PDA

View Full Version : Draft status for Spurs after trade...

bless1187
06-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Spurs roster:

PG: T. Parker (13 mil expires 2011) / G. Hill (1 mil team option 2010, 2011)
SG: E. Ginobili (11 mil expires 2010) / R. Mason (4 mil expires 2010)
SF: R. Jefferson (14 mil expires 2011) / M. Finley (3 mil expires 2010)
PF: T. Duncan (22 mil expires 2012) / M. Bonner (3 mil expires 2010)
C: I. Mahinmi (1 mil team option 2009, 2010)

Draft picks: 37, 51, 53

Outlook: The Spurs had two weakness coming into the offseason, the SF and C spot. The Spurs address the SF issue with the acquirement of R. Jefferson on tuesday; but it left the Spurs with an ever bigger hole in the center position, and already 5 mil over the luxury cap. Obviously the 51st and 53rd pick is basically a waste, and will probably not make the team. And with the 37th pick, our only hope is that a player we want fall to us, but will most likely find not be in the rotation or even make the team.

i believe that if we want to move into the 1st round, we do have a few trade assets in R. Mason, M. Finley, and M. Bonner. I personally believe that R. Mason is our best bet to be traded, and i wouldn't really mind having M. Finley playing backup to either E. Ginobili or R. Jefferson. R. Mason struggled last year coming off the bench after the return of E. Ginobili and his production off the bench is even worst than M. Finley; and R. Mason's playoff performance was even worst than M. Finley, so i wouldn't really mind having M. Finley on the bench playing 10-20 min a game. And if we want to contend for the championship next year, we cannot have M. Bonner being our starting C; i would have rather D. Gooden be our starting C than M. Bonner, and toward the end of the season, i felt that D. Gooden has outplayed him in every aspect of the game. I really hope that we could package lets say R. Mason, M. Bonner, and the 37th pick for maybe a pick in the 10-20.

spursbird
06-23-2009, 09:12 PM
R. Mason is not a bad bench player. He just need more confidence and Pop should not let him be the backup PG again.

timvp
06-23-2009, 09:16 PM
I really hope that we could package lets say R. Mason, M. Bonner, and the 37th pick for maybe a pick in the 10-20.Meh, I wouldn't even jump at that (especially considering the ugly contract that would come back in return). This draft is really weak. 10-20 in this draft is like 20-30 in a regular draft.

A rookie big isn't going to get the job done. If you are going to trade that package, I'd trade it for someone known like Camby, Collison, Foster or someone else of that level.

poop
06-23-2009, 09:17 PM
I think this is the same thread as the other threads on the frontpage. Just a different title. Anyone disagree?

i think this is the same kind of poster as the other posters on this site. just with a different screen name. anyone disagree?

:rolleyes

seriously who says something like this?