PDA

View Full Version : Need advice! Burnt Plastic and Taco in Microwave

iilluzioN
06-27-2009, 10:52 PM
*sigh*

So last night I was playing a RTS Computer Game online with a few online friends of mine, and I was hungry!

During the game I ran to the kitchen to heat a lil burrito in the microwave, so I ran to the kitchen, poped a burrito in the Microwave along with the plastic, and I SWARE I HIT 2 fucking MIN!

For some reason I think I actully set it for 20 min......

after I started noticing the smell I ran to the living room and the kitchen and I notice a thick smoke, I saw that the burrito was burnt to death along with the plastic cover that was in it!

I opened all the doors and windows and managed to get the smoke out, I cleaned inside of the microwave like crasy and I can still smell the smoke!!

I googled for some ideas and found to try coffee and it did seem to work but I can still smell the plastic smell...

Another method is slice some lemons and put them in the microwave and burn them till theres no water inside... so far it seems like its working!

Is there other methods anyone have used before?

Also I notice a yellowing tar inside the microwave, I tried bleach and it didnt work.... any ideas?

jman3000
06-27-2009, 10:58 PM
microwave an orange until it explodes.

Instead of a smokey smell, it will be a citrusy smell.

manufan10
06-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Microwave a light bulb. :lol

Febreeze has worked for me.

Slydragon
06-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Fart,

alot

Heath Ledger
06-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Put that shit on craigslist and buy a new one

EricB
06-28-2009, 12:42 AM
Im with Heath.

Craigslist it and buy a new one at walmart for like 40 bucks.

lefty
06-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Yum.......

burnt plastic taco

Let's call it BP & T

Trainwreck2100
06-28-2009, 01:45 AM
my advice is to not make that mistake again

iilluzioN
06-28-2009, 02:04 AM
lol, its a professional microwave, cost me 400 bucks :(

jaffies
06-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Buy a microwave with a knob.

phyzik
06-28-2009, 02:22 AM

So let me get this straight....

You own a $400 professional microwave, and you cook mass produced burritos in it.

:lmao

thats on par with these fools that spend $4000.00 on rims for a car that they bought for $800.

buy a $50 cheap ass microwave for shit like that.

And since when are you supposed to put one of those in with the plastic wrapping still on it? (this is a serious question, is that part of the instructions now?)

iilluzioN
06-28-2009, 03:01 AM
So let me get this straight....

You own a $400 professional microwave, and you cook mass produced burritos in it.

thats on par with these fools that spend $4000.00 on rims for a car that they bought for $800.

buy a $50 cheap ass microwave for shit like that.

And since when are you supposed to put one of those in with the plastic wrapping still on it? (this is a serious question, is that part of the instructions now?)

lol, its a new house, a pretty nice house I might add.... needed a microwave to go along with my freg stove... ect..

ChumpDumper
06-28-2009, 03:28 AM
You got ripped off. Get a $15 microwave at the Goodwill until you can afford another frou-frou one.

Once you buy the expensive one, never use it for anything except selling the house. Use the Goodwill one. If you fuck up again -- and you will -- all it will cost is another $15.

Trust me on this one.

ehz33satx
06-28-2009, 03:33 AM
Maybe stop getting high while you are waiting for your burritos. Que no?

ChumpDumper
06-28-2009, 03:37 AM
A caveat -- that microwave is so ridiculously expensive you might actually be able to find someone to fix it and replace the melty parts.

Everything else I said stands,though -- nothing you microwave is going to taste any different as long as you have a rotating plate in there -- especially a shitstick burrito. If you are still playing RTS games online, a $400 microwave is the last thing you need.

Wild Cobra
06-28-2009, 11:48 AM
There are plenty of large high wattage microwave ovens out there now, new, for under $200.

boutons_deux
06-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Don't put food in plastic in microwave. Bad shit, like dioxin, heats up and leaches into the food, which is of course nutritionally useless anyway from being microwaved.

Frenzy
06-28-2009, 05:22 PM
*sigh*

So last night I was playing a RTS Computer Game online with a few online friends of mine, and I was hungry!

During the game I ran to the kitchen to heat a lil burrito in the microwave, so I ran to the kitchen, poped a burrito in the Microwave along with the plastic, and I SWARE I HIT 2 fucking MIN!

after I started noticing the smell I ran to the living room and the kitchen and I notice a thick smoke, I saw that the burrito was burnt to death along with the plastic cover that was in it!

I opened all the doors and windows and managed to get the smoke out, I cleaned inside of the microwave like crasy and I can still smell the smoke!!

I googled for some ideas and found to try coffee and it did seem to work but I can still smell the plastic smell...

Another method is slice some lemons and put them in the microwave and burn them till theres no water inside... so far it seems like its working!

Also I notice a yellowing tar inside the microwave, I tried bleach and it didnt work.... any ideas?

:lol

Spurtacus
06-28-2009, 11:09 PM
*sigh*

So...how was the burrito? I assume you ate it because you were hungry, no?

Obstructed_View
06-29-2009, 01:23 AM

Wow, like the ones used by professional microwave chefs? :lol

phyzik
06-29-2009, 01:44 AM

Thats where I was trying to go with my post.

:owned

iilluzioN
06-29-2009, 03:06 AM
lol, you guys are funny :D

by the way I fixed the problem, What i'v done was put a bowl of vinegar and turned it on till it evaporated.... now im not able to smell anything :D

thanks guys

iilluzioN
06-29-2009, 03:15 AM

not sure it Professional chefs uses my kind of microwave...

heres a link to it http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/productImages/5/6/00000110456-FrigidaireOvertheRangeMicrowaveOvenPLMV169DC-large.jpeg&imgrefurl=http://products.howstuffworks.com/frigidaire-over-the-range-microwave-oven-plmv169dc-review.htm&usg=__bWLSINSMQ0d7gAJLsBbPGcuKnzQ=&h=400&w=400&sz=19&hl=en&start=2&tbnid=_Cx1e7tORRh2AM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3DFrigidaire%2Bmicrowave%26gbv%3D2%26hl %3Den

and a pic

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/productImages/5/6/00000110456-FrigidaireOvertheRangeMicrowaveOvenPLMV169DC-large.jpeg

VivaPopovich
06-29-2009, 03:37 AM
lol, you guys are funny :D

by the way I fixed the problem, What i'v done was put a bowl of vinegar and turned it on till it evaporated.... now im not able to smell anything :D

thanks guys

good job

i personally would have just tossed it and bought a new one lol

Taco
06-29-2009, 07:46 AM
"I love the Smell of Tacos in the Morning!!!"

SpursStalker
06-29-2009, 08:13 AM
"I love the Smell of Tacos in the Morning!!!"

:lol

Me too ... me too!!

manufan10
06-29-2009, 08:48 AM
I would have eaten it. Screw that, I'm not wasting money. :lol

Obstructed_View
06-29-2009, 03:15 PM

Thats where I was trying to go with my post.

:owned

Yeah, but an expensive microwave should be able to handle a burrito.