PDA

View Full Version : Is Sheed now a go with Blair?

Buddy Holly
06-25-2009, 10:55 PM
I mean, now we have someone who can either start at 4 with Tim at 5 or back Tim up at 4.

So if they sign Sheed does his age not become such a big factor?

DAF86
06-25-2009, 11:04 PM
A rotation of -Tony/Hill - Manu/Jefferson/Mason - Duncan/that Blair guy (sorry I don't follow college basketball)/Wallace/Mahinmi- doesn't sound old to me, so yeah I say get him.

timvp
06-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Blair is just gravy. Doesn't change anything.

Knoxxx
06-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Gortat first choice, maybe even full MLE for him, then Wallace. We MUST HAVE SHOT BLOCKING, although there is a chance Ian gives us some of that.

Spurs16212
06-25-2009, 11:07 PM
I rather get Gooden or Powe.....

mookie2001
06-25-2009, 11:08 PM
who knew?
argentines dont follow college basketball

jermaine
06-25-2009, 11:09 PM
i dont know about all that but that Jack McClition dude. Man he looks like he can shoot lights out on Youtube. :king

DAF86
Blair is just gravy. Doesn't change anything.

Who do you think and/or wish the Spurs'll end up signing?

Mugen
Sheed is the final piece to #5.

DAF86
06-25-2009, 11:11 PM
who knew?
argentines dont follow college basketball

Hey, look! the xenophobic guy! How are you man?

Chieflion
06-25-2009, 11:28 PM
i dont know about all that but that Jack McClition dude. Man he looks like he can shoot lights out on Youtube. :king
And that running floater.

thekingrobert
06-25-2009, 11:30 PM

I live in Miami and have seen him play live he can shoot

Marcus Bryant
06-25-2009, 11:32 PM
If Blair and Mahinmi can make the bigman rotation next season, that will be huge.

jermaine
06-25-2009, 11:43 PM
I swear I cant sleep now. This Blair dude. I watched the game where he Bitched Tabet or whatever his name is. I swear im to hype. I get up at 4am to go to work! If we get Gist an the backstabber Next yr, OMG we will be one of the youngest teamswith major talent. Have ya'll thought about that. Hill, Gist, Splitter, Mahi, McClinton, Jefferson, Mason, Parker, Duncan (coming off the bench), Manu, Blair, and whoever else. If Pop can bring them youngsters up he could start a whole new Spurs era!

tp2021
06-26-2009, 12:42 AM
If we sign Sheed we will have an answer for every front court in the NBA.

:wow :wow :wow :wow :wow

xtremesteven33
06-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Parker/Hill
Ginobili/Mason
Jefferson/Gist
Duncan/Blair
Wallace/Mahinmi

:wow

z0sa
06-26-2009, 12:44 AM
if we sign Sheed, we are the best team in the NBA.

on paper

HarlemHeat37
06-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Like I said before..if everything goes as planned, we're actually going to have a good amount of youth, and age isn't a significant issue..

Parker/Mason/Jefferson are in their late 20s, which is still young..Hill/Mahinmi/Blair are all young..then there's the possibility of having Gist/Hairston or Williams/McClinton at the end of the bench..

age will NOT be an issue next year..

Rasheed Wallace makes this team the best in the NBA, I truly believe that..let's hope he believes the same thing..

bigdog
06-26-2009, 12:47 AM
I think Blair can come in right away and contribute...now, if Mahinmi can contribute, then wow, just WOW.....plus, if they add a FA legit big? Insane.

Death In June
06-26-2009, 12:49 AM
I hope we retain Gooden and sign Sheed. That would stoke my basketball boner until the season starts.

xtremesteven33
06-26-2009, 12:50 AM
ARsggGSHhSS its gonna be a long summer :(

Cant wait for next season

bigdog
06-26-2009, 12:51 AM
I hope we retain Gooden and sign Sheed. That would stoke my basketball boner until the season starts.

If somehow they just happened to get BOTH of them, that would be fucking huge. If both of them want in, I hope one of them takes the LLE.

z0sa
06-26-2009, 12:52 AM
I think Blair can come in right away and contribute...now, if Mahinmi can contribute, then wow, just WOW.....plus, if they add a FA legit big? Insane.

Pop is going to have his hands full this season, especially coaching the rookies (that's Ian, too). Ian and Blair will probably be fighting over the 4th big spot, if Bonner is the 3rd.

Budkin
06-26-2009, 12:56 AM
I follow the Magic as well and someone on one of their boards said it's down to the Spurs or Magic for Sheed. He's gotta pick the Spurs.

bigdog
06-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Gooden will likely walk if we sign Sheed. But I think that will be alright because we would have enough scorers on the roster.

But imagine this possible front line depth:

Duncan, Jefferson, Blair, Ian, Sheed, Splitter, Gist, Bonner.

If we can sign Splitter, Sheed and Gist. :elephant

And Ian can maybe be a good big man.

That would be a dream come true :flag:

Borosai
06-26-2009, 01:40 AM
Parker - Hill
Ginobili - Mason - McClinton
Jefferson - (Hairston/Williams?) - (Finley?)
Duncan - Blair - Gist
(F.A. Center) - Mahinmi - Bonner

That F.A. big is the key. If the Spurs land a "sure thing" at that position, they'll be in very good shape next year.

Championship!

EricB
06-26-2009, 01:42 AM
I think he knows that out of the three teams he can sign with (Cavs, Magic, Spurs) the Spurs would be the best fit for him. The Magic already have a shooting forward, and lets be honest they have no chance in hell of signing him unless the Pistons do a sign and trade. Plus I don't think the Magic would be a good fit. The Cavs I can see making a strong move for Sheed, but in the end I think the Spurs will offer maybe the most money and a better role.

More on the magic, I think they should sign Fran Vasquez. This might make Gortat easier to sign if Sheed is not going to sign with us.

Isn't Fran the one who was "overwhelmed" at the thought of playing in America?

rayray2k8
06-26-2009, 01:48 AM
Parker/Hill
Ginobili/Mason
Jefferson/Gist
Duncan/Blair
Wallace/Mahinmi

That right there... Is not impossible. O_O

Avitus1
06-26-2009, 02:18 AM
Honestly if we get Sheed I'd lose my damn mind.

urunobili
06-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Parker - Hill
Ginobili - Mason - McClinton
Jefferson - (Hairston/Williams?) - (Finley?)
Duncan - Blair - Gist
(F.A. Center) - Mahinmi - Bonner

This looks good...

rascal
06-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Pop is going to have his hands full this season, especially coaching the rookies (that's Ian, too). Ian and Blair will probably be fighting over the 4th big spot, if Bonner is the 3rd.

Blair should push Bonner down the big man rotation.

spurspokesman
06-26-2009, 08:38 AM
Bonner should be fighting for A spot. I think blair will out do him. Or it will bring the beast out of bonner(if there is one in him).I'm fine with either.

spurspokesman
06-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Blair should push Bonner down the big man rotation.
:lolYup. Right at the end of the pine wood.

spursfan1000
06-26-2009, 09:21 AM
As much as I would love to have Sheed as our Center I don't think it will happen, I hope the Spurs give Ian Mahhammi a chance to prove him self,hes only around 22 years old.

Rummpd
06-26-2009, 09:22 AM
If Spurs get RW with this roster plan the parade - there will be tests like LAL and Orlando/Cleveland/Boston but Spurs will be right there in the mix!

spurspokesman
06-26-2009, 09:56 AM
If Spurs get RW with this roster plan the parade - there will be tests like LAL and Orlando/Cleveland/Boston but Spurs will be right there in the mix!
Then again sheed is greedy (as of late)so i'm not counting on it. Its rather he wants another ring or money. He already has A ring so money might be on his mind. But if it's winning. SA is A no brainer.:king

hater
06-26-2009, 12:02 PM
I think we are ok for regular season. But we will need 1 more key big man if SPurs want to go for the championship

spurspokesman
06-26-2009, 12:49 PM
He just made about 14 million dollars. I think he is fine when talking about money.
I can dig that. Well if this is the case he should be thinking san antonio. He wouldnt fit with cleveland or orlando like us.

Malice
06-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Parker/Hill
Ginobili/Mason
Jefferson/Gist
Duncan/Blair
Wallace/Mahinmi

that lineup just gave me a hard-on

EricB
06-26-2009, 12:59 PM
then add McClinton, Bowen, Bonner, Hairston, Marcus Williams

and wa lah.

Ready to go.

Spursmania
06-26-2009, 01:09 PM
This past week has showed us the Spurs' FO mean business. The draft just helped solidify their goal of being real contenders for the LOB again.

They cannot stop now. We desperately need a Sheed or Sheed. This will more than put the Spurs in a position to contend. IMO the Spurs would be considered one of the 2-3 big dogs to be afraid of. We wouldn't just be winning by slim margins against good teams, we'd be dominating most teams. FO please don't stop now, you must aquire a big in free agency. You must if you really want number 5...

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

HarlemHeat37
06-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Get Rasheed Wallace, and you call it an off-season..that would complete our big man rotation..

let McClinton, Williams, Hairston, and Gist battle it out for the last few spots on the roster, and that will be our team next year..

Malice
06-26-2009, 01:18 PM
then add McClinton, Bowen, Bonner, Hairston, Marcus Williams

and wa lah.

Ready to go.

That pushed me over the edge....:downspin:

SpursWench21
06-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Parker/Hill
Ginobili/Mason
Jefferson/Gist
Duncan/Blair
Wallace/Mahinmi

WowEE WOW! If I had the money, I would be purchasing season tickets as we speak.:rollin

This 1st/2nd lineup looks so sick! Add in the role players and silver and black will be feared once again!

Just need that last puzzle piece...ahem sheed...ahem.:flag:

Agloco
06-26-2009, 01:25 PM

Signing Sheed would obviate the need for Bonner.

Mugen
06-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Parker/Hill/Mcclinton
Mason/Manu/Hairston
RJ/Bowen/Gist
TD/Blair/Bonner
Sheed/Mahinmi/Oberto

that's my ideal roster for next year, assuming Fin don't pick up his option.

urunobili
06-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Parker/Hill/Mcclinton
Mason/Manu/Hairston
RJ/Bowen/Gist
TD/Blair/Bonner
Sheed/Mahinmi/Oberto

:tu you nailed it right there... I'd exchange Sheed for Collison though...

Spursmania
06-26-2009, 04:35 PM
I would love to be able to scream "SHEEEEEEEDDD" at Spur games!

mingus
06-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Wallace would completely go against what the Spurs have been about over the years. he loses his head time and time again in games, and he's basically not motivated anymore. the only thing that motivates him anymore is money apparently; he said it himself. The Spurs are all about keeping under control and playing your ass off. and he's old. fuck him.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Who exactly thinks Rasheed is going to settle for the MLE? Surely someone's going to offer him more money than that. He made like 13 million dollars last year. That's a big paycut.

EricB
06-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Whos going to offer him more money than the MLE that has the room though?

urunobili
06-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Dice>Sheed

SenorSpur
06-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Parker/Hill/Mcclinton
Mason/Manu/Hairston
RJ/Bowen/Gist
TD/Blair/Bonner
Sheed/Mahinmi/Oberto

Don't count on Oberto coming back. I remember reading something posted here yesterday where he's supposedly going to play in Europe next year.

Darryl Watkins?

HarlemHeat37
06-26-2009, 05:25 PM
It looks like it's going to come down to Spurs vs. Magic vs. Cavs for Wallace(or retirement of course)..does anybody believe Cleveland or Orlando will offer more than the MLE?..

Obstructed_View
06-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Whos going to offer him more money than the MLE that has the room though?

I don't know, but if you disagree with my pessimism, you should try to be more reassuring.

mingus
06-26-2009, 05:27 PM
that wasn't happening with Larry Brown at coach, he along with the rest of the team had no respect for Curry and Flip. Sheed couldn't get away with that shit in SA

plus, he's already stated his interest to play for Pop and with Timmy

i'v never heard that he's said he wants to play with Pop and Timmy ... do you have the article or quotes ?

besides the questions concerning his motivation there's the issue of having two starting bigs 34+ years iby the time the playoffs start if the spurs were to get him ... pass. GET YOUNGER.

Trimble87
06-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Dice>Sheed

I agree. But I would love either.

I think everyones hopes are extreamly high because of the RJ trade the Blair steal. I would give less then 20% chance that we land either of these guys in FA. We will get someone but I dont think it will be Sheed or Dice, as much as I want it to be.

Spurtacus
06-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Parker/Hill/Mcclinton
Mason/Manu/Hairston
RJ/Bowen/Gist
TD/Blair/Bonner
Sheed/Mahinmi/Oberto

I like it. I don't think Oberto will be back though. I'm still not sure on how Pop will feel having a second year PG and a rookie PG as backups. Hopefully the Bucks buyout Kurt Thomas and we can get him back.

TimDunkem
06-26-2009, 05:54 PM
I like it. I don't think Oberto will be back though. I'm still not sure on how Pop will feel having a second year PG and a rookie PG as backups. Hopefully the Bucks buyout Kurt Thomas and we can get him back.
McClinton is not a point guard. He's a shooter, but a shooter who can shoot off the dribble, drive, and maybe defend both guard positions well.

Russ
06-26-2009, 07:33 PM
The Spurs need a defensive 5 who can run and rebound. Rasheed Wallace is not that player.

A better fit would be Marcus Camby or, ideally, Tiago Splitter.

EricB
06-26-2009, 08:00 PM
The Spurs need a defensive 5 who can run and rebound. Rasheed Wallace is not that player.

A better fit would be Marcus Camby or, ideally, Tiago Splitter.

So when Camby goes down in November for 3 months cause of a broken whatever, then what?

Spursmania
06-27-2009, 12:13 AM
:hungry:

4RINGS
06-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Sheed can start NOW, Blair is unproven,so POP will not count on Blair right away.

Mugen
06-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Sheed fills the Spurs need more than any other available big out there.

Sheed might not be the shot blocker/rebounder than camby is but he is a better post defender and can stretch out the D.

Gortat might be younger and safer but he doesnt have half the talent sheed does, even at his age.

Same goes for the pachulia, collison, wilcox, gooden group.

Sheed is the answer and the #1 priority. Those other guys would offer a small consolation if we cant get him.

Mr. Body
06-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Wallace would completely go against what the Spurs have been about over the years. he loses his head time and time again in games, and he's basically not motivated anymore. the only thing that motivates him anymore is money apparently; he said it himself. The Spurs are all about keeping under control and playing your ass off. and he's old. fuck him.

Don't be such a nancy boy. Sheed wants to win. That's why he's such a prick sometimes.

Bruno
06-27-2009, 05:59 PM
I take one Sheed over ten Gortats.

Mr. Body
06-27-2009, 06:02 PM
I take one Sheed over ten Gortats.

Gortat shouldn't even be discussed if Sheed is available.

4RINGS
06-27-2009, 06:06 PM
I agree, what is with all the Gortat love...

Tully365
06-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Rasheed can be a handful, but if Pop's willing to take it on, it's hard to argue against the move. His stats have stayed stable for the past three or four years, so I don't think there's the danger of him suddenly entering a Ben Wallace--like period of decline. if the Spurs win a title with him, he gets to brag about a legacy of helping bring titles to two teams in his first year with them.

Spurs Brazil
06-27-2009, 07:15 PM
I don't like Gortat game. I hope the Spurs are not looking to sign him