PDA

View Full Version : I'm about to get roasted but...

tim_duncan_fan
04-02-2005, 02:26 PM
We need some players who can hit wide open jumpers and that's no one on this team.I'm thinking after our duncanless first round exit this year we should get some new personnel. There are only 5 really valuable players on this team. tim tony manu beno and bruce. The rest of these perennial losers need to leave the team. Along with a guard with an actual jumpshot we need to get some fit streetball type rough centers to go with duncan. Our frontcourt consist of our MVP duncan and the rest are a bunch of sissies.But duncan isn't playing so our froncourt is actually just a collection of sissies at the moment. Camby and Najera were kicking their "i dont want to break a nail" asses the whole night. So I say we get rid of every one of them. There has to be some undrafted guy with some form of latent basketball talent. These guys have none. Let's trade all of them for shawn bradley.He's doing well under a real coach. do you think dallas will trade us bradley for nazr,marks and nesterovich next season? I sure hope so.

boutons
04-02-2005, 02:33 PM
"We need some players who can hit wide open jumpers and that's no one on this team."

Hot, oven-roasted, steaming BS.

What the Spurs need is a desire to win, to hustle, and self-confidence. The have sufficient shooting skills, but not the confidence to hit their shots. Totally mental problem, not a skills problem.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Maybe we should do something besides post Duncan up on offense when it matters.

You know, things like use the skill sets of the players we have, etc.

Last year we ran a lot of motion, then puckered up in the playoffs and went back to the all Tim, all in the post, all the time shit and it got us beat.

If it happens again this year I'm sure Pop has his scapegoats lined up again, and will gloss over his inability to free his offense in the post-season.

exstatic
04-02-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm thinking after our duncanless first round exit this year we should get some new personnel.
:lmao Miss Cleo, you ain't.

tim_duncan_fan
04-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Maybe this team doesn't deserve to win a title. I've been thinking and I realized that as evidenced by last night and games before last night, NO ONE ON THIS TEAM PLAYS TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL.and I do mean no one including Tim. Let me explain-

Last year in the playoffs what killed us was an inability to make FT and wide open jumpers. Evidently no one was willing to work on these issues. The whole team was unwilling to work on FTs and our guards evidently refused to work on a jumpshot over the offseason. And anybody can tell that NONE of our guys give it their all on the court.And yes im talking about duncan too.Where Kevin Garnett can go and get 14 rbounds duncan might get eleven.And where even the smallest weakest skilless guys might work as hard as possible in the fourth to get the W our guards stand around jacking up shots instead of running at the basket and drawing fouls. They just don't bring it effort-wise and it works my nerves because these guys get paid 10 million a year to do something that's not even a real job and they won't even work hard to make sure they win.

tim_duncan_fan
04-02-2005, 03:03 PM
ginobili is god-

And how many times did our centers miss their dunk attempts last night?
Think about it. It was at least 3 times. Missing 1 dunk>missing 3 dunks

td4mvp21
04-02-2005, 03:05 PM
I agree with some of it. We do need a little more work on our jumpers, but trading is not the key-our existing players just need to practice on them. We do need a tougher front court, seriously. Our frontcourt (besides Duncan) doesn't seem to want to rebound, get physical, or go for a block. Its ridiculous what I've seen this entire year. I wouldn't mind us trading for a good, defensive presence who can rebound and get physical, and perhaps even average 10 pts. I don't like how Rasho does on offense, however on most nights he is very helpful on defense. TMass hasn't really been impressive, neither has Mohammad. I would take Marks over either of them. Nazr may be injured, but Im still not very impressed. Horry impresses me the most. When he first got here, I thought great just another stuckup Laker. But he hustles, scores, rebounds, gets physical, and makes plays. I love it. He deserves his playing time + more. Brown hits open jumpers and threes quite often, and so does Beno. Barry needs work on his.

Frontcourt is really the only thing we lack. It may bite us in the playoffs, but hopefully it won't.

tim_duncan_fan
04-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Sorry folks I was just venting. But seriously at least part of what I said is true. All of our guys need to give more effort and yes not counting duncan our frontcourt IS terrible.

bigzak25
04-02-2005, 03:10 PM
denver was hyped. our spurs got outhustled. but it's not time to panic bro. it's not time to give up now. you are a bandwagon fan. or maybe just a young one. Steve Kerr ain't on the team anymore, and we got what we got. This team is not going to go far in the playoffs w/o duncan, we all know that, but we will cheer whoever is on the floor for as long as the Spurs are in it...Next year is next year...plenty of time to worry about it later...scola, another shooter...whatever.

this team wasn't going to go undefeated the rest of the reg season without td...granted a 20 pt loss on the road is not what we expected either...Just remember, it's 0-0 in a couple weeks and we got the tools to get the job done when TD comes back. keep the faith.

tim_duncan_fan
04-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Yeah I know I sound like a bandwagon fan but the only reason I get on to these guys is because I know they can play better and most certainly harder.
Duncan should not HAVE to be at the game for the team to win without him.
I mean duncan puts up the points,rebounds,blocksand defense. Do we need him to provide inspiration too? What do these guys think cheerleaders are for?

bigzak25
04-02-2005, 03:24 PM
i hear ya bro...i does seem like our team layed down a bit last night, but it only counts as one loss...lets see how they pick themselves up tonight...i've always said, without TD, all i expect is for this team to fight and scrap and let the chips fall where they may...this spurs team has reacted to stinkers like last night very well in the past...lets see if they can do it again...hopefully so....but i do see your points on our frontcourt and consistant shooters....but again, no one wants to hear excuses, and i don't think our Spurs will offer up any...Pop will chew some ass and i expect some fire tonight.

pigknuckles
04-02-2005, 03:49 PM
:spin
Front court was horrendous last night. These guys made freakin najera look like a stud. We definitely need more athletism on front line. Defensive rotation was worst I've seen in a while. I don't understand why we brought horry back after he flamed in playoffs last year.

Pop was subbing like crazy last night, it didn't seem like anyone could get any rhythm.

Solid D
04-02-2005, 04:05 PM
When the legs go, the shots are short and the offense becomes more labored. The Spurs seemed pretty tired in Denver. It was a late game, body-clock wise (9:30 start) and they were a mile high. This game was somewhat predictable.

The Spurs, under Pop's scheme and philosophy of defense, have always fluctuated on their jumpshooting accuracy. They play hard at both ends more than most teams. They always have (under Pop). The extra adrenaline at home games with the crowd busting a lung helps to compensate for this somewhat. Standing still threes come easier than jumpshots curling off screens or on the move when you play hard defense.

You know this if you play basketball and you are really make an effort to stop your man and D-up for any length of time in a game. Even in half court games, if you are really challenged by your man and he runs you around, if you stick hard with him, your legs go a little quicker. The more out of shape you are, the earlier your points come in a game (ever notice?).

The Spurs are in great physical condition but they are still human. Most really good defensive teams aren't great jump-shooting teams. They may have a decent-to-good FG% but if they do, it's more likely because of their inside scoring presence or scoring uptempo on easier baskets.

Pop tried to give them a break last night by playing a matchup zone quite a bit, but Denver was able to beat it.

Summers
04-02-2005, 05:40 PM
One sh*tty game is no reason to jump ship. There are a lot of legitimate complaints about last night's game (not the least of which are the altitude and time, as already pointed out, though I'm not saying the guys didn't just flat out suck). But we're so spoiled as Spurs fans and I get annoyed when people panic en masse and say things like "They don't deserve to win". Including Timmy? To quote the mods, don't mistake stoicism for lack of passion/competitiveness. And Manu?? Um... Have you seen these guys play? Honestly, I think your statements DO make you a bandwagoner.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-02-2005, 05:50 PM
this team wasn't going to go undefeated the rest of the reg season without td...granted a 20 pt loss on the road is not what we expected either...Just remember, it's 0-0 in a couple weeks and we got the tools to get the job done when TD comes back. keep the faith.

Agreed. If we'd won last night, this thread wouldn't exit. One game does not define our playoff chances. I don't blame tim_duncan_fan for being pissed though. Thank god I didn't stay up to watch that POS game last night.

Despite the rough start after Tim's injury, and the loss last night, I have mostly liked what I've seen from the team's ability to adapt. It sucks that they're not likely to grab back the top seed, but injuries go both ways. If Nash stumbles, we may just wind up with the number one seed. Otherwise, this team will have to do something that our other two champ squads didn't have to do: win without homecourt.

Hopefully when Tim comes back, Pop will continue to run the motion plays for our skills guys. If that happens, this whole shitty spell may pay big dividends.

Lastly, I keep noticing posts that make Kerr and Jax sound like they were money all of the time. These guys came through big time in the crunch, but they weren't perfect shooters all season long (or we'd have more than two championships). I totally agree with Solid D that our FG% is directly related to Pop's emphasis on clamp-down defense.

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-02-2005, 08:13 PM
We need some players who can hit wide open jumpers and that's no one on this team.I'm thinking after our duncanless first round exit this year we should get some new personnel. There are only 5 really valuable players on this team. tim tony manu beno and bruce. The rest of these perennial losers need to leave the team. Along with a guard with an actual jumpshot we need to get some fit streetball type rough centers to go with duncan. Our frontcourt consist of our MVP duncan and the rest are a bunch of sissies.But duncan isn't playing so our froncourt is actually just a collection of sissies at the moment. Camby and Najera were kicking their "i dont want to break a nail" asses the whole night. So I say we get rid of every one of them. There has to be some undrafted guy with some form of latent basketball talent. These guys have none. Let's trade all of them for shawn bradley.He's doing well under a real coach. do you think dallas will trade us bradley for nazr,marks and nesterovich next season? I sure hope so.

You must be a mavs.fan if you want all of these players for bradley

Spurs košarka kultura
04-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Let's trade all of them for shawn bradley.He's doing well under a real coach. do you think dallas will trade us bradley for nazr,marks and nesterovich next season? I sure hope so.

^The most pathetic bunch of words ever assembled on this post, Earl Boykins is a better 5 than Bradley. You have to be the most idiotic ( I hope for your sake blind) poster who has ever come on this board.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-02-2005, 09:20 PM
:depressed Here's what went down bro, UPS couldn't send them due to weight restrictions, then they freakin lost them!!!! So we had to send them by snail mail (sorry bout that) anyway they WILL get there eventually I promise, and yes I officially HATE UPS!!! Oh yeah and to top things off my e-mail is acting weird, anytime I send E20 an e-mail it comes out like this <yp> or something. Needless to say E20, usckk, Circles, Gino-is-God, and the Canadian (sorry forgot your name) YOU WILL GET YOUR WRISTBANDS.

GoSpurs21
04-02-2005, 11:06 PM
stupid thread....take any top player off the top teams and they will have 1st round exits

ChumpDumper
04-02-2005, 11:11 PM
I will say that most of our guards flat out suck when it comes to shooting on the road.

Pretty scary.

E20
04-02-2005, 11:18 PM
The dude was right he got roasted.
By several people.

Smackie Chan
04-03-2005, 02:36 AM
face it you guys need Keith van Horn, To bad the mighty mighty Dallas Mavericks have him.

You will see how much of an MVP he really is when he is holding up the 2005 NBA Championship trophy.

Who knows maybe next season you can trade old man Duncan to the mavericks and get him...

Spurs košarka kultura
04-03-2005, 02:48 AM
face it you guys need Keith van Horn, To bad the mighty mighty Dallas Mavericks have him.

You will see how much of an MVP he really is when he is holding up the 2005 NBA Championship trophy.

Who knows maybe next season you can trade old man Duncan to the mavericks and get him...

Smackie Chan always good for one hell of a laugh :lmao
Move this one to the classics