PDA

View Full Version : second round pick is not guaranteee?

qiuyizeng
06-26-2009, 11:59 PM
ask a question

qiuyizeng
06-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Nope. But I think we are going to keep Blair.

Just a guess though.
better keep him,the guy can penalize lakers.

Ditty
06-27-2009, 12:06 AM
blair is a lock

mclinton will be in d league might get maybe a half million dollar contract

timvp
06-27-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm going to guess the Spurs will give Blair a guaranteed contract. They might give him two guaranteed seasons.

His agent talked about two guaranteed at higher than the minimum. I don't know about though. Hopefully we don't see any sort of contract dispute that keeps him out of summer league.

Darkwaters
06-27-2009, 12:25 AM
I do have a question though. When signing draft picks we can just sign them so long as they do not put us at or over the hard cap right? We won't have to save our MLE or LLE for Gist or Blair right?

You can always sign a player to a minimum contract...regardless of how over the cap you are. Whether that be the true minimum (485,000 or so) or the veteran's minimum (1.2M or so) depends on the player. Also, these players don't count against you for luxury tax concerns.

timvp
06-27-2009, 01:23 AM
I do have a question though. When signing draft picks we can just sign them so long as they do not put us at or over the hard cap right? We won't have to save our MLE or LLE for Gist or Blair right?If you sign a second rounder to a deal over the minimum, you have to use either cap room or an exception. With the Spurs, that'd mean they'd have to use MLE space or LLE.

Gist won't cost more than the minimum. Blair is the one whose agent will likely push for more than the minimum ... but the Spurs probably won't budge. Most they'd give him is probably like two years at the minimum.

Actually, now that I think about it, the Spurs gave Chris Carrawell two years at the minimum guaranteed. But after he pouted his way through summer league and the beginning of the preseason schedule, they waived him and ate the contract.

You can always sign a player to a minimum contract...regardless of how over the cap you are. Whether that be the true minimum (485,000 or so) or the veteran's minimum (1.2M or so) depends on the player. Also, these players don't count against you for luxury tax concerns.

Minimum contracts do count against the luxury tax. Sometimes more, sometimes less ... depending on how many years the player has been in the league.

timvp
06-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Yeah but gist and Blair want a bit above minimum.
Gist doesn't.

D_Blair45_fan
06-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Blair is already talking about having to prove everyone wrong and how he has done it all of his life. "Fella" as he is called is already fired up and ready to go.

xellos88330
06-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Maybe the Spurs could give him 2 years front heavy at an undisclosed amount? Think that would shut his agent up?

Kori Ellis
06-27-2009, 01:59 AM
I think that Blair will get a minimum contract, 2 years, team option on the second. They have been pretty clear that he's a risk. So, I don't think are going to invest the money out of the LLE or MLE on him.

Gist - I don't think he'll get a fully guaranteed contract until after training camp (if even then). Unless he really goes wild in summer league or something.

spurspokesman
06-27-2009, 06:24 AM
I think that Blair will get a minimum contract, 2 years, team option on the second. They have been pretty clear that he's a risk. So, I don't think are going to invest the money out of the LLE or MLE on him.

Gist - I don't think he'll get a fully guaranteed contract until after training camp (if even then). Unless he really goes wild in summer league or something.
Yup. If he balls well his first season. Throw him a couple more duckets. I hope they don't get crazy. 1 mill is tops for him right now

spursfan1000
06-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Spurs said they got a steal in Blair so im guessing they will give him a guarenteed contract.

qiuyizeng
06-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Spurs said they got a steal in Blair so im guessing they will give him a guarenteed contract.
i hope so,and i like this guy's attitude ,including passion and energy.