PDA

View Full Version : Possible Suns Thunder trade imminent

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 02:55 PM
There is a report the Suns are trading the 14th pick for the 25th pick and their unprotected 2010 pick they traded to OKC.

Mad props to Kerr is the full blown trade Nash, Amare and Shaq tankapalooza is on!!!!

Derek Favors faggots!!!

sribb43
06-24-2009, 02:58 PM
ya i saw this rumor yesterday...suns must be expecting a lousy season and want to make sure that lottery pick is theirs...If i was OKC i would keep that pick knowing what the Suns could be next year

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 03:02 PM
ya i saw this rumor yesterday...suns must be expecting a lousy season and want to make sure that lottery pick is theirs...If i was OKC i would keep that pick knowing what the Suns could be next year

Supposedly if they get their pick back, Shaq, Nash and Amare are all gone. Get it done Kerr, way to grow some nuts.

Stump
06-24-2009, 03:03 PM
This would be a more balanced trade if OKC didn't surrender the 25th.

JMarkJohns
06-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Supposedly if they get their pick back, Shaq, Nash and Amare are all gone. Get it done Kerr, way to grow some nuts.

Exactly. This needed to be done last year and wasn't. Now they are in worse shape for not having the snuts to man up and cast off players they couldn't win a Title with while each could bring back a quality package.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 03:06 PM
TANKAMUTHAFUCKINPALOOZA faggots, nothing can stop the Suns now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Exactly. This needed to be done last year and wasn't. Now they are in worse shape for not having the snuts to man up and cast off players they couldn't win a Title with while each could bring back a quality package.

It's good that at least a few people are on board.

JMarkJohns
06-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Better to trade a player a year too early than a year too late. A year ago, beyond age, each would have two years of service to provide a buying team, opening up more options for more teams. Now teams are only interested if they are that specific player away from truly contending or if they are one of the few teams who can acquire with the hopes of resigning. Also, had they traded Amare last offseason, the issues of eye surgeries are unlikely to diminish the return as it's doubtful he ever suffers either.

Sucks all around.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Yes JMJ we both would have loved to do it last year, but better late than never I guess. At least Kerr might actually be rebuilding rather than pretending the team is in great shape.

unrelated but.........BULLSHIT REDCARD

JMarkJohns
06-24-2009, 03:15 PM
unrelated but.........BULLSHIT REDCARD

Another on the U.S.?

Edit: Just saw on gamecast: Michael Bradley...

IronMexican
06-24-2009, 03:18 PM
I hope this starts all that USA hype again "We're #4 in the world!"

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Does anyone know how much stoppage time there is?

JMarkJohns
06-24-2009, 03:21 PM
I think it varies. Typically around five to eight minutes, I think.

JMarkJohns
06-24-2009, 03:23 PM
ESPN says final, 2-0 U.S.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 03:23 PM
that answers that....

back to the Suns, trade everyone, gather picks, sell the team to someone who cares, think longterm!!!

baseline bum
06-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Why would OKC ever do that trade? Phoenix is going to be dumping guys whether or not they get that pick back. And for the 14th this season? No way Presti could be stupid enough to make that trade. I couldn't even see McHale doing it.

LeBronMVPjames
06-24-2009, 03:45 PM
why would okc ever do that trade? Phoenix is going to be dumping guys whether or not they get that pick back. And for the 14th this season? No way presti could be stupid enough to make that trade. I couldn't even see mchale doing it.

+1

ginobili's bald spot
06-24-2009, 03:46 PM
TANKAMUTHAFUCKINPALOOZA faggots, nothing can stop the Suns now.

:lol

Unforgivable
06-24-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm a buzzkill

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Why would OKC ever do that trade? Phoenix is going to be dumping guys whether or not they get that pick back. And for the 14th this season? No way Presti could be stupid enough to make that trade. I couldn't even see McHale doing it.

Says the guy who's team just traded nothing for a 20 PPG scorer.

ginobili's bald spot
06-24-2009, 03:49 PM
As long as the Suns don't trade one of those guys to Cleveland, I'll be happy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 03:50 PM
As long as the Suns don't trade one of those guys to Cleveland, I'll be happy.

Amare would make Cleveland a worse team. Completely kill their chemistry and he would do way less for their offense than people think.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Trade isn't happening supposedly cause Kerr fucked something up.....god dammit how much longer is this moron going to run the Suns?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 04:05 PM
That might be stupid on the Thunder's part. This isn't a great draft.

That's why assuming if what I heard was true, why the hell did Kerr try to get greedy and not agree to a deal that already helps the Suns a ton.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 04:12 PM
lol blow job Mullens

Jeremy
06-24-2009, 05:01 PM
That's why assuming if what I heard was true, why the hell did Kerr try to get greedy and not agree to a deal that already helps the Suns a ton.

Kerr tried to get greedy in what way?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Kerr tried to get greedy in what way?

By not doing whatever it takes to get the 2010 pick back.

Jeremy
06-24-2009, 05:05 PM
By not doing whatever it takes to get the 2010 pick back.

Yeah, but I'm wondering what you heard that it was specifically that killed the trade?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah, but I'm wondering what you heard that it was specifically that killed the trade?

I read on realGM from a guy who has an insider and who is usually right about what he says that Kerr pushed for another asset he wouldn't mention.

Jeremy
06-24-2009, 05:09 PM
I read on realGM from a guy who has an insider and who is usually right about what he says that Kerr pushed for another asset he wouldn't mention.

Wow. Another stupid move by Kerr. Can the guy do anything right?!

Not that I loved the trade...because Kerr should have never traded the pick to Seattle anyway. But it certainly would help now that OKC does have our pick. (And would also seem to signal a rebuilding.)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Wow. Another stupid move by Kerr. Can the guy do anything right?!

Not that I loved the trade...because Kerr should have never traded the pick to Seattle anyway. But it certainly would help now that OKC does have our pick. (And would also seem to signal a rebuilding.)

Couldn't agree more.

baseline bum
06-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Says the guy who's team just traded nothing for a 20 PPG scorer.

What does OKC get out of it? They lose a late first-round pick and get a worse one in a worse draft in exchange for one that could potentially be John Wall or Derrick Favors. The Thunder have no reason to do this trade.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 06:21 PM
What does OKC get out of it? They lose a late first-round pick and get a worse one in a worse draft in exchange for one that could potentially be John Wall or Derrick Favors. The Thunder have no reason to do this trade.

Please explain how the 14th pick is worse than the 25th pick?

It might not be a good reason but moving up 11 spots is a reason last I checked...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 06:29 PM
still anxious to know how the 14th pick is worse than the 25th pick....

baseline bum
06-24-2009, 06:30 PM
The 14th pick in a bad draft is worth a hell of a lot less than an unprotected pick next year for a team that's likely to be pretty bad. That trade doesn't make any sense even without having to throw in their #25 this year too.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 06:37 PM
The 14th pick in a bad draft is worth a hell of a lot less than an unprotected pick next year for a team that's likely to be pretty bad. That trade doesn't make any sense even without having to throw in their #25 this year too.

Don't change your argument, you didn't answer my question. You said the Thunder have no reason to do this trade? Explain how moving up from 25th to 14th isn't potentially a reason.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 06:37 PM

I'm still waiting for the explaination here.

baseline bum
06-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Don't change your argument, you didn't answer my question. You said the Thunder have no reason to do this trade? Explain how moving up from 25th to 14th isn't potentially a reason.

I guess they have a reason in the sense that you can have a reason to push an old lady down a flight of stairs or kick an old man in the groin, but they don't have a good reason to make the trade.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 06:43 PM
I guess they have a reason in the sense that you can have a reason to push an old lady down a flight of stairs or kick an old man in the groin, but they don't have a good reason to make the trade.

OK that I agree with. I never said it was a good reason and I questioned it from the beginning, but moving up 11 spots in undoubtedly a reason :toast

baseline bum
06-24-2009, 06:44 PM
The explanation is Phoenix will most likely be a lottery team who could end up being really bad. 8th seed seems to be about their ceiling, so there's a pretty good chance that unprotected pick next draft will end up being better than 14 in an abysmal draft this year.

baseline bum
06-24-2009, 06:45 PM
You guys should lynch Kerr for fucking up that steal of a trade if true.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2009, 06:47 PM
The explanation is Phoenix will most likely be a lottery team who could end up being really bad. 8th seed seems to be about their ceiling, so there's a pretty good chance that unprotected pick next draft will end up being better than 14 in an abysmal draft this year.

Before I say this, you know that I'm not excited about this type of basketball at all, but the Suns could easily have a fluke regular season under Gentry where the run and suck offense generates 50+ fluke wins w/ an inevitable playoff unwravelling. I don't think the 8th seed is their ceiling w/ Gentry at coach.

I do think that the 1st round is their ceiling. They might get the 4th of 5th seed.

Chieflion
06-24-2009, 07:20 PM
No Thunder, dont do it. You have enough picks already.

Rogue
06-24-2009, 10:38 PM
The Suns are trying to ransom the unprotected 2010 pick they trade to OKC previously. :lol

sribb43
06-25-2009, 07:52 AM
So did this trade ever go through? If not, the Thunder would be dumb not to keep that 2010 with the fire sale in PHX

Indazone
06-25-2009, 08:12 AM
Sad to think how good this team used to be.