PDA

View Full Version : Current Roster Depth

bless1187
06-26-2009, 02:11 AM
i think that after thursday's draft, we are only one big man away from completing our team.

Starting 5

PG: T. Parker: 27 years old: expect him to have as productive of a year as last year.

SG: R. Mason: 28 years old: expect him to have a similar year to last year and provide the team with consistent outside shooting, but may have minutes reduced with the acquisition of R. Jefferson and return of M. Ginobili.

SF: R. Jefferson: 29 years old: expect him to guard the best perimeter player on the opposing team while providing us with 15-18 ppg. R. Jefferson along with T. Parker may lead the team in mpg next year.

PF: T. Duncan: 33 years old: expect him to have a similar year to last year, and pick it up even more when the playoff starts. He might have his minutes reduced a bit to save him for the playoff.

C: MLE free agent acquisition

Bench:

PG: G. Hill: 23 years old: expect him to be our main backup pg, but he may also may some sg depending on the matchup. i expect maybe a slight increase in his playing time.

SG: M. Ginobili: 31 years old: expect him to be healed but don't know if he could get back to his old self from 2-3 years ago. His playing time may be decreased a bit to conserve him for the playoff, but would always be in the game during crunch time.

SF: M. Finley: 36 years old: probably his last season before he retired. He is not athletic as he once was, but he still has one of the best J on the team. I expect to see him have his role reduced to 10 - 15 mpg.

PF: D. Blair: 20 years old: a ferocious rebounder and with plenty of upside. he is the perfect player to provide instant energy off the bench, since he' s a rookie, i can't really guess how much time he's going to get, but i'm guessing 10 - 20 mpg would be a fair guess.

C: I. Mahinmi: 22 years old: we have heard so many things about him, but was never ever to see him play due to injuries. he's definitely an athletic big with size, and would be another player that could provide instant energy off the bench, since this is also almost like his rookie year, so his playing time is going to be hard to predict, maybe also 10 - 20 mpg.

PF: M. Bonner: 29 years old: Plays hard, and can hit the outside J. I'm not a particularly big fan of him. i expect his role to be greatly diminished from last year. i'm hoping he would play more of a situational player type role aka S. Kerr.

Free Agents:

PF: D. Gooden: 27 years old: there were time last year that he really impressed with his offensive skills and rebounding, but there were also times where his play would make you want to pull out your hair, but overall he was fairly impressive in his short stay with the Spurs. i'm guessing he's not on the top of the list for the big man spot but definitely one to consider.

SF: I. Udoka: 31 years old: i don't expect him to be back.

PG: J. Vaughn: 34 years old: i don't expect him to be back.

SF: M. Williams: 22 years old: will probably be on the summer league team and probably the preseason roster, and if he makes the team, his role would most likely be as a 12th man.

SG: M. Hairston: 22 years old: will probably be on the summer league team and probably the preseason roster, and if he makes the team, his role would most likely be as a 12th man.

PF: J. Gist: 22 years old: a hybrid forward. will probably be on the summer league team and the preseason roster, and if he makes the team, his role would most likely be as a 12th man.

SG: J. McClinton: 24 years old: compared to a E. House. will probably be on the summer league team and probably the preseason roster, and if he makes the team, his role would most likely be as a 12th man.

i really like the build up of our current team, where there is a right mixture of veteran and youth. once we sign a big for the MLE, i would say our team is pretty much set.

Ditty
06-26-2009, 02:19 AM
add rasheed and mcdyess

get rid of bonner and finley

add gist,hairston,gooden,and leave mclinton for on and off duties to austin and san antonio keep marcus williams in d league

and we should have a hell of a expirecnced and young team next year

TimDunkem
06-26-2009, 02:43 AM
Why send McClinton to Austin? He can play now if his role is simply to shoot and defend. Buford wants him next to Hill.

timtonymanu
06-26-2009, 03:02 AM
PG: Parker/Hill/McClinton
SG: Mason/ Manu/Hairston
SF: Jefferson/Bowen/Gist
PF: Duncan/Blair/Bonner
C: FA big/ Mahinmi

DO IT!

Obstructed_View
06-26-2009, 03:02 AM
add rasheed and mcdyess

add gist,hairston,gooden,and leave mclinton for on and off duties to austin and san antonio keep marcus williams in d league

Bonner's under contract. Either find some way to move him or deal with the fact that he's here. He's got a lot of value if he isn't starting and being charged with defending some of the best bigs in the league for large chunks of time.

bless1187
06-26-2009, 03:03 AM
add rasheed and mcdyess

i wouldn't really get rid of M. Finley, he was still maybe our third best performer in the playoff last year. And i don't really see J. Gist playing the SF spot, since he doesn't really have a good enough 3pt shot; especially with the way the Spurs run there offense, there 3 man needs to be able to make there outside shot. so i am still for M. Finley getting the backup role of maybe 10-20 mpg.

bless1187
06-26-2009, 03:05 AM
PG: Parker/Hill/McClinton
SG: Mason/ Manu/Hairston
SF: Jefferson/Bowen/Gist
PF: Duncan/Blair/Bonner
C: FA big/ Mahinmi

DO IT!

i think there's no way B. Bowen would be back.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2009, 03:07 AM
i wouldn't really get rid of M. Finley, he was still maybe our third best performer in the playoff last year. And i don't really see J. Gist playing the SF spot, since he doesn't really have a good enough 3pt shot; especially with the way the Spurs run there offense, there 3 man needs to be able to make there outside shot. so i am still for M. Finley getting the backup role of maybe 10-20 mpg.

If true, that's more a condemnation of the performance and effort of the other players than anything else.

Texas_Ranger
06-26-2009, 03:08 AM
I just hope Pop will not play Bonner over Blair at PF!
Bonner and Fin just need to go away!!!

ss1986v2
06-26-2009, 03:16 AM
would not be upset with:

parker/hill
mason/manu/McC
jefferson/finley/hairston
duncan/blair/gist
dice/bonner/ian

with gist, McC, and hairston all seeing stints with the toros. id rather finley opt out, with his spot going to someone/anyone else, but i doubt he opts out and if hes finally riding the pine more, we could do worse.

Bukefal
06-26-2009, 03:21 AM
I just hope Pop will not play Bonner over Blair at PF!
Bonner and Fin just need to go away!!!

Bonner should go, Finley I don't mind him staying and Blair needs to play!