PDA

View Full Version : What if manu gets hurt?

iilluzioN
06-25-2009, 05:13 AM
Then what?

tank?
:lol
we should get another Guard, just incase

Bukefal
06-25-2009, 06:26 AM

iilluzioN
06-25-2009, 06:45 AM

for reals man, all we would have is mason at the SG position... we need another.. just incase

VivaPopovich
06-25-2009, 07:11 AM
george hill has shown he can play the 2spot alongside tony. but the other way around would be really fun too

TMTTRIO
06-25-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm not worried about Manu's position. Now that we have RJ and then we also have George Hill (who plays more naturally as a 2) and Mason we're pretty stacked there. Since we're playing the what if scenario What if Tim's knees get worse during the season? What if Tony gets injured during summer play with his national team (I know he's young but injuries still happen)? I'm more concerned about what happens with their position. With this being a contract year for Manu either with the Spurs or some other team don't you think he wants to show and prove that he's healthy and can still play.

coyotes_geek
06-25-2009, 08:44 AM
We can play the "what if he gets hurt" game for anyone. It doesn't get us anywhere. All you can do is build the best team you can under the assumption that everyone will be healthy and then hope for the best.

bigfan
06-25-2009, 08:44 AM
What if an asteroid hits? No need to worry about possible injuries.

coyotes_geek
06-25-2009, 08:45 AM
What if an asteroid hits?

We better trade for Shaq so that we can all hide behind him.

FromWayDowntown
06-25-2009, 08:50 AM
I think that a significant part of the point of acquiring Richard Jefferson for pennies on the dollar is to insure against Manu's injuries. I think that with a talent like Jefferson in the fold, the Spurs would have enough offense to push into Round 2 even without Ginobili. Add Ginobili to the mix and you've got elite talent, but not elite depth. Fix the front court and you've got elite talent and enough depth to think seriously about winning another ring.

ElNono
06-25-2009, 08:56 AM
I think that a significant part of the point of acquiring Richard Jefferson for pennies on the dollar is to insure against Manu's injuries. I think that with a talent like Jefferson in the fold, the Spurs would have enough offense to push into Round 2 even without Ginobili. Add Ginobili to the mix and you've got elite talent, but not elite depth. Fix the front court and you've got elite talent and enough depth to think seriously about winning another ring.

+1

We've recovered ~20 PPG and we now have another guy that can create his own shot in RJ. Next up is shoring up the frontline, and we should be ready.

nkdlunch
06-25-2009, 09:12 AM
If Manu/Parker/Ducan get hurt. we lose in the 1st round.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Then what?

tank?

What if you are mentally retarded?

montgod
06-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Pick up Sasha on the cheap after he gets cut by Phoenix.

Extra Stout
06-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Then what?

tank?
While we're at it, we need to get another forward just as good as Duncan and another guard as good as Parker.

Just in case.

z0sa
06-25-2009, 11:51 AM
just in case, let's build bubbles around ourselves. no touching each other's bubbles.

HarlemHeat37
06-25-2009, 11:58 AM
The whole point of getting a guy like Jefferson, a MLE big, and trying to move up in the draft, is to build some depth..when you have depth, your main guys won't play as many minutes when it doesn't matter, thus making an injury less likely..

with that being said, injuries are always possible..every team has concerns..you just have to hope for the best..