PDA

View Full Version : Basketball back in Seattle

sribb43
06-25-2009, 12:30 PM
What a slap in the face to the fans in Seattle...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nba/2009379800_blazers25.html

Seattle's KeyArena to host Blazers-Suns exhibition Oct. 14
It turns out the NBA is returning to Seattle next season after all. There's twist to this basketball story, however.

The Sonics, the city's former team, will remain in Oklahoma City as the Thunder and the league will stage an exhibition Oct. 14 at KeyArena between the Sonics' former Northwest rivals, the Portland Trail Blazers, and the Phoenix Suns.

A Blazers spokeswoman and a Seattle Center spokeswoman declined to comment. Blazers play-by-play announcer Brian Wheeler broke the news Tuesday on his KXL-AM radio show in Portland during an interview with KJR-AM radio host Mike Gastineau.

An NBA official confirmed a Blazers-Suns game in Seattle is set, but spoke on the condition of anonymity because the league officially releases schedules in late July or early August.

"It didn't surprise me that he said that. It surprises me that a game is coming here," Gastineau said. "I'm a little surprised that there's a move to play a game up here because it seems awfully raw still. It seems pretty quick to try to come back."

lefty
06-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Damn, it will be riots time

Ditty
06-25-2009, 12:44 PM
if i was seattle i would make a protest for no one to go to the game

JoeTait75
06-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Could be a way to gauge fan interest just in case a team is thinking about moving in the next couple of years. Testing the market and all.

manufan10
06-25-2009, 12:49 PM
At least it wasn't an OKC game. :wow

lefty
06-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Could be a way to gauge fan interest just in case a team is thinking about moving in the next couple of years. Testing the market and all.
Testing the market would be stupid

Sonics had a good fan base

sribb43
06-25-2009, 12:50 PM

test the market? They had a team there since 1967-2008

Darthkiller
06-25-2009, 12:51 PM
would be better if it's an OKC v Portland game. Durant v Oden