PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson dominates Amazon.coms Music Rankings

DMX7
06-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Michael Jackson (solo and with Jackson 5) dominates the latest Amazon.com Music Sales Rankings. That's no surprise but the magnitude of the domination is.

Jackson has 18 of the top 20 selling albums. :wow

Jackson's "Thriller" is the only album to break 50 million in sales with a mind blowing 109 million copies sold. I can't imagine how many its going to sell in the next few weeks. It's ranked #1 on the music sales listings right now.

Sense
06-26-2009, 11:21 PM
I knew this would happen.....

it's weird though... this music should've never gotten old.. it never did but somehow we never really listened to it for a period of time.

florige
06-26-2009, 11:46 PM
I knew this would happen.....

it's weird though... this music should've never gotten old.. it never did but somehow we never really listened to it for a period of time.

I guess the fact that he will never make a new album again drives people to get back into his music. It's a shame it has to be that way though. My buddy who works at Wal-Mart says that there wasn't a single MJ cd left anywhere on the shelf. He is also dominating every category on iTunes as well the last time I checked like an hour ago. Hell I might go download a song just for the hell of it just to say I did. Because right now it is the "hip" thing to do.

jman3000
06-26-2009, 11:51 PM
:lol I used to get weird looks whenever I was playing MJ in my car. It became taboo to like his music because he had become such a circus freak. Now everyone's gonna be like "I liked him all this time" when in reality all their MJ collection is about 24 hours old.

jman3000
06-26-2009, 11:52 PM
I guess the fact that he will never make a new album again drives people to get back into his music. It's a shame it has to be that way though. My buddy who works at Wal-Mart says that there wasn't a single MJ cd left anywhere on the shelf. He is also dominating every category on iTunes as well the last time I checked like an hour ago. Hell I might go download a song just for the hell of it just to say I did. Because right now it is the "hip" thing to do.

Apparently he has 100 unreleased songs he was going to release upon death to help his children financially. So there will probably be a few more albums which come out... kinda like when Tupac died.

florige
06-27-2009, 12:12 AM
:lol I used to get weird looks whenever I was playing MJ in my car. It became taboo to like his music because he had become such a circus freak. Now everyone's gonna be like "I liked him all this time" when in reality all their MJ collection is about 24 hours old.

BINGO!!! :lol

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2009, 12:15 AM

i remember during highschool, my friend bought the history cd, moron kept on singing the tunes from it....fkn was pissin me off since it look like he was obsess with MJ or someshit.....

dirk4mvp
06-27-2009, 12:17 AM
Well, no one really gave a shit about Nirvana either.

TDMVPDPOY
06-28-2009, 05:37 AM
seems like everyone else is rushing out to buy his albums and stuff...

what i need now is a vinyl player :( cant believe one of my old mans vinyl records is as old as me....

Frenzy
06-28-2009, 05:18 PM
it's not like they gonna stop making distributing his music.

exstatic
06-28-2009, 06:48 PM
The Elvis syndrome: it's estimated that Elvis sold more music in the 6 months after his death that in the ten years before.