PDA

View Full Version : Palmer: If Romo listens to Kitna, he'll have a huge year

Spursfan092120
06-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Carson Palmer: If Tony Romo listens to Jon Kitna, he'll have a huge year (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/06/carson-palmer-if-tony-romo-listens-to-jo.html)

Tim MacMahon

Jon Kitna's arm strength is the most obvious reason he's a significant upgrade for the Cowboys at backup quarterback. Unlike Brad Johnson, Kitna can still put plenty of zip on his passes.
Perhaps more important, however, is the impact Kitna can make on Tony Romo. Just ask Carson Palmer, whom Kitna taught the NFL ropes after the Bengals drafted him with the first overall pick.
"If Tony just follows what he says and listens to him, he's going to have a huge year," Palmer said during an ESPN Radio interview. "I thought that was a great point that not a lot of people picked up on."
Johnson made clear immediately after he signed that he wasn't coming to Valley Ranch to serve as Romo's mentor. It's not that the quarterbacks had a bad relationship, but Johnson viewed his job as making sure he was prepared to play.
Kitna emphasized after his trade from Detroit that a large part of his responsibility with the Cowboys would be helping Romo in any way possible. If Romo is willing to listen, Kitna could certainly be a well of information when it comes to getting the most out of coachable WR Roy Williams, whose best seasons came with Kitna at QB.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/06/carson-palmer-if-tony-romo-listens-to-jo.html

-----------------
Shit...anything's worth a shot right about now.

bigdog
06-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Hope this is true. Especially with any tips or advice Kitna might have in regards to Roy Williams. I want to see a very consistent Romo-Williams connection all season.

Spurtacus
06-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Well, T.O. is gone so the excuse that he was in Romo's head should be out the door. I don't have much faith in our receiving corps though. I hope Romo and Garrett can make use of Felix Jones' speed out of the backfield.

Spursfan092120
06-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Yeah...Romo does need a good QB with some good advice...Kitna may be one of those guys with a great QB IQ.

BUMP
06-24-2009, 09:12 PM
:tu :tu

I'm all for it, i've always liked Kitna too. It takes big balls to play as hard as he did in Detroit, when you get sacked a billion times and play on a team that's abyssmal.

I remember when they were 3-13 and they came into Texas Stadium and beat us, Kitna displayed passion that you would never see from a quarterback on a 2-13 team on the last day of the season. Ever since then i've been a Kitna fan

Spursfan092120
06-24-2009, 09:19 PM

I'm all for it, i've always liked Kitna too. It takes big balls to play as hard as he did in Detroit, when you get sacked a billion times and play on a team that's abyssmal.

I remember when they were 3-13 and they came into Texas Stadium and beat us, Kitna displayed passion that you would never see from a quarterback on a 2-13 team on the last day of the season. Ever since then i've been a Kitna fan
Definitely...and it takes even bigger balls to say that the Detroit Lions are going to win 10 games..lol..he fell short by one game, but still. Kitna has a very high football IQ, and if Romo's athleticism can be coupled with Kitna's intelligence, we could have a dangerous QB on our hands.

manufan10
06-24-2009, 09:56 PM

:tu

This is why I was a fan of the trade. Sure the Cowboys traded a starting DB for a backup QB, but I felt he would bring valuable insight to the position. Like mentioned in the article, Kitna has played with Roy, and I think can help Roy and Tony build that relationship that a QB and WR need. His selflessness that he showed while with the Bengals is something that I hope he can bring to the Cowboys. How he mentored Carson Palmer, I hope the same can be done for Romo.

BUMP
06-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Carson Palmer: If Tony Romo listens to Jon Kitna, he'll have a huge year (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/06/carson-palmer-if-tony-romo-listens-to-jo.html)

Tim MacMahon

Jon Kitna's arm strength is the most obvious reason he's a significant upgrade for the Cowboys at backup quarterback. Unlike Brad Johnson, Kitna can still put plenty of zip on his passes.
Perhaps more important, however, is the impact Kitna can make on Tony Romo. Just ask Carson Palmer, whom Kitna taught the NFL ropes after the Bengals drafted him with the first overall pick.
"If Tony just follows what he says and listens to him, he's going to have a huge year," Palmer said during an ESPN Radio interview. "I thought that was a great point that not a lot of people picked up on."
Johnson made clear immediately after he signed that he wasn't coming to Valley Ranch to serve as Romo's mentor. It's not that the quarterbacks had a bad relationship, but Johnson viewed his job as making sure he was prepared to play.
Kitna emphasized after his trade from Detroit that a large part of his responsibility with the Cowboys would be helping Romo in any way possible. If Romo is willing to listen, Kitna could certainly be a well of information when it comes to getting the most out of coachable WR Roy Williams, whose best seasons came with Kitna at QB.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/06/carson-palmer-if-tony-romo-listens-to-jo.html

-----------------
Shit...anything's worth a shot right about now.

What a douchebag!

Why the hell else would you bring in someone who's just clinging on the ropes of whats left of his career to do anything else but mentor an up and coming superstar.

And on top of that, he actually does get the chance to play and ruins the season for us:bang