PDA

View Full Version : Tired of the "IF's" and injury BS

holcs50
06-24-2009, 07:26 AM
Alright I posted this in another thread also but c'mon guys can we cool it with the just negativity and BS that we automatically think our guys will have an injury next year.

I guess I'm just fuckin tired of everyone saying "IF healthy" and "IF the 3 can stay healthy all season".....just stop. Every team is susceptible to injuries. Spurs had a bad year in regards to manu and TD...that does not mean they can't come back and play great again. 33 and 31 is not all that decrepit, injuries can happen to anyone on any team and its not like manu or TD had ACL reconstruction (not fun btw), or a major surgery. Manu had a lingering issue that turned into something else but with ample time there's no reason to think he can't come back....TD just put a lot more stress onto his legs, (and yes Im well aware its an issue and it doesn't go away-please-reading spurstalk has well informed me of that everyday-and I'm sure TD and med staff can figure it out) play him 30mpg plus a long summer of rest and he will be ok-and duh get another QUALITY big who can actually help him defend. I guess point is stop saying spurs will compete "IF" the 3 guys stay healthy"....you could say that about the lakers, the rockets, the nuggets...here ya go the lakers will compete for a ring next year "IF" kobe,pau,ariza, and odom stay healthy. same thing. Next year everyone goes in fresh, spurs have as good a chance to stay healthy as any other team. Injuries are just bad luck sometimes, we had ours, move on, stop bringing it up every thread. Just because td and manu had a tough year does not mean they cannot come back healthy-if another injury happens you know shit happens-athletes get injured-but any other team is just as susceptible to have it happen as the spurs. Can we just talk some roster and hoops without always saying injury BS that hasn't even happened yet? I guess that's /rant

holcs50
06-24-2009, 08:50 AM
yea ill bump