PDA

View Full Version : Portland At It Again

tlongII
06-25-2009, 03:14 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13055

Portland At It Again

Once again the Portland Trail Blazers have thrown a monkey wrench into everyone's mock drafts, though this time it came one the evening before the big event instead of in the middle of the whole thing.

In case you missed it, the Blazers traded picks with the Dallas Mavericks, moving up to 22 while sending 24 and 56 to Dallas. HOOPSWORLD has learned that Portland is targeting Omri Casspi, the 6'8" small forward who wants to be the first Israeli to play in the NBA, and that they had to jump above Sacramento, who was likely taking him at 23.

If you're taking stock, as we are, you'll notice that the Blazers seem to be stockpiling small forwards. They already have Nicolas Batum, Travis Outlaw and Martell Webster on their roster . . .meaning Casspi would be number four. There's been a lot of talk about the team possibly trading Outlaw, and while they've denied that, it's clear something's got to give at the three. The Blazers also have Magic free agent Hedo Turkoglu and Lakers free agent Trevor Ariza at three and four on their free agent board.

It's not a stretch to say the Blazers trade at least one of their small forwards in an effort to land one of the point guards they covet. Philadelphia free agent Andre Miller is at the top of their wish list, and we've heard rumblings that they may be close to a deal with Chicago for Kirk Hinrich, as well.

Other teams that have discussed drafting Casspi are the San Antonio Spurs, New Jersey Nets and Sacramento Kings, so the Blazers could be planning on dangling him to one of those teams as a potential trade piece. One thing's for sure - the Blazers aren't finished dealing. Not by a long shot.

sribb43
06-25-2009, 03:15 PM
No one cares

bigdog
06-25-2009, 03:15 PM
They're not dangling anything to the Spurs. If anything, they're doing this so the Spurs don't have a chance to get Casspi.

Muser
06-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Blazers want Hill for the pick.

No thanks.

ginobili's bald spot
06-25-2009, 03:16 PM
When I read "Portland at it again" I thought the thread was gonna be about drafting injury prone centers.

Muser
06-25-2009, 03:18 PM
When I read "Portland at it again" I thought the thread was gonna be about drafting injury prone centers.

:lmao

iggypop123
wtf they havent done anything. all the activity is from cle and orl

Mugen

lol.

gaKNOW!blee
06-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Why would you trade up for a guy before your guaranteed he is still there?

rayray2k8
06-25-2009, 03:20 PM
:sleep

Muser
06-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Why would you trade up for a guy before your guaranteed he is still there?

You're talking about a FO who drafted Oden ahead of Durant.

DeadlyDynasty
06-25-2009, 03:21 PM
:sleep

Ditty
06-25-2009, 03:22 PM
tlong your team is absolute joke

in 2 years your teams 2 best players will only be brandon roy and greg oden whith a bunch of draft pick contracts because your owner and gm thinks that will win championships but thank this guy also
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/buzzerbeater/dariusmiles.jpg

he screwed yalls future up

JamStone
06-25-2009, 03:22 PM
tlongII at it again... starting threads about the Blazers no one really cares about and inviting posters to poke fun at him.