PDA

View Full Version : Frank Hamblin lakers coach calls out kobe will he still be the coach next year?

ducks
04-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Kobe Bryant missed a chance to save the reeling Los Angeles Lakers from another loss.

With 6.7 seconds remaining and the Lakers trailing the San Antonio Spurs 95-94, Bryant got a favorable matchup against the older and slower Robert Horry.

But instead of taking the ball inside, the Lakers' star guard opted for a pump-fake and an 18-footer that bounced off the back of the rim at the buzzer to hand Los Angeles its 10th loss in 11 games.

``I wanted Kobe to drive to the basket,'' Lakers coach Frank Hamblin said. ``And then when Robert switched over to him, I really wanted him to drive to the hoop.''

Perhaps he had in mind what Brent Barry did seconds earlier for the winning score.

Kori Ellis
04-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Well, they skipped the last part of the quote where Hamblin praises Kobe.

"I wanted Kobe (Bryant) to drive to the basket, and then when Robert (Horry) switched over to him I really wanted him to drive to the hoop. When you put the ball in a great player’s hands like Kobe it is their decision to make.”

angel_luv
04-03-2005, 03:12 PM
hey Kobe... Got Shaq? It does a team's standing good! LOL

Rummpd
04-03-2005, 11:06 PM
No he will not be the coach, this guy is a terrible coach and his team went south on him from the get go.