PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Amare Stoudemire being traded for Stephen Curry

xtremesteven33
06-26-2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/article/2009-06-25/stoudemire-reportedly-heading-warriors

iggypop123
06-26-2009, 03:15 PM
https://twitter.com/Amareisreal

"Breaking News! Amar'e Stoudemire to the Lakers!!" he must be joking

BruceBowenFan
06-26-2009, 03:21 PM
If that is the case who did la give up?

duncan228
06-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Updated.

Nelson: Curry will stay with Warriors (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-warriors-curry&prov=ap&type=lgns)
By Greg Beacham

Stephen Curry can get comfortable with the Golden State Warriors. Coach Don Nelson isn’t sending his newest high-scoring guard anywhere else.

Nelson firmly declared the Warriors won’t trade Curry on Friday, quashing suspicions about Golden State’s intentions in selecting the former Davidson star who led the nation in scoring last season.

“He can unpack his bags and relax,” Nelson said after welcoming Curry to Oakland. “He can buy a house. We drafted him because we think he’s a terrific player that fits right into our program. He ain’t going anyplace.”

Nelson’s unequivocal declaration was probably necessary: Although Curry was widely considered among the draft’s most polished candidates, he seemed an odd choice for the Warriors. After all, guard Monta Ellis is just about the same size and plays much the same style of game, and Golden State is loaded with backcourt players.

Many wondered whether Golden State drafted Curry with the seventh overall pick at another team’s behest, and rumors about trade talks with Phoenix were rampant Thursday night. Although Nelson and general manager Larry Riley didn’t deny discussions took place with the Suns about a deal for power forward Amare Stoudemire, Nelson made it clear Curry won’t be a part of any deal.

“(Ellis) should be happy that he’s got a sidekick that’s very good,” Nelson said. “I think he’s going to be able to play right away. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t.”

Curry didn’t appear even slightly ruffled after a draft day full of speculation and crazy twists, followed by a 5 a.m. wakeup call for his flight to the West Coast.

Curry, who finished his college career in the Bay Area three months ago with an NIT loss to Saint Mary’s, looked rested and confident in a blue suit with chalk stripes while visiting the Warriors’ training complex in downtown Oakland. He was accompanied by his girlfriend and his family, including father Dell Curry, a 16-year NBA veteran.

Although Curry declined the chance to work out for the Warriors before the draft, he knew the club had interest following an interview at the predraft camp in Chicago. Although Curry repeatedly said he hoped to land with the New York Knicks, who picked eighth, he was neither surprised nor disappointed when Golden State snatched him.

“I looked at the top 10, and (the Warriors) jumped off the page with the way they play,” Curry said. “I’m a fan of the game, so I notice these sorts of things. I’ve seen enough of them to know I’d fit in here, at least on the surface. It’s exciting to get here and think about what could happen with this offense and this coaching staff.”

Nelson knows Curry will play for him in the fall when the Warriors go after just their second playoff berth since 1994, but the 69-year-old coach isn’t sure what position he’ll play.

Curry played point guard in high school before switching to shooting guard for two years at Davidson, culminating in the Wildcats’ memorable 2008 NCAA tournament run—only to move back to the point last season while leading the country with 28.6 points per game.

Curry is open to playing either position, and Nelson said he would like to play Curry and Ellis together for long stretches, moving swingman Stephen Jackson to small forward. Nelson wouldn’t speculate how the Warriors would defend the league’s top point guards with such a lineup, but defense has rarely been a primary concern for Golden State.

“I’m willing to learn and willing to take criticism and get something from it,” Curry said. “I know what I can do well and go out there and do it, and I’ll leave the rest to work itself out.”

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Good. I don't want a rich man's Eddie House.

KSeal
06-26-2009, 07:58 PM
If that is the case who did la give up?

Sign and trade Lamar along with expiring contracts Farmar and Morrison.

Chieflion
06-26-2009, 08:35 PM
You are trading the best scorer at national college level for a one year rental? Fuck yourself, GSW....

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-26-2009, 08:38 PM
You are trading the best scorer at national college level for a one year rental? Fuck yourself, GSW....

1) That trade isn't going to happen
2) Adam Morrison also led the NCAA in scoring his final season
3) Stephen Curry = glorified Eddie House

Chieflion
06-26-2009, 08:43 PM
1) That trade isn't going to happen
2) Adam Morrison also led the NCAA in scoring his final season
3) Stephen Curry = glorified Eddie House
Trading Biedrins and Brandan Wright in the deal isnt helping their cause either. Of course the trade isnt going to happen.

Rule #1: When trading with the Suns, the Suns must be on the losing end.
Rule #2: Any trade with the Suns has to end up with the Suns saving money.
Rule #3: You must follow the first 2 rules.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Rule #1: When trading with the Suns, the Suns must be on the losing end.
Rule #2: Any trade with the Suns has to end up with the Suns saving money.
Rule #3: You must follow the first 2 rules.

Real original.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Amare > rich man's Eddie House

dirk4mvp
06-26-2009, 09:04 PM
lol Stephen Curry

The rich man's House is pretty dead on. If this guy didn't go to a small school that let him take any shot he wanted, we probably wouldn't know who this guy is.

sook
06-26-2009, 09:06 PM
curry is overrated

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Curry might arguably be the worst player picked in the top 10.

Typical NY fans jizzing themselves about the player ESPN hypes up the most.

phyzik
06-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Amare's twiiter has been updated with this:

Breaking News!! Amar'e Stoudemire to Golden State. What do you think?
about 1 hour ago from TwitterFon

Seriously....

dirk4mvp
06-27-2009, 12:20 AM
espn just showed Nelson saying Curry isn't going anywhere.

Spursmania
06-27-2009, 11:29 AM
How this ends up playing out will be interesting.

loveforthegame
06-27-2009, 11:35 AM
The Warriors will not give up Curry or Randolph so the Suns should start looking elsewhere.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 03:35 PM
The Warriors will not give up Curry or Randolph so the Suns should start looking elsewhere.

Don Nelson is fuckin retarded if the Suns offered him Amare for Curry, Wright, Bellineli and Biedrins and he rejected it, and I'm glad he's retarded because it's even more retarded of Kerr to offer that. Unless they are getting a player of equal talent back, which they're not, Amare is their best option as shitty as that sounds.

Say what you want about Amare, but when you're getting by far the best player in the trade, you do the trade. It's gonna be great to watch Curry suck on Golden State.

mojorizen7
06-28-2009, 06:35 AM
I'd rather have Turief/Azubuike/Belinelli/Wright/ future #1(or not)
Beidrins can run & rebound a little but he can't bang,defend or block shots like Turief.
In other words...the SUNS FO like's Beidrins for our shitfuck system.

TDMVPDPOY
06-28-2009, 06:48 AM
gsw should get rid of monta, the management has became his bitch for some odd reason....

mojorizen7
06-28-2009, 06:52 AM
suns should get rid of nash, the management has became his bitch for some odd reason....

ftfy

spursfan1000
06-28-2009, 08:39 AM
They already said they are not trading Curry so people can stop making these foolish threads.

Sissiborgo
06-28-2009, 09:29 AM
That's never ever going to happen!....

JMarkJohns
06-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Randolph or nothing.

You can't get an All-Star in his prime for rotation players.

Darthkiller
06-29-2009, 02:12 PM
i agree. dont care about curry. trade amare for Randolph and junk or w/e. at least get Randolph in there .

JMarkJohns
06-29-2009, 02:21 PM
It's not the worst thing in the world if Phoenix just let's every contract run out. They aren't Milwaukee or Minnesota, a place where the market and weather diminish player interest via free agency. They aren't Los Angeles, Chicago or New York, but they can pull in free agents, so if Amare can't be traded for at least one great prospect or two ro three very good ones, then just let all the contracts run out and build up a chunk of CAP space for a run at two or three MAX or MAX-type free agents.

Phoenix has the pull, but they need the space. CAP space in 2010/2011 is infinitely greater than the mid-level or higher contracts of quality rotation players, but rotation players nonetheless.

From the Warriors, it's Randolph or I don't even talk.