PDA

View Full Version : via Clutch from Clutchfans...Rockets are trying to raid the Suns

robbie380
06-24-2009, 08:58 AM
from his weekly spot on 1560am in houston...a'm'a'r'e''''' is a great offensive talent but that guy is a cancer on a team like the rockets that had excellent chemistry. also i really don't want an asshole on my team who thinks 'e = é. but an amaré/barbosa deal for tmac and brooks would be impossible to pass on.

Recap: -Pretty quiet on the Rockets front.

-Almost more than likely going to have a pick

-No trade may happen today or tomorrow but something will happen along the lines. (Player wise, not draft pick wise)

-Rockets lacked size in the playoffs, so why Amar'e is the top target.

-We cant or dont want a straight C, rather someone who can play PF and C.

-Landry's name out there to aquire a pick, which they would select a PG and ship Brooks out if a deal like for Stoudemire would happen.

-Brian Cook becomes an expiring trade asset.

-Good chance a deal will happen sooner rather than later. We want or would like a deal before the season starts.

-Someone else like a Barbosa would be included in a Amar'e deal. Not him particular but another piece would be coming back.

-Amar'e may want and we may have to give a contract extension upon a trade.

-They're not dissatisfied with Brooks or Landry but are looking to use them to upgrade the roster as a whole.

-Rip Hamilton was being considered but Clutch hasnt heard anything in weeks so thats ptobably a no go.

-Overall, it looks like Amar'e is our target. No trade may happen within the draft but something may happen along the lines, sooner rather than later.

Artest93
06-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Good Deal, and if we could get Mike Bibby in free agency, watch out!

Bibby/Lowry
Artest/Wafer/
Battier/White
Stoudamire/Scola
Yao/Dorsey

LeBronMVPjames
06-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Ron Artest/Amare Stoudemire/Yao Ming <<Thats an idea to stop the Lakers *shrug*

robbie380
06-24-2009, 09:07 AM
oh yeah the other thing i really didn't like a potential amare deal was if we had to extend his contract. i don't trust that guy's ability to stay healthy or work ethic. there is no way his knee is going to hold up for 5 more years. i am saying this from experience since i have had 2 acl reconstructions and a microfracture done on my right knee. that shit doesn't get better...it only slowly degenerates at best.

Chieflion
06-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Good Deal, and if we could get Mike Bibby in free agency, watch out!

Bibby/Lowry
Artest/Wafer/
Battier/White
Stoudamire/Scola
Yao/Dorsey
Artest cannot play the 2 though because he is not quick enough. Switch him with Battier for him to play the 3.

Artest93
06-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Hopefully, rockets front office can swindle kerr into just tmac going to phoenix

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Brooks and Wafer together have less IQ than a rock. Good thing your GM has enough brain to want to get rid of them.

robbie380
06-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Clutch made an update to that recap someone posted on cf.net. When he was saying things were calm he meant like the calm before the storm as if they are trying to do multiple transactions. Also he stated the rockets are extremely confident they will have a pick in the draft. Lastly, clutch also mentioned that the front office said that they have had no media leaks,

Cry Havoc
06-24-2009, 11:32 AM
If the Rockets land Amare without giving up a significant piece of their 2008 team, they immediately become a top 4 contender in the NBA. I would put them ahead of the Spurs for now even, until the Spurs resolve their big man dilemma (which they will).

This could be an insane Western Conference. Spurs with RJ + another big man added to what was already a championship caliber team, the team that took LA to 7 getting one of the most prolific offensive post players in the game, the Nuggets getting another year to figure things out, and the Lakers coming back with potentially all of their players.

And this is just the start of the trade season. Wow.

Reeko_Htown
06-24-2009, 11:38 AM
This screams Yao insurance in case Yao opt. out in 2010. Trade for Amare and sign him so if Yao leaves we can sign a big name in 2010. It give us a chance to Win it all next season and gives Yao rest while Amare plays the 5.

robbie380
06-24-2009, 11:40 AM
the Nuggets getting another year to figure things out

:lol:rollin

Indazone
06-24-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm good with this trade. Hate to get rid of Landry though. He's a beast

turiaf for president
06-24-2009, 12:03 PM
its not too crazy of an idea but i dont think the suns will do this because of one reason

if they clean house this year and rebuild, they will be in the lottery. their 1st round pick in 2010 belongs to the thunder when they traded it for kurt thomas a couple years ago. and that draft pick is unprotected, so if they have a shitty year, that lottery pick goes to OKC.

Cry Havoc
06-24-2009, 12:13 PM
The Suns are probably lottery bound anyway, tfp

:lol:rollin

You're laughing? They went farther than you in the playoffs, which gives them bragging rights. They are probably one trade or player away from being a legitimate championship contender. In fact, had they not had a meltdown against LA, they could have made a run at the Lakers.

turiaf for president
06-24-2009, 12:23 PM

You're laughing? They went farther than you in the playoffs, which gives them bragging rights. They are probably one trade or player away from being a legitimate championship contender. In fact, had they not had a meltdown against LA, they could have made a run at the Lakers.

maybe, but their roster as is will contend for a playoff spot. no amare = top 4 pick

poop
06-24-2009, 01:23 PM
houston 'could be great' for like 6 years now.

they have a great team, great defense and would have beat LA if they were healthy.

thing is, by the playoffs they WONT be healthy. 100% GUARENTEED. Yao WILL be hurt for the playoffs. its sad cause i like this team.

robbie380
06-24-2009, 01:28 PM

i'm laughing because the nuggets will always be boneheads

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 01:33 PM
I'd love to see the Rockets implode because they traded for Amaretard.

robbie380
06-24-2009, 01:55 PM
gm morey will be holding a press conference in a few min

Artest93
06-24-2009, 02:04 PM
<p>
Dont drink the Houston cool-aid just yet. The only reason they went seven games is because the Lakers obviously took them lightly. That has been the Lakers weak spot for the past two years... taking weak teams lightly. Bringing in Amare will do about as much good as Marion going to the Heat.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Dont get me wrong, Houston is a good team, but even with a fully healthy TMAC and Yao, they would not have beaten the Lakeshow.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
still making excuses, eh?

robbie380
Dont drink the Houston cool-aid just yet. The only reason they went seven games is because the Lakers obviously took them lightly. That has been the Lakers weak spot for the past two years... taking weak teams lightly. Bringing in Amare will do about as much good as Marion going to the Heat.

Dont get me wrong, Houston is a good team, but even with a fully healthy TMAC and Yao, they would not have beaten the Lakeshow.

keep telling yourself that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
If Amare goes to Houston I give it a month before he starts bitching about Yao getting in the way of his "gorilla game".

robbie380
06-24-2009, 02:11 PM
If Amare goes to Houston I give it a month before he starts bitching about Yao getting in the way of his "gorilla game".

i agree....i am not really sold on this amare to houston....he is such a cunt.

Reeko_Htown
06-24-2009, 02:22 PM
i agree....i am not really sold on this amare to houston....he is such a cunt.

I really don't think Amare will act like that here. The Suns have jacked him around too much and got his "cunt" side. I think he would see the opportunity of a championship and potentially becoming THE man if/when Yao leaves in 2010.

Reeko_Htown
06-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Listen man, we swept your Rockets in the regular season with TMAC and Yao healthy in some of those games. Just be happy you made it out of the first round. Dont go trying to compare your team to the CHAMPS.
:lobt2:

Didn't you get swept by the Hawks?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 02:31 PM
I'd trade Amare for Tracy Mcbreakeasy and Brooks in a heartbeat....if the Suns training staff can help Hill and Shaq the way they did who knows maybe they can help T-baggin' T-mac.

Artest93
06-24-2009, 02:40 PM
<p>
There are no excuses for the winners. But you on the other hand... &quot;if Yao wasnt hurt, if TMAC wanst hurt.&quot;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>You guys have a built in excuse withe those two candy men. Now is not the time to be getting all excited about what could have been. Lets just enjoy the Lakers being the CHAMPS for now.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
I believe that phil jackson made a ton of excuses about lamar odom being hurt.......and btw, your pussy ass team is not that good, just healthy is all......nobody made excuses for why the rox lost, they still showed that they had the balls to play physical with kobe

Ditty
06-24-2009, 04:46 PM
amare could not fit in adelmans defense cuz he plays no defense

The Franchise
06-24-2009, 04:51 PM
I'd trade Amare for Tracy Mcbreakeasy and Brooks in a heartbeat....if the Suns training staff can help Hill and Shaq the way they did who knows maybe they can help T-baggin' T-mac.

They can't fix lazy.

Jeremy
06-24-2009, 04:53 PM
its not too crazy of an idea but i dont think the suns will do this because of one reason

if they clean house this year and rebuild, they will be in the lottery. their 1st round pick in 2010 belongs to the thunder when they traded it for kurt thomas a couple years ago. and that draft pick is unprotected, so if they have a shitty year, that lottery pick goes to OKC.

Actually, the Suns are likely trading this year's #14 to OKC for this year's #25 and our own pick back next year. That's the latest rumor that seems to be heating up.

mardigan
06-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Trading for Rip seems like the most intriguing prospect. He would fit damn well with that Rockets team.

The Franchise
06-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Trading for Rip seems like the most intriguing prospect. He would fit damn well with that Rockets team.

You're absolutely right. I would love to see it happen, but who would what would we give them?

Chillen
06-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Why would the Suns do that deal? If the Rockets pull that off they will be one of the favorites to win the Western Conference.

The Franchise
06-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Why would the Suns do that deal? If the Rockets pull that off they will be one of the favorites to win the Western Conference.

For the 23 million in salary cap relief McGrady offers.

DenDen
06-24-2009, 06:28 PM
The Rockets were just a stepping stone for the Lakers. We beat them up badly...lol, and turned them into crying bitches.
I don't remember anyone crying.. I remember them playing their hardest with what they got. As far as excuse go, lamar poor back hurt, boo hoo. And Bynumite that bum, was full of excuses.

DenDen
06-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Dont drink the Houston cool-aid just yet. The only reason they went seven games is because the Lakers obviously took them lightly. That has been the Lakers weak spot for the past two years... taking weak teams lightly. Bringing in Amare will do about as much good as Marion going to the Heat.

Dont get me wrong, Houston is a good team, but even with a fully healthy TMAC and Yao, they would not have beaten the Lakeshow.
So you telling me the lakers didn't take the rocket lightly for all 4 quaters of all 3 games in the PLAYOFF. Now that's a bullshit ass excuse, just like how bynum supposedly wasn't %100.

sook
06-24-2009, 06:45 PM

THIS.

I have been saying this for so long.

Rip on the rox = Top 3 team in the NBA automatically.

I'm just not sold on the current rox, people keep bringing up the 7 games with LA crap but that was because of our style of play and due to Yao going down. If yao played it would have been over in 5, he jsut can't play vs Pau.

I'm curious about the Amare thing,

One thing is forsure though, In Darryl Morey I trust. He will make the right move, thats how high we are on our GM.

As of now the rox are mediocre.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 06:52 PM
They can't fix lazy.

Says the fan of a team trying to trade for Amare Stoudemire.

Lars
06-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Stoudamire meh

The Franchise
06-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Says the fan of a team trying to trade for Amare Stoudemire.

And it's still no contest. :lol