PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Barry Haters?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-02-2005, 10:54 PM
I thought the guy wasn't even good enough to be trade fodder?

E20
04-02-2005, 10:55 PM
26 MIN
6-14 FG
4-10 3PT
4-4 FT
5 REB
2 AST
20 PTS
1 GW Field Goal
:smokin

GoSpurs21
04-02-2005, 10:56 PM
my apologies to Whottt, your boy played big time in a game the Spurs needed to win

hats off to Barry he deserves player of the game

I hope this is what we can expect from Barry down the stretch of the regular season. If Barry continues to play this way the Spurs should be alright come playoff time

I am not a Barry hater I just want to see more of this type of heart from Barry

Tony Parker also deserves a lot of credit for tonights win also. when Tony came back in the game in the 4th quarter he guided the team and willed them to take back the lead.

exstatic
04-02-2005, 10:58 PM
One of his "on" games. Will he show up vs. the Clips?

I stated in the game blog that he only seems to play well when he gets pissed. Mutombo's foul vs. Houston, and tonight, someone opened up a cut on his eyebrow. Barry needs a designated enrager before each game.

Brodels
04-02-2005, 10:59 PM
I'm not a hater either. I'm just capable of looking beyond the petty arguments and taking of sides.

When he's played poorly, I've called him on it. When he's played well, I've given him credit. And I've exposed his past playoff struggles.

I have faith in what he can do for the team right now. It's the playoffs I worry about.

Ginofan
04-02-2005, 11:00 PM
where were all the barry homers last game?

Experiment2100
04-02-2005, 11:00 PM
*sits and waits for this to turn into Chump vs Whott*

ChumpDumper
04-02-2005, 11:02 PM
I'd have to be a Barry hater for that to happen.

Never was.

Brodels
04-02-2005, 11:05 PM
That's the thing. Very few in here actually hated Barry. Whottt made something up so he could try and make himself look good.

He's turning into the TPark of the forum. If Barry has a good game, he'll show up and say how Barry is awesome. If Barry struggles he'll just kind of lay low. It's like TPark and Rasho. If Rasho scores ten points and gets ten rebounds in one game, he's suddenly the second-best center in the NBA.

The same is happening with Whottt and Barry. I wish he would at least admit that he's not even going to try to see things as they actually are.

E20
04-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Acutally Rasho did play very well today but, this topic is about Barry.

GoSpurs21
04-02-2005, 11:09 PM
That's the thing. Very few in here actually hated Barry. Whottt made something up so he could try and make himself look good.

He's turning into the TPark of the forum. If Barry has a good game, he'll show up and say how Barry is awesome. If Barry struggles he'll just kind of lay low. It's like TPark and Rasho. If Rasho scores ten points and gets ten rebounds in one game, he's suddenly the second-best center in the NBA.

The same is happening with Whottt and Barry. I wish he would at least admit that he's not even going to try to see things as they actually are.Rasho also deserves some credit he had a great game tonight

ChumpDumper
04-02-2005, 11:09 PM
He can have his own thread.

[waits for TPark]

Brodels
04-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Rasho also deserves some credit he had a great game tonight

Agreed. Props to Rasho too. He got the job done tonight.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Rasho also deserves some credit he had a great game tonight
Yeah where are all the Rasho haters?

whottt
04-02-2005, 11:37 PM
The thing no one has noticed about Barry until perhaps this game, the reason I have defended him...he's played well like that all season in crunchtime...when he gets the opportunity and when he gets the ball.

I've never said he hasn't played substandard(by his own standards, not anyone elses)...mainly his 3 shooting...

But what I have defended him against is those saying it's the pressure casuing it and saying he doesn't have heart...it's just not true...at least not in the regular season for the Spurs...

He came here to win a ring...he came here to shoot big shots...people afraid of pressure do not do that.....

The reason you haven't seen it more often in these situations is because he hasn't been on the court much in those situations, and he hasn't been handling the ball much...I mean the final minutes of the game.

It's true that Barry doesn't always want to shoot...but it's also true that he's not afraid of taking the big shots...in fact I think he kind of likes it...I think those are the only ones he cares about taking.

Crticize his lack of agressiveness, 350% shooting, and fitting on the team all you want ...it's a legit complaint...

But he has not folded under pressure this season...he excelled under it all season..it's when he has played his best...

And again, the stats back this up...in the final 5 minutes of close games...Barry is either the best performer on the team or close to it...

Barry needs the ball in his hands more often...and like Horry...he needs to be on the court in the decisve moments.

We'll be able to truly judge his heart in the playoffs...and not until then...if you are trying to judge it in the regular season and you have concluded he lacks heart...then you are wrong and haven't been paying attention, because he has shown clutchness and heart all season in the crunch....when given the chance.

baseline bum
04-03-2005, 12:19 AM
This is a great time for Barry to be hitting his stride. That gamewinner was smooth, and should have been an and-1 on top of that.

Kori Ellis
04-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Barry got three stitches above his eye after the game too.

timvp
Props to Barry. He's beginning to play like the player the Spurs thought they were getting in the offseason.

ceds
His brother is a better player

exstatic
04-03-2005, 12:54 AM
Jon is chippier, and more self motivated. Brent is taller, and may have more raw hoops skills.

TDfan2007
04-03-2005, 01:09 AM
Barry has been our best player for the most part since Tim's injury, so I really hope that he doesn't curl up into a ball when Tim comes back.

Solid D
04-03-2005, 01:19 AM
Did anyone hear the ESPN Sportscenter guy say something like..'and Barry runs over Caron Butler and scores, 1st down.' :lol Butler was doing all he could to try to create something, but it wasn't exactly football.

wildbill2u
04-03-2005, 01:29 AM
I think its important for Barry to get enough minutes to get into a groove. It's tough in Pop's system because if you don't produce immediately, you don't keep getting minutes because we have a lot of depth.

I don't think anyone can figure out Pop's substitutions and playing time decisions.

Dex
04-03-2005, 01:43 AM
He shot under 50 percent from the field.

And only had 2 assists.

I hate the Spurs.

Somebody jam a spoon in my eye.

Dex
04-03-2005, 02:01 AM
Barry needs to grow the hair back out.

Nowitzki too, for that matter.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-03-2005, 02:03 AM
I still think our best end of game lineup (Tim healthy) is:

Tony
Barry
Manu
Bowen/Horry (depending on matchups)
Tim

Dex
04-03-2005, 02:04 AM
Caron Butler wasn't set at all, either.

We should've won by two.

I think I'm going to bed now.

leemajors
04-03-2005, 03:22 AM
anyone else think when tony and beno struggle, barry should bring the ball up the court? doesn't seem like it happens too much, he is too good a passer to not be doing this...

T Park
04-03-2005, 03:26 AM
My final judgement on Barry is reserved until after the playoffs.

But to say that Barry hasnt been a dissapointment this season would not be the all great "objective".

Barry did step up in the clutch tonight, and IMO shouldv'e had a free throw as that was a blocking foul on Butler.

Great game, more important, great second half from Barry big props.

toosmallshoes
04-03-2005, 04:27 AM
The Barry haters were too busy hugging each other after his game winner to type.

cherylsteele
04-03-2005, 09:51 AM
My final judgement on Barry is reserved until after the playoffs.

But to say that Barry hasnt been a dissapointment this season would not be the all great "objective".

Barry did step up in the clutch tonight, and IMO shouldv'e had a free throw as that was a blocking foul on Butler.

Great game, more important, great second half from Barry big props.

I will give props to Rasho.....good solid game....I just wiah he was doing it more consistently...he seems to regress after good games.....we need him to play like that every game, especially with Tim out.

GrandeDavid
04-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Props to Barry. He's beginning to play like the player the Spurs thought they were getting in the offseason.

That`s because the playoffs are fast approaching and the games are meaning more and he`s inevitably getting more PT. Good job, Barry!

Jimcs50
04-03-2005, 10:53 AM
Barry has arrived....watch out West.

wildbill2u
04-03-2005, 04:12 PM
we've all been waiting for Barry to step up. Despite a falter or two, in the games since TD went down, I'd say he's showing the good veteran play and shooting we expected from him.

benjirh
04-03-2005, 06:45 PM
He shot under 50 percent from the field.

And only had 2 assists.

I hate the Spurs.

Somebody jam a spoon in my eye.

Considering that less than 20 guys in the league shoot over 50%, I don't see what the problem is.

benjirh
04-03-2005, 06:52 PM

The same is happening with Whottt and Barry. I wish he would at least admit that he's not even going to try to see things as they actually are.

Are you kidding me. First of all maybe hatred is a little strong, but most were calling for him to be gone. The majority where either calling for him to be traded before the deadline or dealt this summer. And as far as Whott goes, the only reason he talks up barry is to defend him. I have never seen Whott say that barry is even the 4th best player on the team. Whott has only said that barry is not nearly as bad as what everyone is claiming.