PDA

View Full Version : Which young player...

Mugen
06-28-2009, 05:10 AM
will have the biggest impact on the spurs next year?

A. George Hill
B. Dejuan Blair
C. Ian Mahinmi
D. Malik Hairston/Marcus Williams
E. Jack MccLinton
F. James Gist

I still think its George. with Bruce being traded, George becomes our best perimeter defender unless RJ becomes a stopper. He also showed that he can hit the corner 3 and can run the pick and roll at times.

ps maybe a poll would be in order but im not sure how to do that, can somebody help me?

Obstructed_View
06-28-2009, 05:25 AM
If all of them have some positive impact, the Spurs are going to be scary good.

ivanfromwestwood
06-28-2009, 05:33 AM
look all all those youngsters. how the fuck did we go from the having a bunch of old farts to a bunch of babies. now the nickname "pop" fits like a glove. look at all his babies.lol what would be our average age and ranking age wise with this group minus fin dog

Dalamar_the_Dark
06-28-2009, 05:55 AM
No Marcus Williams please. He has failed too many times in our system. He isnt an NBA player.

Dont think Malik Hariston is really what Pop is looking for. At most, he is a backup. But he still needs a lot of polishing.

Jack McClinton may make the team as a shooter to spread the floor but will depend on 2 things. Manu's health and his ability to learn the Spurs defense.

My take is that George Hill and DeJuan Blair are going to be certainties making the team.

Mahinmi has promise but has had too many injuries and may not be able to hold his own against tougher players.

DeJuan Blair looks much more solid waist down and should be able to defend the big guys better than Mahinmi. He also rebounds better than Mahinmi IMHO especially on the offensive glass. Only problems I can see are his knees and his ability to master the Spurs defense. Hope they hold up. And to all those detractors saying that a 6'6 6'7 guy cant be a PF, please remember that you probably said that of a certain Luis Scola as well.

buttsR4rebounding
06-28-2009, 07:02 AM
I think everyone is selling Ian short. Last year was about a misdiagnosis by the medical staff. With the bulk he has added and his quickness and the exposure to the Spurs system I fully expect him to be the first big off the bench or the starting center (depending on who we sign in FA) this year and have a huge impact on the team.
He will be giving a little :nope a la Mutombo.

Darkwaters
06-28-2009, 07:45 AM
I think everyone is selling Ian short. Last year was about a misdiagnosis by the medical staff. With the bulk he has added and his quickness and the exposure to the Spurs system I fully expect him to be the first big off the bench or the starting center (depending on who we sign in FA) this year and have a huge impact on the team.
He will be giving a little :nope a la Mutombo.

I hope you're right. But Mahinmi has done nothing to impress me yet. Beating up on people in Austin is not the same as playing with the big boys.

BackHome
06-28-2009, 07:49 AM
No doubt of the order:

1. Our new man Pitt
2. Gist
3. Hll/McClinton
4. Ian - He just wasn't hurt last year he has had injuries every year we have had him. You better keep Blair away from him in practice or he is going to break him in half.

Also, Geore Hill is under contract so he allready made the team.

rascal
06-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Blair will have the biggest positive impact next year. The spurs have a need for him and he will be given enough playing time to make the most contribution.

rascal
06-28-2009, 08:15 AM
Ian will be a disappointment. Blair will exceed expectations.

holcs50
06-28-2009, 08:29 AM
No doubt

Hill and Blair.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2009, 08:36 AM
1. Hill
2. Blair
3. Mahinmi

200 miles
06-28-2009, 08:42 AM
What if Mahinmi averages 11 ppg, 10 rpg and 2 bpg for the season? Where does that leave him in that order?

Sissiborgo
06-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Dejuan Blair will be a big impact of the bench!

Spursmania
06-28-2009, 10:33 AM
1. Hill
2. Blair
3. Mahinmi

I agree with the 3 above. I'd really like to see what Ian can do. But, he has been learning the Spurs system, so just by that knowledge maybe he has a bigger impact than Blair. No doubt George will have the most impact since he's more experienced, and he has a play-off run down his belt.

TheTruth
06-28-2009, 12:03 PM
What if Mahinmi averages 11 ppg, 10 rpg and 2 bpg for the season? Where does that leave him in that order?

Pipedream

loveforthegame
06-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Hill and Blair for sure.

coyotes_geek
06-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I'll go with the guy who RC Buford is already hinting will be getting 20 minutes per game.

1. Blair
2. Hill
3. McClinton

Spursfan092120
06-28-2009, 12:11 PM
look all all those youngsters. how the fuck did we go from the having a bunch of old farts to a bunch of babies. now the nickname "pop" fits like a glove. look at all his babies.lol what would be our average age and ranking age wise with this group minus fin dog
I saw somewhere (I think someone posted it on here) that before this year, we had 5 guys under contract older than Tim, now only Finley is older.

coyotes_geek
06-28-2009, 12:20 PM

It would leave him 3rd behind Tim Duncan and David Robinson as the only Spurs to average a double-double over the last 25 years.

buttsR4rebounding
06-28-2009, 12:37 PM
I hope you're right. But Mahinmi has done nothing to impress me yet. Beating up on people in Austin is not the same as playing with the big boys.

In the 6 games Ian actually played w/ the Spurs he averaged .7 blocks in less than 4 minutes a game. He has bulked up significantly. He now weighs just 10 pounds less than Tim. I agree the injuries have been an issue, but proper diagnosis last season would have meant he missed 15-20 games instead of the whole season.

200 miles
06-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Pipedream

It is not out of the realm of possibility.

Mahinmi averaging 20 ppg is a pipedream.