PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Marvin Harrison to Minnesota

J.T.
06-28-2009, 01:02 PM
There’s buzz that the Vikings might sign ex-Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison, 36, who is near the end of his career and has tender knees, to a one-year, low-end deal to provide competition for Sidney Rice.

If this happens, assuming they already have Favre and are waiting to announce the signing, I will be beyond pissed. If Minnesota gets Harrison and Favre they may as well pencil in a trip to Miami in February. Harrison could just come back to Indy, shine Reggie Wayne's shoes and break another record or two with Manning and still get a ring after next season.

Though the Colts would stomp that ass anyway. I can see the headlines now: "No Souper Bowl for you! Manning stampedes Vikings, forces Favre into 3rd (oh god we hope) retirement."

monosylab1k
06-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Indy is going to have a hard time making the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl. And Harrison is washed up. Maybe if you tell him the football is another gun he's got to stash away, he'll be more productive.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Why would they wanna fuck with Sidney Rice? I think he's a great receiver if they give him time.

J.T.
06-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Indy is going to have a hard time making the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl.

Titans are going to suck without Haynesworth

lol Jaguars

lol Texans

Spursfan092120
06-28-2009, 03:26 PM
If this happens, assuming they already have Favre and are waiting to announce the signing, I will be beyond pissed. If Minnesota gets Harrison and Favre they may as well pencil in a trip to Miami in February. Harrison could just come back to Indy, shine Reggie Wayne's shoes and break another record or two with Manning and still get a ring after next season.

Though the Colts would stomp that ass anyway. I can see the headlines now: "No Souper Bowl for you! Manning stampedes Vikings, forces Favre into 3rd (oh god we hope) retirement."
Two over the hill players, and you're putting them in Miami? Wow...that's a bit strong, I think.

J.T.
06-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Two over the hill players, and you're putting them in Miami? Wow...that's a bit strong, I think.

Not as strong as loser Cowboy fans who have been buying Super Bowl tickets hoping to see Tony Romo on the field there the last two years.

dirk4mvp
06-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Brett Favre (the v comes before the r) is such an awesome QB he could take a team to the superbowl with ducks and tpark at WR.

jack sommerset
06-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Good move if it happens.

Spursfan092120
06-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Not as strong as loser Cowboy fans who have been buying Super Bowl tickets hoping to see Tony Romo on the field there the last two years.
What? WTF are you talking about? So because someone is a hardcore fan who believes in their team, they're losers? Yeah...that makes a lot of sense...what an idiot.

fmedrano1977
06-28-2009, 06:19 PM
I expect Texans to make that big jump this year and finally make the playoffs this year. Stay healthy Matt Shaub! F*@# the Cowboys, the Yankees of football!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Brett Favre (the v comes before the r) is such an awesome QB he could take a team to the superbowl with ducks and tpark at WR.

I hope you're joking.

dirk4mvp
06-28-2009, 07:22 PM
I hope you're joking.

I can't believe the v comes before the r either.

Of course I am. Brett Favre is a sissy cuckold faggot.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Of course I am. Brett Favre is a sissy cuckold faggot.

Well said.

James David Manning
06-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Sons Brett Favre gets away with acting so selfish cause he is a white redneck. Honkies look at Favre and see themselves so they don't care if they see him act disloyal. Thank you and god bless.

angrydude
06-28-2009, 07:48 PM
doesn't matter. Vikes are cursed and will never win the superbowl. ever. They'll find a way to blow it in the NFC championship game to some awful team when Favre throws his customary 3 interceptions.

jack sommerset
06-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Sons Brett Favre gets away with acting so selfish cause he is a white redneck. Honkies look at Favre and see themselves so they don't care if they see him act disloyal. Thank you and god bless.

Farve is a intellectual. Don't let the Levi commercials fool you.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 07:55 PM
If this happens, assuming they already have Favre and are waiting to announce the signing, I will be beyond pissed. If Minnesota gets Harrison and Favre they may as well pencil in a trip to Miami in February.

Um, not really. Minnesota is overrated. The impact of Matt Birk no longer being there to direct the offensive line is being ignored. Their defense ain't getting any younger and the Williams sisters still have the doping charges to face. Minnesota could conceivably go 0-4 in the 4 games they miss.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Farve is a intellectual. Don't let the Levi commercials fool you.

Favre isn't "intellectual", but he's a lot smarter than he acts. Favre isn't that stupid Southern hospitality redneck he wants people to think he is. He does those brokeback mountain Wrangler jeans commercials to promote that image.

J.T.
06-28-2009, 08:00 PM
What? WTF are you talking about? So because someone is a hardcore fan who believes in their team, they're losers? Yeah...that makes a lot of sense...what an idiot.

This must be your first season in the NFL forum. We welcome you to our nice, little section of SpursTalk. Thanks for stopping by. However, we don't mean "nice" as in sunshine and rainbows, we mean "nice" as in what you say when someone pulls up in a cherry red Ferrari. And then hands you the keys. In the NFL forum, smack talk is an art form. And you can't rush art. You've either got it or you don't. You're gonna get a flesh wound if you try to throw your weight around, and if you do, I'd recommend you check out our patented Burn Clinic. We don't treat actual burns there, but we will give you a complimentary ice pack for your ass if you feel you've been smack talked too hard. If you feel you've received this burn in error, please know that we don't actually mean the things we say here, no matter how inhumane. It just looks (sounds?) funny in writing. Well, that's all the time we have today, folks! See you here again next week-- same time, same channel! And remember kids, if you root for a team quarterbacked by Tony Romo, you should probably just fucking kill yourself. (Or become a Giants fan. Same thing if you think about it.)

benefactor
06-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Titans are going to suck without Haynesworth

lol Jaguars

lol Texans
Rosencopter won't be there to save you from the raping this time. Bring your own vaseline on Nov. 8th and 29th...because none will be provided for you.

J.T.
06-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Rosencopter won't be there to save you from the raping this time. Bring your own vaseline on Nov. 8th and 29th...because none will be provided for you.

Just like a Texans fan to oil up the brown eye in preparation for an Indy ass ramming.

Udokafan05
06-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Percy Harvin is supposedly played very well in the voluntary workouts, and if they add Harrison, their offense looks good with Farve running it.

gaKNOW!blee
06-28-2009, 11:38 PM
If they couldnt get to the SB with that 15-1 team, they arent getting there with these old mother fuckers.

Obstructed_View
06-29-2009, 01:15 AM

Yeah, that's why so many people on this board have nothing but nice things to say about Favre. :lol

Obstructed_View
06-29-2009, 01:16 AM
In the NFL forum, smack talk is an art form.

Yet you're just a dick.

J.T.
06-29-2009, 02:30 AM
Yet you're just a dick.

Not really. But I play one on the internet.

Obstructed_View
06-29-2009, 04:57 AM
Not really. But I play one on the internet.

:lol

Fair enough.

SpuronyourFace
06-29-2009, 10:56 AM
I expect Texans to make that big jump this year and finally make the playoffs this year. Stay healthy Matt Shaub! F*@# the Cowboys, the Yankees of football!

Actually, the Yankee's are the Cowboys of Baseball.

We rule all.

scottspurs
07-04-2009, 04:17 AM
There is a rumor on ESPN that Harrison may sign with the Cowboys. I don't see the point, but I wouldn't mind the signing.

jack sommerset
07-04-2009, 09:54 AM
There is a rumor on ESPN that Harrison may sign with the Cowboys. I don't see the point, but I wouldn't mind the signing.

You don't see the point? The Cowboys have one proven reciever.

LakerHater
07-04-2009, 12:56 PM
The Cowboys have receivers?!?
http://board.freeones.com/images/smilies/dunno.gif

mardigan
07-04-2009, 05:08 PM
who's the cowboys one proven receiver?

Patrick Crayton

:bang

jack sommerset
07-04-2009, 08:53 PM
who's the cowboys one proven receiver?

u got a point....zero

bresilhac
07-04-2009, 08:54 PM

No. Dallas Cowboy fans are stupid losers because they buy into the annual hyperbole of the media. Which crowns their team Champions every August even though they know it won't happen because of a lack of overall talent. If Dallas fans took into consideration that their team is mediocre at best with a QB unable to perform at the highest level they wouldn't be as reviled as they are league wide.

NewJerSpur
07-04-2009, 11:12 PM
I like the Colts as a 2nd team, but I'm not sure about another Super Bowl run.....too many question marks with the additions in the coaching staff and I don't know if they've sewn up the defensive deficiences that the Chargers have exposed so often these last few years. Playoffs, likely. Super Bowl, wishful IMO.....but, that is why they play the games.

Ace9
07-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Wow guys seriously - Favre is washed up and so is Harrison. A SB Trip? Laughable! :lol