. but now that the spurs benefited, just get over it and move on?

I for one dont care. im glad the spurs improved and became relevant in the chase for the ring again but for spurs fans to tell people to stop whining about an unfair trade is pretty ironic

lefty
06-24-2009, 11:29 AM
pretty ironic how spurs fans called BS, collusion, etc. and they get the same trade in principle

a salary dump by memphis netted the lakers gasol. doesnt matter what or who they gave up, the basis of the trade was a salary dump.

same thing for the bucks. they just took a huge salary dump and the spurs cleaned up.

gasol > RJ but if the bucks had gasol they would have traded him for the same type of deal.

You know Jerry West was behind the Gasol trade.

I don't think a former Spur was involved in the RJ trade

Gasol trade = collusion trade

turiaf for president
06-24-2009, 11:30 AM

yea cuz i have him on speed dial and talk to him everyday. STFU unless you have proof.

turiaf for president
06-24-2009, 11:31 AM
rj trade, salary dump
gasol trade, salary dump

/thread

lefty
06-24-2009, 11:31 AM
yea cuz i have him on speed dial and talk to him everyday. STFU unless you have proof.

You really don't know anything about business

But again, nobody can expect that from a 15 y/o

turiaf for president
06-24-2009, 11:32 AM
You really don't anything about business

But again, nobody can expect that from a 15 y/o

yea i really dont anything about business...........

turiaf for president
06-24-2009, 11:32 AM
lol nice edit genius

lefty
06-24-2009, 11:33 AM
lol nice edit genius
And ?

What's your point ?

turiaf for president
06-24-2009, 11:34 AM
And ?

What's your point ?

ure retarded

lefty
06-24-2009, 11:44 AM
ure retarded
Your English has improved.

I'm really impressed

turiaf for president
06-24-2009, 11:45 AM
enjoy your ban

lefty
06-24-2009, 11:46 AM
enjoy your ban
If the ban can keep me away from retards like you, then I will enjoy it

turiaf for president
06-24-2009, 11:51 AM

:toast

LEONARD
06-24-2009, 12:07 PM

If the Lakers win the championship...

I'll leave this forum for life.

I am doing this to prove to everyone how much of a non-factor the Lakers are in the playoffs. They haven't accomplished anything. They just want to come out, shoot some hoops, and BS their way to everything. Not going to get it done in the Finals. Orlando will win the championship. There are no All-Stars other than Kobe on this Laker team. Not an intimidating lineup. Just a bunch of a jump shooters who score off Kobe double teams.

Pussy...

v2freak
06-24-2009, 02:09 PM

Exactly.

Speculation about Marc Gasol's "greatness" is up in the air, as he averaged Odom like numbers but he was on a crappy team where he was allowed more scoring freedom.

This thread is like an admission of guilt from Lakers fans, except for guys like ginobili's bald spot who know the Lakers abused the Grizzlies and just don't care.

Spursfan092120
06-24-2009, 02:11 PM
LMAO..seriously, DrHouse? You're the one posting this? You're the little bitch that complains about every play and starts a new thread every time the Lakers turn the ball over and blame the officiating every time they lose. You really need to try looking into the mirror when you post something stupid like this...makes you look like an idiot. Oh well...I guess if it acts like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck..it must be...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 03:56 PM
DrHouse calling someone a bitch is the equivalent of Amare telling someone to stop being lazy on defense.

Spursfan092120
06-24-2009, 04:17 PM
DrHouse calling someone a bitch is the equivalent of Amare telling someone to stop being lazy on defense.
Or you could just say it's the equivalent of this

http://partlytruthpartlyfiction.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/pot-calling-the-kettle-black-734818.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 04:20 PM
^ yeah or that :lol

BlackSwordsMan
06-24-2009, 04:27 PM
RJ is a top 50 player at best. Spurs gave up the best rebounding duo since well duncan and tim and gave up an elite defender to boot. Now you tell me who won?

StoneBuddha
06-24-2009, 05:19 PM
A really important point to consider about the Gasol trade is that the Grizzlies made no effort to see if this was the best trade available.

There was still a week before the trade deadline when they finalized the trade and there were plenty of reports and rumblings that other GM's didn't even know Gasol was available.

ShoogarBear
06-24-2009, 05:25 PM
I forgot again, who was the ex-Spur sitting in the Milwaukee office being a scumbag by sabotaging the Bucks?

21_Blessings
06-24-2009, 07:11 PM
A really important point to consider about the Gasol trade is that the Grizzlies made no effort to see if this was the best trade available.

There was still a week before the trade deadline when they finalized the trade and there were plenty of reports and rumblings that other GM's didn't even know Gasol was available.

Gasol was on the trading block for over a fucking year. Try again dumb ass.

jonnybravo
06-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Chicago?

Chicago was the one that balked.

v2freak
06-24-2009, 10:36 PM

Yes that would explain why many other GMs didn't know he was available.

daslicer
06-24-2009, 11:00 PM
:lol Lakerfans is like a girl on PMS they are never happy win or lose. Their fanbase still finds ways to be unhappy even when they win the title you still hear them bitch on this board. Please don't even try to justify the Gasol trade as being fair hell it was highway robbery. Just be happy you won your title and get on with it.

21_Blessings
06-25-2009, 01:44 AM
Yes that would explain why many other GMs didn't know he was available.

They did know he was available. He was being shopped around for a long time. Quit with the revisionist history garbage.

Capt Bringdown
06-25-2009, 04:51 AM
What's the orgin of the trite usage of Spurs fan, rather than the correct Spurs fans?

Follow the leader seems to be a favorite game for a lot of posters.

ambchang
06-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Chicago was the one that balked.

At least according to published articles, Chicago balked because the Grizzlies asked for more.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-heisleygasol060308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I am not sure how Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, Joakim Noah, Thabo Sefolosha, possibly Adrian Griffin and draft picks cannot trump Kwame Brown, 2 second round picks and Jarvis Crittenton.

Young players, future picks, ensure the Grizzlies suck for another few years like the Laker fans insist was the most important thing to rebuild. The only thing Chicago asked for in addition to Gasol was Hakim Warrick.

StoneBuddha
06-25-2009, 12:33 PM

21_Blessings, Is this how you normally interact with people? We're having a simple discussion, trying to discuss basketball related stuff. No need to turn it into something personal.

nhan
06-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Here's the big difference between the two trades.

RJ Trade: There were very few teams that could offer what the Spurs had to offer. Contracts that equaled RJ's salary, two of them being partially guaranteed, and contracts that were expiring before the summer of 2010. In addition, RJ's contract runs into the 2010-2011 season, if he picks up his player option, which he would be crazy not to do. His 14 million a year contract would ruin the 2010 plan for teams. As you all know, over half the league is gearing up for 2010. No one wanted RJ's contract. If you all remember, RJ to the Spurs was a rumor at the trade deadline. The Bucks GM wanted to wait to see if he could receive better offers, but he couldn't. In this economy, many teams are unwilling to pay the luxury tax, but the Spurs felt like it was worth it.

Gasol Trade: This difference here is that Memphis didn't even try to get the best offer. Many GMs after the trade were wondering they never knew that Gasol was so cheaply available. Even the Memphis owner questioned if he got the best deal he could. In addition, there were plenty of teams that could offer Memphis what the Lakers offered and more. The Chicago deal on the table was 10x better what the Lakers offered. And to say that Crittenton was shipped for a lottery picked is just Lakers' fans way to defend Memphis. Thomas, Noah, Thabo are 10x better than Crittenton.

Again, the difference between the two trades was value. The Bucks got the most they could have from RJ. Memphis did not. In addition, Gasol clearly has more impact than RJ. Why is it that Lakers fan think Gasol is so amazing during playoff time, but when it comes to this infamous "Gasol Trade", they think hes not. And I just love how Lakers fans think Marc Gasol is a franchise player, but Pau Gasol is not when they talk about this trade. They think Pau Gasol can never be the franchise player on his team, but Marc Gasol can? And again, Lakers fans only say this when they talk about this trade. Other than that, they think every single player on their team is a Top 25 player. I remember when Allanon defended someone who said Bynum was a Top 25 player. So I ask you Allanon...is Bynum a Top 25 player?

ShoogarBear
06-25-2009, 04:58 PM
I am not sure how Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, Joakim Noah, Thabo Sefolosha, possibly Adrian Griffin and draft picks cannot trump Kwame Brown, 2 second round picks and Jarvis Crittenton.

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/images/2007/04/18/jerry_west_2.jpg

v2freak
06-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Read the wikipedia entry on Pau Gasol. There wouldn't be controversy if there were no reason for it. The Lakers pull off an incredible trade, are always contenders except for a year here and there, and manage to sign names like Gary Payton and Karl Malone.

After a while you kinda have to wonder. Or maybe you don't. You haven't been.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-25-2009, 09:09 PM
The problem with the Lakers has always been some of his pathetic fans. Keep drinking the kool-aid.

Stay thirsty my friend...

v2freak
06-25-2009, 11:35 PM
What's the origin of the trite usage of Spurs fan, rather than the correct Spurs fans?

Follow the leader seems to be a favorite game for a lot of posters.

Actually I'd like to know the answer to this question too. I'm sure there is more than one fan of the Spurs here.

SouthTexasRancher
06-25-2009, 11:46 PM

Nah, we leave the bitching to you little girlieboyz out there in La La Land. Ditto for the Dallas Mavettes!

So sorry, Nurse Doublewide Trailer house, that the Spurs got in the way of a repeat. Oh well, you can always try to get Shaq from Cleveland! ROTFFLMFAO!!!

SouthTexasRancher
06-25-2009, 11:49 PM

Well said...:toast

21_Blessings
06-26-2009, 01:49 AM
Read the wikipedia entry on .

hahahaha.

There wouldn't be controversy if there were no reason for it.

There is no controversy. Just bitter, hypocritical tears coming from dumbstruck FOs around the league, especially Pop. The Spurs then goes out and take advantage of the economy and situation just like the Lakers did last season and makes an even more one-sided trade. Only this time he isn't talking about that trade committee.

z0sa
06-26-2009, 02:40 AM

They immediately traded Oberto for Amir Johnson ... he's way better than Oberto (not sure what they were gonna do with him) so they got something good immediately themselves.

Plus they got Kurt Thomas. KT > MGasol when he's not feeling like a zombie. He still has 2-3 good seasons left. Whatever they want to do with him, same. We gave them decent talent, I won't even mention Bowen. If they want to cut ties, fine, but again, we gave them decent talent in return. RJ's? Maybe not. But its just not comparable to the Gasol trade IMO.

ambchang
06-26-2009, 02:09 PM
hahahaha.

There is no controversy. Just bitter, hypocritical tears coming from dumbstruck FOs around the league, especially Pop. The Spurs then goes out and take advantage of the economy and situation just like the Lakers did last season and makes an even more one-sided trade. Only this time he isn't talking about that trade committee.

It has been pretty well documented that the Pop comment was meant as a joke. If you haven't already, watch the video.

On top of that, Pau Gasol trade is by far more one-sided than the RJ, there isn't even any comparison.

v2freak
06-26-2009, 03:06 PM
hahahaha.

Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia that anyone can edit, including bias fans like you. It has references and citations; if something like "there was controversy surrounding the trade" made it onto there and no fanboys have taken it down, then maybe there actually was controversy? Drama follows the Lakers like they're TNT.

Spurs fanS have provided many reasons why the trades are not even comparable.

TheManFromAcme
06-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Read the wikipedia entry on Pau Gasol. There wouldn't be controversy if there were no reason for it. The Lakers pull off an incredible trade, are always contenders except for a year here and there, and manage to sign names like Gary Payton and Karl Malone.

After a while you kinda have to wonder. Or maybe you don't. You haven't been.

Heck, I'll admit it. There has always been this special element at work for the Lakers. What "this" is, I have no idea but has a fan, I'll fess up. Somtimes I even wonder. :rolleyes

fyatuk
06-26-2009, 04:02 PM

I actually thought it was a great deal for Memphis considering what they were looking for. I was actually suprised Memphis got that much of exactly what they wanted for Gasol.

As for the Bucks, they were in a position where if they kept Jefferson, they'd lose at least one of Charlie V or Ramon Sessions, if not both. They had a choice between Jeff/V, Jeff/Sessions, or V/Sessions, and they chose V/Sessions. At least theoretically. If that's what they preferred, then it was a good trade for them.

Of course the Lakers and Spurs got the better end of the deals, players wise, but the Griz and Bucks both got exactly what they were looking for in return.

Cry Havoc
06-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Here's the big difference between the two trades.

RJ Trade: There were very few teams that could offer what the Spurs had to offer. Contracts that equaled RJ's salary, two of them being partially guaranteed, and contracts that were expiring before the summer of 2010. In addition, RJ's contract runs into the 2010-2011 season, if he picks up his player option, which he would be crazy not to do. His 14 million a year contract would ruin the 2010 plan for teams. As you all know, over half the league is gearing up for 2010. No one wanted RJ's contract. If you all remember, RJ to the Spurs was a rumor at the trade deadline. The Bucks GM wanted to wait to see if he could receive better offers, but he couldn't. In this economy, many teams are unwilling to pay the luxury tax, but the Spurs felt like it was worth it.

Gasol Trade: This difference here is that Memphis didn't even try to get the best offer. Many GMs after the trade were wondering they never knew that Gasol was so cheaply available. Even the Memphis owner questioned if he got the best deal he could. In addition, there were plenty of teams that could offer Memphis what the Lakers offered and more. The Chicago deal on the table was 10x better what the Lakers offered. And to say that Crittenton was shipped for a lottery picked is just Lakers' fans way to defend Memphis. Thomas, Noah, Thabo are 10x better than Crittenton.

Again, the difference between the two trades was value. The Bucks got the most they could have from RJ. Memphis did not. In addition, Gasol clearly has more impact than RJ. Why is it that Lakers fan think Gasol is so amazing during playoff time, but when it comes to this infamous "Gasol Trade", they think hes not. And I just love how Lakers fans think Marc Gasol is a franchise player, but Pau Gasol is not when they talk about this trade. They think Pau Gasol can never be the franchise player on his team, but Marc Gasol can? And again, Lakers fans only say this when they talk about this trade. Other than that, they think every single player on their team is a Top 25 player. I remember when Allanon defended someone who said Bynum was a Top 25 player. So I ask you Allanon...is Bynum a Top 25 player?

Extremely well said.

21_Blessings
11-23-2010, 03:43 AM
Just a reminder.

midnightpulp
11-23-2010, 03:46 AM
Just a reminder.

Critterion. Great fuckin' combo guard.

Marc Gasol's 12-7> than Pau's 25-10.

Excellent trade, Memphis :tu

11-23-2010, 03:47 AM
lakers screwed over their franchise by picking kobe over shaq, trading butler away for kwame, and signing luke walton to a ridiculous contract. this led them to the lottery and first round exits but stern was like "don't worry about it, here's pau gasol for free." sigh...

21_Blessings
11-23-2010, 03:54 AM
Critterion. Great fuckin' combo guard.

Good thing they traded him for a pick:lol

Marc Gasol's 12-7 + Darrel Arthur 9-5 + Zbo 17-11> than Pau's 22-12.

11-23-2010, 04:01 AM
lakers screwed over their franchise by picking kobe over shaq, trading butler away for kwame, and signing luke walton to a ridiculous contract. this led them to the lottery and first round exits but stern was like "don't worry about it, here's pau gasol for free." sigh...
oh not to mention drafting "talents" like farmar, crittenton, vujacic, and the seldom seen bynum. what a nice bailout by stern.

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2010, 04:07 AM

nothing less than sweeping the Spurs during the regular season and during the play-offs is acceptable...I want these faggots on their fucking knees...I want Duncan to forever be Kobe's bitch....and to shut these fucking clowns up for good...

midnightpulp
11-23-2010, 04:10 AM
nothing less than sweeping the Spurs during the regular season and during the play-offs is acceptable...I want these faggots on their fucking knees...I want Duncan to forever be Kobe's bitch....and to shut these fucking clowns up for good...

You seem to take this very seriously.

lol creepy Koolaid vicariously living through Kobe Bryant and the Lakers.

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2010, 04:18 AM
You seem to take this very seriously.

lol creepy Koolaid vicariously living through Kobe Bryant and the Lakers.

I think it's cute midget... you trying to carry the creepy banner for the board...I hope it actually sticks....you deserve another anal itch award...make that shit stick man...Creepy Kool...:lol but just know my and my Laker goblin squad gonna be creepily creepin in dat creepy ass....:rollin

midnightpulp
11-23-2010, 04:28 AM
I think it's cute midget... you trying to carry the creepy banner for the board...I hope it actually sticks....you deserve another anal itch award...make that shit stick man...Creepy Kool...:lol but just know my and my Laker goblin squad gonna be creepily creepin in dat creepy ass....:rollin

There's was really no need to draw attention to how creepy you are. You do that well enough on your own.

Truthfully, real talk, you have issues of some kind. You're obsessed with sexual deviance, like rape, forced sodomy, scat, and transsexualism.

Maybe you can take a step back, review your posts and the reactions to them, and finally understand why people walking along the sidewalk cross the street as they get close to your house.

With Culburn, we know he's a normal person and give him shit just because, but with you, there's element of reality there, backed up by the "creepy" content of your posts.

You're just a strange person all around.

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2010, 08:57 AM
There's was really no need to draw attention to how creepy you are. You do that well enough on your own.

Truthfully, real talk, you have issues of some kind. You're obsessed with sexual deviance, like rape, forced sodomy, scat, and transsexualism.

Maybe you can take a step back, review your posts and the reactions to them, and finally understand why people walking along the sidewalk cross the street as they get close to your house.

With Culburn, we know he's a normal person and give him shit just because, but with you, there's element of reality there, backed up by the "creepy" content of your posts.

You're just a strange person all around.

I guess you'll never learn that Koolaid could give 2 fucks about you and your belief system....:lol you're a sweet pussy mid...next time just put ice on it after I'm done...okay...

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 09:04 AM
With Culburn, we know he's a normal person

Gosh, I hope the Ellis girl sees this.

Trainwreck2100
11-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Just a reminder.

Jefferson was Shit last year, this year Jefferson was signed as a free agent so what is your reminder?

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Exactly. Pop took The Skunker to heart & soul. Went out, turned his back on his credo and signed the rapist Gary Neal.

Now nary a word of admonition to the cretin Parker.

Let us proceed...

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Though the Arthur kid seems like a fine specimen.

Trainwreck2100
11-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Exactly. Pop took The Skunker to heart & soul. Went out, turned his back on his credo and signed the rapist Gary Neal.

Let us proceed...

why would pop care what parker did, it hasn't affected his game?

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 10:36 AM
why would pop care what parker did, it hasn't affected his game?

He woulda a course, but, he'd already sold his soul to sign the rapist Gary Neal, so Pop is naturally divested of conscience or right.

Trainwreck2100
11-23-2010, 10:40 AM
He woulda a course, but, he'd already sold his soul to sign the rapist Gary Neal, so Pop is naturally divested of conscience or right.

But why? You think this is the first spur to cheat on their wife?

ohmwrecker
11-23-2010, 10:43 AM

Let us proceed...

C'mon Cully. There have been plenty of cretins in a Spurs uniform under Pop's regime. Spurs players, past and present, should be gladly offering up their wives if Parker keeps playing like this.

Cry Havoc
11-23-2010, 10:43 AM
It's great to see the Spurs with hope again. So many of those rats feel confident enough to show their faces again. The Tony Parker Orphan scandal hit em hard, but they are showing that they are just like us. "Win by any means necessary."

Let us proceed...

When Laker fans are reduced to this kind of trash trolling, you know that your team has really given them absolutely nothing else to say. Scraping the bottom of the barrel for troll-bait is just pathetic, and you guys are just hopelessly desperate. :lol

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 10:50 AM
But why? You think this is the first spur to cheat on their wife?

Aside from "us" who's gonna ask Pop that? Nobody.

There's no accountability in the NBA. Never has been. Pop finally dipped his beak into the trough.

Luva......all of us are just markin' the spot for posterity.

Trainwreck2100
11-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Aside from "us" who's gonna ask Pop that? Nobody.

There's no accountability in the NBA. Never has been. Pop finally dipped his beak into the trough.

why bring up parker then?

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 10:52 AM
When Laker fans are reduced to this kind of trash trolling, you know that your team has really given them absolutely nothing else to say. Scraping the bottom of the barrel for troll-bait is just pathetic, and you guys are just hopelessly desperate. :lol

Oh, yeah, when we were in the line alone with our rapist and other domestic rigamarole you thought it hilarious and endless fodder for your grist mills.

Now that you're in the line with us. Ain't so funny. Now it's "too serious" to speak aloud about. And should be left in quiet solitude of privacy.

Uh, uh.

ohmwrecker
11-23-2010, 10:53 AM

Whatever helps you guys sleep at night . . . .

Cry Havoc
11-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Oh, yeah, when we were in the line alone with our rapist and other domestic rigamarole you thought it hilarious and endless fodder for your grist mills.

Now that you're in the line with us. Ain't so funny. Now it's "too serious" to speak aloud about. And should be left in quiet solitude of privacy.

Uh, uh.

ac·quit
   /əˈkwɪt/ Show Spelled[uh-kwit] Show IPA
–verb (used with object), -quit·ted, -quit·ting.
1. to relieve from a charge of fault or crime; declare not guilty: They acquitted him of the crime. The jury acquitted her, but I still think she's guilty.
2. to release or discharge (a person) from an obligation.
3. to settle or satisfy (a debt, obligation, claim, etc.).
4. to bear or conduct (oneself); behave: He acquitted himself well in battle.
5. to free or clear (oneself): He acquitted himself of suspicion.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxSZBkyBgX0yInev-pnDNVN7qx4t0E_81arQDah8HH_Uc1noxPBQ

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 10:57 AM
why bring up parker then?

Cuz he shit where he ate.

Me personally? I don't rank Parker out for this. It's between the adults and should be left twixt 'em.

But, just like in the aftermatch of June 17th when I was gonna tread lightly in the shadow of #16 out of respect to other members here-a-bouts Kool took me by the scruf of the neck and got my mind right. Same thing here:::there'd be no mercy if Kobe got a boner into the Buss girl. You guys would be goin' nuts.

Ipso facto, you deserve exactly what you're getting.

Cry Havoc
11-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Ipso facto, you deserve exactly what you're getting.

Oh nooooooooo being trolled by Laker fans about Parker's marriage while the Spurs are reeling off 11 wins in a row and Tony is playing some of the best ball of his career. The horror!

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Oh nooooooooo being trolled by Laker fans about Parker's marriage while the Spurs are reeling off 11 wins in a row and Tony is playing some of the best ball of his career. The horror!

Just think how we feel when you treat Kobe likewise and we win 2 in-a-row.

cornbread
11-23-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm not sure why Laker fan continues to wildly obsess over an inconsequential team like the Spurs, day-in and day-out. It doesn't make sense. And now to start whining about Dick Jefferson? Come on people, we're talking about Dick Jefferson here.

Honestly, the Spurs probably won't even make the playoffs.

Cry Havoc
11-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Just think how we feel when you treat Kobe likewise and we win 2 in-a-row.

Please point to where I've said anything of the sort about Kobe's case. Thanks.

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Please point to where I've said anything of the sort about Kobe's case. Thanks.

We're all judged by our respective fandoms, Cry. I stand with my Lakers Bros. right or wrong.

Would I a let this Parker business alone had Luva not cited it and held you fellows to accounts? Yes, I would have because it's just life between men & women. But, when a Lakers Brother calls, I don't qualify it, I just take up the hammer & and tong and side my Lakers Brother.

It's my religion.

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm not sure why Laker fan continues to wildly obsess over an inconsequential team like the Spurs, day-in and day-out.

Well, for the longest time we couldn't even find you....you flying under the radar and all after The Skunker.

cornbread
11-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Well, for the longest time we couldn't even find you....you flying under the radar and all after The Skunker.

Let's not kid ourselves Culburn. You and your bros found us long before The Skunker. Went out of your way in fact. Otherwise you wouldn't be here. But that's not the point. What I don't understand is the obsession with an inconsequential team that's coming off The Skunker and that has Dick Jefferson in the starting line up. It just doesn't add up.

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Let's not kid ourselves Culburn. You and your bros found us long before The Skunker. Went out of your way in fact. Otherwise you wouldn't be here. But that's not the point. What I don't understand is the obsession with an inconsequential team that's coming off The Skunker and that has Dick Jefferson in the starting line up. It just doesn't add up.

It's the only decent site on the Internet. & the only one that will permit me to join.

The Princess runs it to perfection. + she's very vivacious & quite an adorable bundle.

cornbread
11-23-2010, 11:35 AM
It's the only decent site on the Internet. & the only one that will permit me to join.

The Princess runs it to perfection. + she's very vivacious & quite an adorable bundle.

Can't argue with any of those points.

:lol @ the only one that will permit you to join.

Giuseppe
11-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Oh, yeah, Kori is wonderful. Kool, Wreck and some of other guys want to do naughties and what not with her.

I'd settle for just a tight hug. She's the livin' end.

Fabbs
11-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Surely the 1949 homo ^^^ and his fellow LA Flamers would go for a Gasol for Jefferson trade?

Since it's the same.

Have another cup.

LkrFan
05-14-2013, 02:29 AM
***BUMP***

The Gift! that keeps on giving. The Gasol trade not only helped bring about 5 > 4. It cause the Spurs to be knocked out the playoffs twice so far:

2008: Lost Western Conference Finals (Lakers 4, Spurs 1 :))
2011: Lost Western Conference First Round (aka 8 :lol)
2013: TBD...but stay tuned! :lol

The Gift! may be the reason why the Spurs never even sniff the Finals ever again in the Tim Duncan era. No wonder Pop was maaaaaaaaaaad as fuck when it went down. :rollin :lmao :rollin

Discuss. :toast

spurraider21
05-14-2013, 02:36 AM

:lol RJ trade

DMC
05-14-2013, 07:32 AM
***BUMP***

The Gift! that keeps on giving. The Gasol trade not only helped bring about 5 > 4. It cause the Spurs to be knocked out the playoffs twice so far:

2008: Lost Western Conference Finals (Lakers 4, Spurs 1 :))
2011: Lost Western Conference First Round (aka 8 :lol)
2013: TBD...but stay tuned! :lol

The Gift! may be the reason why the Spurs never even sniff the Finals ever again in the Tim Duncan era. No wonder Pop was maaaaaaaaaaad as fuck when it went down. :rollin :lmao :rollin

Discuss. :toast

So you admit that Pau was the reason the Lakers won two more rings.

Got it.