PDA

View Full Version : From Boston Globe: McDyess likely to re-sign

Duncanoypi
06-26-2009, 09:08 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2009/06/26/activity_all_around_celtics_in_east/?rss_id=Boston.com+--%20+Boston+Celtics+news

An NBA source said the Celtics will keep an eye on such free agents as Detroit forward-center Rasheed Wallace, Phoenix forward Grant Hill, and Toronto swingman Anthony Parker. Denver center Chris Andersen (likely to re-sign), Detroit forward Antonio McDyess (likely to re-sign), Denver forward Linas Kleiza, Detroit forward Francisco Oberto (expected to be bought out), and Milwaukee forward Bruce Bowen (expected to be bought out) are also considerations.

So Rasheed is a big possibility!

:lobt2:

superbigtime
06-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Francisco Oberto? Haha

tp2021
06-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Bring Back Bruce.

MaNu4Tres
06-26-2009, 09:11 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129543

Dex
06-26-2009, 09:26 AM
We want Dice. :hungry:

Chieflion
06-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Why the fuck does McDyess want anything to do with Detroit anymore?

spurspokesman
06-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Why the fuck does McDyess want anything to do with Detroit anymore?
Leave him there. He must like losing. More power to em. We can now do without him. Thats of course if we land sheed

MaNu4Tres
06-26-2009, 10:28 AM
I said this exact same thing two days. But most of everyone disagreed and thought I was wrong for saying it.

tmtcsc
06-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Sheed can play inside AND outside. He doesn't cower in big games and he tends to make momentum changing 3's. If we get him, we are set.

Agloco
06-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Sheed can play inside AND outside. He doesn't cower in big games and he tends to make momentum changing 3's. If we get him, we are set.

+1

Fuck all the Sheed haters who say he's done. Get him on a contender and watch him bring the rain again.

EricB
06-26-2009, 12:18 PM
McDeyss is a freaking idiot if he resigns in Detroit.

MaNu4Tres
06-26-2009, 12:23 PM
McDeyss is a freaking idiot if he resigns in Detroit.

Why do you sound surprised? He turned down 7-9 million with making Denver buy him out. And then when championship contending teams were offering him more money than Detroit , he made it known he didn't want to leave his family in Detroit. This happened not even a year ago.

Stump
06-26-2009, 12:24 PM
There is more to life than basketball. Maybe Detriot is home to him.

I'd love to have him as a Spur, but I can understand if he's happy where he is.

EricB
06-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Why do you sound surprised? He turned down 7-9 million with making Denver buy him out. And then when championship contending teams were offering him more money than Detroit , he made it known he didn't want to leave his family in Detroit. This happened not even a year ago.

Do you not understand the billions of times its been told to you?

HE HATES DENVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Goddamn.

Again, I'm gonna take the Boston Globe reports with a grain of salt because they predicted last year lots of things to happen and it didnt.

MaNu4Tres
06-26-2009, 12:30 PM
And then when championship contending teams were offering him more money than Detroit , he made it known he didn't want to leave his family in Detroit. This happened not even a year ago.

You forgot to bold that part too. Spurs were one of the teams that offered more money. It was more about not leaving Detroit than hating Denver. And cool it with the cursing. I feel like you are threatening me EricB.

IronMexican
06-26-2009, 12:31 PM
McDyes is loyal to a fault. I wish him the best.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-26-2009, 12:38 PM
He went back to Detroit when they were still a contender. A lots changed since then.

coyotes_geek
06-26-2009, 12:39 PM
He went back to Detroit when they were still a contender. A lots changed since then.

No kidding. Has there even been an indication that Detroit is interested in him?

crc21209
06-26-2009, 12:56 PM
mcdeyss is a freaking idiot if he resigns in detroit.

+1000000

Mugen
06-26-2009, 12:59 PM
do the pistons even want him back??

they are in rebuilding mode and they just drafted a bunch of guys that play Dice's position, and curry is probably going to be forced to give those guys heavy mins.

i just dont understand Dice's thinking but I'm more for sheed anyways.

MoSpur
06-26-2009, 01:09 PM
I'd rather have the "Birdman."

completely deck
06-26-2009, 01:27 PM

I'd rather have the "Blair Witch Project"

EricB
06-26-2009, 01:28 PM

The Birdman isn't half the freaking player McDeyss is, please....

EricB
06-26-2009, 01:29 PM

Exactly.

MaNu4Tres
06-26-2009, 01:35 PM

True and I agree with that.

But for the fact that he lost 7-9 million for Denver to buy him out so that he could return to Detroit for the minimum should make you realize that getting Dice may be a bit of a stretch. Also you need to consider the fact that when Dice was bought out, elite championship contenders such as San Antonio, Cleveland, Orlando, Boston were all offering more money than Detroit was. But he didn't want to move from Detroit. You put those two together and it should indicate that McDyess may not be as possible as you may think.

EricB
06-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Your comparing leaving in the middle of a season to leaving in the middle of an offseason.

It doesn't wash.

You also keep bringing up the Denver thing. He never wanted to be there.

Denver could've offered 20 million and he wouldn't have stayed. HE HATED DENVER.

So please stop using the damn denver references.

MaNu4Tres
06-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Your comparing leaving in the middle of a season to leaving in the middle of an offseason.

It doesn't wash.

You also keep bringing up the Denver thing. He never wanted to be there.

Denver could've offered 20 million and he wouldn't have stayed. HE HATED DENVER.

So please stop using the damn denver references.

The trade went down after 4 games in the year. It wasn't in the middle of the season. My point is that no matter the money, no matter what championship teams wanted him for MORE money he didn't want to move his family again. So he stayed. It wasn't because he thought Pistons had a chance at the title. If he wanted a championship he would have to the 6 teams that were better and that offered more money. I'm not trying to say theres no way in HELL Dice becomes a Spur. I'm just trying to be somewhat rational about the possibility of him actually leaving Detroit.

Darkwaters
06-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Francisco Oberto? Haha

Francisco Oberto...the bizarre love-child of two former Spurs posts.

coyotes_geek
06-26-2009, 01:42 PM
It wasn't in the middle of the season, but it was in November. If McDyess has kids he may have been hesitant to uproot them during the school year. Something that wouldn't be an issue this summer.

EricB
06-26-2009, 01:51 PM
It wasn't in the middle of the season, but it was in November. If McDyess has kids he may have been hesitant to uproot them during the school year. Something that wouldn't be an issue this summer.

Exactly what I've been saying.

MaNu4Tres
06-26-2009, 01:55 PM

Yes I'm sure McDyess wouldn't want to make his kids change schools. That would be too cruel. Or maybe he didn't want to leave his family/house/ community which he's settled in the past four to five years???? :lol

Maybe your right though, I would let my kids choice of school dictate my career as well.

Agloco
06-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Bleh, if this is true, I'm genuinely dissappionted in Dice. I thought he wanted to compete for a ring in his later years.
:depressed:depressed

Agloco
06-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Francisco Oberto...the bizarre love-child of two former Spurs posts.

Somewhere Pistons<Spurs is cooking something up........

coyotes_geek
06-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Yes I'm sure McDyess wouldn't want to make his kids change schools. That would be too cruel. Or maybe he didn't want to leave his family/house/ community which he's settled in the past four to five years???? :lol

Maybe your right though, I would let my kids choice of school dictate my career as well.

And maybe now that he sees that the Pistons are rebuilding he's okay with leaving his family, house and community. Especially considering how there haven't been much in the way of signs that the Pistons even want him back.

And you obviously don't have kids, because parents put their kids ahead of their careers all the time.

MaNu4Tres
06-26-2009, 02:06 PM
And maybe now that he sees that the Pistons are rebuilding he's okay with leaving his family, house and community. Especially considering how there have been exactly zero signs that the Pistons even want him back.

And you obviously don't have kids, because parents put their kids ahead of their careers all the time.

I'd put my kids infront of my career as well. But I wouldn't let my kids choice of school influence my career. Choice of school isn't necessarily important in my eyes. And maybe you are right. My whole reason for this debate is to bring out the facts in the past that are signs, which all but say that he does not want to leave Detroit. Which makes me believe its more unlikely that he does leave. Much less come to San Antonio. But there's always a chance it can happen.