PDA

View Full Version : Spurs still suck but they made a nice deal

cp3forever
06-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Yeah I have to admit the Spurs had made a nice deal althouth IMO Jefferson was just a bit overpaid and overrated, and would not gonna make an impact to help the spurs go farther in the playoffs. Yeah we have to admit that Spurs really get improved from the trade because they just buy themselves a useful Manu injury insurance, expensive, but useful. We all know that Spurs still suck and this trade would not make any difference to help Spurs turn out to be an elite team. But come on, lets say congradualatons, Spurs made a nice deal.

rayray2k8
06-23-2009, 09:48 PM
You mad? :lol
Yeah, its great! They filled 1 hole by making another.. Very thin front line.
Adding splitter makes this the strongest off-season for the spurs.

NRHector
06-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Yeah I have to admit the Spurs had made a nice deal althouth IMO Jefferson was just a bit overpaid and overrated, and would not gonna make an impact to help the spurs go farther in the playoffs. Yeah we have to admit that Spurs really get improved from the trade because they just buy themselves a useful Manu injury insurance, expensive, but useful. We all know that Spurs still suck and this trade would not make any difference to help Spurs turn out to be an elite team. But come on, lets say congradualatons, Spurs made a nice deal.your team is not even in the pathetic level yet, talk shit when you get there:toast

Kori Ellis
06-23-2009, 09:52 PM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8545/cp3j.jpg
http://www.nsmradio.com/Images/Choking01.jpg

Mark in Austin
06-23-2009, 09:53 PM
the sound you just heard was Chris Paul flopping.

rayray2k8
06-23-2009, 09:54 PM
your team is not even in the pathetic level yet, talk shit when you get there:toast

He wasn't really talking shit, but his view pretty much reflect the majority of the NBA fans on how surprised they were to see how little the spurs gave away to get Jefferson.

td4mvp21
06-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Could someone translate? Thanks.

NRHector
06-23-2009, 09:57 PM
He wasn't really talking shit, but his view pretty much reflect the majority of the NBA fans on how surprised they were to see how little the spurs gave away to get Jefferson.The Spurs were due for a trade like that a "Gasolistic trade"

superbigtime
06-23-2009, 10:08 PM
http://www.readthesmiths.com/articles/Images/Humor/Fail/millionaire_idiot_fail.jpg

Spursfan092120
06-23-2009, 10:10 PM
http://www.readthesmiths.com/articles/Images/Humor/Fail/millionaire_idiot_fail.jpg
LOL..I was actually watching this episode...I was like...the FUCKING MOON!!!

bigdog
06-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Compared to the Gasol trade it isn't that little

Actually, it's MUCH less. The Spurs pretty much gave up Kurt Thomas for Jefferson. Bowen is going to be bought out, and Oberto went to Detroit, where he will likely be bought out.

superbigtime
06-23-2009, 10:30 PM
lol

ulosturedge
06-23-2009, 10:36 PM

lol you can't be serious. She even had to use a 50-50? wtf was the other options lol.

SouthTexasRancher
06-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah I have to admit the Spurs had made a nice deal althouth IMO Jefferson was just a bit overpaid and overrated, and would not gonna make an impact to help the spurs go farther in the playoffs. Yeah we have to admit that Spurs really get improved from the trade because they just buy themselves a useful Manu injury insurance, expensive, but useful. We all know that Spurs still suck and this trade would not make any difference to help Spurs turn out to be an elite team. But come on, lets say congradualatons, Spurs made a nice deal.

Ain't nobody SUCKS as bad as the N.O. Hornets sucked after that billion point loss to the Denver Nuggets in the playoffs. That put you guys on a par with the 2006 Dallas Mavettes.

ulosturedge
06-23-2009, 10:44 PM
LOL..I was actually watching this episode...I was like...the FUCKING MOON!!!w

Actually I just read that that was a fake image lol. Photoshopped. So were you high or what? Or you were just trying to bust peoples balls like mine?! lol

braeden0613
06-23-2009, 10:53 PM
I hate to be that guy, but that's obviously fake.

SnakeBoy
06-23-2009, 11:06 PM

Are you joking or did that really happen?

SnakeBoy
06-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Guess I should have read the rest of the posts. No way that could have been real.

45 bank shot
06-23-2009, 11:12 PM

why do somebody like you even bothering posting here?
At the end of the season, I saw you rooting for a team against the spurs and now you come here to talk shit? I think you should rather worry about your own shitty team

modtxspur
06-23-2009, 11:58 PM

What Taco bell did you have to shut down for an hour so you could post this. Jesus, the only word consistently spelled right is Spurs.

TheProfessor
06-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Bump?

Libri
06-24-2009, 12:18 AM

I hadn't seen this one. :lol

Spurm
06-24-2009, 04:22 AM

Agree...
They will SUCK Forever...
spurms are trash even with Jefferson...no wonder why he has been in how many teams the last few years?

Bukefal
06-24-2009, 05:07 AM

:lol is this for real?! How can people be so stupid?! :lmao

afireinside20
06-24-2009, 06:18 AM
Agree...
spurms are trash even with Jefferson...no wonder why he has been in how many teams the last few years?

LOL troll alert

Drachen
06-24-2009, 08:30 AM
Agree...

Um, he has been with 2 teams over the previous 8 years (since his rookie season). Not quite the definition of a journeyman.

JustSpurs
06-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Agree...

Lewis is NOW an Orlando fan???

Chieflion
06-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Lewis is NOW an Orlando fan???
Its Louis.

Of course Lewis will be a fan of his own team.

urunobili
06-24-2009, 08:52 AM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8545/cp3j.jpg
http://www.nsmradio.com/Images/Choking01.jpg

:lmao

DrHouse
06-24-2009, 09:19 AM
The Spurs aren't trash, but they are no longer a championship caliber team.

Duncan and Ginobili have noticeably dropped off in their performance and another brutal NBA season isn't going to make that worse.

Getting RJ is a start in the right direction, but now they need to find a real bigman to place alongside Duncan. And no, Rasheed is not the answer as he is washed up and can't play defense and is resigned to chuck 3's all day long. If the Spurs snagged Gortat though that would work out very well for them.

nkdlunch
06-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Kobe is old and finished too. Whoever beats the Nuggets will win the 2010 championship

Drachen
06-24-2009, 09:32 AM

Duncan and Ginobili have noticeably dropped off in their performance and another brutal NBA season isn't going to make that worse.

Getting RJ is a start in the right direction, but now they need to find a real bigman to place alongside Duncan. And no, Rasheed is not the answer as he is washed up and can't play defense and is resigned to chuck 3's all day long. If the Spurs snagged Gortat though that would work out very well for them.

I agree on the bigman, but disagree on all of the rest. If you would have said that Gino is injury prone, I could agree with you, but his stats show that he was above his career averages last year. The only arguement that you could make here is that he fell off sharply from last year, but that year was head and shoulders above all of the rest of his career, and he was injured most of this year. Duncan on the other hand shows really no substantial slip, he has always been a 21-22 and 10-12 kind of guy, last year was 20/11. Is his production down from his career highs? Sure, but it is not a "noticeable" drop off as you insinuate.

ulosturedge
06-24-2009, 09:40 AM

We know we need a big House. But regardless this does make our team better then before.

We had just as many issues at the SF spot. We needed someone who can guard opposing players of the same stature. We needed an added piece that could help create for themselves which creates for everyone else. And we needed someone who can help with the scoring load when people need rest.

Yes you could say the center position is more valuable but you take what you can get. For the caliber of player we were able to get out of RJ at SF; I don't think we could have got the same type of value at the Center position.

Yes there is still work to be done. But this is definitely a step in the right direction.