PDA

View Full Version : Idiotic comments by Donnie Nelson & Mark Cuban (Summer of '09 edition)

monosylab1k
06-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Let's keep a running log of every stupid thing these two dumbasses say this summer.

Donnie:

“Don’t confuse silence with inactivity’’

Mark:

“It used to be in the NBA you tried to accumulate as many bigs as you could. That's kind of changed. You can't have enough point guards."

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Mark:

“It used to be in the NBA you tried to accumulate as many bigs as you could. That's kind of changed. You can't have enough point guards."

It's funny how overrated the importance of point guards has become.

sribb43
06-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Fuckin incompitent faggots

VivaPopovich
06-27-2009, 05:18 AM
It's funny how overrated the importance of point guards has become.

really? a point guard's role is overrated? the lakers this year wouldnt have won it if fisher didnt come back. his locker-room/emotional leadership was key for that young and hostile team.

tony parker was the best spur this season. look at how detroit fell when chauncey left and how the nuggets rose when he came in. if all a PG is, is someone to kickit out to for an open 3 like eddie house, then yes they can become overrated (damon jones, daniel gibson).

but i think john stockton and bob cousy have something to say about the importance of point guards being "overrated"
:flag:

Muser
06-27-2009, 05:59 AM
Cuban "It's not about winning in the off-season"

He said somthing like that anyway.

KSeal
06-27-2009, 06:01 AM
really? a point guard's role is overrated? the lakers this year wouldnt have won it if fisher didnt come back. his locker-room/emotional leadership was key for that young and hostile team.

You're fucking retarded. There isn't any Shaq and Kobe drama anymore bro.

afireinside20
06-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Let's keep a running log of every stupid thing these two dumbasses say this summer.

Donnie:

“Don’t confuse silence with inactivity’’

Mark:

Just goes to show how their a bunch of dumbasses. LOL And because of stupid comments like that, their never gonna win shit there.

ElNono
06-27-2009, 08:34 AM
Cuban "It's not about winning in the off-season"

He said somthing like that anyway.

"Winning the summer is not the ultimate goal in the nba"

Biggems
06-27-2009, 09:34 AM
I am wondering if the point guard comment was a slap in the face of the Minnesota GM....Cuban has a way of poking fun at the opposition.

bdictjames
06-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Big men > point guard

ginobili's bald spot
06-27-2009, 09:50 AM
really? a point guard's role is overrated? the lakers this year wouldnt have won it if fisher didnt come back.

Great job bringing up an example that proves his point. Fisher is not good... at all. And the Lakers won the championship. Why? Because they have 3 good big men.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Great job bringing up an example that proves his point. Fisher is not good... at all. And the Lakers won the championship. Why? Because they have 3 good big men.

Vivapopovich completely missed my point, like completely. Glad to see someone at least understood what I was saying.

I'm saying that having a stud PG isn't necessary at all if you want to win a championship.

My opinion has always been that the more important a PG is to a team, the worse that team will do in the playoffs compared to the regular season. It's no coincidence the Suns have always had a great PG w/ horrible big men but have never won a championship. One more reason why trading Amare for Stephen Curry is really stupid.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 10:01 AM
I wonder who would win a doubles match of "who is the most stupid" if it was Kerr and Sarver vs. Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban.

monosylab1k
06-27-2009, 10:01 AM

tony parker was the best spur this season. look at how detroit fell when chauncey left and how the nuggets rose when he came in. if all a PG is, is someone to kickit out to for an open 3 like eddie house, then yes they can become overrated (damon jones, daniel gibson).

but i think john stockton and bob cousy have something to say about the importance of point guards being "overrated"
:flag:

A point guard's role isn't overrated, but for Cuban to say that the league has changed to the point where getting big men isn't as important as stockpiling point guards is probably the dumbest thing anybody in the sport of basketball has ever said.

Killakobe81
06-27-2009, 02:02 PM
PG's are overrated but having a supersta playmaker is not in the Conf Finals w had Mo williams, Alston and DFISH (along with Chauncey) you could ARGUE (THOUGH bILLUPS IS CLOSE) That none of those guys are a top 5 PG but yet they still won. At of the top 4 teams they all had great big men EXCEPT Cleveland and they sucked the most ass in the playoffs of those 4 ...
IF i could build a team im getting Lebron, Wade or Kobe firs, the best big men i can get ....SOme perimeter defenders, a PG and finally a great shooter is the last piece of the puzzle ..

sribb43
06-27-2009, 03:36 PM
According to Mark its a PG league and we need to roll out 3 PG's in our starting lineup....these guys have no clue what the hell is going on

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 03:37 PM
:lmao all the people that say the NBA is now a "PG league, to Mark's defense he's one of many people who say that.

I guess people just missed the fact LA won a title with Derek Fisher at PG.

sribb43
06-27-2009, 03:41 PM
:lmao all the people that say the NBA is now a "PG league, to Mark's defense he's one of many people who say that.

I guess people just missed the fact LA won a title with Derek Fisher at PG.

next year when they get clowned by Howard, Yao, Shaq, Kaman, Okafor, Oden, Amare, Boozer, Nene and others, that douche will say next offseason that its a big man's league. Those ass holes at the Mavs Offices have no fuckin' clue about drafting or personnel in the NBA today

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Kerr and Sarver are just as bad. it sucks cause Kerr originally did know you need a shit ton of big men but now that Kerr decided that he's going to let Nash run the team this off season they are going to give away 2 great big men. The Amare and Shaq combo would have been so good if they had a PG that knew how to do other things than run a high pick and roll.

LEONARD
06-27-2009, 04:09 PM
for Cuban to say that the league has changed to the point where getting big men isn't as important as stockpiling point guards is probably the dumbest thing anybody in the sport of basketball has ever said.

Like anyone can ever know that...

scottspurs
06-27-2009, 04:27 PM
You're fucking retarded. There isn't any Shaq and Kobe drama anymore bro.

True but there is Kobe's EGO versus everyone else.

Without Fisher Lose to the Rockets or the Nuggets.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Without Fisher Lose to the Rockets or the Nuggets.

That might be nominated for the dumbest sentence ever written on Spurstalk. You're stretching a lot saying they needed him to beat Denver, but they probably beat Houston in 5 if Fisher isn't playing.

monosylab1k
06-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Like anyone can ever know that...

ROFL you still got the quote wrong, dumbass.