PDA

View Full Version : UA - Spurs connection

holcs50
06-25-2009, 02:42 AM
gotta say its kind of weird-but as a UA alumn i love it...

1st-elliott, the man as a spur
2nd-kerr, saved a few playoff games especially those 3 3's agaisnt mavs3
3rd-damon stoudamire, did nothing-too old, but was great at UA
4th-marcus williams, thought he was too good-should've stayed at UA 2 more years
5th-Jefferson, good at UA, will be seen what he does on the spurs but im pretty optimistic that he'll help win another chip!
ooh i forgot
6th-salim, my man, love him, knew him, wish he didn't get injured when trying out, he could've helped us on the 3 line-guy is clutch but undersized-still could've been a good bencher IMO

Thats pretty amazing, 2 of the best ever ua players in elliott and kerr both in the rafters in tucson. Damon one of the best college pgs ever. Long live the UA spurs connection!

timvp
06-25-2009, 02:47 AM
F U.

Sincerely,

Reggie Geary, Matt Othick and Jud Buechler

holcs50
06-25-2009, 02:56 AM
F U.

Sincerely,

Reggie Geary, Matt Othick and Jud Buechler

lmfao i knew i missed a few- JUD

VivaPopovich
06-25-2009, 03:03 AM
the arizona teams are sort of the spurs of college basketball anyways hehe

holcs50
06-25-2009, 03:19 AM
the arizona teams are sort of the spurs of college basketball anyways hehe

yea id say the lute years-well they liked to run-always had great guards-well actually UA is like almost the opposite of spurs haha. Like spurs as long as i know them have relied on the best ever (DROB) and 2nd best ever (TD), most UA teams rely on guard play. They won the ncaa chip cuz bibby, dickerson, and of course miles simon-all guards....my freshman year (2001) they went because of arenas, jeff, gardner, but i cant deny wright and loren woods were legit also---------they were by far the BEST team that year, how they lost is still a mystery-those 3 dunleavy 3s killed....i hate Duke to this day with a passion, almost as much as i hate kobe. In my book two ua chips haha, fuck duke!!!

But lute does kind of coach like pop-very respectful and tough love with the players-no player gets a pass-they all play together and that's how to win. Lute is my fav coach ever pop 2nd