PDA

View Full Version : Thank goodness...

Phenomanul
06-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Notice how the Spurs' wild week has resulted in a purging of most Laker fans from this site...

Not that I don't want them around completely... but their incessant nagging would have been unbearable to endure throughout the summer... I don't think there is anything they can say at this point that could bring down our spirits... not after trading for Jefferson, nabbing Blair and potentially signing someone like Sheed...

Laker fans know that their run for a repeat will be highly contested...

VivaPopovich
06-27-2009, 05:14 AM
if phil jackson doesnt come back it's all over for them. kurt rhambis? that's embarassing.

jefferson + a kick ass draft. and it's not over yet

Obstructed_View
06-27-2009, 05:43 AM
The Laker fans have been hanging around all year because the Lakers were loaded and the Spurs were down. Any failure in that combination results in the vast majority of them looking elsewhere for respect for their overrated superstar.

VivaPopovich
06-27-2009, 05:55 AM
it really tells you a lot about their fanbase when they have to go to a rivals teams forums just to be a bunch of trolls, even in their winning season. makes me glad i am a spurs fan.

Muser
06-27-2009, 05:57 AM
Most Laker fans are very good posters.

SteelerNation
06-27-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm still here. I find comic relief in some of the posts like Obstructed View who thinks Kobe is overrated. Thats like saying Tim Duncan is overrated. Just funny stuff. Anyway....you guys may be on cloud 9 but don't let that fool ya. Laker fans see it for what it is...You are getting back a SG with 2 bad wheels coming off a season ending injury. You got a power forward who has tendinitis and looks like he cant and wont make it through an entire season anymore. And you drafted a kid as your top rookie who has already had 2 ACL surgeries. Yeah, he may have done well in college, but this is an 82 game grind in the pro's and its men not boys who play here. As far as Richard Jefferson goes...I already stated in another thread it was a good pickup, but if you think he is the be all to end all for the Spurs...the guy that will send you over the top...you guys got big problems and are delusional. You better get some bigs, and good ones at that, because the West is filled with them. Dont mean to piss on anyone's parade but its funny that Spurs fans see Richard Jefferson, a SG coming off a season ending injury, and a rookie with two ACl surgeries in his past as the catapults to push them past the Lakers. C'mon now, kids. You guys have won rings, you know better than that.

wut
06-27-2009, 09:37 AM
It's ok...I mean so you're saying you're scared if the Spurs are healthy? :lol

DrHouse
06-27-2009, 12:05 PM
The odds of the Spur's Big 3 being healthy are starting to look like the odds of T-Mac and Yao being healthy.

I think the Spurs have definitely lost whatever it is they had during their peak. The stats may not show it completely, but they just aren't the same team anymore. Their defense is noticeably worse and they can no longer grind out games the way they once did. RJ will help them, but I don't think he helps in the areas they are most deficient. I think as Tim Duncan ages the Spurs need an up and coming young star who can be his backup in the wings the way Duncan was for Robinson at the end of his career.

The game is won in the paint. The Lakers will only get stronger in their interior as Bynum fully rehabs and starts to regain the form he lost. I just don't see the Spurs being able to stop the Laker's 7ft attack with the front line they trot out there. They don't just need a serviceable big alongside Duncan, they need a legit player.

picnroll
06-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Dr House talks about Spurs vulnerablity to injury and then talks about the Lakers improving because the glassman who never gets through a season without a significant injury, Bynum, will get better. Ironic. Blair with no ACLs is healthier than Bynum.

rayray2k8
06-27-2009, 12:16 PM
I see what you mean...
:rolleyes

If Laker fans weren't worried, they wouldn't say anything.
House has downplayed almost everything the spurs have done.
His laker homerism blinds him. :lol

But like you said, there's almost nothing that can be said that will bring our spirits down.

draft87
06-27-2009, 12:28 PM
laker fans never go away. we just act like we don't care between '05-feb '08

laker nation in full effect. dynasty dynasty. your old. dynasty.

go lakers go

DrHouse
06-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Dr House talks about Spurs vulnerablity to injury and then talks about the Lakers improving because the glassman who never gets through a season without a significant injury, Bynum, will get better. Ironic. Blair with no ACLs is healthier than Bynum.

Bynum is not as big of a piece for the Lakers as Ginobili and Duncan are for the Spurs.

That's the difference. Bynum can go down or not be at 100% and the Lakers can still win NBA championships.

He's an added bonus, not the core.

picnroll
06-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Bynum is not as big of a piece for the Lakers as Ginobili and Duncan are for the Spurs.

That's the difference. Bynum can go down or not be at 100% and the Lakers can still win NBA championships.

He's an added bonus, not the core.

Get back to us when Buss shells out for Odom and Ariza.

Obstructed_View
06-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Lakerfan should still be celebrating their championship, but is instead in here whistling in the graveyard about next year.

You guys are right about one thing though: Spurs injuries are the only way your team wins championships, so you'd better start hoping now.

Mugen
06-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Most Laker fans are very good posters.

with one glaring, retarded exception.

4RINGS
06-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Laker fans, please tell Kobe shine up the trophy we are coming to get it...

4RINGS
06-27-2009, 05:15 PM
The Laker fans at the office are real quite right now... I think they are very nervous.

Chillen
06-27-2009, 05:16 PM
The odds of the Spur's Big 3 being healthy are starting to look like the odds of T-Mac and Yao being healthy.

I think the Spurs have definitely lost whatever it is they had during their peak. The stats may not show it completely, but they just aren't the same team anymore.

I strongly disagree. The health of Ginobili has been holding this team back after winning the 2007 NBA title. They advanced to the WCF in 2008 and lost to the Lakers, they clearly needed more athleticism and they addressed that. Ginobili missed the playoffs in 2009 and Duncan had some knee trouble and got beat by Dallas in the 1st rd. Clearly health has been an issue with this team since the WCF in 2008. The funny thing is that it may turn out to be a blessing, they will get to rest after competing so hard year in and year out. I expect to see the big 3 healthy and well rested in the 2010 season, ready to compete for the championship. The addition of Jefferson will help if Manu's ankle flares up again and if they sign Sheed, on paper that could be a dangerous team.

Health is an issue with any team, your Lakers team will probably be tired next season at times after competing and winning the championship, the question is will both Lakers and Spurs be healthy when the playoffs come and that would make for an excellent series. That's a ways off for sure, but I hope they play eachother again.

If Kobe starts having ankle problems, that would affect your teams chances bigtime.

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Laker fans are naturally insecure, it's been like this forever..they would randomly make threads last year about how the Spurs can't beat the Lakers, which was strange, since all of us already admitted and came to terms that wouldn't be able to beat the Lakers last year..

They like to involve their team in any conversation, even when it has nothing to do with them..

Go to RealGM and find a random thread, you can almost guarantee that one of the Church of Kobe followers will mention him for no reason..they're just naturally insecure, they make up "facts" that they end up believing, they have some kind of twisted logic..they idolize an alleged rapist that shits on his teammates/organization..

SteelerNation
06-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Funny shit.....once again. You Spurs fans have either rode the short bus to school or are age 13 and under. You guys think we are scared? LOL. You got your best players in wheelchairs and your top rookie with knees of a 68 year old. Were you born stupid or did you practice at it?

SteelerNation
06-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Laker fans are naturally insecure, it's been like this forever..they would randomly make threads last year about how the Spurs can't beat the Lakers, which was strange, since all of us already admitted and came to terms that wouldn't be able to beat the Lakers last year..

They like to involve their team in any conversation, even when it has nothing to do with them..

Go to RealGM and find a random thread, you can almost guarantee that one of the Church of Kobe followers will mention him for no reason..they're just naturally insecure, they make up "facts" that they end up believing, they have some kind of twisted logic..they idolize an alleged rapist that shits on his teammates/organization..

There is no one here who takes you seriously. Just trying to help a kid out.

4RINGS
06-27-2009, 07:30 PM

WOW! Laker fans do frequent this board! That is the best complement the Spurs fans can have, Laker fans looking over their shoulder. Here we come, bad legs and all... hahahaha

cornbread
06-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Funny shit.....once again. You Spurs fans have either rode the short bus to school or are age 13 and under.
We had to get on the short bus because the Laker fans took up all the room on the bandwagon.

Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2009, 07:37 PM
TBH, I don't think the absence of Lakers fans as of late is due to our acquisitions..

a bunch of them are probably in jail, or just coming out, for attempting to completely destroy their own city after their team won the title..what class acts, following in the foot steps of Kobe..

Unfortunately for them, most of them don't have the $ to get them off the hook like Mr.Bryant..

SteelerNation is an exception of course, since it looks like he lives in Pittsburgh..a fan of the most winning NFL franchise, and the Lakers..somebody enjoys riding the bandwagon..

Spursmania
06-28-2009, 11:36 AM

WTF? Dumb ass Noobie Laker poster:lol If anyone's opinion isn't taken seriously, it's certainly yours not HarlemHeat's. This is a Spurs Forum in case you haven't noticed dumbass. GTFO.

Spursmania
06-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Funny shit.....once again. You Spurs fans have either rode the short bus to school or are age 13 and under. You guys think we are scared? LOL. You got your best players in wheelchairs and your top rookie with knees of a 68 year old. Were you born stupid or did you practice at it?

Classic Laker fan insults:lol
Still insecure.

dbestpro
06-28-2009, 11:57 AM

It's Laker fantast time. Only a Laker fan would be having fantasies of those on a short bus, under 13 or over 68.