PDA

View Full Version : as long as Lakers re-sign Ariza and Odom doesn't matter what other teams do?

The_Game
06-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Agree or disagree?

Amaso
06-28-2009, 08:15 PM
correct

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Agree or disagree?

Why do you pretend to be a Spurs fan?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Disagree. There are a few teams that can compete with them even if they keep their team intact:

I'm still suspicious of how willing Sheed really is to sign for the MLE, but if the Spurs sign Sheed and stay healthy they're capable of being able to beat a healthy Laker team.

Cleveland is another team that I have questions about being able to make anymore significant improvements, but if they luck out and get Grant Hill and an athletic PF, they can compete with LA.

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Clearly this 2008/2009 Lakers team was the greatest team ever assembled. So if they keep the team intact, they will be next to unbeatable. The other teams might as well just not play. Forfeit man. Game over.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Clearly this 2008/2009 Lakers team was the greatest team ever assembled. So if they keep the team intact, they will be next to unbeatable. The other teams might as well just not play. Forfeit man. Game over.

It's funny cause some LA fans talk about the team like it's the greatest team on Earth, but then in a conversation about Kobe specifically his teammates will all the sudden become complete scrubs that are the worst supporting cast we've ever seen on a championship team.

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 08:27 PM
It's funny cause some LA fans talk about the team like it's the greatest team on Earth, but then in a conversation about Kobe specifically his teammates will all the sudden become complete scrubs that are the worst supporting cast we've ever seen on a championship team.

Don't forget Andrew Bynum being the next Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. But yeah you make an excellent point. I don't give The_Game too much credit. He's a Lakers fan masquerading as a Spurs fan. At least he used to pretend he was a spurs fan.

The_Game
06-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Disagree. There are a few teams that can compete with them even if they keep their team intact:

I'm still suspicious of how willing Sheed really is to sign for the MLE, but if the Spurs sign Sheed and stay healthy they're capable of being able to beat a healthy Laker team.

Cleveland is another team that I have questions about being able to make anymore significant improvements, but if they luck out and get Grant Hill and an athletic PF, they can compete with LA.

good well thoughtout answer.

VivaPopovich
06-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Disagree.

Phil Jackson's decision is infinitely more important than every Laker player combined, including Bryant. Especially Bryant.

The_Game
06-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Don't forget Andrew Bynum being the next Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. But yeah you make an excellent point. I don't give The_Game too much credit. He's a Lakers fan masquerading as a Spurs fan. At least he used to pretend he was a spurs fan.

I will change it to Laker fan if you guys would rather me do that....

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 08:30 PM
I will change it to Laker fan if you guys would rather me do that....

Are you admitting you're a Lakers fan? The guy I remember claimed he was a spurs fan. I hope I wasn't confusing you with someone else...

And the premise of this thread is pretty ridiculous. This is the same Laker team that got taken to 7 by the Rockets sans Yao and TMac. If one of the top tier teams can stay healthy they can beat the Lakers (with Odom AND Ariza).

MambaJuice2408
06-28-2009, 08:38 PM
At this point, with all the moves that have gone down as of now, I don't think there's a team that can beat the Lakers if they resign Lamar and Ariza.

Cleveland has upgraded and so has San Antonio. I still think San Antonio needs a serviceable big man in the frontcourt with Timmy to be considered a real threat to LA. Cleveland just upgraded with Shaq offensively. I think they need a defensive wing (ala Trevor Ariza) to beat L.A.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 08:39 PM
At this point, with all the moves that have gone down as of now, I don't think there's a team that can beat the Lakers if they resign Lamar and Ariza.

Cleveland has upgraded and so has San Antonio. I still think San Antonio needs a serviceable big man in the frontcourt with Timmy to be considered a real threat to LA. Cleveland just upgraded with Shaq offensively. I think they need a defensive wing (ala Trevor Ariza) to beat L.A.

This.

MambaJuice2408
06-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Are you admitting you're a Lakers fan? The guy I remember claimed he was a spurs fan. I hope I wasn't confusing you with someone else...

And the premise of this thread is pretty ridiculous. This is the same Laker team that got taken to 7 by the Rockets sans Yao and TMac. If one of the top tier teams can stay healthy they can beat the Lakers (with Odom AND Ariza).

But someone told me the Rockets are the only team in the league that plays better without its Superstars.

IS THIS NOT TRUE?

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 08:43 PM
But someone told me the Rockets are the only team in the league that plays better without its Superstars.

IS THIS NOT TRUE?

Indeed it is a myth. Though not having TMac probably didn't hurt them much. But having Yao could've been the difference in the series.

KSeal
06-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Disagree.

Phil Jackson's decision is infinitely more important than every Laker player combined, including Bryant. Especially Bryant.

Cause the Lakers are such a hostile group right.

MambaJuice2408
06-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Indeed it is a myth. Though not having TMac probably didn't hurt them much. But having Yao could've been the difference in the series.

Your prolly right. By I think had Yao finished the series. I think Lakers woulda finished em sooner and not took em lightly. Prolly in 6. Either way. Lesson learned for the Lakers. (reference Boston vs Atlanta last year) as they won the next two series clinching the series on the road.

xellos88330
06-28-2009, 08:54 PM
If Ariza and Odom go back to the Lakers, they will indeed be a tough team to beat. It does not mean that they are unbeatable. My GUESS is that the Lakers won't repeat this upcoming season.

Amaso
06-28-2009, 08:55 PM

It wouldn't have made a difference. Yao going down actually extended the series. The series was 2-1 when Yao went down, and the Lakers had grabbed control of the series. The Lakers knew they couldn't lose the series and the Rockets outhustled and players got hot from the 3 point line to extend the series.

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 08:58 PM
I also have a hard time seeing both Ariza and Odom being re-signed. According to hoopshype (which is less than reliable), the Lakers are at $74 million with 8 guys signed for next year. Conservative estimates for Ariza and Odom would be $6 million and $8 million respectively. That's $14 million plus the $74 million already on the books. $88 million for 10 guys when it is required to have 13. No draft picks means less of a chance you'll get a cheap rookie (NBDL still an option). I just don't see the Lakers paying $30 million in luxury taxes.

DeadlyDynasty
06-28-2009, 08:59 PM
If the Lakers re-sign Odom, Ariza, and Brown and the team stays healthy...I like our chances. A full season of a healthy (wishful thinking till it happens) and improved Andrew Bynum would be a huge plus

hater
06-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Lakers will not repeat. Please Laker fans come back to reality...

Lord Vader
06-28-2009, 09:09 PM
they win again if they resign both

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 09:12 PM
It wouldn't have made a difference. Yao going down actually extended the series. The series was 2-1 when Yao went down, and the Lakers had grabbed control of the series. The Lakers knew they couldn't lose the series and the Rockets outhustled and players got hot from the 3 point line to extend the series.

There was motivation after Yao went down, no doubt. But you also had Luis Scola and Chuck Hayes as your 4 and 5. They're not exactly giants.

Bob Lanier
06-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Just like in 2008.

tlongII
06-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Disagree. The Lakers have very little chance of holding off the Blazers next season.

baseline bum
06-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Disagree. If Bryant or Gasol gets banged up that'll be a much bigger impact than losing a supporting player to free agency.

baseline bum
06-28-2009, 09:35 PM
I also have a hard time seeing both Ariza and Odom being re-signed. According to hoopshype (which is less than reliable), the Lakers are at $74 million with 8 guys signed for next year. Conservative estimates for Ariza and Odom would be $6 million and $8 million respectively. That's $14 million plus the $74 million already on the books. $88 million for 10 guys when it is required to have 13. No draft picks means less of a chance you'll get a cheap rookie (NBDL still an option). I just don't see the Lakers paying $30 million in luxury taxes.

I can't see them bringing Brown nor Powell back, nor using the MLE unless they lose Odom or Ariza. They're prob looking a little less than $20 million in luxury tax . They're going to have some great expirings in Morrison, Fisher, and Farmar to perhaps raid Rudy Gay from the Wallace.

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 09:38 PM
I can't see them bringing Brown nor Powell back, nor using the MLE unless they lose Odom or Ariza. They're prob looking a little less than $20 million in luxury tax . They're going to have some great expirings in Morrison, Fisher, and Farmar to perhaps raid Rudy Gay from the Wallace.

A little less than $20 million if they re-sign Ariza and Odom?

Gino
06-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Um.....the Lakers didnt have much competition this year thanks to injuries.

Im not a big Jefferson fan obviously he makes the Spurs better.

The Celts would still destroy the Lakers in a seven game series as well.

And chances are...they probably wont be able to sign both anyway. And the Lakers have no chance without Odom.

baseline bum
06-28-2009, 09:49 PM
A little less than $20 million if they re-sign Ariza and Odom?

A $55 million cap next year (it was $58 million this year) would put the luxury tax at around $71 million. Unless the cap seriously nosedives, it'll take about $16-$20 million in luxury tax to re-sign those two and fill out the rest of the roster. I don't think it'll go way down though, as it didn't seem like basketball related income fell off a cliff or anything this season; it seemed like it went down a bit, but if it went down low enough to really kill the cap then every owner would be crying chicken little like the banks.

cobbler
06-28-2009, 09:57 PM

You obviously dont know much about Jerry Buss.

The lakers sold their picks this year because neither had a chace to make the team. They got 3 mil and now are not in line to pay a guy 1.5 for not even making the squad. If they pay Ariza and Odom 14 mil between them then they save 3 mil there from what they paid them last year. With the additional games being played going deep in the playoffs and revenue gaind from such, Buss will keep the team in tack and maybe even use the MLE to get a quality PG...

I can pretty much guarantee you Ariza and Odom will be Lakers next year.

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 09:58 PM
A $55 million cap next year (it was $58 million this year) would put the luxury tax at around $71 million. Unless the cap seriously nosedives, it'll take about $16-$20 million in luxury tax to re-sign those two and fill out the rest of the roster. I don't think it'll go way down though, as it didn't seem like basketball related income fell off a cliff or anything this season; it seemed like it went down a bit, but if it went down low enough to really kill the cap then every owner would be crying chicken little like the banks.

Right we agree. I was just wondering if you meant $20 million total or $20 + double the amount they are over the threshold. I guess my figure of $30 million was a bit high. I'd figure their final total will be around $94 million like you said. That's really like having a $117 million dollar pay roll if the threshold is at $71 million. Am I right?

cobbler
06-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Lakers will not repeat. Please Laker fans come back to reality...

Yeah, how absurd to think the team that won it all and did so with Bynum not 100% would have any chance to repeat. The insanity of it all!!!:lmao

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 10:02 PM

The lakers sold their picks this year because neither had a chace to make the team. They got 3 mil and now are not in line to pay a guy 1.5 for not even making the squad. If they pay Ariza and Odom 14 mil between them then they save 3 mil there from what they paid them last year. With the additional games being played going deep in the playoffs and revenue gaind from such, Buss will keep the team in tack and maybe even use the MLE to get a quality PG...

Going by hoopshype's numbers, you're wrong. Odom made 11,400,000 last year and Ariza made 2,911,600. Together that's 14,311,600. So assuming Ariza and Odom only ask for $14 million combined it's only a savings of a few hundred thousand. $14 million for both of them is a pretty conservative number. I expect Ariza to ask for upwards of $8 million and Odom to ask for $10+ million. I also never said anything about why the draft pick was traded.

TampaDude
06-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Yeah, how absurd to think the team that won it all and did so with Bynum not 100% would have any chance to repeat. The insanity of it all!!!:lmao

The rest of the NBA hasn't exactly been standing still this offseason, ya know... :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 10:06 PM
They are by no means an unbeatable, unstoppable force, but if Ariza and Odom come back, they're the favorites to win it all in 2010.

As much as I think Shaq helps the Cavs, that team's got no shot unless they address their lack of athleticism up front and their lack of length in the back court.

cobbler
06-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Going by hoopshype's numbers, you're wrong. Odom made 11,400,000 last year and Ariza made 2,911,600. Together that's 14,311,600. So assuming Ariza and Odom only ask for $14 million combined it's only a savings of a few hundred thousand. $14 million for both of them is a pretty conservative number. I expect Ariza to ask for upwards of $8 million and Odom to ask for $10+ million. I also never said anything about why the draft pick was traded.

My bad... i thought Odom made 14 last year.

So roughly they break even there. They still gain the 3 mil they got for thier 29th pick.

I still say they bring em back. Odom has said nyumerous times he's willing to take less in order to keep the team intact. I guess we will see.

cobbler
06-28-2009, 10:15 PM
The rest of the NBA hasn't exactly been standing still this offseason, ya know... :lol

So its absurd to "think" the Lakers could repeat...and yet totaly probable that teams shaking things up will have what it takes to win it all?

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 10:17 PM

So roughly they break even there. They still gain the 3 mil they got for thier 29th pick.

I still say they bring em back. Odom has said nyumerous times he's willing to take less in order to keep the team intact. I guess we will see.

Right he's willing to take less than the $11 mil he made last season. I think the lowest he goes is $8 mil. It's entirely possible Buss/Kupchak pays for both and then does his best to fill the lineup out without spending too much. I just don't think it's that likely. Spending an EXTRA $20 million isn't just something to sneeze at.

iggypop123
06-28-2009, 10:17 PM
i dont think buss is scared about going into the luxury tax knowing that morrison and fisher about 10 million will be off the books next season. also powell makes the minimum and brown should earn no more than 2 million

cobbler
06-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Right he's willing to take less than the $11 mil he made last season. I think the lowest he goes is $8 mil. It's entirely possible Buss/Kupchak pays for both and then does his best to fill the lineup out without spending too much. I just don't think it's that likely. Spending an EXTRA $20 million isn't just something to sneeze at.

He said hes willing to take a pay cut. You give them 6 and 8 and you break even and keep the core intact. Morrison comes off the books next year.

baseline bum
06-28-2009, 10:21 PM

Not quite. Bynum's huge extension kicks in next season. Bynum was making $2.8 million this year; $12.6 million next. LA's payroll next season will be higher than it was this season even if both Odom and Ariza walk.

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 10:22 PM
i dont think buss is scared about going into the luxury tax knowing that morrison and fisher about 10 million will be off the books next season. also powell makes the minimum and brown should earn no more than 2 million

huh? I don't get why players coming off the books in a year would make him feel better about paying extra this year. And the Lakers are already at $67 million for 2010/2011. I mean, maybe he won't mind the $100+ million payroll. We won't know until next week. Personally I don't think it's likely Odom and Ariza re-sign. I feel like someone will overpay for one or the other.

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 10:24 PM
He said hes willing to take a pay cut. You give them 6 and 8 and you break even and keep the core intact. Morrison comes off the books next year.

As baselinebum pointed out below your post, Bynum's $10 mil pay raise kicks in. The Lakers are already at $67 million for 2010/2011 with only 5 players on the books.

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Not only that, the Lakers just sold two draft pics worth about 6.1 million. So bring your 20mil down to 14 mil. Assume that we are going to at least play six home games in the playoffs at 5mil a piece. Money is not an issue.

It's still $14 million for nothing basically. Will Buss do it? I dunno.

cobbler
06-28-2009, 10:26 PM
huh? I don't get why players coming off the books in a year would make him feel better about paying extra this year. And the Lakers are already at $67 million for 2010/2011. I mean, maybe he won't mind the $100+ million payroll. We won't know until next week. Personally I don't think it's likely Odom and Ariza re-sign. I feel like someone will overpay for one or the other.

Because Buss has proven time and time again he is willing to pay if they are contenders. He's no Sarver or Sterling! He's the best owner, from a fans standpoint, in the NBA.

LakeShow
06-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Agreed! The Lakers have not maxed their potential yet. I don't expect the Lakers to repeat their regular season record of last season. They will lose a few more games, but they will be dominate in the playoffs. The Lakers will have experience, confidence and swagger. With Lamar the Lakers will always have an X factor.

Another factor: Phil Jackson is at his best after winning his first title.

The Lakers, if healthy will defend their title. Book it!

Shastafarian
06-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Agreed! The Lakers have not maxed their potential yet. I don't expect the Lakers to repeat their regular season record of last season. They will lose a few more games, but they will be dominate in the playoffs. The Lakers will have experience, confidence and swagger. With Lamar the Lakers will always have an X factor.

Another factor: Phil Jackson is at his best after winning his first title.

The Lakers, if healthy will defend their title. Book it!

If they can't get a legit PG next year I wouldn't be so sure about that. Also, I would watch for the personalities to clash. Bynum and Jackson have already had a couple tiffs. Kobe is...well Kobe. Odom is pretty spacey. It takes everything going right to win a title.

phyzik
06-28-2009, 10:31 PM
The NBA forum needs to be changed to the Insecure Laker forum. Quit drinking the purple and piss juice. Lakers are going to be a tough contender but dont act like the changes the Spurs, Cavs and Magic have made dont mean shit.

Yeah, Spurs need another big man but its not like we are standing pat with what we have, something WILL happen in free agency.... weather it be Sheed, McDyess or Gortat thats a scary ass Spurs team if you be honest with yourself. Hell, the talking ESPN heads are already saying Richardson puts us up there if we stand pat and just stay healthy.

The reality is, Lakers are the champs but they had probably the easiest road to the finals in a LONG while, virtually every team they played had the injury bug except for the Magic (who got fucking exposed finally after so much luck) and Denver (who probably shouldnt have been there in the first place if they themselves didnt run into dream matchups).

Lakers fans need to accept the fact that the west is getting better and cant rely on the luck they had in the playoffs this past season with other teams injuries. Spurs may not even make it, who knows, but I can guarantee the "perfect storm" wont happen again for the Lakers.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Lakeshow, you should change your sig from "Los Angeles Lakers History" to "Lakers History".

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Los Angeles Lakers History

49-54...:lol

No kidding.....that's fuckin retarded

LakeShow
06-28-2009, 10:36 PM
If they can't get a legit PG next year I wouldn't be so sure about that. Also, I would watch for the personalities to clash. Bynum and Jackson have already had a couple tiffs. Kobe is...well Kobe. Odom is pretty spacey. It takes everything going right to win a title.

I would like to see the lakers upgrade their PG. I do not, however believe that it is a mandantory move to make. Fisher, Brown and Farmar can win it again, imo.

I have a good feeling that Andre Miller will end up in LA. Dr. Buss still has the MLE to work with if he so chooses.

cobbler
06-28-2009, 10:37 PM
The NBA forum needs to be changed to the Insecure Laker forum. Quit drinking the purple and piss juice. Lakers are going to be a tough contender but dont act like the changes the Spurs, Cavs and Magic have made dont mean shit.

Yeah, Spurs need another big man but its not like we are standing pat with what we have, something WILL happen in free agency.... weather it be Sheed, McDyess or Gortat thats a scary ass Spurs team if you be honest with yourself. Hell, the talking ESPN heads are already saying Richardson puts us up there if we stand pat and just stay healthy.

The reality is, Lakers are the champs but they had probably the easiest road to the finals in a LONG while, virtually every team they played had the injury bug except for the Magic (who got fucking exposed finally after so much luck) and Denver (who probably shouldnt have been there in the first place if they themselves didnt run into dream matchups).

Lakers fans need to accept the fact that the west is getting better and cant rely on the luck they had in the playoffs this past season with other teams injuries. Spurs may not even make it, who knows, but I can guarantee the "perfect storm" wont happen again for the Lakers.

Who said its going to be the perfect storm? It's the spurs fans who get bent out of shape when a the Laker fans say we feel we have a great chance to repeat. Clearly they will be the team to beat. Thant surely doesnt mean they are unbeatable. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez

baseline bum
06-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Not only that, the Lakers just sold two draft pics worth about 6.1 million. So bring your 20mil down to 14 mil. Assume that we are going to at least play six home games in the playoffs at 5mil a piece. Money is not an issue.

I thought they only got $3M for the first rounder. Why would anyone pay that for a second rounder?

LakeShow
06-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Lakeshow, you should change your sig from "Los Angeles Lakers History" to "Lakers History".

Got it! Fuck you very much!

cobbler
06-28-2009, 10:44 PM
I thought they only got $3M for the first rounder. Why would anyone pay that for a second rounder?

I'm confused by that as well... I thought they just got future picks and some trivial cash. 3 Mil im doubting

21_Blessings
06-28-2009, 10:45 PM
The NBA forum needs to be changed to the Insecure Laker forum.

lol @ Spurs fan thinking an overweight ACLess rookie PF and a volume shooter that plays no defense is the answer to their problems

If Ariza and Odom come back the Lakers are the favorites and will show San Antonio, once again, how a real championship ball club repeats.

SpursDynasty
06-28-2009, 10:47 PM
The Rockets, Nuggets, and Magic were all capable of beating LA in the playoffs this season.

cobbler
06-28-2009, 10:51 PM
The Rockets, Nuggets, and Magic were all capable of beating LA in the playoffs this season.

Oh shut up already... You have NO credibility in picking teams. Your track record is horrific. Add to that, that you are a man who does not keep his word... and... well... just STFU and go away! :bang

ulosturedge
06-28-2009, 11:01 PM
I want to see if Ariza keeps up this 3 point shot that came out of fuckin' no where in the playoffs. I love his defense but I think his shooting is still suspect. He was like the forgotten man out there on the floor during the playoffs. People are going to be more aware of him shooting now.

cobbler
06-28-2009, 11:15 PM
I want to see if Ariza keeps up this 3 point shot that came out of fuckin' no where in the playoffs. I love his defense but I think his shooting is still suspect. He was like the forgotten man out there on the floor during the playoffs. People are going to be more aware of him shooting now.

He shot 32% during the season in 3's. He stepped up and shot 47% in the playoffs. It's not like he was some horrific shooter throughout the season. He also got 7 mins more PT a game during the playoffs. Confidence is a wonderful thing. Did he step up a bit...yes! Did it come out of nowhere... NOT.

Gino
06-28-2009, 11:16 PM

Eh...only problem is you forgot about your boy "Drew"s nice little contract kicking in next year. So the three million you save from last years is pretty much off-set from the 12 million bucks you got pay that bum.

Plus, Kobe's making 2 million more. Gasol's getting a million dollar increase.

Of course, when you are over the cap, that all doubles.

If the Lakers want to keep their squad, its gonna cost them at least 88 million. And thats if they sign D-leaguers to fill out spots 11-13.

The luxury tax is going lower next because of the decrease in revenue. So if Buss wants em both, he's gonna have to pay around 110+.

cobbler
06-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Eh...only problem is you forgot about your boy "Drew"s nice little contract kicking in next year. So the three million you save from last years is pretty much off-set from the 12 million bucks you got pay that bum.

Plus, Kobe's making 2 million more. Gasol's getting a million dollar increase.

Of course, when you are over the cap, that all doubles.

If the Lakers want to keep their squad, its gonna cost them at least 88 million. And thats if they sign D-leaguers to fill out spots 11-13.

The luxury tax is going lower next because of the decrease in revenue.

You dont think Buss took all that into consideration? Morrison and Fish drop off after next year too. Benga and Powell both make less than 900,000. Shannon Brown makes 800,000... so there you go for 11-13.

How about we just wait and see. I say Buss will keep the team intact. He's anything but cheap.

tlongII
06-29-2009, 12:03 AM
The Lakers are very good. There's no doubt about that. The problem they have is the team in red and black from the Pacific Northwest. Portland is assembling a team with the express purpose of beating the club that dresses in piss and purple. I'm confident that the final touches are being made this summer and the trophy will belong to the Trail Blazers at the end of next season.

Trainwreck2100
06-29-2009, 12:07 AM

yeah that's the reason he did jack shit in the playoffs :rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2009, 12:11 AM
The Lakers are very good. There's no doubt about that. The problem they have is the team in red and black from the Pacific Northwest. Portland is assembling a team with the express purpose of beating the club that dresses in piss and purple. I'm confident that the final touches are being made this summer and the trophy will belong to the Trail Blazers at the end of next season.

:lmao

iggypop123
06-29-2009, 12:11 AM

does the list triple for the spurs?

Thundaluva
06-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Tlong how dumb are you, the Thunder are going to give LA more trouble than Portland will next year, not like that's saying much though.

lol Oden

RsxPiimp
06-29-2009, 12:28 AM
I thought this vid would be a great way to cap this thread off.:toast

tPvIlWDPhzg&eur

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/Tmac2104/283550cf.gif

sabar
06-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Lmao at laker fans thinking they have the next 3 years all tied up. They must be ignoring how almost every team that brings back the same squad flames out before the finals and many times before the playoffs even start. For some reason to compete with the lakers every team needs a 3 deep threat at every position when the lakers won with pretty much the worst starting point guard and backup point gaurd in the playoffs. Must be because of Bynum Abdul-Jabbar.

phyzik
06-29-2009, 01:01 AM
Perfect storm??? This same Laker team steam rolled their way to the finals the year before without Bynum and Ariza. You guys are delusional if you think the Spurs are on par with the Lakers as currently constructed. That team would get swept. The current Spurs roster looks just like the Magic team we just curb-stomped, but less athletic.

lakaluva

enough said. Keep drinking your purple and piss juice. You are the ones who are delusional if you think the Lakers are a lock for the chamionship again.

They have a great chance, they are the defending champs after all, but dont make it out to be a lock ESPECIALLY with the moves that have been made. :rolleyes

LEONARD
06-29-2009, 11:09 AM

If the Lakers win the championship...

I'll leave this forum for life.

I am doing this to prove to everyone how much of a non-factor the Lakers are in the playoffs. They haven't accomplished anything. They just want to come out, shoot some hoops, and BS their way to everything. Not going to get it done in the Finals. Orlando will win the championship. There are no All-Stars other than Kobe on this Laker team. Not an intimidating lineup. Just a bunch of a jump shooters who score off Kobe double teams.

Pussy...

Gino
06-29-2009, 11:13 AM
If they bring back Odom, I'd say theyre the favorite.

But without him I would pick a couple other teams (Spurs, Celts, maybe even Cleveland or Orlando) to best them in a series. The Lakers need Odom's Omnipresence.

LakeShow
06-29-2009, 11:21 AM
" Kobe Bryant is back on top in his rivalry with LeBron James, the NBA's best since Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. One more Lakers title would make this the Age of Kobe.

Bryant was so spent by the postseason, he ducked questions about the future, joking the only thing ahead was "vacation."

However, while ducking questions about a contract extension, he said the real goal is making sure "all the pieces come back for next season, so we can make another run. . . .

"You don't see a team that's this young and so talented that's already won a championship."

Kobe Bryant expects the Lakers to make another title run.

TheManFromAcme
06-29-2009, 12:31 PM

It is time to :hang yourself

turiaf for president
06-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Pussy...

:toast

cobbler
06-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Lmao at laker fans thinking they have the next 3 years all tied up. They must be ignoring how almost every team that brings back the same squad flames out before the finals and many times before the playoffs even start. For some reason to compete with the lakers every team needs a 3 deep threat at every position when the lakers won with pretty much the worst starting point guard and backup point gaurd in the playoffs. Must be because of Bynum Abdul-Jabbar.

Pretty sure the Lakers brought the same team back this year and not only made the finals.... but won it.

Did you ignore that or are you just fond of looking like a fool?

cornbread
06-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Nah, if the Celtics are healthy this year then the Lakers have no chance.

The_Game
06-30-2009, 12:43 AM

bullshit

Celtics can't beat a healthly Lakers team..

NewJerSpur
06-30-2009, 01:00 AM
bullshit

Celtics can't beat a healthly Lakers team..

Weren't you a Cavs fan a few weeks ago? :nope

EmantheSpursFan
06-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Guys its a long season ahead, lakers have bragging rights till somebody knocks them out. But laker fans it might surprise you if you think Ariza is going stay for cheap, and if he does get the big bucks what does that do to Odom? Its not even the start of free agency lets at least have rosters set up before we start bashing teams and players....now that thats said
you just gotta love the passion that we the fans have and i look forward to seeing you guys in the WCFs!

GO SPURS GO!!

cobbler
06-30-2009, 01:38 AM

So you are already admitting the Spurs cannot get to the finals! :lmao

cornbread
06-30-2009, 10:04 AM
So you are already admitting the Spurs cannot get to the finals! :lmao

The Spurs are old news, ancient history. Why are you even bringing them up? The Lakers are screwed if Boston isn't plagued by injuries again.

Spursmania
06-30-2009, 10:34 AM
I thought the Lakers will pay whatever it takes to sign Odom/Ariza and Brown? Laker word was Buss has deep enough pockets for everybody. Or is that all bullshit and wishful thinking? I know if I were Buss I would resign both Odom and Ariza, period. Rings are what counts and success only brings in more revenue.