PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili playing like garbage

RobinsontoDuncan
04-01-2005, 11:05 PM
10 for his last 30 and a horrible 1st quarter so far, I think this prroves that parker is the teams number 2 option, over all the whole team is playing poorly, but the turnovers and poor offense in general have really reflected poorly on Ginobili.

Dex
04-01-2005, 11:19 PM
I think Manu has been pushing his body too hard. Despite his injuries, he's giving 110 percent to try and be this team's leader and though it's doing good for team morale, it's going to break him down before the playoffs even roll into town.

Nikos
04-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Weird how you had to hear the 10-30 before you made this decision.

gr8jason
04-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Only down by 11 at this point. They will clamp down on D here soon.

Nikos
04-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Offense is needed.

Dex
04-01-2005, 11:28 PM
I've actually been worried about this ever since Pop called out for leaders and Manu stepped up.

Everyone seemed to brush the fact that he still has a weak groin and another odd assortment of injuries under the carpet.

It's great to see that spark now, but we'll need it more come playoff time.

boutons
04-01-2005, 11:30 PM
What TF is the rush to start trashing Manu? A new thread for Manu = Garbage?
GMAFB, R2D, you suck rotten eggs.

The whole team sucks tonight.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-01-2005, 11:37 PM
The fact that the team is going as Manu goes tonight proves that Manu is the #2 option after Duncan, not Tony.

How you can conclude anything but is beyond me, and I'm not just talking about tonight. Parker had several big games scoring wise when TD went out, and we still lost. But when Manu stepped up, the team responded, and their quotes recently reflect as much.

Manu is the man.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-01-2005, 11:38 PM
shut up boutons you trash the whole fucking team everytime they lose a game, that's the pot calling the kettle black.

And just so you know, I call out all the players who play like shit, Manu just happend to be particualrly bad the first couple of series, now the whole team looks pathetic

SequSpur
04-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Manu sucks.

boutons
04-01-2005, 11:51 PM
When the team plays bad, I complain about the team. When the team plays good, I say so.

They win, or lose as team, not as individuals. Big difference from the assholes here who call out a single player as the single reason for a bad TEAM game.

1Parker1
04-01-2005, 11:52 PM
The fact that the team is going as Manu goes tonight proves that Manu is the #2 option after Duncan, not Tony.

How you can conclude anything but is beyond me, and I'm not just talking about tonight. Parker had several big games scoring wise when TD went out, and we still lost. But when Manu stepped up, the team responded, and their quotes recently reflect as much.

Manu is the man.

Yes, but when Parker had those several big games that we still lost, we were also without MANU. And those games that we won WITH MANU, he still had Parker. WTF cares who the second option is? Usually the way it works out is that when Manu has a good game, Parker has a bad one and when Parker has a good game, Manu seems to have a bad one. Whoever is having a good game on a particular night should be the second option...Heck some nights I am hoping that it might even be Brent Barry :)

Tek_XX
04-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Manus shot is not there like it was, hopefully it comes back soon

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-01-2005, 11:59 PM
1parker,

I am a big Tony Parker fan, but the body of work over the course of the last two seasons tells me that outside of Duncan, as Manu goes so goes the Spurs.

TP is the third wheel.

nkdlunch
04-02-2005, 12:01 AM
He's only played 11 minutes the whole half!!!!

Gime a break!

the team couldn't be playing worse and they're only down by 12

MaNuMaNiAc
04-02-2005, 12:16 AM
10 for his last 30 and a horrible 1st quarter so far, I think this prroves that parker is the teams number 2 option, over all the whole team is playing poorly, but the turnovers and poor offense in general have really reflected poorly on Ginobili.
WHAT A MORON!!! I bet you spend every fucking game waiting for Manu to screw up so that you can make it about Manu vs Parker. Get a life idiot. They are both leading the team, some games its TP some Manu.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-02-2005, 12:20 AM
This is what Manu has to do, when his shot isn't falling focus on defense, and get to the line, nice rebound manu.

smeagol
04-02-2005, 12:22 AM
RtD, your first post is moronic. If we win this game, it will be because of Manu.

Nikos
04-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Manu comes out...and now a run by Denver.

Great. 3-4 straight forced/uncomfortable shots by Marks, and Denver goes on sort of a half-assed run.

Manu got the team in the penalty, it would be nice if they could attack the rack, or atleast look like they want to shoot OPEN shots.

beck253
04-02-2005, 12:27 AM

I really hope this 3rd qtr, when Manu almost singlehandledly cut the lead from 17 to 4, with 10 pts 5 rebs and 3 ast from him in 8 mins, means you are gonna zip it for good ... you damn ungrateful hater

MaNuMaNiAc
04-02-2005, 12:28 AM
Manu got the team within 4, he comes out, and Nuggets role. I'm sory, but seems Manu is carrying this one. Plus 11/8/5 and only 2 turnovers?? seriously RtD WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?

ShoogarBear
04-02-2005, 12:29 AM
The Church is riled.

Nikos
04-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Church or no church. With Manu the offense had a purpose, right now it doesn't. Why not keep him in a few more minutes and establish yourself instead of taking him out when you have all the momentum?

MaNuMaNiAc
04-02-2005, 12:35 AM
The Church is riled.
Yo smart guy, tell me I'm wrong! go ahead

SequSpur
Somebody want to send me a PM and let me know what minute, quarter, half or game that Manu actually will show up.

All of these damn Spur players are to damn inconsistent to win shit.

Pisses me off.

texbumTHElife
This team has no reliable second option, period.

Ginobilli and Parker both look all world one game but then turn around and dissappear the next. I think this is largely a product of the system we run when Duncan is healthy. We have won three games in a row though and have played our tails off so I wont sweat this game no matter how bad it gets.

smeagol
04-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Manu sucks.
No Sequ, it's you who sucks. Badly, I may add.

SequSpur
Manu is to inconsistent. He sucks more than he plays well

MaNuMaNiAc
Sequ, right now, you're just hilarious dude

whottt
04-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Not to make excuses but the whole team looks like it is moving in slow motion....

Late Start + Mile High = Lethargic play and whole team moving like they are on qualudes.

With every minutes that passes, they move sloooooower and slooooooower.

SequSpur
04-02-2005, 12:38 AM
Bull shit.

Its the end of the season and they are lethargic and lack execution?

Call a spade a spade. George Karl > Pop

whottt
04-02-2005, 12:39 AM
Passing and dribbling like they are on qualudes too.

Nikos
This team has no reliable second option, period.

Ginobilli and Parker both look all world one game but then turn around and dissappear the next. I think this is largely a product of the system we run when Duncan is healthy. We have won three games in a row though and have played our tails off so I wont sweat this game no matter how bad it gets.

:rolleyes

whottt
Bull shit.

You are fucking insane. No way....Karl sucks. Root for a Karl coached team for a while and see if you still feel that way.

whottt
04-02-2005, 12:42 AM
Seriously...when was the last time anyone saw Parker sweating like that....

whottt
04-02-2005, 12:46 AM
Spurs need to stop playing D and focus all their energy on scoring...

nkdlunch
04-02-2005, 12:47 AM
Manu is to inconsistent. He sucks more than he plays well

Tell me one spur besides duncan who is more consistent than manu??

GoSpurs21
04-02-2005, 12:47 AM
hey Whot where the fuck is your boy Barry?
answer: sucking ass just like the rest of the season.

I said it before. I will give Barry props when he puts together a string of 5 good games. To quote the great Ted Knight....Well we're waiting.

oh yea he needs 40+ mins to get warmed up

texbumTHElife
04-02-2005, 12:48 AM
:rolleyes

What is it that you are rolling your eyes at? Care to actualy post a legitimate argument or just continue to use childish smilies to convey your thoughts? Nothing I said was off base or unrealistic.

texbumTHElife
04-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Bull shit.

I think you said it yourself.

Nikos
04-02-2005, 12:55 AM
What is it that you are rolling your eyes at? Care to actualy post a legitimate argument or just continue to use childish smilies to convey your thoughts? Nothing I said was off base or unrealistic.

Yes it was. Manu and TP have been very consistent.

BTW how did Tmac do tonight? He had 40+ the other night, and SUCKED tonight? All world one night, shit the next?

But I guess it doesn't matter considering TP and Manu having to score 25+ for it to be a good game?

Fact is they HAVE been consistent this season. There is no way this team has a 9-10ppg winning differential without CONSISTENT dominance.

When they are healthy, they have been excellent. A few games on the road without their best player doesn't make them inconsistent.

SequSpur
04-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Manu took 10 games off after the allstar break. You call that consistency?

Manu is the definition of hot doggedness inconsistency. Check your dictionary.

Frenchise player
04-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Manu always play with energy and brings something. He is having some troubles with his shoot, I hope it won't last.

Nikos
Manu took 10 games off after the allstar break. You call that consistency?

:lol Is that an attempt at a well thought and solid post?

texbumTHElife
Yes it was. Manu and TP have been very consistent.

BTW how did Tmac do tonight? He had 40+ the other night, and SUCKED tonight? All world one night, shit the next?

But I guess it doesn't matter considering TP and Manu having to score 25+ for it to be a good game?

Fact is they HAVE been consistent this season. There is no way this team has a 9-10ppg winning differential without CONSISTENT dominance.

When they are healthy, they have been excellent. A few games on the road without their best player doesn't make them inconsistent.

If that isnt a case of blatant persistent homerism disease then I dont know what it.

whottt
04-02-2005, 01:01 AM
hey Whot where the fuck is your boy Barry?
answer: sucking ass just like the rest of the season.

I said it before. I will give Barry props when he puts together a string of 5 good games. To quote the great Ted Knight....Well we're waiting.

oh yea he needs 40+ mins to get warmed up

I don't give a fuck if you give Barry props or not...you have shitty grasp on the game...I realized that after you talked about how much you value heart in players...yet you are glad Malik got traded...

The fact that you single Barry out tonight is no different than any other nigth...if he plays good you won't give credit..if he sucks you rip him.

What is to value about your opinion?

Nikos
04-02-2005, 01:04 AM
If that isnt a case of blatant persistent homerism disease then I dont know what it.

Homerism? Do you even read my posts? I don't see you around very often, and I certainly don't remember any good, well thought, or debate sparking post of yours.

And these previous post of yours are further evidence that your posts don't offer anything.

Homer? 9-10ppg differential is a fact. Parker and Manu shooting 47%+ is inconsistent? Having the best record in the league when fully healthy is inconsistent? We will see how consistent teams are when they are missing their best player ON BOTH ends for 7-8 games.

Teams lose games. Players play bad when teams lose games. It doesn't mean they are inconsistent cause they do not reach a certain point total in the losses.

The entire team sucked today, especially on the inside. Nuggets were scoring off garbage loose balls around the basket. Opportunistic buckets, energy.

The Spurs did not have energy.

A few poor games without Duncan doesn't make Parker and Manu inconsistent.

SequSpur
04-02-2005, 01:06 AM
What is to value about your opinion?

What is to value about yours?

or mine?

or his?

or hers?

or its?

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and they are free, so is there value?

texbumTHElife
04-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Tony Parker point totals in February:

3/2 15
3/4 25
3/6 14
3/8 10
3/9 30
3/12 25
3/16 11
3/18 24
3/20 12
3/21 14
3/23 12
3/25 22
3/27 11
3/30 28

Yeah that is the model of consistency right there man. All I am saying is that on a night like tonight when we really need one of our super stars to carry us they arent there. You can never really count on Parker or Ginobili you just kind of hope and figure they will get theirs. Tony Parker is my favorite player so dont think i am just bashing him but the kid could use A LOT more consistency as could the rest of this team outside of Duncan.

texbumTHElife
04-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Teams lose games. Players play bad when teams lose games. It doesn't mean they are inconsistent cause they do not reach a certain point total in the losses.

The entire team sucked today, especially on the inside. Nuggets were scoring off garbage loose balls around the basket. Opportunistic buckets, energy.

The Spurs did not have energy.

A few poor games without Duncan doesn't make Parker and Manu inconsistent.

I agree with all of that and have said the same in the game blog thread. The entire team didnt show up tonight. I agree. There is no energy, 100% correct. Teams do lose games, its a fact of life and sports and I have no issues admitting that.

A few poor games without Duncan is not the issue. A season of inconsistency is the issue. Averages and percentages have NOTHING to do with consistency. SHooting 20% one night an 70% the night is gonna give you a damn fine %. That is NOT consistency though.

As for your attack on my posting skills and number of posts, that just made me laugh. My level of knowledge and comprehensions is CERTAINLY not measured by the frequency or substance of my posts on a message board.

p.s. the "persistent homerism disease" comment was a joke. Unless this was discovered recently I dont think that exists. Lighten up a little man.

Nikos
04-02-2005, 01:11 AM
You could post similiar numbers for almost ANY player in this league. Go bring up box scores for many 2nd/3rd options on defensive oriented/slow paced teams. Tony is not the only one to have box scores like that. Keep in mind Ginobili and Parker share the second option role. You can't expect 18-25 EVERY night. Some nights you aren't going to hit shots.

How are you going to tell me Ginbobili is inconsistent? This is his first POOR stretch of basketball of the season, and the first 2-3 of those poor games he was playing through a groin strain. How is that inconsistent? Is his energy and overall game INCONSISTENT? Honestly, do you really think it is?

Your just finding something to be negative about.

exstatic
04-02-2005, 01:14 AM

I did. There was a picture of Vince Carter. He was also listed under the word loser.

Nikos
04-02-2005, 01:14 AM
I agree with all of that and have said the same in the game blog thread. The entire team didnt show up tonight. I agree. There is no energy, 100% correct. Teams do lose games, its a fact of life and sports and I have no issues admitting that.

A few poor games without Duncan is not the issue. A season of inconsistency is the issue. Averages and percentages have NOTHING to do with consistency. SHooting 20% one night an 70% the night is gonna give you a damn fine %. That is NOT consistency though.

As for your attack on my posting skills and number of posts, that just made me laugh. My level of knowledge and comprehensions is CERTAINLY not measured by the frequency or substance of my posts on a message board.

p.s. the "persistent homerism disease" comment was a joke. Unless this was discovered recently I dont think that exists. Lighten up a little man.

You do not seem to understand that even the teams you might find CONSISTENT, also shoot poorly on the nights they lose. Didn't Miami lose to the Bobcats recently? To the Pacers? They even didn't shoot horribly and they lost to inferior teams. Against Houston they shot poorly. Do you think every other team except the Spurs shoot 45% when they lose? Does it even make a difference what % they shot when they LOSE a game? Especially when they have ZERO energy?

It's not exactly rocket science. When teams lose, they usually shoot poorly, or get outplayed. The Spurs are no different. They may not live up to your expectations, but EVERY team in NBA history when they lose usally shoots poorly in comparison to the competetion, and usually loses as a result of playing bad basketball and worse than the team NORM.

texbumTHElife
04-02-2005, 01:16 AM
You could post similiar numbers for almost ANY player in this league. Go bring up box scores for many 2nd/3rd options on defensive oriented/slow paced teams. Tony is not the only one to have box scores like that. Keep in mind Ginobili and Parker share the second option role. You can't expect 18-25 EVERY night. Some nights you aren't going to hit shots.

How are you going to tell me Ginbobili is inconsistent? This is his first POOR stretch of basketball of the season, and the first 2-3 of those poor games he was playing through a groin strain. How is that inconsistent? Is his energy and overall game INCONSISTENT? Honestly, do you really think it is?

Your just finding something to be negative about.

You are right I stand corrected on Ginobilli. He has been down right out of his mind for most of the season and I retract my statement about him.

The fact that there are a lot of inconsistent 2nd or 3rd options in the NBA does not change the fact that Parker is inconsistent. You totally avoided the point of this discussion with that statement.

I am hardly just trying to find something to be negative about. If that was the goal of my post than after watching this game I would have MUCH more ammo . I would hardly rely on a statement that is obviously based on production over the entire season. You however have done nothing to disprove my argument and instead you have argued around it.

GoSpurs21
04-02-2005, 01:17 AM
I don't give a fuck if you give Barry props or not...you have shitty grasp on the game...I realized that after you talked about how much you value heart in players...yet you are glad Malik got traded...

The fact that you single Barry out tonight is no different than any other nigth...if he plays good you won't give credit..if he sucks you rip him.

What is to value about your opinion?and you are the John Wooden of knowledge....please

as Sequ said everyone has opinions

I'm just asking if Barry is so fucking good how come he didnt show up tonight

as for Rose, he's gone let it go

if you wanna play the IF game....IF Tim Duncan taped his ankles so that he wouldn't re-injure them, then the Spurs would have a better record

whottt
What is to value about yours?

or mine?

or his?

or hers?

or its?

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and they are free, so is there value?

Yeah there's value but not when someone is full of shit.

IOW...you saying someone sucks has no value because you say everyone sucks after bad games, have you ever not?

Ditto him singling Barry out...he's heavily biased and it's no different then what he ever does after a loss...he always blames Barry.

Entite team shoots 30% and I don't think Barry brought the ball up the court 1 time or even handled with it with more than 5 seconds left on the clock but once...and was the forgotten man on offense...what he's sposed to do when all he is doing is standing around waiting for someone to not forget about him? Shoot 10005?

Manu shot 1-8...had 1 point in the first half...
Horry was 2-7
The whole team shot like that...

And the lethargy was obvious.

Yet Barry's 1-6 is why we lost?

I call bullshit.

On top of that I just don't know what to say to someone who says the attribute they value most in players is heart...yet he is glad we traded Malik for Nazr Mohammed...I can't reason with that mindset, it's way out there....it's like swimmiing in quicksand...

RobinsontoDuncan
Tony Parker point totals in February:

3/2 15
3/4 25
3/6 14
3/8 10
3/9 30
3/12 25
3/16 11
3/18 24
3/20 12
3/21 14
3/23 12
3/25 22
3/27 11
3/30 28

Yeah that is the model of consistency right there man. All I am saying is that on a night like tonight when we really need one of our super stars to carry us they arent there. You can never really count on Parker or Ginobili you just kind of hope and figure they will get theirs. Tony Parker is my favorite player so dont think i am just bashing him but the kid could use A LOT more consistency as could the rest of this team outside of Duncan.

Aren't you forgetting something? Did you miss all those games that Tim and Manu were out? You don't think that will have any effect on Tony's stats?

As for Manumania, whos attacks on my posts of late have become sequ-esque (you really need to learn to tone it down when someone calls out your boy) I posted this thread with 5 minutes left in the first quarter when Manu was really playing poorly. In the third he did get to the rack, and my post during the thrid quarter said he was doing a good job rebounding from the poor start, where did that create the need for you to get so angry? Besides you and some of the new posters, no one else really gets so pissy here, take a chill pill man.

The whole team has sucked ass tonight, I still think Parker played better, if only because he had a little more consistancy and continued to attack the basket throghout the game. Horry played a horrible game, and save for the third period, i wasn't impressed with Manu's preformance, I think he is still hurting from whatever he had when he went out, because he really looked like he was stuggling to keep up with the pace of the game.

It would be nice if he Brown, and Duncan could be healthy for the playoffs.

Nikos
04-02-2005, 01:18 AM
You said BOTH of them were inconsistent. As a tandem, they have been ULTRA consistent.

Personally I consider Manu more consistent this season overall. Parker I do find inconsistent with his game at times. But as a PAIR, one of them USUALLY steps up. Very rarely have they both played POOR games at the same time when this team is healthy.

texbumTHElife
04-02-2005, 01:21 AM
You do not seem to understand that even the teams you might find CONSISTENT, also shoot poorly on the nights they lose. Didn't Miami lose to the Bobcats recently? To the Pacers? They even didn't shoot horribly and they lost to inferior teams. Against Houston they shot poorly. Do you think every other team except the Spurs shoot 45% when they lose? Does it even make a difference what % they shot when they LOSE a game? Especially when they have ZERO energy?

It's not exactly rocket science. When teams lose, they usually shoot poorly, or get outplayed. The Spurs are no different. They may not live up to your expectations, but EVERY team in history when they lose shoots poorly, and usually loses as a result of playing poorly and worse than usual.

You are totally misunderstanding where I am coming from here. My comment on Parker's consistency has little to do with this game and a lot to do with the entire season. Hell, he wasnt even bad tonight. In fact, he was easily the best player we had on the floor IMO. Over the course of the season as a whole though he has been horribly inconsistent and especially in the crunch. With games on the line for the large majority of the season he has been all but invisible. He regularly allows the other team's PG to outplay him in the 4th quarter. I am not saying this doesnt happen to other teams/players some time or even often. However I am NOT talking about other teams. I am talking about this team. This is IS and SHOULD be held to a higher standard IMO.

We are inconsistent as hell in wins too. That is why we blow so many leads. You are turning this around and trying to make me look like a villain for no reason other than you own deviant satisfaction. This is my last post until you actually decide to adress the points I am making instead of confronting them with generalizations and other wise water based arguments.

GoSpurs21
04-02-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah there's value but not when someone is full of shit.

IOW...you saying someone sucks has no value because you say everyone sucks after bad games, have you ever not?

Ditto him singling Barry out...he's heavily biased and it's no different then what he ever does after a loss...he always blames Barry.

Entite team shoots 30% and I don't Barry brought the ball up the court 1 time or even handled with it with more than 5 seconds left on the clock but once...what he's sposed to do?

Manu shot 1-8...had 1 point in the first half...
Horry was 2-7
The whole team shot like that...

Yet Barry's 1-6 is why we lost?

I call bullshit.

On top of that I just don't know what to say to someone who says the attribute they value most in players is heart...yet he is glad we traded Malik for Nazr Mohammed...I can't reason with that mindset, it's way out there....it's like swimmiing in quicksand...show me where I blamed Barry for the loss. I am simply asking where was his game? I never blamed him for the loss, that is simply your guilty conscience.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-02-2005, 01:22 AM
and you are the John Wooden of knowledge....please

as Sequ said everyone has opinions

I'm just asking if Barry is so fucking good how come he didnt show up tonight

as for Rose, he's gone let it go

if you wanna play the IF game....IF Tim Duncan taped his ankles so that he wouldn't re-injure them, then the Spurs would have a better record

Man shut the fuck up no one likes you our you shitty attitude, really get a life, so Barry had an off-night, why are you gonna call out Whottt? If anything this prooves his point that if Barry plays well the spurs win, when he's off, the spurs are off

texbumTHElife
04-02-2005, 01:24 AM
You said BOTH of them were inconsistent. As a tandem, they have been ULTRA consistent.

Personally I consider Manu more consistent this season overall. Parker I do find inconsistent with his game at times. But as a PAIR, one of them USUALLY steps up. Very rarely have they both played POOR games at the same time when this team is healthy.

You are correct I did say that and then retracted it. So argue the point now at hand or agree. Actually, you just did agree. NM

Manu is the man of men and plays on a level higher than most in the NBA. When he isnt destroying people in the lane and making entire teams look silly some times I find myself dissapointed. Thus is the fate of a player with such a skill level and skill set. I make no attempt to mask the fact I have a high standard for this team. Interpret that however you may but it is what it is.

Nikos
04-02-2005, 01:25 AM
I take no satisfaction in insulting another poster or attacking them (which I am not trying to do). But when someone calls me a homer (which I am far from), then I must defend myself. I am probably one of the more pessamistic posters on this forum. But even I will admit that Parker and Ginobili as a tandem have been great this season.

As for Parker, I disagree. Tonight I thought the entire team was poor, and Parker was no more impressive to me then Manu. We were playing best when Manu was getting to the line, sadly his shot was not falling tonight. But to me it was all the same. Outhustled downlow, kept fouling and allowing easy buckets underneath. Even when Manu and Parker did create, NOBODY could hit an open shot unless the team happened to be trailing by 14+.

I would like to address your points, and I would be happy to have a healthy debate. But when you say Parker AND Manu have been inconsistent, I would like to say I disagree WITHOUT being called a homer.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-02-2005, 01:25 AM
As for Manumania, whos attacks on my posts of late have become sequ-esque (you really need to learn to tone it down when someone calls out your boy) I posted this thread with 5 minutes left in the first quarter when Manu was really playing poorly. In the third he did get to the rack, and my post during the thrid quarter said he was doing a good job rebounding from the poor start, where did that create the need for you to get so angry? Besides you and some of the new posters, no one else really gets so pissy here, take a chill pill man.
My attacks on you posts??? this is one of the only threads of late that I have even responded to one of your posts. I stand by what I said, I probably could have found a way to say it less crudely, but I still think you are always looking for a way to compare TP and Manu, and it pisses me off! Like I said, they are both carrying the team, Tp has his good days Manu has his. No need to single out one game and make stupid comments like the one you posted. I take offense to that Sequ comparison, my posts may have passion in them, but the certainly also have thought, unlike what you have said so far in this thread.

Ginofan
04-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Man shut the fuck up no one likes you our you shitty attitude, really get a life, so Barry had an off-night, why are you gonna call out Whottt? If anything this prooves his point that if Barry plays well the spurs win, when he's off, the spurs are off

No didn't have an off night, he just had a couple of good games before, this is how he is normally. But he didn't lose the game for us, so whatever.

The only positives out of this one are, G. Love played good, Manu only played 25 minutes, we kept up on the rebounds.

Kori Ellis
04-02-2005, 01:27 AM
we kept up on the rebounds.

True. I think that one possession where the Spurs got like six O boards and still didn't score helped the totals, though. :)

RobinsontoDuncan
04-02-2005, 01:28 AM
Ginofan, You can't be serious, Brent Barry has been one of the most consistant NBA players over the last 10 years, and he hasn't been horrible this year, even without him lighting it up from downtown he has been an asset running the break and scoring inside.

Ginofan
04-02-2005, 01:28 AM
True. I think that one possession where the Spurs got like six O boards and still didn't score helped the totals, though. :)

lol yeah there were a couple of sequences like that, but just trying to look on the positve side of the box hehe.

texbumTHElife
04-02-2005, 01:30 AM
I take no satisfaction in insulting another poster or attacking them (which I am not trying to do). But when someone calls me a homer (which I am far from), then I must defend myself. I am probably one of the more pessamistic posters on this forum. But even I will admit that Parker and Ginobili as a tandem have been great this season.

As for Parker, I disagree. Tonight I thought the entire team was poor, and Parker was no more impressive to me then Manu. We were playing best when Manu was getting to the line, sadly his shot was not falling tonight. But to me it was all the same. Outhustled downlow, kept fouling and allowing easy buckets underneath. Even when Manu and Parker did create, NOBODY could hit an open shot unless the team happened to be trailing by 14+.

I would like to address your points, and I would be happy to have a healthy debate. But when you say Parker AND Manu have been inconsistent, I would like to say I disagree WITHOUT being called a homer.

Point taken. Obviously you missed the humor that was meant behind the "homerism disease" comment. I thought the humor in it was obvious enough but I am very dry at times. Let get beyond that now as this convo has evolved.

We are talking about Parker now. Just Parker. We are no longer talking about the tandem of guards. As far as Parker goes do you dissagree that he is grossly inconsistent at times? It really doesnt matter to me how consistent Gino is because for us to win in the playoffs IMO they BOTH need to be playing at a very high level and we need a healthy Duncan. I think if one or all of those parts are missing for any extended period of time we could be in trouble. COULD be in trouble, dont blow that out of proportion i am just being realistic.

In referance to the Parker + Ginobilli = consistency formula I have an old saying for you. "One person cant love enough for both."

Ginofan
MM You can't be serious, Brent Barry has been one of the most consistant NBA players over the last 10 years, and he hasn't been horrible this year, even without him lighting it up from downtown he has been an asset running the break and scoring inside.

Dead serious. We aren't talking about the last 10 years, we are talking about this one, you know the one (and maybe the only) where he's playing for the Spurs. We can go out and get anyone who can pass and dribble. Bringing him in for his outside shooting and him not hitting it consistantly = him sucking.

GoSpurs21
Man shut the fuck up no one likes you our you shitty attitude, really get a life, so Barry had an off-night, why are you gonna call out Whottt? If anything this prooves his point that if Barry plays well the spurs win, when he's off, the spurs are offwhatever...so Barry had an off night...that's his norm in case you have noticed.

while you may accept his subpar play, being a season ticket holder I cannot. And since this is still America I am free to bitch about it

a big thank you to Kori and TiMVP for giving us fans a forum to get our anxiaties and fustrations out

texbumTHElife
04-02-2005, 01:31 AM

Was that on that one possesion where Najera accidently slipped on a Spurs jersey?
:lol

RobinsontoDuncan
04-02-2005, 01:31 AM
great, then stop buying tickets, the spurs would be better off I'm sure

and bitch no one cares, but can you do it somewhere else, because really, Mud-slinging has no real value, it just makes this form, and my thread, look second rate.

Manu20
04-02-2005, 01:32 AM
Another positive is that Nazr had 10 points!(to bad most of them came during garbage time but it's a start)

texbumTHElife
04-02-2005, 01:32 AM
Another positive is that Nazr had 10 points!(to bad most of them came during garbage time but it's a start)

Honestly this whole game was garbage time. LOL

MaNuMaNiAc
04-02-2005, 01:34 AM
Man shut the fuck up no one likes you our you shitty attitude, really get a life, so Barry had an off-night, why are you gonna call out Whottt? If anything this prooves his point that if Barry plays well the spurs win, when he's off, the spurs are offand then

As for Manumania, whos attacks on my posts of late have become sequ-esque (you really need to learn to tone it down when someone calls out your boy) I posted this thread with 5 minutes left in the first quarter when Manu was really playing poorly. In the third he did get to the rack, and my post during the thrid quarter said he was doing a good job rebounding from the poor start, where did that create the need for you to get so angry? Besides you and some of the new posters, no one else really gets so pissy here, take a chill pill man.I'm sorry, who was the one who needs to take a chill pill?? A hypocrite is not a good thing to be RtD, I suggest you work on that.

GoSpurs21
04-02-2005, 01:35 AM
great, then stop buying tickets, the spurs would be better off I'm sure

and bitch no one cares, but can you do it somewhere else, because really, Mud-slinging has no real value, it just makes this form, and my thread, look second rate.I have been buying season tickets for the last 12 years a couple of bad seasons dont bother me. I'm just glad you are not part of the Spurs great organization.

what does is players just going through the motions. if you cant see this then nothing I say can change your mind.

whottt
04-02-2005, 01:36 AM
show me where I blamed Barry for the loss. I am simply asking where was his game? I never blamed him for the loss, that is simply your guilty conscience.

LMAO what is my conscience guilty about?

It did seem like you were singling Barry out which is what it always seems like you do...so I don't know what else to say...

Barry sucked...the entire team sucked...I gave my reasons why I thought they sucked...I didn't like the loss but I can't say it surprised me...nor can I say I am totally upset about it...

It was obvious to me that the altitude got the team tonight...When Parker and Manu are sweating like Shaquille O'Neal...when you can noticably see Parker slowing down and getting fatigued after running 20 feet...

....there's not many other conclusions to be drawn...The altitude in Denver is a very real factor...and a late game wasn't going help their normal energy level to begin with.

I am very happy we will have HCA if we play Denver.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-02-2005, 01:38 AM
RtD, your first post is moronic. If we win this game, it will be because of Manu.

really, why, because he ended up having a bad game save for the third quarter? Realize again this thread came right after his second turnover in the first quarter.

Manu got the team within 4, he comes out, and Nuggets role. I'm sory, but seems Manu is carrying this one. Plus 11/8/5 and only 2 turnovers?? seriously RtD WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?

that manu was having a bad game and parker was playing more like a second option, what were you thinking?

GoSpurs21
04-02-2005, 01:39 AM
LMAO what is my conscience guilty about?

It did seem like you were singling Barry out which is what it always seems like you do...so I don't know what else to say...

Barry sucked...the entire team sucked...I gave my reasons why I thought they sucked...I didn't like the loss but I can't say it surprised me...nor can I say I am totally upset about it...

It was obvious to me that the altitude got the team tonight...When Parker and Manu are sweating like Shaquille O'Neal...when you can noticably see Parker slowing down and getting fatigued after running 20 feet...

....there's not many other conclusions to be drawn...The altitude in Denver is a very real factor...and a late game wasn't going help their normal energy level to begin with.

I am very happy we will have HCA should we play Denver.well you were quick to say I was blaiming Barry for the loss when all I was doing was asking you where Barry's game was. I only did this since you seem to be acting like Barry could do no wrong and everyone who critized Barry was an idiot.

I'm simply saying that if Barry is such a clutch performer, like you and others proclaim him to be, then where the fuck was his consistant clutch performance tonight? If you want to live in fantasy land fine, but please have some maturity dont call the rest of us idiots just because we expect more from Barry.

Nikos
04-02-2005, 01:43 AM
Sure, I do find Parker to be inconsistent at times. A lot of his confidence comes from scoring first and from their dissecting defenses with layups and dishes. But I do not think he has good games when his shot is off. He simply doesn't get to the line or convert when he does consistently enough. And he ends up taking 15-16 shots with only 10-11 points to show for it because of that FT+3PT factor.

If Parker can capitlize on the FT and 3pt line more, his game will DOUBLE in effectiveness. But even despite his offensive inconsistencies, I think he has been more consistent than previous seasons. He has been pretty solid this season. I wouldn't say he has been GROSSLY inconsistent. Maybe more inconsistent then we as picky Spurs fans would like, but its a bit far fetched IMO, to say he has been WILDLY inconsistent.

To me he is an extreme confidence type of player, especially with his scoring. If he is scoring and shooting well his ability to drive and dish is second to none in this league. But if the shooting is OFF, his entire game usually suffers or at least has in the past.

Ultimately in the playoffs I just want him to make a difference in the games where his shot is off. Not be someone that Pop will put on the bench. That is NOT acceptable. He has to find ways to contribute NO matter what. Thats what winners do.

Has Parker been erratic at times this season? Sure. But he has improved on defense, and he has improved a bit on his overall consistency in comparison to previous seasons. Maybe he is not as far on his growth curve as we like, but he is still a very good PG in this league.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-02-2005, 01:43 AM
that manu was having a bad game and parker was playing more like a second option, what were you thinking?
I don't consider 13/8/5 a bad game. By the way, ManuTakeaChillPillania huh? LoL, how long did it take you to think that one out? Read my previous post hypocrite, you might learn something about yourself.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-02-2005, 01:44 AM
and then

I'm sorry, who was the one who needs to take a chill pill?? A hypocrite is not a good thing to be RtD, I suggest you work on that.

I don't know, telling him to stop acting like an asshole and telling you to take a chill pill seems fairly consistant, I only get angry when people start acting like thrid graders, this forum really never used to be like that unless it was a Sequ thread, but hey, they're easy to avoid.

so here's the way i see it, Gospurs whatever the hell the rest of it is, is being an idiot starting a stupid argument that really isn't necessary, and you being an idiot and responding like a first grader who's daddy just got called out for being fat i tell both of you that your idiots and that makes me a hypocrite?

Ginofan
04-02-2005, 01:45 AM
Yey let's fight with each other because we lost! Let's have all the Parker Homers call out Manu and all the Manu homers call out Parker and EVERYONE call out Barry, this is great.

Nikos
04-02-2005, 01:46 AM
Yey let's fight with each other because we lost! Let's have all the Parker Homers call out Manu and all the Manu homers call out Parker and EVERYONE call out Barry, this is great.

orhe
04-02-2005, 01:48 AM
holy shits...
im wondering why R2D and ManuManina are going at it?
i better scan the thread again

anyway we are all acting silly

Kori Ellis
04-02-2005, 01:49 AM
All of you, please :stfu.

This is the most senseless arguing I've read in a while (and I'm talking to you too R2D). Please, back away from the keyboard or do something to re-focus your thoughts. Both Manu and Tony have done a great job doing what they need to do while Duncan and Devin are out. It was a bad game tonight -- a bad TEAM game. Everyone sucked in one way or another. Manu is obviously pretty worn out -- he already looked spent in the first 3 minutes of the game. The Nuggets outplayed the Spurs and the Spurs compounded things by bumbling, fumbling and missing shots. The TEAM lost this game. Not Manu, not Tony, not Brent and not Pop.

Nikos
04-02-2005, 01:51 AM

Perfect timing in breaking that out Kori :lol

GoSpurs21
I don't know, telling him to stop acting like an asshole and telling you to take a chill pill seems fairly consistant, I only get angry when people start acting like thrid graders, this forum really never used to be like that unless it was a Sequ thread, but hey, they're easy to avoid.

so here's the way i see it, Gospurs whatever the hell the rest of it is, is being an idiot starting a stupid argument that really isn't necessary, and you being an idiot and responding like a first grader who's daddy just got called out for being fat i tell both of you that your idiots and that makes me a hypocrite?you obviously never argued with Ghost Writer back in the day. I'm sorry if you are taking anything personal, but for those of us who have routed for the Spurs to be champions or nothing, we expect more from role players like Barry. If you cant stand the heat and feel the need to call us 1st graders we understand your immaturity

Kori any word on why Barry seemed to resort back to his tenative self? I know he tried hard a couple times to take it to the rack but then he just seemed to call it quits.

gregpschneid
don't even respond to sequspur,he has no credibility, doesn't know anything about basketball and has nothing better to do on a friday night than try and make other people mad. He is simply a loser! You guys shouldn't even respond to posts like this, don't let him wind you up

MaNuMaNiAc
04-02-2005, 01:52 AM

so here's the way i see it, Gospurs whatever the hell the rest of it is, is being an idiot starting a stupid argument that really isn't necessary, and you being an idiot and responding like a first grader who's daddy just got called out for being fat i tell both of you that your idiots and that makes me a hypocrite?yes, very good!! Now we're making some progress! the first step to healing is realizing you are ill, good job!! SO now that you know what a hypocrite is and that YOU are one, the next step would be to try and correct yourself. No need to get all riled up and call everyone an idiot, here I'll help you, repeat after me "I RtD am a hypocrite but I promise I will change my sinful ways and follow the righteous path of the thoughtful poster by thinking before I write". GOOD JOB!!! And because you did such a good job, here's some candy! Now go to bed, and STFU!

MaNuMaNiAc
04-02-2005, 01:54 AM

This is the most senseless arguing I've read in a while (and I'm talking to you too R2D). Please, back away from the keyboard or do something to re-focus your thoughts. Both Manu and Tony have done a great job doing what they need to do while Duncan and Devin are out. It was a bad game tonight -- a bad TEAM game. Everyone sucked in one way or another. Manu is obviously pretty worn out -- he already looked spent in the first 3 minutes of the game. The Nuggets outplayed the Spurs and the Spurs compounded things by bumbling, fumbling and missing shots. The TEAM lost this game. Not Manu, not Tony, not Brent and not Pop.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :owned :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'll shut up now Kori...:rolleyes LOL

RobinsontoDuncan
04-02-2005, 01:55 AM
Im gonna take Kori's advice and leave you guys alone, call me what you will, i really dont care anyways

i think i need a vaction from this board, I just don't enjoy it like I used to

gregpschneid
04-02-2005, 01:55 AM
I still think that trading malik was a huge mistake, minus duncan we don't have any low post threat(horry and marks=spot up shooters, rasho= soft, Tmass= energy but no consistency and too small, Nazr=crappy shot and weak low post game). From what I've seen Nazr's only strength is getting offensive rebounds.

gregpschneid
04-02-2005, 01:57 AM
Our frontcourt is what lost this game, not the backcourt!! Without Manu we lose by 40

whottt
04-02-2005, 01:57 AM

Bingo...Nazr is a stat padder...he kicked it into overdrive in the final minute when the game was over...I bet he did that a lot for the Knicks...hence his stats. That's what a few of the Knicks fans said he did. Scores well once no one cares.

R2D, thanks man :)

Kori Ellis
04-02-2005, 01:58 AM
Bingo...Nazr is a stat padder...

:lmao

I thought about that too. I thought he played a horrible game tonight and then I looked at the box -- what the hell, if you didn't watch the game, you'd think he had a decent night.

timvp
04-02-2005, 01:58 AM
I'll give it to Nazr that he finally looked like the Baby Hakeem that Aggie Hoopsfan touted there in the fourth when the team was down by 20+.

Must have reminded him of his Knick days.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-02-2005, 01:59 AM
Seriously now, what a crappy game! On everyone's part I mean. Although you have to give some credit to Parker and Manu for keeping the score more or less decent. I hope tomorrow we do better.

GoSpurs21
04-02-2005, 02:04 AM
do you really believe we would have won if Malik was in the game tonight?

I dont think Malik has stopped Camby in the past and I dont think he would have stopped Camby tonight. I am high or would Malik have stopped Camby tonight? Camby set the tone and the rest of the Nuggets followed his lead.

Camby seemed to have his way with both Rasho and Horry early an only a healthy Duncan would have stopped him.

timvp
04-02-2005, 02:06 AM
Malik wouldn't have made a difference against Camby but he could have done well against Najera. Malik and Najera go way back.

But oh well. We got another Knick on this team that is failing to meet expectations.

What's new?

Kori Ellis
04-02-2005, 02:06 AM
No one would have made a difference tonight except Tim Duncan. The Spurs don't have a solid presence in the middle and can be easily exploited without Duncan unless one of the other bigs has a really, really stellar game (like Rasho did on Yao).

GoSpurs21
04-02-2005, 02:12 AM
Malik wouldn't have made a difference against Camby but he could have done well against Najera. Malik and Najera go way back.

But oh well. We got another Knick on this team that is failing to meet expectations.

What's new?but Najera wasnt really a problem tonight. Our parameter shooting is what hurt us tonight 5-23 what is that?

i agree that Narz is not living up to expectations, but at least he's not Charles Smith

Horry also looked his age tonight

I can live with this loss...I just wish the team would have shown more energy from the start of the game

it just seemed like when the Spurs got the lead down to 4 and Manu went out so did all the momentum.

MannyIsGod
04-02-2005, 02:17 AM
A few jumpers tonight would have been nice.

Fuck what the stats say, Marks outplayed Nazr again. But that's not saying much, because Marks brought energy but also had a few bad fouls and couldn't hit a shot to save his life.

I'm so sick of Nazr. He's horrible in there when it counts. I wouldn't be one bit suprised to see him left off the playoff roster at this point.

T Park
04-02-2005, 02:29 AM
Marks was Malikesque tonight with getting the ball stuffed back in his face repeatedly.

All in all, i just got done watching the first half, no second half need apply thanks TIVO.

It looked to me it was, One of those nights.

That simple.

it was a night where everyone was bad, and everyone wasnt there.

Doesn't bother me a bit to be honest.

IceColdBrewski
04-02-2005, 08:35 AM

This just proves my theory that Parker homers are the worst kind of Spurs fan there is. So quick to make excuses when Parker has one of his many mental breakdowns. But God forbid Manu should have an occasional off night because that just "proves" Parker is the "second option".

I swear. Some of y'all don't know shit about basketball. This Spurs team feeds off Manu and his energy more than any other player. It's simply mind-boggling to me that the Parker homers fail to see it.

ALVAREZ6
04-02-2005, 08:48 AM
RTD, wtf are you talking about? Your 1st post is just simply retarded.

LMFAO!!!

think this prroves that parker is the teams number 2 option,
1 bad game and Parker is now the number 2 option? Parker didn't have a blow out game either dude.

And BTW, why the fuck are you worrying about the #2 option? The Spurs don't have a #2 option. And you spend your time watching to see who will be declared the #2 option? That's pathetic. Get a life, learn about basketball, and then watch a Spurs game.

waly.mg
04-02-2005, 09:45 AM
I think then TP is the Second Option of the Team
When TD is in the Field and when not
TP canīt be the First option because if he is, the defense can stop him
When heīs the second option not

Tp is probably better than Manu but Manu is more leader and Intelligent
When the defense come to him, he made his teammates better, he found they
When the defense have Tony as they target, TP canīt play as his level

IceColdBrewski
04-02-2005, 09:53 AM
I think then TP is the Second Option of the Team
When TD is in the Field and when not
TP canīt be the First option because if he is, the defense can stop him
When heīs the second option not

Tp is probably better than Manu but Manu is more leader and Intelligent
When the defense come to him, he made his teammates better, he found they
When the defense have Tony as they target, TP canīt play as his level

What the hell ducks? You never told us you had a brother.

smeagol
04-02-2005, 10:41 AM
What the hell ducks? You never told us you had a brother.
Ice, Waly knows a lot about basketball. Language is a barrier for him, that's the problem. If you know Spanish, go and read his posts at MG.com and you will see what I'm talking about.

No need to make fun of the guy.

SequSpur
04-02-2005, 01:27 PM
We need a better GM.

This team should have:

Tony Parker, Tracy McGrady, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant on it.

I guess for now we are stuck with Manu, Bowen, and Rasho in the starting line up.

SequSpur
04-02-2005, 01:29 PM
don't even respond to sequspur,he has no credibility, doesn't know anything about basketball and has nothing better to do on a friday night than try and make other people mad. He is simply a loser! You guys shouldn't even respond to posts like this, don't let him wind you up

:smokin

Im Here Huckleberry
04-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Ginobili wasn't the only one that sucked, the fucking team sucked.
Lazy passes, shitty ballhandling,poor decision making. This shit should be progressing not regressing by this time of the season. They need to pull their head out of their ass and get it together with or without Duncan.
At the begining of the season they were winning by an average of 10 points a game and let's be honest they didn't look as good as the media was making them out to be, so I actually anticipated them to be FUCKING ROCKING by this time of the season. After the way they played last night I have no I-fucking-dea how they beat the lowly Hawks. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan through and through but it's just frustrating and PAINFULL watching them clang shot after shot then being blocked and blocked again.
SOMEONE GET THE BALL IN THE DAMN HOLE. :depressed
http://www.prosoundweb.com/fun/Photofun/76-head_up_ass.jpg

smeagol
04-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Manu shot horribly (1-8). But 9 boards, 4 of them offensive, and 6 assists ain't that bad. He was the reason we were lagging by just four at one time during the 3rd Q (then Pop yanked him). Otherwise, we trailed by more than 10 since the middle of the 1st Q.

With respect to who is the 2nd option, who the fuck cares. What is clear to me is that Manu should share the first option with TD in the 4th Q depending on who is hot.

1Parker1
04-02-2005, 07:20 PM
No one would have made a difference tonight except Tim Duncan. The Spurs don't have a solid presence in the middle and can be easily exploited without Duncan unless one of the other bigs has a really, really stellar game (like Rasho did on Yao).

Really? You don't think that maybe Devin Brown could have helped us out a little better than Barry did tonight? Devin is a strong player, he might have given us some more offense and a little more energy--I mean don't get me wrong, we prolly would have still lost the game--but just not blown out the way it was :)

TMTTRIO
04-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Other than a few games that he played pretty well, Manu really hasn't played great since he got back from the groin injury. That's a little bit of a concern to me.

GoSpurs21
04-02-2005, 10:53 PM
my apologies to Whottt, your boy played big time in a game the Spurs needed to win

hats off to Brent Barry, hopefully he will play like this for the rest of the games this season

MaNuMaNiAc
04-02-2005, 10:56 PM
BARRY IS THE MAN!! Everyone owes Whottt an apology! I never really said anything about Barry, but truth be told I was thinking it. My apologies Whottt, your boy brought his A game when we needed him!

mookie2001
04-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Gino needs to stop yaking on his time warner dijjjatal phone and score some points