PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking about people calling the suns done..

sook
06-27-2009, 12:30 PM
And I agree...

But what if they traded back for marion? :lol

But seriously, they can pretty much go back to 75% of the previous suns with the dantoni system (i believe gentry uses the same) and can win a lot of games, Amare and nash were the corner stone then and they have J rich now that can somewhat compensate for marion.

Just a thought...

sook
06-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Nash
Jrich
Hill
PF they should trade for
Amare

I think they should sign Hedo and play him and the PF. That would be a godo team

Spursmania
06-27-2009, 12:46 PM
With how Kerr and Sarver have dismantled that team, they are done for the near future.

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2009, 01:30 PM
they will continue to lose

weak upfront

and fkn no defense

BacktoBasics
06-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Reminds me of a Nellie team. Built to sell tickets not win championships.

VivaPopovich
06-27-2009, 02:38 PM
i dont see how bringing marion back solves anything

the old system couldnt win a ring at its prime. the league has gotten more competitive since.

Amaso
06-27-2009, 02:58 PM
i dont see how bringing marion back solves anything

the old system couldnt win a ring at its prime. the league has gotten more competitive since.

Yeah it could, and they should've.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Yeah it could, and they should've.

That team cannot win a ring in today's NBA. This isn't 2005-2007 anymore where Dallas and San Antonio were the only competition in the West.

If that team couldn't win in 2007, it will never win period.

VivaPopovich
06-27-2009, 03:32 PM
they shouldnt have dealt him to begin with and they should bring him back if they can, but that by itself won't do much

the suns are a terrible rebounding team

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2009, 03:36 PM
They should have dealt Marion a lot earlier than they did. He's a choking cancer.

kobyz
06-27-2009, 05:22 PM
do the Suns will extend their team option of 13,000,000 for Steve Nash?

Xylus
06-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Too bad we can't get Tyson Chandler.

Banzai
06-28-2009, 12:11 AM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/monorail_cat.gif (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/monorail_cat.gif)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Too bad we can't get Tyson Chandler.

Amare and Chandler hate each other I thought you were on when JMJ explained the background there.....

Xylus
06-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Amare and Chandler hate each other I thought you were on when JMJ explained the background there.....

You seem to know a lot about who Amare gets along with. If you didn't talk so much trash about him, I'd think you were Stoudemire himself. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 12:43 AM
You seem to know a lot about who Amare gets along with. If you didn't talk so much trash about him, I'd think you were Stoudemire himself. :lol

I had just heard it somewhere I had no idea why until JMJ explained it.

And at this point, keeping Amare is the best thing they can do. I don't want to trade him for the Andres Biedrins poo poo platter.

lefty
06-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Suns are done

mojorizen7
06-28-2009, 06:27 AM
But seriously, they can pretty much go back to 75% of the previous suns with the dantoni system (i believe gentry uses the same) and can win a lot of games, Amare and nash were the corner stone then and they have J rich now that can somewhat compensate for marion.
50+ and fade.............same ole shit.

Say no to Small ball.

It's a gimmick and it sucks.

Culburn369
06-28-2009, 11:25 AM
O & 42!

Kamnik
06-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Suns are done in any case... No trade can put them into being a contender right now.

Blow up the team & rebuild.

I would trade both Nash&Amare away for some younger cornerstones. Both of their trade values will be going southwards, especially Nash's.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Kamnik, I'm going to cry if Dragic goes to the Spurs. Please change that.

kcplayboi_26
06-28-2009, 11:41 AM
small ball is geeeeeeeeyy

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 11:43 AM
small ball is geeeeeeeeyy

Not if you're content with not winning a championship :bang

Culburn369
06-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Nash is running it in Phoenix. Porter got in his way and Nash ran him off, albeit with $7 million of the old man's money. Daddy got in his way and Nash ran him off (because the hump sabotaged it & wouldn't make the simple dump in to Daddy), with $20+ million of the old man's money. Amare is next. The kicker? It was Amare who went to Texas and brought Nash back. Nash has it set up precisely how he wants it here, and he ain't lettin' anybody ruin it. It's his town. It's his two MVPs. It's his SSOL. When Kerr went to NYC to pow wow with Nash---Nash read him the riot act, told him how it was gonna be. Oh, yeah, and Nash want's extension and a raise.

O & 42!

Spursmania
06-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Kamnik, I'm going to cry if Dragic goes to the Spurs. Please change that.

Explain?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Explain?

Explain what? Goran Dragic is my favorite player left on the Suns and I think if the coaching staff is patient with him and gives him time he'll be very good. I'm naturally going to be pissed if he goes to the Spurs.....

Spursmania
06-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Explain what? Goran Dragic is my favorite player left on the Suns and I think if the coaching staff is patient with him and gives him time he'll be very good. I'm naturally going to be pissed if he goes to the Spurs.....

I was asking because I didn't know there was a chance he might come to the Spurs. With this past week's excitement for the Spurs, I just didn't realize he was a serious option.:toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 03:46 PM
I was asking because I didn't know there was a chance he might come to the Spurs. With this past week's excitement for the Spurs, I just didn't realize he was a serious option.:toast

He's not, I think Kamnik's message is partially a joke, I was just joking that the mere thought of him on the Spurs pisses me off.

Kamnik
06-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Well it isnt a joke really. I am Slovenian and I love to support my countrymen where ever they play.

But cheering for the Suns... that is simply too much for me. The douchebag factor with Amare, Nash and Kerr under one roof is amazing.

So... combining my favourite Slovenian player in the NBA with my favourite team would make me really happy. :)

z0sa
06-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Are these the same people who called the Spurs done less than a month ago?

Gino
06-28-2009, 05:52 PM
And I agree...

But what if they traded back for marion? :lol

Just a thought...

That owner is in full-on "save money no matter what the basketball cost" mode.

Amare wont be back and they probably wont get much in return. Its hard to get decent trade value when everyone knows you are having a fire-sale.