PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace

Leetonidas
06-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Does the trade for Jefferson make signing with the Spurs that much more enticing for Rasheed? They are clearly the favorites behind the Lakers, and if they can get Sheed they are IMO the clear favorite to win the title.

Thoughts?

Thomas82
06-24-2009, 12:06 AM
I don't think he'll be willing to sign with the Spurs for cheap.

Ditty
06-24-2009, 12:08 AM
MLE?

maybe

franceout
06-24-2009, 12:11 AM
though sheed is no doubt more talented, id say dice fits spurs better. he grabs more rebs, focus more on defense, and recently becomes a nice mid range shooter. Most important, he is more motivated and he does not lose his temper. finally he is more affordable.

bigdog
06-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Sheed showed his desire to play in San Antonio last season, and that was before this trade. I would think that any Center that sees the desperate need for their services on the Spurs would be highly interested in signing, even if it meant sacrificing money to do so.

Spursfan092120
06-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Rasheed would be a different person in SA. He has a lot more respect for Pop than he has for his past coaches. Besides, he's getting a little old, and wants another ring before he's done.

Sean Cagney
06-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Give me Dice, Sheed is a good defender but he shoots too much outside and is not as good on the boards as Dice is! Dice fits our team better IMO, we don't need another dude jacking up threes for GODS sakes after last year.

Sheed has all the talent in the world, he just doesn't use it right. I would take Sheed though over our C anyday ;)

spursfan1000
06-24-2009, 12:22 AM
If we can't get Dyess I would love to have Rasheed, if not nhim then Gooden.

Yuixafun
06-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Sheed > Bonner

HarlemHeat37
06-24-2009, 12:50 PM
I would love to have 'Sheed here..it looks like we'll be competing with the Cavs and retirement, assuming that the front office has some interest..

silk
06-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Contract of 2 years, 10 millions would be enticing for him i thought

CGD
06-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Maybe 2 years each for 4M. Anything less than that may be tough. 4M a year is even pushing it IMO.

The_Game
06-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Does the trade for Jefferson make signing with the Spurs that much more enticing for Rasheed? They are clearly the favorites behind the Lakers, and if they can get Sheed they are IMO the clear favorite to win the title.

Thoughts?

A 35 year old sheed will not make much difference. Lakers would still be the favourites.

EricB
06-24-2009, 03:16 PM
A 35 year old sheed will not make much difference. Lakers would still be the favourites.

:lol

What the hell else would the need?!

The_Game
06-24-2009, 03:23 PM
:lol

What the hell else would the need?!

it makes the spurs a top contender but Lakers still have the better roster.

xtremesteven33
06-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Parker
Ginobili
Jefferson
Duncan
Wallace

OMG :wow

poop
06-24-2009, 03:28 PM
how many fckin 'sheed' threads are there gonna be? whats the hardon for this guy?

ITS NOT 2004 ANYMORE.

'sheed' is 35 frickin years old, has been injury prone lately, and will demand too much money.

iilluzioN
06-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Parker
Ginobili
Jefferson
Duncan
Wallace

then Hill, mason, and IAN chillin at the bench!!! :wow:wow:wow:wow

The_Game
06-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Parker
Ginobili
Jefferson
Duncan
Wallace

Many 5 years ago it would look amazing...

iilluzioN
06-24-2009, 03:31 PM

5 years ago Parker is not the player he is now.

Tony Parker is the best PG in the NBA.

TimDunkem
06-24-2009, 03:32 PM
it makes the spurs a top contender but Lakers still have the better roster.

Yeah, they're just too big on the inside. They're not exactly nonathletic either. It'll take a little more than Sheed and a healthy Duncan to beat the Lakers.

Agloco
06-24-2009, 03:37 PM

ROFL :lol

I think you need to check our current lineup at center and repost.

Agloco
06-24-2009, 03:39 PM

Still looks pretty damn good.

The_Game
06-24-2009, 03:40 PM
ROFL :lol

I think you need to check our current lineup at center and repost.

nothing changes...lakers frontcourt is still better and we don't know how much duncan has left.

Sheed's 40% fg shooting isn't going to help much..

xtremesteven33
06-24-2009, 03:42 PM
nothing changes...lakers frontcourt is still better and we don't know how much duncan has left.

Duncan/Sheed >> Gasol/Bynum

Duncan owns Gasol and Sheed would outplay and outsmart Bynum. Sheed by himself can contain Dwight Howard. He can shut down Bynum.

QuietDynasty
06-24-2009, 03:44 PM

your counting on the lakers keeping odom and ariza...which seems unlikely ...how would this change if they both left....as it is we will compete with them for the west

anonoftheinternets
06-24-2009, 03:54 PM
the_game is a troll lakers fan .... (and a secret cavs fan) ...

Yuixafun
06-24-2009, 04:13 PM
If it was anyone else but Tim Duncan as the leader of the team I would be very leery about bringing in 'sheed due to his perceived personality. Fiery and cantankerous to say the least. But even keel Duncan should balance him out. Game-wise they compliment each other splendidly.

I think it's asking too much for a player of his caliber to take a dramatic pay cut. Since we're already into the tax you can't pinch pennies if it means signing talent to win. You can't make an offer that would be insulting.

Lakers999
06-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Sheed on the SPurs has me worried..... I hope it doesnt fucking happen

HarlemHeat37
06-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Rasheed and Duncan are always talking on the court, and they seem to have a lot of respect for each other..it isn't a coincidence that Wallace's best seasons came with Larry Brown as the coach, a guy he respects a lot..he would be playing under a coach he would certainly respect, and playing with a great veteran team..

I have ZERO concerns about Wallace fitting with the Spurs..

He's a perfect fit against the Lakers, and that's obviously who we are planning against..he makes 3s consistently, which would take Gasol out of the paint, making it easier for Tony, RJ, and Manu to get inside..defense isn't a concern at all, he's still a tough interior defender, and all he needs is motivation..

InK
06-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Sheed on the SPurs has me worried..... I hope it doesnt fucking happen

It be fun and you know it.

Muser
06-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Rasheed and Duncan are always talking on the court, and they seem to have a lot of respect for each other..it isn't a coincidence that Wallace's best seasons came with Larry Brown as the coach, a guy he respects a lot..he would be playing under a coach he would certainly respect, and playing with a great veteran team..

He's a perfect fit against the Lakers, and that's obviously who we are planning against..he makes 3s consistently, which would take Gasol out of the paint, making it easier for Tony, RJ, and Manu to get inside..defense isn't a concern at all, he's still a tough interior defender, and all he needs is motivation..

Sheeds 3 point % was poor as of late.

Muser
06-24-2009, 05:04 PM
I guess, but we don't need more 3 point shooters, if Sheed would concentrate on posting up and not take as many 3's i'd be all for it. I know he's old but Sheed is a beast when he posts up.

Spurtacus
06-24-2009, 05:10 PM
At some point we want to get some young bigs, right? Bonner sure as hell isn't the future. If we can move Bonner I'm all for Sheed coming in.

Pucho!!!
06-24-2009, 05:18 PM
I guess, but we don't need more 3 point shooters, if Sheed would concentrate on posting up and not take as many 3's i'd be all for it. I know he's old but Sheed is a beast when he posts up.

We do need him to be able to hit 3s to open up the paint for all this firepower we got (Parker, Duncan, Jefferson and Manu)

HarlemHeat37
06-24-2009, 05:21 PM

He definitely has motivation issues, which would be the main concern..his 3-point shooting ability is one of the main attractions though, since we obviously already have a great post-up player..

I agree that it would be nice if he mixed it up..

Yuixafun
06-24-2009, 05:23 PM
I can see Sheed getting under Gasol's skin easily.

Spurtacus
06-24-2009, 05:25 PM
I can see Sheed getting under Gasol's skin easily.

Agreed. But I can also see Sheed taking some plays off and getting benched by Pop for inconsistent play. :bang

clubalien
06-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Parker
Ginobili
Jefferson
Duncan
Wallace

i think in that lineup tim would be the center

Blackjack
06-24-2009, 08:13 PM

That's pretty much been my rationale.:tu

Plus, you've got to take into consideration that the Spurs' stockpile of pressure-tested 3-point threats has taking a pretty big hit over the last couple of years.

Bowen, (likely gone) Barry, and Horry have been replaced by Mason, Finley, and Bonner. And while I do believe that Mason is capable of coming through when the chips are down, and am pretty confident with Finley hitting a clutch shot, Bonner's done nothing to have earned any such trust.

The Spurs have one guy I know can come through from 3 in the clutch, (Manu) one guy I feel can do so, (Mason) and one guy I know is capable of hitting a big-time 3, (Finley) but they can't use him as basketball's-version of a DH. (IOW, he shouldn't be on the court unless he's asked to catch and shoot, then immediately subbed out for someone to do everything else.)

Rasheed's 3 pt.% hasn't been exactly stellar lately but that doesn't take away from the fact that he does have to be respected. Plus, I have a hard time passing too much judgement on his performance from last year, at least considering all the circumstances.

Tony, Manu, and Jefferson are all slashers at heart and with Tim down in the post (even if it won't be as much as we're used to) 'Sheed spacing the floor out to 3 would be a real nice compliment.

I'm not sure if the Spurs' target is 'Sheed but hearing Pop actually say that they'd be using their "middle-class-exception" on a 4-man leads me to believe Wallace just might actually be a possibility.

I just can't get over the fact of how seemingly transparent Pop and R.C. have been in talking about what they're doing, and that the Spurs are throwing around cash like they were friends of Bernie Madoff. (Hyperbole, I know, but this is almost some shit straight out of the Twighlight Zone)

i think in that lineup tim would be the center

You could surround Tim with: Wee-Man, Guillermo, Webster, and Gary Coleman, yet he'd still be listed as the "power-forward." (Matt Bonner- Center.:lol)

Spursfan092120
06-24-2009, 08:15 PM

Can you change your team back to the Lakers please?

crc21209
06-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Duncan, Bonner, Sheed, Mahinmi, FA big or Oberto coming back. Not bad :tu

jcrod
06-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Can you change your team back to the Lakers please?

You post way too many times, i see your annoying avatar and huge sig too many times during the day. First time i'm considering turning sigs and avs off.

buttsR4rebounding
06-25-2009, 12:16 AM
Now that Cleveland has Shaq it seems to grease the way for Sheed to come to the Spurs...:lobt2: