PDA

View Full Version : How's Your New iPhone 3GS? Mine Is Horribly Slow

PM5K
06-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Anyone else get a new iPhone 3GS, if so how are your 3G speeds? Mine are horribly slow, less than 200 Kbits.

Heath Ledger
06-25-2009, 07:01 PM
It's not the 3gs thats slow its the network in general selling 75 million iphones will tend to create some problems until the rollout of the faster network. It's already started testing in a few cities, hang in there and things will hopefully be golden, the 3gs is equipped with a new antenna for the 7.2 or 7.5mbps upgrade coming soon.

By the way just got my 32gig 3gs today. Muy impressed what a difference in speed in general, (loading apps etc)

Can't wait for some 3gs jailbreak software.

resistanze
06-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Fucking shitty Canadian companies didn't have enough stock. I ordered on Monday, won't prolly get 'till next week.

PM5K
06-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah I checked at the AT&T store and apparently it's a network issue, but I wouldn't say it's due to how many they sold, whatever the number may be it's spread throughout the country.

Also, we aren't talking about being a little slow, we're talking about less than half the speed of Edge, everyone in San Antonio would have had to have gotten one for that to happen (exaggeration obviously).

Heath Ledger
06-25-2009, 10:44 PM
I got the INCASE Power Slider that charges your ipod while its in the case, its pretty bad ass. The bluetooth stereo headphones are the shit as well.

PixelPusher
06-26-2009, 12:14 AM
AT&T sucks demon rectum. They want everyone to buy their exclusively offered iPhone with a contract, but they shit their pants anytime someone actually uses it.

ElNono
06-26-2009, 11:14 AM
I was going to tell you to reset your network settings, since there's a known issue when upgrading from 2.2.1 to 3.0 that sometimes caused the phone to slow down considerably. But since the 3GS should come with 3.0 pre-installed, I guess this does not apply.

lefty
06-26-2009, 12:54 PM
There are a lot of rumors about the Iphone being offered by toher providers than A TT (in the States) and Roger/Fido (Canada)