PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Official Mavs Offseason Thread

mavs>spurs2
06-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Mav fans, use this thread to discuss what moves need to be made, what needs to be done, etc. I'll Start.

I think we need to get in on the Rondo/Allen sweepstakes, seeing as backcourt is our weakest position. We get a quality young PG that we've always been looking for (sup Devin) who actually plays DEFENSE and can keep up with the quick PG's in the league. We also fill our gap at the 2 with a quality SG for at least another 1 to 2 years. Then if we swing a deal for either Chandler, whom they may be trying to salary dump, or sign Rasheed Wallace and suddenly our team is looking a whole lot better. Any other thoughts?

mavs>spurs2
06-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Acquiring Rondo also enables us to pull off a S&T with Kidd if he would agree to do so. We have a few pieces with expiring contracts and what not to make some moves, especially if teams are looking to dump salary.

BlackSwordsMan
06-23-2009, 03:32 PM
don't expect this thread to go very far :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
M > S, how are they going to get Rondo? (serious question)

mavs>spurs2
06-23-2009, 03:40 PM
M > S, how are they going to get Rondo? (serious question)

Well, they supposedly offered Rondo/Allen to the Pistons for Prince, Hamilton, and Stuckey, who immediately declined. If they're afraid of signing Rondo to a big deal long term, they might have to lower their standards a bit to get the job done. We could offer a combination of JET/Howard plus either Bass, an expiring such as Stackhouse, etc. I'm really not sure how this trade would go down, it's just the first thought that came to my head, but it's something to ponder as long as those 2 are on the trading block.

mavs>spurs2
06-23-2009, 04:26 PM
No Mav fans have any ideas? I guess you're all just as clueless as Donnie. Do we have the MLE or is that something that's only granted every so often?

BlackSwordsMan
06-23-2009, 04:28 PM
4 posts longer than I figured

mavs>spurs2
06-23-2009, 04:31 PM
4 posts longer than I figured

Hey this is the official Mavs offseason thread, if you don't have any ideas then kindly fuck off. There's a few Jefferson threads for you to go masturbate in

BlackSwordsMan
06-23-2009, 04:36 PM
offer varejao top dollar to secure him for next season

stretch
06-23-2009, 04:37 PM
i strongly doubt the mavs find a way to get both rondo and allen. maybe one or the other. but i even doubt that they get either one of them. however, if they decide to keep Kidd, then i wouldn't mind going after Allen, since the Mavs would then be in "win now" mode. that would give us a shooter/scorer that knows how to play off the ball and use screens to get himself open. maybe trade Terry and a pick for him. finally have a quality shooter 2 guard with size in the lineup. id still rather go after Bosh or Shaq.

mavs>spurs2
06-23-2009, 04:37 PM
offer varejao top dollar to secure him for next season

:lmao That will be the Spurs next offseason move now that they've traded away all their bigs. Congrats on adding two new douchebags on your team next year

mavs>spurs2
06-23-2009, 04:42 PM
i strongly doubt the mavs find a way to get both rondo and allen. maybe one or the other. but i even doubt that they get either one of them. however, if they decide to keep Kidd, then i wouldn't mind going after Allen, since the Mavs would then be in "win now" mode. that would give us a shooter/scorer that knows how to play off the ball and use screens to get himself open. maybe trade Terry and a pick for him. finally have a quality shooter 2 guard with size in the lineup. id still rather go after Bosh or Shaq.

Now that they've tried shopping both of them together and with Allen getting up there in age, and now obviously wondering about his future, don't they kind of have to package them together? It'd be cool if we could somehow land them both on the cheap and resign Kidd to package with Stack's expiring/picks/others to land a quality big man.

I still think Shaq and Dirk would compliment eachother perfectly. Both are good passing big men, one plays the high post one plays the low post. They could work the high-low game to perfection and prevent Dirk from getting triple teamed with no one to bail him out.

BlackSwordsMan
06-23-2009, 04:43 PM
:lmao That will be the Spurs next offseason move now that they've traded away all their bigs. Congrats on adding two new douchebags on your team next year

two?

Artest93
06-23-2009, 04:48 PM
No Mav fans have any ideas?

Hmm, I'm Shocked .......Mavs need to rid themselves of the JET, and find a legit two guard, resign Kidd, and get Dirk some help in the post, I mean gawdamn!!!!

mavs>spurs2
06-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Just pulled this off dallas mavericks official facebook

"Should Mavs get in on Ray/Rondo talks? .. Those Wiz-Mavs rumors wont stop - but they should."

Obviously the Rondo talks caught their attention..but what are the Wiz rumors about?

monosylab1k
06-23-2009, 05:11 PM
No Mav fans have any ideas?

I'm not gonna bother coming up with ways to save the Mavericks cuz none of it will ever happen. Cuban & Donnie aint doin shit to help the team this offseason, I can guarantee you that.

sribb43
06-23-2009, 05:51 PM
FUCK YOU DONNIE....you could have offered a better deal with Stack contract and $2mil buyout

What the point of making ideas like Mono said....Donnie and Mark love this fuckin soft ass team. still holding onto hope that we were so close in 2006 so why blow the whole thing up..:bang

Rogue
06-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Jefferson has 2 years left on his contract, that said, his contract will last till the summer of 11. Reasonably his contract belongs to the range of contracts that every team wants to get rid of in order to get their hands free in 10 free agent market.

Rogue
06-23-2009, 07:10 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m46tbu

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l839zb

Shank
06-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Fuck.

gaKNOW!blee
06-23-2009, 07:36 PM
M > S is REALLY worried about the Jefferson trade.

21_Blessings
06-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Take this team behind the woodshed and put it out of its misery

mavs>spurs2
06-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Contribute or fuck off my thread homos

poop
06-23-2009, 08:15 PM
word on the streets is there are some secret Ukranian Prospects that will put you guys over the edge is this true??

sribb43
06-24-2009, 07:48 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60020/20090624/mavericks_have_been_fairly_active/

Mavericks Have Been 'Fairly Active'

Jun 24, 2009 7:08 AM EST

The Mavericks watched the rival Spurs make a significant move on Tuesday, and have been working the phones themselves.

Dallas had what president Donnie Nelson called a "fairly active" Monday and Tuesday. They are expected to try to use Jerry Stackhouse's contract in a deal.

Stackhouse is due $7 million next season, but his contract can be bought out for just $2 million.

"There's a chance we could do something around the draft and probably an equal chance we would just carry it into July when a lot of the bigger deals are going to be discussed," Nelson said.

"We don't feel any outward sense of urgency because somebody else is doing something. But when it's right, we'll squeeze the trigger."

sribb43
06-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Cuban's newest Tweet

http://twitter.com/mcuban

mcuban winning the summer is not the ultimate goal in the nba

:bang

Basketballgirl25
06-24-2009, 02:19 PM
so a mavs fan asked me todat, how the mavs coul get Carter without trading any of your core, sorry I don't think mavs will get Carter unless they are giving Nets Josh Howard and other things

mavs>spurs2
06-24-2009, 02:34 PM
word on the streets is there are some secret Ukranian Prospects that will put you guys over the edge is this true??

Hey faggot, you do realize the person in your sig is a Donnie Nelson troll purposely making fun of his stupidity right? It's not just some "Mav fan following the RJ trade."

LeBronMVPjames
06-24-2009, 02:44 PM
I Think Mavs Need A Real Good center to get farther in postseason. Because they got PG:kidd SG:terry SF:howard PF:nowitzki <<This is a decent Team just get a real C and you will get Farther in Postseason for sure

Trainwreck2100
06-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Dirk's gonna be beasting next season now that his ho is out of the picture

sribb43
06-24-2009, 04:44 PM
There is your big offseason move....Mavs acquire a couple of 2nd rounders and move down in the draft :bang

Ghazi
06-24-2009, 06:46 PM
There is your big offseason move....Mavs acquire a couple of 2nd rounders and move down in the draft :bang

quit ya fuckin whining

sribb43
06-24-2009, 06:53 PM
quit ya fuckin whining

you would fit in perfectly in the Mavs front office

Chieflion
06-24-2009, 07:11 PM
It is good for the Mavs. That trade. Maybe you could get some gem in the 2nd round.

modtxspur
06-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Sign dampier to a contract extension so that he retires a mavdick and him and sean bradley can have there numbers retired as the two best centers to play in dallas

Rogue
06-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Sign dampier to a contract extension so that he retires a mavdick and him and sean bradley can have there numbers retired as the two best centers to play in dallas
Sam Fucking Perkins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Perkins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Perkins)

stretch
06-25-2009, 08:22 AM
The main three guys I want to see the Mavs pursue:

Chris Bosh
Vince Carter
Chris Kaman

If the Mavs can get one of those guys here (preferably Bosh or Carter), I'd be happy.

stretch
06-25-2009, 08:42 AM
I saw on DallasBasketball.com another interesting guy to pursue... Elton Brand.

Ghazi
06-25-2009, 09:00 AM
I saw on DallasBasketball.com another interesting guy to pursue... Elton Brand.

undersized PFs tend to decline quicker and he hasnt done shit in 2 years... not very interesting imo

stretch
06-25-2009, 10:35 AM
undersized PFs tend to decline quicker and he hasnt done shit in 2 years... not very interesting imo

shut the fuck up please

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-25-2009, 10:39 AM
shut the fuck up please

No kidding. Ghazi is a homo.

clambake
06-25-2009, 10:43 AM
don't worry. mark and donnie jr. are itching to make a shitty, bloated, overpriced trade for some scrub.

they can make that happen.

sribb43
06-25-2009, 10:45 AM
When Mark and Donnie hear the words offseason, they take the word "offseason" literally....

stretch
06-25-2009, 10:51 AM
I love how Mav fan feast on each other like cannibalistic piranhas. I wonder if Donnie is puffing a spliff right now.

I love how lost you are on 98% of your posts in this forum, not ever knowing what the fuck you are talking about.

clambake
06-25-2009, 11:10 AM
I wonder if Spurs fans view the Mavs in the same light as we view the Clippers. Just wondering...

do the lakers lose to the clippers all the time?

if so, then yes.

sribb43
06-25-2009, 11:11 AM
This is were Donnie looks for talent during the offseason

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/0001images/hoop-camp-logo.jpg

xUlZT960sNo

clambake
06-25-2009, 11:17 AM
I was asking Spur fan.

so what?

the lakers would have to lose to the clippers all the time to make your question valid.

sribb43
06-25-2009, 11:18 AM
so what?

the lakers would have to lose to the clippers all the time to make your question valid.

no point in responding to this imbecile

clambake
06-25-2009, 11:20 AM
just trying to teach him how to compose a proper question.

MateoNeygro
06-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Well, they supposedly offered Rondo/Allen to the Pistons for Prince, Hamilton, and Stuckey, who immediately declined. If they're afraid of signing Rondo to a big deal long term, they might have to lower their standards a bit to get the job done. We could offer a combination of JET/Howard plus either Bass, an expiring such as Stackhouse, etc. I'm really not sure how this trade would go down, it's just the first thought that came to my head, but it's something to ponder as long as those 2 are on the trading block.

You would really trade Jet and Howard for Allen and Rondo? Rondo is dope but Howard and Jet are excellent. I dunno it's kind of a toss up in my mind.

MateoNeygro
06-25-2009, 11:51 AM

Why so harsh man?? Calm down.

MateoNeygro
06-25-2009, 12:00 PM
I love how Mav fan feast on each other like cannibalistic piranhas. I wonder if Donnie is puffing a spliff right now.

hahahahahah...I am not being a hater and I know they beat the Spurs but I just don't know what move they could make to be a serious contender. They have good players they're just kind of an enigma. 2006 was ya'lls year I don't know WTF happened.

BlackSwordsMan
06-25-2009, 12:47 PM
expect big moves from cuban today

stretch
06-30-2009, 11:51 AM
so i wonder if the mavs are pursuing any of the bigger name FAs available... such as Ben Gordon, Andre Miller, Rasheed, or Marvin Williams?

sribb43
06-30-2009, 11:58 AM
http://www.myfox8.com/wghp-josh-howard-camp-090625,0,7075343.story

sonic21
06-30-2009, 03:46 PM
good news :tu

Devean George staying with Mavs (http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/06/d-george-staying-with-mavs.html)

The agent for Devean George said this morning that the 6-8 swingman has exercised his player option to remain with the Mavericks for next season.

That means George will be under contract for 2009-10 for $1.6 million.

That doesn't necessarily mean he will be on the roster come October. He remains a valuable trade chip if his salary is needed to make the numbers match up on any future deals.

Someday, if George can ever remain healthy enough for a full season, he is capable of producing for good teams. Here's hoping George has one of those seasons soon. After 10 years in the league, he's running out of time.

--Eddie Sefko

BlackSwordsMan
06-30-2009, 03:51 PM
tomorrow is when mark cuban shows you nay sayers and doubters what he's been playing this whole weekend

stretch
06-30-2009, 04:10 PM
good news :tu

Devean George staying with Mavs (http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/06/d-george-staying-with-mavs.html)

The agent for Devean George said this morning that the 6-8 swingman has exercised his player option to remain with the Mavericks for next season.

That means George will be under contract for 2009-10 for $1.6 million.

That doesn't necessarily mean he will be on the roster come October. He remains a valuable trade chip if his salary is needed to make the numbers match up on any future deals.

Someday, if George can ever remain healthy enough for a full season, he is capable of producing for good teams. Here's hoping George has one of those seasons soon. After 10 years in the league, he's running out of time.

--Eddie Sefko

I don't mind him as a backup SF. The team really needs to find another scorer though.

Findog
06-30-2009, 04:16 PM
George is fine as a 9-12th man.

stretch
07-01-2009, 12:03 PM
a reasonable lineup i wouldn't mind seeing...

PG - Kidd, Barea
SG - Daniels, Terry
SF - Howard, George
PF - Dirk, Bass
C - Rasheed, Hollins