PDA

View Full Version : Amare's brother sentenced to 9 1/2 years

Jeremy
06-26-2009, 09:30 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/2009/06/26/20090626amare0627.html

IronMexican
06-26-2009, 09:37 PM
How do you get 9 fucking years for conspiracy of armed robbery? Thats bull.

phyzik
06-26-2009, 09:46 PM
At least we know stupidity isnt exclusive in the Stoudemire family. Cant fault Amare for genetics. It sucks to be made an example of though just because your brother is a high profile athlete.

Findog
06-26-2009, 09:50 PM
At least we know stupidity isnt exclusive in the Stoudemire family. Cant fault Amare for genetics. It sucks to be made an example of though just because your brother is a high profile athlete.

I bag on him constantly for what takes place on the court, but I'm not touching this. Sucks for him and his family.

Findog
06-26-2009, 09:53 PM
That's total crap. He was definitely guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. And he definitely deserves to be punished for taking part in the initial plan to rob the guy. But this is way way way way too harsh for what he did. I have nothing but sympathy for Amare on this.

IronMexican
06-26-2009, 09:56 PM
The penalty system is way too harsh.

phyzik
06-26-2009, 09:59 PM
I bag on him constantly for what takes place on the court, but I'm not touching this. Sucks for him and his family.

I have a friend hopefully getting parole this year for being with the wrong people at the wrong time. He was in the car at the store thinking they where going in for cigarettes, they stabbed and robbed an older couple. Guilty by association. He has been in since 2000. the first thing Im going to do is kick my friends ass and tell him "I fucking told you so" when he gets out (I've told him as such in the many letters I have sent him). I have NO sympathy for Amare's brother.

There's a saying people should pay attention to..... Choose your friends wisely.

Findog
06-26-2009, 10:02 PM
I have a friend hopefully getting parole this year for being with the wrong people at the wrong time. He was in the car at the store thinking they where going in for cigarettes, they stabbed and robbed an older couple. Guilty by association. He has been in since 2000. the first thing Im going to do is kick my friends ass and tell him "I fucking told you so" when he gets out (I've told him as such in the many letters I have sent him). I have NO sympathy for Amare's brother.

There's a saying people should pay attention to..... Choose your friends wisely.

I agree the guy is guilty and needs to be punished. I just think this is way too harsh. Would you have sympathy for a guy that got hit with a $1,000 fine for jaywalking?

phyzik
06-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I agree the guy is guilty and needs to be punished. I just think this is way too harsh. Would you have sympathy for a guy that got hit with a $1,000 fine for jaywalking?

yeah, like I said, it sucks being made an example of just because your family member is high profile but he should have realised what would happen, not only to himself, but the grief Amare will get for his stupid actions.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2009, 10:04 PM
I agree the guy is guilty and needs to be punished. I just think this is way too harsh.

Yeah, horrible. Amare and his family will have to try to help him appeal. That's way too harsh. Condolences to the family who lost the man, but Amare's brother's role in the situation doesn't deserve that sentence. It's not like they planned to murder the guy and Amare's brother knew about it. It was just a robbery gone wrong.

phyzik
06-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Yeah, horrible. Amare and his family will have to try to help him appeal. That's way too harsh. Condolences to the family who lost the man, but Amare's brother's role in the situation doesn't deserve that sentence. It's not like they planned to murder the guy and Amare's brother knew about it. It was just a robbery gone wrong.

I wish you where the judge that heard my friends case.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2009, 10:10 PM
I wish you where the judge that heard my friends case.

Yeah I'm sorry about your friend too. Do you think they treated that situation differently because it was an innocent old couple stabbed? I mean, if your friend didn't even have knowledge that a robbery was going to take place, 9 years jail time is a lot. I'm usually pretty harsh about criminals (I believe in death penalty in a lot of circumstances) but I think sometimes they don't get that people have different roles in crimes.

One time on First 48, the guy got charged with Capital Murder on a case when he just helped move/dump the body after the fact. Harsh.

BlackSwordsMan
06-26-2009, 10:17 PM
I was about to bring up a case on first 48. Same thing happened him and his friend planned to rob somebody things went bad the friend got killed and the other guy got charged with murder for attempting a felony and someone was killed during the process.

JamStone
06-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Guess Steve Kerr can't draft him now.

phyzik
06-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Yeah I'm sorry about your friend too. Do you think they treated that situation differently because it was an innocent old couple stabbed? I mean, if your friend didn't even have knowledge that a robbery was going to take place, 9 years jail time is a lot. I'm usually pretty harsh about criminals (I believe in death penalty in a lot of circumstances) but I think sometimes they don't get that people have different roles in crimes.

One time on First 48, the guy got charged with Capital Murder on a case when he just helped move/dump the body after the fact. Harsh.

The whole stink about it was that at first they (the old couple) pointed out my friend as one of the culprits, then later changed their mind and said it wasnt him. That was bullshit (as far as saying it was him at first then changing their mind). The other guys got huge sentances, my friend had a chance for probation and me and alot of other friends and family went to vouche for him. the judge must have been having a bad day or something, she wasnt listening to anything we said, she was just going through the motions. In otherwords, we knew after the first of us went up to vouche for his behalf we knew she had already made up her mind. It was fucked up.

The silver lining that comes out of it is that he now has a shit load of college credit and has been a model person in prison, never had any trouble in their. When he gets out he will only need like 2 years to get his masters. If he was out, there was no way his family could afford to send him to college.

21_Blessings
06-27-2009, 12:01 AM
I'll save my tears. How about you don't plan an armed robbery in the first place. That way when it goes awry innocent people don't "accidentally" get shot. Have no problem with these types of sentences for violent type of crimes. He'll be out in less than 5 with good behavior.

If it was 9 years for possession or something then ok, we could weep for the injustice. Why is he conspiring to rob anything in the first place? It's not like his brother is a multi-millionaire.

I feel for the innocent bystander though; always gettting shit on and no one makes a thread about them. Instead let's sympathize with the dude that was conspiring to rob someone at gun point.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Guess Steve Kerr can't draft him now.

:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2009, 12:19 AM
why didnt he just ask his bro for m on ey instead of going out with the wrong crowd of ppl....

Findog
06-27-2009, 12:24 AM
I'll save my tears. How about you don't plan an armed robbery in the first place. That way when it goes awry innocent people don't "accidentally" get shot. Have no problem with these types of sentences for violent type of crimes. He'll be out in less than 5 with good behavior.

If it was 9 years for possession or something then ok, we could weep for the injustice. Why is he conspiring to rob anything in the first place? It's not like his brother is a multi-millionaire.

I feel for the innocent bystander though; always gettting shit on and no one makes a thread about them. Instead let's sympathize with the dude that was conspiring to rob someone at gun point

Classic Strawman argument. Nobody is saying the guy doesn't deserve to go to prison, or the victims aren't the people most deserving of sympathy. That the person who died is the most tragic figure in this kinda goes without saying. You're allowed to hold more than 1 opinion.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 12:48 AM
why didnt he just ask his bro for m on ey instead of going out with the wrong crowd of ppl....

I'd be surprised if Amare has a large amount of money saved up.

Tacker
06-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Why would his brother even be in this situation to rob when he has an older brother making millions.

modtxspur
06-27-2009, 02:58 AM
the mother forgot to say one thing, he was a son, a father, a brother, and oh yea a DRUG DEALER. Pretty easy way to stay alive in this situation, don't be a drug dealer shacked up in a hotel with your loot.

Cry Havoc
06-27-2009, 03:00 AM
The thing that sucks the most about this, Donte Stallworth got 30 days, and he KILLED someone. With his CAR. While DRUNK.

Insane.

21_Blessings
06-27-2009, 03:43 AM
Classic Strawman argument. Nobody is saying the guy doesn't deserve to go to prison, or the victims aren't the people most deserving of sympathy.

Classic Strawman. That wasn't what I was claiming at all.

word
06-27-2009, 06:05 AM
I'm first on the bandwagon with a lot sentencing, particularly in a lot of drug cases but after reading the article I'd say he's damn luck to ONLY get 9 1/2 years. Botched robbery that he CHOSE to participate in, goes bad and someone is killed and he gets 9 years. That doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

Muser
06-27-2009, 06:20 AM

I feel for the innocent bystander though; always gettting shit on and no one makes a thread about them. Instead let's sympathize with the dude that was conspiring to rob someone at gun point.

Agreed

BRHornet45
06-27-2009, 08:44 AM
sons LOL at some of you crying about this being too harsh. only in America do we have people who feel more sorry for the CRIMINAL than the VICTIM.

Also its hilarious how some of you are saying that he was "in the wrong place at the wrong time". gimme a fucking break. this idiot helped plan the robbery which resulted in the death of an innocent man. regardless if they planned to kill the guy or not (which no one will truly ever know)... he still helped plan the robbery, rode in the car with them to do it, and sat back and watched them bring guns to the robbery doing nothing to stop it or remove himself from the situation. he deserves every last day of those 9.5 years.

BUMP
06-27-2009, 09:03 AM
All I gotta say is this,

Speaking from experience, if your gonna do the crime, you better think twice, three, or four times because serving that time sure aint easy.

Prison is serious business

mystargtr34
06-27-2009, 09:04 AM
You went to prison?

What for, if you dont mind me asking?

BUMP
06-27-2009, 09:09 AM
You went to prison?

What for, if you dont mind me asking?

Oh no, i haven't been. The most i've been in is county jail which is nothing really (as long as you stick to your self) but i know a lot of people that have been in the pen and have heard many stories.

Let's just say anybody on this forum would most likely be someone's bitch, including me, and i'm a pretty big guy 6'2 225 mostly muscle

ginobili's bald spot
06-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Let's just say anybody on this forum would most likely be someone's bitch, including me, and i'm a pretty big guy 6'2 2225 mostly muscle

:wow You should be a bodybuilder or something.

BUMP
06-27-2009, 09:16 AM
:wow You should be a bodybuilder or something.

i used to play basketball, football, and soccer in hi school until i just started lifting and gained 30 pounds.

the only sport i play now is soccer :lol

ElNono
06-27-2009, 09:24 AM
i used to play basketball, football, and soccer in hi school until i just started lifting and gained 30 pounds.

You mean you were 2195 pounds before you started lifting? Are you from San Antonio? :lol

BUMP
06-27-2009, 09:26 AM
whoops

BRHornet45
06-27-2009, 09:27 AM

son I bet you have a bigger rack than fellow Texans Jessica Simpson and Roger Clemens.

ginobili's bald spot
06-27-2009, 09:27 AM
You mean you were 2195 pounds before you started lifting? Are you from San Antonio? :lol

Soccer players are usually pretty skinny. It must be pretty tough to Keep your weight above 2,000 with all that cardio.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 09:30 AM
son I bet you have a bigger rack than fellow Texans Jessica Simpson and Roger Clemens.

:lmao Roger Clemens

I'm actually the same size as BUMP and I get what he's saying, you lose a shit ton of finesse and athleticism once you start lifting.

Findog
06-27-2009, 10:33 AM
sons LOL at some of you crying about this being too harsh. only in America do we have people who feel more sorry for the CRIMINAL than the VICTIM.

Strawman.

Also its hilarious blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah sons god bless...

spursfaninla
06-27-2009, 11:35 AM
It is shit like this that makes me glad I am going to law school, to be a public defender.

Our penal system punishes way too harshly in general. Our prisons are 1/3 full of drug users, (or guys who sold a dime to a friend, hence a "dealer") and many of the rest are mostly minorities and the poor. Once you have done time, it is very difficult to get a decent job, so they get channeled back into crime.

When your parents are druggies and you are 10, what do you expect to happen to you if your parents end up in prison? College?

Obama is thankfully listening to reason, and increasing the drug rehab portion of the "drug court" system. The Prison system does nothing, other than create lifetime criminals.

Galileo
06-27-2009, 01:42 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/2009/06/26/20090626amare0627.html

What's the evidence that Amare's brother committed a crime?

The police are, no doubt, alleging a conspiracy. What's the evidence?

I don't believe there is any evidence.

BUMP
06-27-2009, 01:59 PM
What's the evidence that Amare's brother committed a crime?

The police are, no doubt, alleging a conspiracy. What's the evidence?

I don't believe there is any evidence.

Dude.....

text messages, witnesses, if he was there he will be charged.

thats how it is. have you ever heard the phrase "guilty by association"?

BlackBellamy
06-27-2009, 02:05 PM
It is shit like this that makes me glad I am going to law school, to be a public defender.

Our penal system punishes way too harshly in general. Our prisons are 1/3 full of drug users, (or guys who sold a dime to a friend, hence a "dealer") and many of the rest are mostly minorities and the poor. Once you have done time, it is very difficult to get a decent job, so they get channeled back into crime.

When your parents are druggies and you are 10, what do you expect to happen to you if your parents end up in prison? College?

Obama is thankfully listening to reason, and increasing the drug rehab portion of the "drug court" system. The Prison system does nothing, other than create lifetime criminals.

I agree with most of your post, but how the hell does it apply to Amare's brother? He must have had a pretty plush life prior to fucking it all up.

Galileo
06-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Dude.....

text messages, witnesses, if he was there he will be charged.

thats how it is. have you ever heard the phrase "guilty by association"?

You haven't provided any evidence.

Jacob1983
06-27-2009, 04:02 PM
9 and a half years is too much in my opinion. Don't you usually get around 5 years for armed robbery? How do you get more years for just conspiring to commit armbed robbery? It seems you would get less because conspiring and actually going through with the crime are two different things. This case just seems like "being at the wrong place at the wrong time".

BlackBellamy
06-27-2009, 04:14 PM
9 and a half years is too much in my opinion. Don't you usually get around 5 years for armed robbery? How do you get more years for just conspiring to commit armbed robbery? It seems you would get less because conspiring and actually going through with the crime are two different things. This case just seems like "being at the wrong place at the wrong time".

Because someone was killed in the robbery. He's connected to a murder as well as the heist. I think that might be the reason for the rough judgment.

Tully365
06-27-2009, 04:15 PM
The thing that sucks the most about this, Donte Stallworth got 30 days, and he KILLED someone. With his CAR. While DRUNK.

Insane.

So true, and Unbelievable...

To me, this thread shows how so many people are divided by political views instead of a being interested in a fair justice system. Saying that 9+ years is more than others have gotten for far worse crimes (Enron execs, for one, whose actions negatively impacted hundreds of thousands of lives) immediately draws the response that you love criminals, are soft on crime, don't care about victims, etc... nothing could be further from the truth.

BUMP
06-27-2009, 04:54 PM
You haven't provided any evidence.

a text message where you admit to doing something doesnt count as evidence?

BUMP
06-27-2009, 05:01 PM
So true, and Unbelievable...

To me, this thread shows how so many people are divided by political views instead of a being interested in a fair justice system. Saying that 9+ years is more than others have gotten for far worse crimes (Enron execs, for one, whose actions negatively impacted hundreds of thousands of lives) immediately draws the response that you love criminals, are soft on crime, don't care about victims, etc... nothing could be further from the truth.

i am a HUGE prison rights activist.

the fact is that what happens in prisons, even to this day, is totally inhumane. People out there assume that all people in prison are horrible and deserve everything that happens to them.

That couldn't be more incorrect. All it takes is one minute of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and you could be screwed. For the most part they will not care about your safety once you're in the pen. They aren't there for your best interests. Is it fair to throw someone like a check forger in the same cell with a man who's been convicted of multiple counts of first degree murder?

Let's say somebody on this forum is driving a friend around, you take an illegal turn and get pulled over. the cop does a search and your friend has a bag of cocaine under his seat. You go to prison and find yourself in the same room as a gang leader. You will be his bitch the whole time you are there having to watch your back everywhere you go.

Is that fair? hell no. Doing time in prison isn't easy, but unless you are given the death penalty you should be allowed to survive. thats the way i look at it