PDA

View Full Version : Corey Maggette or Richard Jefferson?

NickiRasgo
06-27-2009, 05:16 AM
If Corey Maggette acquired last year. Who fits among the two of them of the Pop's system?

Mal
06-27-2009, 05:21 AM
Next....

timtonymanu
06-27-2009, 05:22 AM
Richard Jefferson >>>>>> Corey Maggette.

afireinside20
06-27-2009, 05:42 AM
No doubt about it, it's Jefferson!! It's a no-brainer.

Obstructed_View
06-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Tim Duncan or Kwame Brown?

VivaPopovich
06-27-2009, 05:54 AM
richard jefferson and it isnt even close

Muser
06-27-2009, 05:57 AM

:lol

benefactor
06-27-2009, 06:49 AM
I know it's been mentioned before...but I think the 100 post minimum rule before you can start a thread should be seriously considered.

polandprzem
06-27-2009, 07:13 AM

Both were 1st pick in a draft - we can start fom there

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2009, 09:14 AM
look both are shit contracts

i would absorb a better shit contract then either of those 2

bdictjames
06-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Maggette is more of a one-on-one player.

timvp
06-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Jefferson by miles.

galvatron3000
06-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Jefferson suit them far better

angelbelow
06-27-2009, 10:36 AM
jefferson....

iilluzioN
06-27-2009, 10:55 AM

:lol

florige
06-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Maggette to me comes off as a ball hawk. RJ seems more of a team player that fits perfectly into our system.

Dex
06-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Not landing Maggette might have been one of the greatest Non-Moves the Spurs ever didn't make. Not only did he prove to be a bust last season, but RJ is miles ahead of him as far as fitting into the Spurs system and being a Pop type of player.

Not trading down from 37 was a good one, too. :)

thOOdee
06-27-2009, 01:18 PM
RJ>vince>maggette

Jerry Tarkanian
06-27-2009, 01:44 PM
stacey augmon or larry johnson? i had BOTH bitches.

Darkwaters
06-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Deron Williams or Jacque Vaughn?

Tully365
06-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Jefferson plays defense and has always been well liked by his team-mates. Maggette doesn't play D, doesn't pass, and occasionally has team-mates yelling at him on the court while the game is in progress for being selfish.... I'll go with Jefferson.

rayray2k8
06-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Why bother asking? we have Jefferson now.
RJ not good enough for ya?

4RINGS
06-27-2009, 04:10 PM
POP likes RJ, enough said...

Scola
06-27-2009, 04:13 PM
On paper, they had similar numbers :

Jeff : 19.6 ppg, 4.6 apg, 43% fg, in 35 minute pg (15.5 PER) -- $13.2million
Mag : 18.6 ppg, 5.5 apg, 46% fg, in 31 minutes pg (16.9 PER) -- $8.2million

The two of them are 29 years old and have about the same level of athleticism. Both are overpaid but Jeff makes about 2x as much as Mag.
Magg does have a reputation for not playing good defense, however many of these people bashing him were the same ones saying we should of signed him last year.

lotr1trekkie
06-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Jeff is a perfect fit for the Spurs because he will moderate his shot selection to meet the needs of the night. Sometimes 30 points sometimes 12. Maggette is a pure volume shooter.

thekingrobert
06-27-2009, 06:48 PM
if maggs 3 shot is better than him he gets to the free throw line a ton also

NickiRasgo
06-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Sorry for not reading the rules, this will be my first and last time for making a thread below 100 posts.

Thanks for the reply, 'cause last year I'm very excited about Corey Maggette to be a Spur but this year we have Richard Jefferson so cheers. :D And I just wondering who fits among them to our team.

Go For Tree
06-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Sorry for not reading the rules, this will be my first and last time for making a thread below 100 posts.

Thanks for the reply, 'cause last year I'm very excited about Corey Maggette to be a Spur but this year we have Richard Jefferson so cheers. :D And I just wondering who fits among them to our team.

dont apologize for starting a thread. you dont have to follow assholes rules. post whenever and whatever you want.

:wgaf:

spursncowboys
06-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Definitely without a doubt-Christian Laitner

spurs opsman
06-28-2009, 07:20 AM
<p>
Maggette to me comes off as a ball hawk. RJ seems more of a team player that fits perfectly into our system.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
+1

rascal
06-28-2009, 08:19 AM
Jefferson. He is a better finisher and will run better in transistion with Parker's speed.

rascal
06-28-2009, 08:26 AM
On paper, they had similar numbers :

Jeff : 19.6 ppg, 4.6 apg, 43% fg, in 35 minute pg (15.5 PER) -- $13.2million
Mag : 18.6 ppg, 5.5 apg, 46% fg, in 31 minutes pg (16.9 PER) -- $8.2million

The two of them are 29 years old and have about the same level of athleticism. Both are overpaid but Jeff makes about 2x as much as Mag.
Magg does have a reputation for not playing good defense, however many of these people bashing him were the same ones saying we should of signed him last year.

Any player automaticlly becomes a better player just by putting on the Spur's jersey to some on here.

Obstructed_View
06-28-2009, 08:37 AM

Many of the people hoping to land Maggette were also hoping to land Ricky Davis. That hope was not a sign that they were quality acquisitions, but more a sign of how thin the Spurs lineup had become and how desperately they needed any kind of talent. There's not a single person that wanted Maggs that would have chosen him over Richard Jefferson. Not one. Jefferson wasn't available and anyone bringing him up would have been laughed at for posting a pipe-dream.

Does Jefferson have a bad contract? Yep. You'd best be thanking your personal god that he had that bad contract because it's the only reason he's a Spur today.

He's still more valuable to the Spurs than 1.6 Corey Maggetes would be.

senorglory
12-16-2009, 05:05 AM
Golden State Warriors' Corey Maggette battles perceptions

By Marcus Thompson II

[email protected]
Posted: 12/10/2009 10:30:51 PM PST
Updated: 12/11/2009 09:53:32 AM PST

CHICAGO — Hurt. Confused. A bit angry. That's how Warriors forward Corey Maggette said he feels about his home fans booing him, which has been the case of late at Oracle Arena.

"It's not pleasant at all," Maggette said. "I remember the time when Al Harrington was here, and he was getting booed and he was asking to be traded. And I saw it when (Stephen Jackson) was here, and he was asking to be traded. And now, I'm getting booed for wanting to be part of this team through all this nonsense."

Then, he breathes, and he remembers. See, for Maggette, this is not so much about his relationship with the fans as it is yet another inner tussle. It's the latest in a career of challenges to his developing character, in a series of spiritual obstacles that eventually, he prays, will make him into the complete person.

The negative attention he got for being Duke's first one-and-done. His reputation for being selfish. His propensity for injury. Even the current struggles of the Warriors. Maggette views them all as training to build the kind of strength others can't see. It's times like today, when he can return home to the Chicago, that Maggette remembers where he gets the wherewithal to repeatedly power through.

"That's why, man, you've got to have faith," Maggette said. "It's from my grandfather, Rev. Willie B. Dugan, and what has been instilled in me. It helps me through any situation. You can beat up on me. You can spit on me. I will keep getting up."

Though he grew up on the west side of Chicago, in Melrose Park, Ill., Maggette got into Fenwick High in suburban Oak Park. Think "Finding Forrester," the 2000 movie featuring Sean Connery about a young, African American from the 'hood who wound up playing ball for a prestigious, Ivy League-type of high school.

Maggette was that kid, trying to keep up, to show he was more than an athlete, to show he wasn't a sellout.

The struggle continued at Duke, after he was a three-time Parade All-American at Fenwick. Maggette bolted for the NBA after one season with the Blue Devils. He was considered part of what was wrong with young ballplayers having been among the first to leave Duke early, especially after it surfaced that he took cash payments from AAU coach Myron Piggee.

So by the time he got into the professional ranks and became a bona fide scorer in the NBA, it was easy to label him as selfish. Sure, Maggette has been on one winning team in 10-plus seasons and he averages 2.2 assists for his career.

But him? Selfish?

"I don't think he's selfish at all," guard Monta Ellis said. "He tries to make plays for others. He tries to get everybody involved. He tries to do what's best for the team. With anybody, when your play is called for you, that's your play. Him selfish? Naw, I wouldn't say that."

Maggette said he's growing such that he doesn't see jabs at him as attacks anymore. Instead, they are tests of his faith.

They all are. The talk about the five-year, $50 million contract he signed with the Warriors in 2008 being too much. The fact that he's never played a full season. And, yes, his being booed at home every time he misses a jumper.

They all serve as opportunities for even more development. Cross training for the soul.

"It's been a big thing for me to always try to prove people wrong," said Maggette, whose Corey Cares Foundation is bringing 20 kids from his old neighborhood to tonight's game. "I just need to endure what's going on. It's a spiritual battle. I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm going to press on. It's a fight. ... In the beginning, I didn't understand it. Sometimes I still don't. But I've got to understand that and keep moving."

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_13974383?nclick_check=1

mogrovejo
01-11-2010, 06:43 PM
The booing from the fans may have been a tipping point in Maggette's career. He looks like a new player now.

The Spurs should propose a Jefferson+Finley for Maggette+Raja Bell trade. Helps both teams.

Scrap this, it doesn't work. Jefferson+Mahinmi+Haislip+1st rounder for Maggette+Turiaf.

crc21209
01-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Jefferson is a better all-around player than Maggette will ever be. If Maggette isnt getting shots, you know that guy is un-happy...

murpjf88
01-11-2010, 06:52 PM
dont apologize for starting a thread. You dont have to follow assholes rules. Post whenever and whatever you want.

:wgaf:

+1

Jefferson is better than maggette. Maggette is a bit of a head case.

easy7
01-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Jefferson because he is more of a team player.

HarlemHeat37
01-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Maggette is better this year, but this is really an anomaly for Maggette based on the rest of his career..I don't know what happened to him, but he's turned it around this year..similar to Zach Randolph's turnaround..I wonder what's going on with these guys..

bigdog
01-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Maggette is talented, but is a ball hog and a bitch. By now, Pop would have choked him. He hasn't choked RJ yet.

RJ is a better player by far.