View Full Version : The east is officially a lot better than the west

sook
06-25-2009, 04:22 PM
As of now, there are 4 juggernauts in the NBA

Lakers
Magic
Cavs
Celtics

3 of them reside in the eastern conference. The spurs could very well be but I can't say anything at this point.

Allanon
06-25-2009, 04:24 PM
With the RJ trade, there are 5 legit juggernauts. If the Rockets can figure out what they want to do, it could be 6.

But outside of that, #9 in the West is still better than the #4 in the East.

DeadlyDynasty
06-25-2009, 04:24 PM
As of now, there are 4 juggernauts in the NBA

Lakers
Magic
Cavs
Celtics

3 of them reside in the eastern conference. The spurs could very well be but I can't say anything at this point.
this was the case this past season as well.

sook
06-25-2009, 04:25 PM
With the RJ trade, there are 5 legit juggernauts. If the Rockets can figure out what they want to do, it could be 6.

But outside of that, the top 9 in the West are still better than the Top 9 in the East collectively.

Last season you could say that...but that was b.c everyone knew the cavs were overhyped and Orlando and boston were injured.

Apart from the lakers and spurs every other team is mediocre.

Muser
06-25-2009, 04:26 PM
With the way the trades are flowing there could be about 6/7 juggernauts.

Allanon
06-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Last season you could say that...but that was b.c everyone knew the cavs were overhyped and Orlando and boston were injured.

Apart from the lakers and spurs every other team is mediocre.

I changed it up a a bit. #9 in the West is still better than #4 in the East.

sook
06-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Yes, that is true. Well i guess it depends on which POV you look at it from.

HarlemHeat37
06-25-2009, 04:28 PM
The East was better last year too..

Yes, the #9 seed had a better record, but the worst teams in the NBA were all in the West..

Right now, I'd say the East has 3 of the top 4 title contenders in the NBA, assuming Boston stays healthy..the Spurs would be in the conversation if we add a big man, so we'll see what happens there..

the West is still going to have unbelievably horrible teams like Sacramento, LAC, and Minnesota..

z0sa
06-25-2009, 04:28 PM
The West is good, but not excellent all the way to

1. Lakers
2. Spurs (if we use MLE like Buford seems to be reasoning)
for now. This offseason already is filled with big moves so anything could happen.

The East is top heavy with no real second tier teams a move away from being a contender, the West has 2 top tier teams and many 2nd tier who could move into contention with the right moves.

Currently (this will change most likely):

1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Spurs
T-4. Cavaliers and Magic

Lakers and Celtics get the top nods for obvious reasons. Those two teams are the best in the League when healthy, but the competition has decidedly stiffened in a very short amount of time.

Spurs were one roster move away from major contender. By adding another big with the MLE like promised, the Spurs are one of the most experienced and talented teams in the L.

By acquiring Vince, the Magic may have one of the most talented sets of perimeter players ever. Nelson/Carter/Turkoglu/Lewis is scary indeed. If Howard continues improving along with a couple smaller roster moves, the magic just got even scarier.

Cavaliers with Shaq will be a season long project, but it could very well equate to a title.

HarlemHeat37
06-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Definitely not..we need a MLE big man, and a little more depth..

Allanon
Yes, that is true. Well i guess it depends on which POV you look at it from.

Yeah, this is a hard one. East obviously has 3 Top teams.

Also, in the West after #9 Suns, the West sucks pretty bad...worse than the scrub teams of the East.

JamStone
Agreed. Spurs are another serviceable to quality big man away from being a top 3 contender next season.

sook
06-25-2009, 04:32 PM
the magic are fucking scary.

And the cavs are finally legit in my book...uinless they implode.

Allanon
06-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Definitely not..we need a MLE big man, and a little more depth..

Cavs/Celtics/Magic ain't stopping Duncan/Manu/Parker/RJ. The Spurs need another coompetent Big to counter Lakers/Portland/Houston, that's it.

Mugen
06-25-2009, 04:34 PM
if we get a quality big then there are 5 legit powerhouses in the league.

In this order

1. Lakers
2. Magic
3. Spurs
4. Celtics
5. Cavs

gaKNOW!blee
06-25-2009, 04:34 PM
The west have the champions...and much deeper 1-8. As a conference they are better.

HarlemHeat37
06-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Cavs/Celtics/Magic ain't stopping Duncan/Manu/Parker/RJ. The Spurs need another coompetent Big to counter Lakers/Portland/Houston, that's it.

Well we need to get by the Lakers first, and that's the matchup the front office has to focus on..

DPG21920
Spurs are not anywhere close to a contender right now imo. They will be if they add another significant piece and stay healthy, but even then it is just about even.

dougp
Lakers
Spurs
Magic
Cavs
Celtics
Nuggets

Allanon
06-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Champions will be from the West again this year. Overall competition in the East is better through the bottom teams.

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets

1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Cavs
4. Heat
5. Who cares

HarlemHeat37
06-25-2009, 04:38 PM
The depth in the West is severely overrated..I wasn't impressed by ONE team outside of LA..and no, it wasn't a case of the Lakers being so good that they made everybody else look bad, because the Lakers clearly had their problems too..

it's easier to win 50 games when you're always playing horrible teams at the bottom..

bostonguy
06-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Celts havent made any moves. In fact they have a pissed off Rondo and Ray Allen isnt getting any younger. KG has health concerns and they still have to retain Glen Davis/Leon Powe plus try to look for a backup pg and a legit wing player. This team isnt exactly in all that good of shape.

DeadlyDynasty
06-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Celts havent made any moves. In fact they have a pissed off Rondo and Ray Allen isnt getting any younger. KG has health concerns and they still have to retain Glen Davis/Leon Powe plus try to look for a backup pg and a legit wing player. This team isnt exactly in all that good of shape.

With that being said, those are problems any team would like to have. The C's are still contenders. The worst thing they could've done though was piss Rondo off...the kid was really coming into his own. The triplets are aging, but the Celtics also have plenty of youth (Perk, Rondo, Davis, Powe). I think it's funny that both the Lakers and Celtics could retain their current lineups, yet still be overlooked because of all the trading this offseason.

Hornets1
06-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah, the east has 3 of the best 4 teams, but the west has the next 7 or 8.

Brazil
06-25-2009, 04:55 PM

Boston has still a strong big 4, healthy of course they are still in the tier 3 of the league. Shopping around Rondo was not the best idea of the decade, he is still young and maybe this can affect him. Anyway we will figure out soon how he will respond, it can be on a very positive way, see for instance parker after all the kidd talkings.

La Peace
06-25-2009, 05:20 PM
The best teams in the east got much better while the only news in the west is that we got Richard Jefferson. I'd say they are winning this off season.

z0sa
06-25-2009, 05:35 PM
The best teams in the east got much better while the only news in the west is that we got Richard Jefferson. I'd say they are winning this off season.

what kind of Lakerfan are you?

La Peace
06-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Talking about we as in the western elite.

noob cake
06-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Why the hell are Nuggets even mentioned.

There is no way the Nuggets are better than the Rockets, and the Rockets barring any major moves or completely healthy TMac aren't serioues contenders. Nuggets GTFO.

Lakers
Celtics
Cavs
Magic (Need to resign Hedo in luxury tax hell, or make room somehow)
Spurs (Need MLE big)

KSeal
06-25-2009, 05:52 PM
what kind of Lakerfan are you?

You're a dumbass.

z0sa
06-25-2009, 05:55 PM
You're a dumbass.

apparently a little ribbing (which he got) is too much for Defensive Angry Lakerfan.

again, tone down your anger issues when you're on a forum with thousands of others people. some of us are just fucking around.

KSeal
06-25-2009, 06:00 PM
apparently a little ribbing (which he got) is too much for Defensive Angry Lakerfan.

again, tone down your anger issues when you're on a forum with thousands of others people. some of us are just fucking around.

lol nice try, you're retarded.

z0sa
06-25-2009, 06:01 PM
lol nice try, you're retarded.

that's why I highlighted 'we' in pink. because I was serious. nothing to do with Lakerfan hating the spurs and vice versa. nothing to do with the spurs automatically being classed as elite by your own fanbase after many of your precious lakerfans just called us shitty, old and done pre-Jefferson trade.

KSeal
06-25-2009, 06:01 PM
that's why I highlighted 'we' in pink. dumbass.

You mad? :lmao

z0sa
06-25-2009, 06:02 PM
You mad? :lmao

nice try, you're a retard. :toast