PDA

View Full Version : My one wish for this offseason:

Xylus
06-27-2009, 02:33 AM
Keep Amare Stoudemire. For the love of god, please don't trade him for half his value. If I have only one request granted this offseason, it must be this. Dude's gonna average career highs this season and we'll regret shipping him out, I guarantee it.

Post your offseason wishes, Spurstalk.

And a little Nash-to-Amare action...

4SOwamlf8OE

NewJerSpur
06-27-2009, 02:39 AM
My wish is for Michael Finley to give up his roster spot to someone who can have a larger impact on the Spurs.

duncan228
06-27-2009, 02:40 AM
If I have one wish it's for Duncan's knees to rehab well enough for him to survive the season and rise for the Playoffs.

If the basketball genie is granting 3 wishes I'd add:

Manu to come back healthy.

The Spurs to bring in a decent big.

Kamnik
06-27-2009, 02:49 AM
Big 4 to stay healthy!

R4R
06-27-2009, 02:54 AM
Yao stays healthy. Please.

lefty
06-27-2009, 02:55 AM
Kobe to go to a Colorado resort this summer

timtonymanu
06-27-2009, 02:57 AM
a championship roster.

Cry Havoc
06-27-2009, 02:59 AM
A decent 5 and team health.

Lars
06-27-2009, 03:41 AM
Can I get just one full season with our entire roster healthy? Please?

Thompson
06-27-2009, 04:07 AM
To crush our enemies, see them driven before us
And to hear the lamentations of their women.

That and health for all of our guys.

Muser
06-27-2009, 06:23 AM
Already got two wishes come true, a legit 3 and a backup 4. Now we just need a FA big and we're set.

tomtom
06-27-2009, 06:44 AM
A veteran point

DeadlyDynasty
06-27-2009, 07:32 AM
To crush our enemies, see them driven before us
And to hear the lamentations of their women.

That and health for all of our guys.

Conan!..What is best in life?!

My one wish is to retain our roster, yet somehow get rid of Vujacic. If I had another wish, it'd be for Shannon Brown to start at PG next year

redzero
06-27-2009, 08:13 AM
My wish would be for the Hornets to trade for LeBron James.

dirk4mvp
06-27-2009, 08:14 AM
For the Mavs' to make 1 competent FO move.

Spursmania
06-27-2009, 08:35 AM
if i have one wish it's for duncan's knees to rehab well enough for him to survive the season and rise for the playoffs.

If the basketball genie is granting 3 wishes i'd add:

Manu to come back healthy.

The spurs to bring in a decent big.

+10000

ShoogarBear
06-27-2009, 09:06 AM
That it be over soon. :hungry:

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 09:11 AM
I'll be ok with keeping Amare if the Canadian Cancer is traded.

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2009, 09:16 AM
you guys tankn this season doesnt help you when ur first round pick belongs to another team lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 09:18 AM
you guys tankn this season doesnt help you when ur first round pick belongs to another team lol

Yeah Thanks I didn't know.

BUMP
06-27-2009, 09:18 AM

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 09:21 AM
And Xylus, Nash wants Amare traded. If the front office seems desperate to trade Amare below value, it's cause Nash is pushing for him to be traded, just like what they did with Shaq.

Brazil
06-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Just 2 for me: an healthy team + a proven big.

Xylus
06-27-2009, 10:29 AM
And Xylus, Nash wants Amare traded. If the front office seems desperate to trade Amare below value, it's cause Nash is pushing for him to be traded, just like what they did with Shaq.

Why would Nash want Amare traded? Amare's one of the best finishers in the game and plays the same tempo as Nash. I know they've never been good friends, but why would Nash want to trade his best chance of making the playoffs?

Findog
06-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Stack/Damp/Terry for 1 All Star and 2 solid rotation pieces.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Why would Nash want Amare traded? Amare's one of the best finishers in the game and plays the same tempo as Nash. I know they've never been good friends, but why would Nash want to trade his best chance of making the playoffs?

Don't ask me why, all I know is Nash wants Amare traded. Gambo and Ash have reported it multiple times, and Nash's comments about "Wanting more active big men" weren't just subtle jabs at Shaq, they were jabs at Amare as well. Nash has made it pretty clear he wants Amare gone. Nash has also made it clear he doesn't care about making the playoffs, very clear.

But as far as Amare goes, they're simply not getting any good offers. It would have been great if our GM knew how to shop a player quietly so the player didn't hear about it, but I'm giving Amare credit because he has remained relatively quiet about it. I actually think it's unfair how much Amare's "bad attitude" is exemplified, he's by no means a model citizen but Nash is a way bigger selfish prick than Amare is.

Unless they were to get Anthony Randolph, this Golden State deal should be dead.

pauls931
06-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Keep Amare Stoudemire. For the love of god, please don't trade him for half his value. If I have only one request granted this offseason, it must be this. Dude's gonna average career highs this season and we'll regret shipping him out, I guarantee it.

Post your offseason wishes, Spurstalk.

And a little Nash-to-Amare action...

4SOwamlf8OE

kerr is tard. amare is gone. marion gone for nothin...

IronMexican
06-27-2009, 12:17 PM
I want to get laid as much as possible in the off-season.

Thompson
06-27-2009, 04:14 PM
My wish would be for the Hornets to trade for LeBron James.

You never know. Maybe the Cavs realize he's gone anyway and decide to hitch their wagon to the Peja Stojakavic express.

Oh come on, at least wish for something remotely possible like redzero.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 04:19 PM
kerr is tard. amare is gone. marion gone for nothin...

If Amare is traded, don't completely blame Kerr. And as a Nash fan, you have no right to whine about a player being traded when Nash was behind him being traded. Nash wants Amare traded just as much as he wants Shaq traded.

It's disgusting Nash is able to hide behind Kerr and blame him for all the trades he campaigned for.

DenDen
06-27-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm a rocket fan, so you already know whats on my wishlist. If tmac made a full recovery, and come back to his orlando form that be just sweet.

JMarkJohns
06-29-2009, 02:02 PM
If they are going to keep Amare and Nash, then they should swap Wallace for Chandler, resign Hill for one more year and make a go at things for two years.

But all of that would require Sarver spending money on an unproven group of players, so that's highly unlikely to happen.

Unholy Turkey
06-29-2009, 04:20 PM
T-mac goes back to Orlando form miraculously.
Yao does something, ANYTHING, to make himself be able to survive the NBA.
Artest takes a chill pill.
Brooks learns not to play like Rafer.
Landry gets the mad hops he had in his rookie season.

So in a nutshell, I want to be like a spoiled child this off season.

mojorizen7
06-29-2009, 05:50 PM

Its as much about moving on and ending an era(The Nash Era) as it is about rebuilding.
Just because us tanking does OKC a favor doesn't mean we should hold on to the fantasy off a first rd exit and extend Nashy,resign G.Hill, and go all in to compete for one season. B_L_O_W I_T U_P

My wish? Nash to the KNICKS.....soon.

JMarkJohns
07-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Here's a question worth asking.

With Utah being stuck with the contracts of players like Boozer, Okur and Korver for an additional year, therefore hindering their ability to resign restricted FA Millsap, would Utah be interested in trading Boozer to Phoenix, striaght up, for Ben Wallace?

If the reports on Wallace are correct, then the money saved via buyout or retirement could enable Utah to resign/match for Millsap.

And, unlike a Wallace for Chandler trade, which requires Phoenix to take on an additional year of 10+ million in salary, Boozer is done this next offseason.

I know he's not a defender, nor an athlete, but he's a quality player and worth the trade, IMO, again, providing Utah is desperate enough to trade Boozer for nothing (which isn't a reach considering they were willing to let him walk, and are reportedly trying to trade him during this offseason).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-01-2009, 02:09 PM
JMJ that's an interesting idea. Truthfully though, I think Sarver's #1 goal this off season is to trim payroll. I know Kerr says he thinks this team will be good next year but I think they both know the team is going to suck, Sarver doesn't care about how good the team is because IMO he's going to sell it before it has any chance at being good again.

JMarkJohns
07-01-2009, 02:15 PM
It's a solid money-making plan, though. Boozer ads better athleticism than Shaq and about equal rebounding. Again, the defense will be subpar, but with improved rebounding, maybe that can be lessened?

If Sarver wants to make money with one last run, I think Boozer is there for the taking.

That's the commitment necessary to get Hill to resign (likely).

It's not a Title-contender, so ultimately it is just postponing a rebuild, but with approximately 50 million coming off the CAP in Nash, Amare, Boozer, Pavlovic, Amundson, Tucker, Dudley and Maybe Lopez, the Suns wouldn't exactly be any worse off for their future for making the trade and, again, would make more money than if they simply run a sub-par team out to lose half their games.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh I agree it's a great trade for them but it doesn't save any money. They'll probably use the amnesty provision on Wallace which doesn't provide any cap relief but eliminates the luxury tax possibility.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-01-2009, 02:35 PM
http://www.garybabb.net/SteveMartinChristmasWish.gif

"And if I had two wishes for this offseason..."

LnGrrrR
07-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Since everyone else is cheating and throwing out more than 1 wish...

1) KG comes back healthy, for the whole year, including playoffs.

2) We don't trade Rondo.

3) We resign Powe and Big Baby.

4) The papparazzi get a picture of Kobe wearing ballerina tights while sucking off LeBron James.