View Full Version : Blair Post-Draft Interview

Cloud786
06-26-2009, 06:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZZz6YeRIX8

Don't see this posted yet..

spurs1990
06-26-2009, 07:02 AM
Blair is hyped about coming to SA.

Love when he states he'll make other teams pay for passing up on him.

spursdotcom
06-26-2009, 09:36 AM
It's with this. http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129722&page=2

:toast

DPG21920
06-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Says he lost 15 pounds already since college ended:

IyzDmg_XVgA

superbigtime
06-26-2009, 09:50 AM
This guy is just chomping at the bit. Love it.

Steve-O-Matic
06-26-2009, 09:51 AM
He looks a tad like Ian Mahinmi.

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2009, 09:56 AM
He looks a tad like Ian Mahinmi.

i take the guy thats less injury prone plz...

GSH
06-26-2009, 10:14 AM
There have been a lot of other guys who were confident that they could come in and contribute right away. Pop seems to make a point of beating that confidence down. And as a young big in the Spurs' defensive system, you know he's going to get yanked out of some games after one or two mistakes. I really hope he's prepared for that, and that he has the type of attitude to persevere.

He went down to the hotel weight room and did 40 situps? 40? And he told someone that? Heh... I also hope he's prepared for what conditioning is going to look like.

He obviously has skills, and you have to love his attitude. I hope he keeps that chip on his shoulder, and keeps pushing to show them what they missed out on. He's definitely going to learn that the fans here love their Spurs.

Jace
06-26-2009, 10:39 PM
There have been a lot of other guys who were confident that they could come in and contribute right away. Pop seems to make a point of beating that confidence down. And as a young big in the Spurs' defensive system, you know he's going to get yanked out of some games after one or two mistakes. I really hope he's prepared for that, and that he has the type of attitude to persevere.

He went down to the hotel weight room and did 40 situps? 40? And he told someone that? Heh... I also hope he's prepared for what conditioning is going to look like.

He obviously has skills, and you have to love his attitude. I hope he keeps that chip on his shoulder, and keeps pushing to show them what they missed out on. He's definitely going to learn that the fans here love their Spurs.

Also said he did 40 pullups and then did the elliptical If the reports that he lost 30+lbs since college then I'm sure he knows what cardio is

Phenomanul
06-26-2009, 10:56 PM
:lol

from the comments under the video:

With the 36th pick in the 2009 NBA draft, the Memphis Grizzlies select Sam Young from the University of Pittsburgh

(12 seconds later...)

With the 37th pick in the 2009 NBA draft, the San Antonio Spurs select DeJuan Blair from the University of Pittsburgh.

LOL. The Spurs were ALL OVER that $hit. Pop was like, "Holy $hit! Draft that muthaf*#@a!"

I noticed the same thing...