PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals acquire Mark DeRosa

EricB
06-27-2009, 11:13 PM
for Chris Perez and a PTBNL

Awesome trade Cardinals :smokin

KSeal
06-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Yup, great move for the Cards. They don't even need his bat though, Pujols got this.

Melmart1
06-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Doesn't DeRosa's contract expire at the end of this year? If so, then you just traded your third-best prospect and another player for 1/2 a year of Mark DeRosa? That doesn't seem like that great of a trade to me. But I could be wrong about his contract.

Thunder Dan
06-28-2009, 10:23 AM
You are right contract ends at years end

EricB
06-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Doesn't DeRosa's contract expire at the end of this year? If so, then you just traded your third-best prospect and another player for 1/2 a year of Mark DeRosa? That doesn't seem like that great of a trade to me. But I could be wrong about his contract.

Trust me, he's not their third best prospect.

The organization is loaded with right handed power relievers.

Jess Todd
Francisco Samuel
Jason Motte

on and on and on.

Plus more than likely DeRosa will be resigned, LaRussa LOVES utility hitters like DeRosa.

Think Mark Loretta with power for the next 3 years.

Giggity..

EricB
06-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Yup, great move for the Cards. They don't even need his bat though, Pujols got this.

Trust me, with the rest of the team batting a collective 250 they needed DeRosa BADLy.

They could stand to make another trade for another bat on top of it.

Melmart1
06-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Trust me, he's not their third best prospect.

The organization is loaded with right handed power relievers.

Jess Todd
Francisco Samuel
Jason Motte

Not their third-best prospect?

Both John Sickels (http://www.minorleagueball.com/2009/1/5/709221/st-louis-cardinals-top-20) and Baseball America (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=8405) ranked him #3, said he had the best slider in the league and he was slated to be the Cards' closer by 2012.

Oh, and he was rated a four-star prospect (http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/organization-top-10-prospects/2009/267431.html) by Goldstein.

Sorry, TPark. I will take the experts' opinions over yours. You just sent your closer of the future and another player to Cleveland for a rental. There is no guarantee DeRosa will re-sign. None.

KSeal
06-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Trust me, with the rest of the team batting a collective 250 they needed DeRosa BADLy.

They could stand to make another trade for another bat on top of it.

I know I was only joking cause Pujols is so fucking good. He'll help them big time in that lineup.

EricB
06-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Not their third-best prospect?

Both John Sickels (http://www.minorleagueball.com/2009/1/5/709221/st-louis-cardinals-top-20) and Baseball America (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=8405) ranked him #3, said he had the best slider in the league and he was slated to be the Cards' closer by 2012.

Oh, and he was rated a four-star prospect (http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/organization-top-10-prospects/2009/267431.html) by Goldstein.

Sorry, TPark. I will take the experts' opinions over yours. You just sent your closer of the future and another player to Cleveland for a rental. There is no guarantee DeRosa will re-sign. None.

He's way overrated.

His control is crap, and his demeanor on the mound is horrible.

Dave Duncan gave the guy a thumbs down, and from what I've been seeing the past 2 years, he's not gonna be a major league closer.

So I think as a guy thats been watching the Cardinals and THIS guy for 2 years and even more when he was in the minor I'll know what I'm talking about.

DeRosa is not a rental, LaRussa is gaga over the guy. They will keep him. There is already talk of getting him a 2 year contract extension.

EricB
06-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Also, the Cardinals minor league system is STACKED STACKED with right handed power arms.

They've got about 5 more Chris Perez's down in the minors.

Perez has a good fastball, a mediocre slider, and a pathetic changeup.

he's hard headed, he doesn't like being told to keep the ball down and he's paid for it.

Also the other night against the Mets he failed to even leave the mound to cover first base. Something you cover in LITTLE LEAGUE,

Perez has bee and still is wayyyyyy wayyyy overrated.

Him, Jason Motte, and Ryan Franklin were in competition all spring training for the closer job and he never even came CLOSE to challenging Motte and Franklin. Motte won out but Franklin took over and has been NAILS.

Franklin is the closer for next year, after that it will either be Motte, Jess Todd, or many others. Future closer is a position of HUGE HUGE depth for the Cardinals system.

But again, what do I know.

EricB
06-28-2009, 11:19 PM
I know I was only joking cause Pujols is so fucking good. He'll help them big time in that lineup.

Ah ok.

Yeah Pujols is just amazing to watch every day.

Not only is he probobly the best hitter in the game today, probobly top 5 of all TIME.

His defense is SPECTACULAR.

Melmart1
06-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Boy, I really struck a nerve, TPark! :lol

Thing is, when it comes to the Cardinals, you have ZERO perspective or objectivity. You have proved this time and again. That is why I choose to believe the experts.

Oh, and there is no extension. If there is, then this trade may not be so bad. But trading for him w/o an extension is risky and I think it makes this trade a win for Cleveland.

EricB
06-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Thing is, when it comes to the Cardinals, you have ZERO perspective or objectivity. You have proved this time and again. That is why I choose to believe the experts.

Bullshit.

You've never seen me on here proclaiming the cardinals are the best here this year, or last year or any other year.

I've ripped the FO decisions and have ripped ownership for being cheap this year as well, check the posts.

This was a good trade due to dealing from a position of strength and depth.

BTW the experts also said Oliver Perez was a steal for 10 million a year, hows that working out?

The experts is a bullshit name to use, cause they are anything but.

Melmart1
06-29-2009, 04:29 PM
It's not about proclaiming them the best or criticizing management. That's standard for any fan. What I mean is when it comes to evaluating the players, you don't have objectivity. Particularly when it comes to banned substances. That's all I am saying. You are wearing your cardinal red colored glasses on this one.

EricB
06-29-2009, 08:41 PM
It's not about proclaiming them the best or criticizing management. That's standard for any fan. What I mean is when it comes to evaluating the players, you don't have objectivity. Particularly when it comes to banned substances. That's all I am saying. You are wearing your cardinal red colored glasses on this one.

:lol

McGwire is dead to me, who else have I "denied" with banned substances?

Waiting.

BTW, the next KRod tongiht

.2 of an inning 2 hits, 4 runs 2 hit batters

Whew, man Im so devastated they got rid of that headcase.

ATRAIN
07-01-2009, 09:29 AM
hah He already got hurt hahaha

LnGrrrR
07-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Ah ok.

Yeah Pujols is just amazing to watch every day.

Not only is he probobly the best hitter in the game today, probobly top 5 of all TIME.

His defense is SPECTACULAR.

Hm.. I'll take Mickey Mantle, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Pete Rose, and... (racking my brain for non steroid players).... ok, I'll put him fifth. :)

Extra Stout
07-01-2009, 10:47 AM
DeRosa was a nice add, but unless Ludwick, Ankiel, and Duncan start hitting a ton, and St. Louis does something to plug that gaping hole at third base, the Cardinals are at best a .500 team.

EricB
07-01-2009, 01:58 PM
hah He already got hurt hahaha

You seriously want to play with karma like that 'stros fan?

Better watch it or Tejada is gonna come up with a pulled syringe.

EricB
07-01-2009, 01:59 PM
DeRosa was a nice add, but unless Ludwick, Ankiel, and Duncan start hitting a ton, and St. Louis does something to plug that gaping hole at third base, the Cardinals are at best a .500 team.

He's gonna play third, and no ones honestly gonna "plug it" Had Glaus had surgery in October last year like he should've, then he would've been back by now.

Dr. Gonzo
07-01-2009, 02:07 PM

I'm actually hoping for it. Let him sit on the DL the rest of the season and get some PT for Maysonette. Fuck Miggy.

EricB
07-01-2009, 02:20 PM
I'm actually hoping for it. Let him sit on the DL the rest of the season and get some PT for Maysonette. Fuck Miggy.

This is the shortstop hitting over 300 and multiple homeruns, right?

ATRAIN
07-01-2009, 02:21 PM
You seriously want to play with karma like that 'stros fan?

Yeah well its just a matter of time before your precious Puljos is on "the list"

EricB
07-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeah well its just a matter of time before your precious Puljos is on "the list"

Its Pujols, and if he was gonna be on a list, he would've been on one by now.

I hope he's not, but it wouldn't suprise me.

BTW, show respect to the best player in baseball trick.

Dr. Gonzo
07-01-2009, 02:29 PM
I dislike the Cards very much but you gotta respect Pujols. He is a great player.

Extra Stout
07-01-2009, 02:33 PM
If Pujols is on the juice, he must have started when he was 13 or something.