PDA

View Full Version : DeJuan Blair fell alot..

Gutter92
06-25-2009, 09:47 PM
any1 know why he fell so much? And what are the odds we take him? he's got good wingspan...and is a tough guy.

urunobili
06-25-2009, 09:49 PM
you needed you own fucking thread for this? :pctoss

Gutter92
06-25-2009, 09:51 PM
:)

Sense
06-25-2009, 09:51 PM

lol OWNED.

Gutter92
06-25-2009, 09:52 PM
heh, i was hoping we'd be able to get him...iirc he has something like a 7foot wingspan or something lol...

kromediablo
06-25-2009, 09:55 PM
any1 know why he fell so much? And what are the odds we take him? he's got good wingspan...and is a tough guy.

well hes now on the spurs. we dont need another malik rose!!!

DMX7
06-25-2009, 09:56 PM

PWNED much?

Spurtacus
06-25-2009, 09:56 PM
two ACL surgeries

Nathan Explosion
06-25-2009, 09:58 PM
He's 6'7" and 277 lbs. Need I say more. I thought the Spurs wanted someone who could matchup with Gasol and Odom (assuming he's coming back) in addition to Bynum.

6'7" isn't going to cut it, no matter how long the wingspan, not against guys who are 6'10"-7ft, who also have long arms.

EricB
06-25-2009, 10:04 PM
He's 6'7" and 277 lbs. Need I say more. I thought the Spurs wanted someone who could matchup with Gasol and Odom (assuming he's coming back) in addition to Bynum.

6'7" isn't going to cut it, no matter how long the wingspan, not against guys who are 6'10"-7ft, who also have long arms.

You really expect to draft a guy like that at pick 37 of the draft?

Really?

exstatic
06-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Typical. Spurs fan bitches when lottery talent, and the best collegiate rebounder of the last 10 years falls in our lap.

MaNu4Tres
06-25-2009, 10:05 PM
typical. Spurs fan bitches when lottery talent, and the best collegiate rebounder of the last 10 years falls in our lap.

+1

coyotes_geek
06-25-2009, 10:06 PM
He fell just enough.........

Darkwaters
06-25-2009, 10:07 PM
You really expect to draft a guy like that at pick 37 of the draft?

Really?

Yea, my thoughts exactly. This guy could be a steal...stop bitching.

Matching up against Gasol isn't something most NBA first rounders do well...let alone the 37 pick. It's a crapshoot down here. But this guy was supposed to go 13 on some mocks...he could be a valuable pickup.

celldweller
06-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Meet DuJuan Blair

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/19861667/detail.html

timvp
06-25-2009, 10:09 PM
This was a very good pick. Great gamble.

Complaining about a lottery talent in the second round is lame. If he had ACLs, he would have been long gone.

You take the risk that his knees hold up for just three or four years. He probably won't be able to last 8 or 10 years but who cares if you are the Spurs?

timvp
This was a very good pick. Great gamble.

Complaining about a lottery talent in the second round is lame. If he had ACLs, he would have been long gone.

You take the risk that his knees hold up for just three or four years. He probably won't be able to last 8 or 10 years but who cares if you are the Spurs?

pad300

Gasol and Odom would give Blair trouble, yes. They both have perimeter jumpshots. Bynum on the other hand, is going to have the same issues Shaq had with Malik Rose. Blair's center of gravity is lower, and Blair may well be stronger (same weight, but shorter - more muscle, less bone). As a result, Blair will win the battle for Post position a lot of the time...

TimDunkem
Some people are so ungrateful. He's a great talent. FIRST ROUND TALENT!

Lackluster
06-25-2009, 10:10 PM
i think 6'7"s perfect depending on where you want him, good for a SF. like a bonzi wells kinda box you out rebounder, being big bodied. and bonzi's 6'5'' 210, another bigger SF, ime udoka, 6'5" 220... blair's a solid 6'7" 265. and to be a 15 pt 12 reb guy :wow maybe get those udoka small ball minutes at the 4

TimDunkem
06-25-2009, 10:10 PM
i think 6'7"s perfect depending on where you want him, good for a SF. like a bonzi wells kinda box you out rebounder, being big bodied. and bonzi's 6'5'' 210, another bigger SF, ime udoka, 6'5" 220... blair's a solid 6'7" 265. and to be a 15 pt 12 reb guy :wow maybe get those udoka small ball minutes at the 4

He's a PF.

cheney212
06-25-2009, 10:12 PM
why are we bitching we got a good solid pick at 37!

z0sa
06-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Agree. The guy can score in the post and is a great rebounder. I would have loved for us to have Gotten a big but hes a steal at 37. The guy could be our post score on the second unit, and gives us toughness inside we lacked the last few years........great pick!

we did get a big.

put simply, people bitchin' need STFU. There's really no gamble taken on a second round pick, especially one like this.

DMX7
06-25-2009, 10:15 PM
We could have drafted Blake Griffin at #37 and people would be complaining.

Sean Cagney
06-25-2009, 10:16 PM
why are we bitching we got a good solid pick at 37!

Spurs fans bytch about everything it seems :lol:lol. Some are never happy.

I bet some even found a way to bytch about getting Jefferson.

Scola
06-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Chad Ford:
"Are you kidding me? How do these guys fall into San Antonio's lap? Tony Parker at 29? Ginobili late in the second? Now Blair here? This is a great pick for the Spurs. He may be able to start in San Antonio if Duncan plays the 5. This late in the draft, his knee issues aren't really much of a risk -- he's just a really cheap rebounder. The Spurs are getting an A+ tonight."
http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/round?draftyear=2009&round=2&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fround%3fdraftyear%3d2009 %26round%3d2

ulosturedge
06-25-2009, 10:17 PM
two ACL surgeries

I've actually had both my ACLs replaced lol. I think he will be fine. I haven't had problems since and they feel much stronger then my original acls lol. The only thing is your knees might not fire off as quick as they use too, but if he has been playing on reconstructed ACls then he is what he has been in his basketball career. The only thing is he weights a bit more then me, but his legs are probably bigger also so it should even out lol. Well and he's lost weight so that should help also.

cheney212
06-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Spurs fans bytch about everything it seems :lol:lol. Some are never happy.

I bet some even found a way to bytch about getting Jefferson.

this is rediculous we ask for changes and when we change we bitch when we just stole a pick and got richard jefferson!

Gutter92
06-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Height w/o shoes: 6'5.25"
Height w/ shoes: 6'6.5"
Wingspan: 7'2"
Standing reach: 8'10.5"

spursparker9
06-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Chad Ford:
"Are you kidding me? How do these guys fall into San Antonio's lap? Tony Parker at 29? Ginobili late in the second? Now Blair here? This is a great pick for the Spurs. He may be able to start in San Antonio if Duncan plays the 5. This late in the draft, his knee issues aren't really much of a risk -- he's just a really cheap rebounder. The Spurs are getting an A+ tonight."
http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/round?draftyear=2009&round=2&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fround%3fdraftyear%3d2009 %26round%3d2

chad ford is saying everyone is a great pick by whichever team that draft them

Obstructed_View
06-25-2009, 10:22 PM
I've heard people wondering if the Spurs are going to trade him. I think the super quick pick was a statement that the Spurs are excited to have him.

mingus
06-25-2009, 10:23 PM
anybody w/ two ACL surgeries scares me ... rememember, the wear and tear of an 82+ game season and playoffs is something he hasn't experienced . how will his knees holed up ? that's the gamble the Spurs took .

i don't know much about the guy . for anyone who's familiar with him: who would you compare him to in the NBA (if there's anyone) ? what do you think he'll be able to contribute to the Spurs ?

mingus
06-25-2009, 10:25 PM
my impression of him is he's like a Malik Rose/ Evans (maurice??? can't remember his name, but he's the guy who grabbed Kaman's balls lol) ? are these good comparisons ?

DPG21920
06-25-2009, 10:26 PM
anybody w/ two ACL surgeries scares me ... rememember, the wear and tear of an 82+ game season and playoffs is something he hasn't experienced . how will his knees holed up ? that's the gamble the Spurs took .

i don't know much about the guy . for anyone who's familiar with him: who would you compare him to in the NBA (if there's anyone) ? what do you think he'll be able to contribute to the Spurs ?

Glen Baby Davis or If he really works hard, loses weight he can be Millsap.

itzsoweezee
06-25-2009, 10:27 PM
can't believe hansborough is a fucking lottery pick while blair landed in our laps in the second round. gotta love the moronic gms that make the nba draft worth watching.

TimDunkem
06-25-2009, 10:28 PM
my impression of him is he's like a Malik Rose/ Evans (maurice??? can't remember his name, but he's the guy who grabbed Kaman's balls lol) ? are these good comparisons ?

Reggie Evans? Blair is better than both Rose and Evans in my opinion. Especially offensively.

rascal
Excellent pick.

He is a beast down low, a very active body, will go get the rebound and has a nice touch around the basket, good finisher and plays with heart, just what the spurs need. The spurs got good value where they got him.

Scola
BDL 2009 NBA Mock Draft: Pick No. 13, Pacers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/BDL-2009-NBA-Mock-Draft-Pick-No-13-Pacers?urn=nba,172035)

"Blair’s career will fall somewhere along the broad continuum between Charles Barkley and Tractor Traylor."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/BDL-2009-NBA-Mock-Draft-Pick-No-13-Pacers?urn=nba,172035

spurspokesman
He is our best second option. Has more heart than bonner and we actually seen him play (Mahinmi?) he will contribute. Big East baby. Believe it.

Leetonidas
06-25-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't see why people are complaining about his size. Yes, he is 6'7", but with Tim anchoring the paint he should fine. He has one hell of an impressive wingspan for his size. And remember, Scola is barely two inches taller...

rascal
I've heard people wondering if the Spurs are going to trade him. I think the super quick pick was a statement that the Spurs are excited to have him.

I don't see the spurs trading him. They need his energy down low and an enforcer.

spurspokesman
He is our best second option. Has more heart than bonner and we actually seen him play (Mahinmi?) he will contribute. Big East baby. Believe it.
He has more injuries than mahinmi and has remained healthier and played more basketball as of late.:lol

TimDunkem
06-25-2009, 10:31 PM
:toast I wasn't aware the Spurs were picking, then I hear "SA chooses DeJaun Blair", I almost spit out my beer. :wow

mingus
06-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Reggie Evans? Blair is better than both Rose and Evans in my opinion. Especially offensively.

there you go ... Reggie Evans is who i was alluding to thanks ...

sounds like he can be a rotation player then.

Agloco
06-25-2009, 10:33 PM

6'7" 277lbs doesn't play the 3.

He's a small four. His wingspan will help him defend other PF's effectively. The only question is his lateral quickness with those knees.

rayray2k8
06-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Bad knees.

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2009, 11:00 PM

his from realgm lol

TimDunkem
06-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Bad knees.
Not really. He's been cleared by his doctors and measured out well in workouts.

ivanfromwestwood
06-25-2009, 11:23 PM
what does this mean for GIST!!!!!!!!!

xellos88330
06-25-2009, 11:35 PM

Well from what I saw in the draft video after he was selected, he damn near ripped off Thabeets' arm fighting for a rebound. Fat lotta good a bum arm will do Gasol in the heat of hardwood battle.

jj cain
06-25-2009, 11:39 PM
The injuries were in high school and he managed to be the Big East player of the year, 1st team AA, runner up for national player of the year, etc.

You can't do much better with the 36th pick, especially when he fills a big need, rebounder/enforcer.

Chomag
06-25-2009, 11:39 PM
He has been on those knees since highschool, and it didn't seem to effect him in collage. He is a risk yes but at 37 you just cant go wrong. If he stays healthy he will be a beast if he doesn't we did not lose much. The good totally outweighs the bad here.

Nathan Explosion
06-25-2009, 11:57 PM
The thing is, taking it to Thabeet, an overrated second pick if there ever was one is one thing, taking it to Gasol, who's made a HUGE leap in the past two years from perennial all-star to bonafide superstar is quite another. (By the way, saying I'm not a Laker fan is an understatement.)

If we got Blake Griffin at 37, I wouldn't bitch. The guy's a legit 6'10" who can jump out of the building, and is all muscle. Plus, he has good knees.

A guy who weighs as much as Blair does on two bad knees is a bit scary. To ignore that is foolish.

The splash I'd really like to see at big man is Tiago Splitter first and foremost. After that, a cagey veteran who can play some D and is tough in the interior would be my preference. I'm just saying, some scouts are smarter than you think they are, and if something is legitimately wrong with Blair, they'd know about it. Just because mock drafts have him going high doesn't mean he's the real deal. He needs to prove it, and until he does, I remain dubious.

All I ask is that he prove me wrong come April, May, and hopefully June.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2009, 12:01 AM
The thing is, taking it to Thabeet, an overrated second pick if there ever was one is one thing, taking it to Gasol, who's made a HUGE leap in the past two years from perennial all-star to bonafide superstar is quite another. (By the way, saying I'm not a Laker fan is an understatement.)

If we got Blake Griffin at 37, I wouldn't bitch. The guy's a legit 6'10" who can jump out of the building, and is all muscle. Plus, he has good knees.

A guy who weighs as much as Blair does on two bad knees is a bit scary. To ignore that is foolish.

The splash I'd really like to see at big man is Tiago Splitter first and foremost. After that, a cagey veteran who can play some D and is tough in the interior would be my preference. I'm just saying, some scouts are smarter than you think they are, and if something is legitimately wrong with Blair, they'd know about it. Just because mock drafts have him going high doesn't mean he's the real deal. He needs to prove it, and until he does, I remain dubious.

All I ask is that he prove me wrong come April, May, and hopefully June.

The odds of getting a guy who can contribute at 37 aren't all that great. The odds of getting a guy who can potentially compete for a starting spot and really help your team immediately are horrible. Of course there are concerns, but you aren't seriously questioning the wisdom of the pick, are you?

Tully365
06-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Yesterday, Draft Express had him ranked as the 11th best player in the entire draft. End of story. Great, great pick for the Spurs.

Nathan Explosion
06-26-2009, 12:10 AM
The odds of getting a guy who can contribute at 37 aren't all that great. The odds of getting a guy who can potentially compete for a starting spot and really help your team immediately are horrible. Of course there are concerns, but you aren't seriously questioning the wisdom of the pick, are you?

I'm not questioning the wisdom of the pick. I just refuse to get as excited as everyone here, especially when we're discussing a guy who's undersized, overweight for his size (unless he's a tight end), has two bad knees and is expected to play an 82 game schedule plus more (over 100 games is what we expect in San Antonio every year).

Remember, the goal isn't to win games, it's to win games that matter most, in the playoffs. And if the Spurs are to achieve the ultimate goal, they'll have to go to the Lakers, as much as us Spurs fans hate to say that.

And going through LA means matching the Lakers size. Unlike the masses, I fail to see how this pick helps in that regard. If he's to be the immediate frontcourt help that you all claim to be, then I'm a bit worried.

The Big East isn't the NBA folks. Thabeet isn't Gasol or KG or Dwight or Amare, and so on and so forth. So I just ask one thing of Blair, go out and prove it. Is that so wrong?

Nathan Explosion
06-26-2009, 12:12 AM
Yesterday, Draft Express had him ranked as the 11th best player in the entire draft. End of story. Great, great pick for the Spurs.

I once saw a draft expert panel claim Ryan Leaf was as good as Peyton Manning. Hell, just recently people claimed that Darko was a better pick than Wade or Carmelo.

Fact is, these experts aren't as right as they claim to be.

You know Dick Vitale claimed Stephen Curry would be the Rookie of the Year? And he's supposed to be a college b-ball expert too.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm not questioning the wisdom of the pick. I just refuse to get as excited as everyone here, especially when we're discussing a guy who's undersized, overweight for his size (unless he's a tight end), has two bad knees and is expected to play an 82 game schedule plus more (over 100 games is what we expect in San Antonio every year).

The thing is, he's not undersized, based on his standing reach and wingspan. He's not overweight for his size, when you compare him to NBA players, and he has two surgically repaired knees, not two "bad" knees. He's also 20 years old, and any problems he might have with his knees are most likely several years down the road. The biggest risk is to the length of his career, not to the quality of his play before it becomes a factor.

Nathan Explosion
06-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Tim is 6'11" 260. The only guys that were his height and size that I can think of off the top of my head are Lebron, Karl Malone and Chuck. Is this guy an athletic freak like those guys?

When I see 6'7" 277lbs, I think of guys like Oliver Miller (6'9" 315 lb) and Tractor Traylor (6'8" 284 lb).

Again, being that I'm a realist, I remain cautious.

All he has to do is go out and show it on the court against the best talent in the world and I'll be happy.

Nathan Explosion
06-26-2009, 12:37 AM
Am I the only one who gets a bit worried when I see a guy being compared to Malik Rose and Reggie Evans? That doesn't scare anyone? Really?

Obstructed_View
06-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Tim is 6'11" 260. The only guys that were his height and size that I can think of off the top of my head are Lebron, Karl Malone and Chuck. Is this guy an athletic freak like those guys?

When I see 6'7" 277lbs, I think of guys like Oliver Miller (6'9" 315 lb) and Tractor Traylor (6'8" 284 lb).

Again, being that I'm a realist, I remain cautious.

All he has to do is go out and show it on the court against the best talent in the world and I'll be happy.

ESPN had him listed as 6'7" 265, which is a long fucking way from 315 lbs.

Nathan Explosion
06-26-2009, 12:49 AM
I got the 6'7" 277 lbs from ESPN as well. Clicked on the link on his name when he was drafted. How about being 7 lbs from 284? No mention there? By the way, in the NBA 6'7" is also a long way from 6'9". Especially when those 6'9" guys have long wingspans like they tend to do in the NBA.

No ACLs over 82 games plus playoffs is a concern. Undersized PF is a concern. Overweight is a concern. Count me as concerned, that's all.

And finally, remember, this is the NBA, not the Big East. The best play here. And if he needs a reminder, all he has to do is look at his teammate, the one with the 21 on his jersey who practically hung those 4 banners in the rafters.

This is the big time now, and what he did in college means squat. The Spurs need him to show it, not have the fans talk about it.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2009, 01:57 AM
I got the 6'7" 277 lbs from ESPN as well. Clicked on the link on his name when he was drafted. How about being 7 lbs from 284? No mention there? By the way, in the NBA 6'7" is also a long way from 6'9". Especially when those 6'9" guys have long wingspans like they tend to do in the NBA.

No ACLs over 82 games plus playoffs is a concern. Undersized PF is a concern. Overweight is a concern. Count me as concerned, that's all.

And finally, remember, this is the NBA, not the Big East. The best play here. And if he needs a reminder, all he has to do is look at his teammate, the one with the 21 on his jersey who practically hung those 4 banners in the rafters.

This is the big time now, and what he did in college means squat. The Spurs need him to show it, not have the fans talk about it.

I agree with all that, but the Spurs got a guy with lottery talent at 37, and you're bitching before he's even assigned a number.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2009, 01:59 AM
How about being 7 lbs from 284? No mention there?

I didn't really think it worth mentioning, particularly since Robert Traylor is still playing basketball, despite having been overweight his entire life.

Nathan Explosion
06-26-2009, 02:04 AM
I agree with all that, but the Spurs got a guy with lottery talent at 37, and you're bitching before he's even assigned a number.

If you call this bitching, then I'd make you all cry if you worked with me and I had to make you all do something. I thought the guys I worked with were sensitive (the girls I work with have thicker skin).

Bitching is irrationally saying the guy sucks. What I said was not to get extremely excited about a 6'7" PF who's overweight for his size, has essentially no ACLs and who's being compared to Malik Rose and Reggie Evans.

Those aren't reasons to be cautious instead of head over heels in love?

Nathan Explosion
06-26-2009, 02:05 AM
I didn't really think it worth mentioning, particularly since Robert Traylor is still playing basketball, despite having been overweight his entire life.

In Turkey no less, not the NBA. Big, big difference.

EricB
06-26-2009, 02:06 AM
If you call this bitching, then I'd make you all cry if you worked with me and I had to make you all do something. I thought the guys I worked with were sensitive (the girls I work with have thicker skin).

Bitching is irrationally saying the guy sucks. What I said was not to get extremely excited about a 6'7" PF who's overweight for his size, has essentially no ACLs and who's being compared to Malik Rose and Reggie Evans.

Those aren't reasons to be cautious instead of head over heels in love?

Getting lottery talent in the second round isn't?

Bravo for you if you can find something bad in that.

EricB
06-26-2009, 02:07 AM

So now were quantifying professional, got it.

Nathan Explosion
06-26-2009, 02:12 AM
So now were quantifying professional, got it.

When talking quality, yes. If you get played to play in a Rec league game, you're technically a professional. A ringer at that, but a professional nonetheless.

As for finding something bad in a lottery talent at 37, lottery talent in a poor draft isn't saying too too much now is it?

BTW, seeing as how I'm studying to be a spin doctor, I can go all night finding ways to spin good out of bad or bad out of good. Just to let you know.

But I also have some sleep to get before tomorrow so I can enjoy my day off.

EricB
06-26-2009, 02:16 AM
When talking quality, yes. If you get played to play in a Rec league game, you're technically a professional. A ringer at that, but a professional nonetheless.

As for finding something bad in a lottery talent at 37, lottery talent in a poor draft isn't saying too too much now is it?

BTW, seeing as how I'm studying to be a spin doctor, I can go all night finding ways to spin good out of bad or bad out of good. Just to let you know.

But I also have some sleep to get before tomorrow so I can enjoy my day off.

Lottery talent is lottery talent.

In a bad draft or good draft, getting it at 37 is freaking awesome.

Whatever though, your the only one I've ever seen that hates getting lottery talent in the second round.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2009, 02:20 AM

No, it involves running and jumping and having knees. You mentioned his weight as though it has something to do with his knees, and acted like you'd caught me in a lie when I called you out for comparing him to Oliver Miller (he weighed 315 during his comeback, not when he was a good NBA player).

Robert Traylor is ten years older than Blair, heavier than Blair, and is still playing pro basketball for a living. Traylor being in Europe has to do with his talent level. If Blair has no talent, then we'll have something to agree about. Still doesn't mean the Spurs were wrong to pick him.

This issue simply can't be debated until you see how he does, because time's going to be the only thing that determines if he's fat and has bad knees. Either stop being a pussy and make a case that the Spurs should have passed on him, or shut up about it, because you sound like you're just trying to get your whining down on the record in case he fails so you can tell everybody how fucking smart you are.

raspsa
06-26-2009, 02:21 AM
Trust the Spurs FO. They did their due dilligence, consulted the specialists... they know a lot more about Blair and yjey think he's an acceptable risk. The upside is so much greater than the downside IMO.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2009, 02:23 AM
Trust the Spurs FO. They did their due dilligence, consulted the specialists... they know a lot more about Blair and yjey think he's an acceptable risk. The upside is so much greater than the downside IMO.

The downside is the Spurs got both guys they wanted at 37 and ended up with an extra pick, where they took a risky lottery player. If Blair steps in front of a bus tomorrow, this draft is a success.

timvp
06-26-2009, 02:26 AM
There's no way Blair's a bad pick. Less than 10% of second round picks ever make it. In five years, under 5% of second round picks are still in the league. I'd say Blair's chances of staying healthy and being able to make it around above 10%, so it's a good pick.

Bottom line. If the Spurs had passed on LeBron or Dwight Howard at 37, that'd be different. But they absolutely got the player with the highest ceiling who was left on the board. That's all you can really ask. Risk? Yes. But there's also a relatively huge reward if his knees hold up and he can adjust.

afireinside20
06-26-2009, 02:31 AM
I say this guy will be great, he has a warrior type mentality in him. He's what the Spurs could definetely use, toughness, and energy. Sure he's undersized at 6ft 7, but look at players like Barkley and Elton Brand, they could do it with their lack of height, I'm not saying he's as great as them, but he's going to kick some ass for us.

mathbzh
06-26-2009, 02:54 AM
I don't care about his size. With a 8'10.5 reach he is long enough.

Of course there are concerns about his conditioning, his knees... but grab a talent like that with the 37th pick is amazing.

The comment about Blair not being able to defend on Gasol is rather stupid.
Gasol is one of these efficient players who will do their things regardless of who he matches up with. In 4 playoffs series he has been incredibly consistent despite the different kind of players he had to deal with.
How can you expect a 37th pick to deal with Gasol?

TimDunkem
06-26-2009, 02:57 AM
I don't care about his size. With a 8'10.5 reach he is long enough.

Of course there are concerns about his conditioning, his knees... but grab a talent like that with the 37th pick is amazing.

The comment about Blair not being able to defend on Gasol is rather stupid.
Gasol is one of these efficient players who will do their things regardless of who he matches up with. In 4 playoffs series he has been incredibly consistent despite the different kind of players he had to deal with.
How can you expect a 37th pick to deal with Gasol?
How do people for get what's in bold? Yeah, he's 6,7 (and tough as nails no less.) , but this guy can reach over the rim standing upright! :wow

HarlemHeat37
06-26-2009, 03:39 AM
he's the fucking 37th pick!!!..

to be honest, I wasn't expecting us to draft ANYBODY that would make the rotation this year..I wouldn't have really cared if the front office didn't do anything tonight..the RJ trade and getting a good starting big man would be enough for me..

getting a guy that can contribute as a good role player with the 37th pick is better than anybody could have expected..if he's a bust, it doesn't change anything at all for the Spurs..

Spurm
06-26-2009, 03:52 AM
Just Die already

ivanfromwestwood
06-26-2009, 03:57 AM
Just Die alreadyhey spurm breath.why dont you go back to condom you dripped out of. fucking hater!

Obstructed_View
06-26-2009, 04:04 AM
Blair just basically gave the Spurs back the draft pick they gave up for Kurt Thomas. Not a bad night's work.

Bruno
06-26-2009, 04:13 AM
So, at the end, it's Tragic for Hairston + Blair + $500K. :smokin

TimDunkem
06-26-2009, 04:24 AM

Sweet deal. :hat

spursbird
06-26-2009, 04:26 AM
If he had ACLs, he would have been long gone.

Can anyone tell me if He has ACLs? Or are his ACLs just injured?

TimDunkem
06-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Can anyone tell me if He has ACL? Or is his ACL just injured?

Reconstructed. This was back in high school.

sexinthatsx
06-26-2009, 04:32 AM
Can anyone tell me if He has ACLs? Or are his ACLs just injured?

You can't play basketball on a torn ACL... you will hyperextend your knee every time you jump. He has 2 surgically repaired knees, and he can play basketball just fine. He's been doing so for 2 years now, and will continue doing so

Obstructed_View
06-26-2009, 04:45 PM
They said something about the body absorbing the scar tissue and taking the ACLs with it. Hines Ward has the same condition, and he seems to do okay.

SonOfAGun
06-26-2009, 04:49 PM
As long as he isn't a pussy in the paint what is to bitch about? The dude could be 5'11 and still put more effort in the paint than your average Spurs big man!

The man has bionic knees and still busts his ass on the court every game achieving great success? That's the guy I want on my team.

urunobili
06-26-2009, 05:23 PM

:lol can i have this as my sig?