PDA

View Full Version : The Best Case Scenario - Player by Player

BillMc
06-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Okay, this is a deliberately optimistic post. Looking at a player by player analysis of how good things could be for the Spurs if everything breaks their way.

Duncan: The tendenosis at the end of the season was simply a long flair up (Pop said last season he has these from time to time) and Timmy is back to being his pre-All-Star Game self. Talk of Timmy's "window" goes away.

Manu: Is fully healed and resumes the incredible play of 2008. Remember how good Ginoblli had become before his first injury? Many thought him the best player on the Spurs and one of the best closers in all of basketball. It is actually possible we have not seen the BEST of Manu yet!

Parker: Continues to get better as he hits his prime. Maybe we haven't see the BEST of Tony yet.

Mason: Resumes his pre-All Start Game/pre-Backup point guard experiment form. Lights out from downtown.

Jefferson: Fits in perfectly giving us some incredibly dangerous wings with him and Manu at crunch time. His improved 3point shooting is no fluke.

Blair: Is the Second-Coming of Barkley on the glass. Proves he was the second best big in the draft. Lost weight only makes him more athletic.

McClinton: Makes the team, and nails the open looks he gets because of the attention to other players.

Hill: Keeps getting better, learns the backup point, and becomes a Bowen-esque lock down defender.

Bonner: In a backup role his limitations as a rebounder are forgotten, and he proves to be what he is best at: A big who can shoot the three and spread out the defense for our slashers to penetrate. People praise him on Spurstalk.com.

Bowen: Is cut by the Bucks, resigned with Spurs. Plays a few minutes but as the class act he is, spends most of his time teaching Jefferson, McClinton and Hill how to defend the perimeter.

Ian: Finally sheds the injury bug and proves he was worth the wait.

Spitter: Finally sheds his contract and proves he was worth the wait.

FA Big at the 4 or 5: Is someone we're not even thinking about and blows us away like the Jefferson trade and Blair pick. R.C. runs for governor of Texas, aquires Oklahoma and New Mexico. Trades Mark Cuban...

Steve Kerr: Is fired by Suns. At his exit interview he rips off his shirt to reveal his old Spurs jersey. Double-agent Kerr laughs manically about having destroyed the Suns "from the inside." The defeated Suns petition to join WNBA. They are denied.

Skipping my lame jokes, if 100% or 80% or 50% of these things happen, how good will we be next year?

DBMethos
06-28-2009, 01:54 PM
The defeated Suns petition to join WNBA. They are denied.

I LOL'd.

InK
06-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Ye me too.

Tully365
06-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Steve Kerr: Is fired by Suns. At his exit interview he rips off his shirt to reveal his old Spurs jersey. Double-agent Kerr laughs manically about having destroyed the Suns "from the inside." The defeated Suns petition to join WNBA. They are denied.

:lol

Spursmania
06-28-2009, 04:14 PM
:rollin

EmantheSpursFan
06-28-2009, 04:47 PM
I think tim is going to be a beast this year, that is if pop lets him play big minutes. Hopefully saves him till Playoffs

Manu is going to be manu as long as he's on the floor...

RJ has big shoes to fill as Bowens replacement
"haha i can see if Bowen comes back, him talking smack saying when i was 29 i could shut down anyone you threw at me!" :blah

manufor3
06-28-2009, 04:54 PM
The Kerr one was hilarious

BillMc
06-28-2009, 05:29 PM
I think tim is going to be a beast this year, that is if pop lets him play big minutes. Hopefully saves him till Playoffs

It will be interesting to see if Tim plays back to backs this year. Was that a response to the injury or will this be a preventative messure the rest of his career?

duncan228
06-28-2009, 05:36 PM
It will be interesting to see if Tim plays back to backs this year. Was that a response to the injury or will this be a preventative messure the rest of his career?

I think it was a response to the tendonosis, and I expect Pop will sit him one game of most, if not all, back-to-backs this season.

Pop had Duncan playing outside more last season in an effort to help preserve his body for the Playoffs. I think he'll use the extra rest for Duncan on back-to-backs for the same reason.

spurs opsman
06-28-2009, 06:00 PM
"Steve Kerr: Is fired by Suns. At his exit interview he rips off his shirt to reveal his old Spurs jersey. Double-agent Kerr laughs manically about having destroyed the Suns "from the inside."

:toast Very funny line!

exstatic
06-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Where oh where is that 100 post limit?

galvatron3000
06-28-2009, 06:41 PM
I LOL'd.

ditto...lol