PDA

View Full Version : Got my 16-Disc Spurs Championship series from Amazon

ambchang
06-27-2009, 08:41 AM
And the first thing I watch, is, of course, the 4th Q and OT of 2005 Game 5, aka as the Horry game.

Man, even though I know every single play, it still frustrates the hell out of me with bad plays and such.

Detroit was the real deal, Larry Brown did a great job adjusting the game plan after Game 2.

Duncan was obviously hurt, and his energy level and play drops exponentially as the game goes on. Thank Goodness for Horry.

That team had it all and could be beat any team in the last 20 years with a healthy Duncan and Ginobili.

I also got the 85 lakers series, can't wait to see those.

ambchang
06-27-2009, 08:46 AM
BTW, I wish there was like an extra DVD for every championship year with all the post game, big plays of the previous rounds etc. Better yet, I wish they have the 99 Portland series, 99 Lakers series, 03 Lakers series, 03 Mavs series, 05 Seattle series and 07 Suns series for sale as well.

Why would the NBA not have custom-made DVDs anyways? Not that hard to make? Just get some software and rip the DVDs and label them for shipping!

DBMethos
06-27-2009, 08:50 AM
That 2005 Game 5 is easily my most favorite game out of all our Finals appearances. Horry's explosion is simply the best thing ever. (Although it still quite irks me that Duncan missed that gimme tip-in at the end of regulation!)

Spursmania
06-27-2009, 08:56 AM
I haven't received mine yet. Can't wait though.

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2009, 09:15 AM
BTW, I wish there was like an extra DVD for every championship year with all the post game, big plays of the previous rounds etc. Better yet, I wish they have the 99 Portland series, 99 Lakers series, 03 Lakers series, 03 Mavs series, 05 Seattle series and 07 Suns series for sale as well.

Why would the NBA not have custom-made DVDs anyways? Not that hard to make? Just get some software and rip the DVDs and label them for shipping!

pontel.com dunno if they still sell games, but its around 20bucks per game or someshit, they got a huge catalogue of various american sports games

ambchang
06-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Problem with Pontel is that:
1) They are extremely expensive
2) they don't have many of the games I want
3) I am not sure if it's legal.

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2009, 09:25 AM

yeh their prices are bs....

they have a redistribution rights with the NBA...

knicksfan89
06-29-2009, 04:29 AM

I have been a regular customer of pontel for 11 years and it is all legal they have a contract with the nba

VivaPopovich
06-29-2009, 04:38 AM
And the first thing I watch, is, of course, the 4th Q and OT of 2005 Game 5, aka as the Horry game.

Man, even though I know every single play, it still frustrates the hell out of me with bad plays and such.

Detroit was the real deal, Larry Brown did a great job adjusting the game plan after Game 2.

Duncan was obviously hurt, and his energy level and play drops exponentially as the game goes on. Thank Goodness for Horry.

That team had it all and could be beat any team in the last 20 years with a healthy Duncan and Ginobili.

I also got the 85 lakers series, can't wait to see those.

nice! the 2005 championship will always be my personal favorite

for the first time in a long time we saw two coaches and teams that were advocates of team ball and defense square off in the nba finals and it did not disappoint as it went to 7 games!!! if only we could have seen those exact 2 squads face off every year

people forget how close game 7 was, detroit nearly won

i'll never forget rip hamilton in the locker room in total agony

i gotta get that dvd series too. but i'm in no rush as we'll have plenty more footage to come :flag: