PDA

View Full Version : Jordan(6), Duncan(4), Shaq(3), Kobe(1), and Lebron(0)

SpuronyourFace
06-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Thats the heirarchy post Jordan. Thats how many championships each man led a team too. Make no mistake, Kobe has only led a team to ONE championship. He is NOT 2 behind Jordan and 1 behind Duncan or tied with Shaq.

And even if he wins 2 more championships(highly unlikely) he will always be looked at as probably the 3rd, maybe the 4th(depending on what Lebron does for his career) best player since Jordan retired.

And don't forget, Duncan isn't done...

Hemotivo
06-29-2009, 10:47 AM
ok

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2009, 10:47 AM
i know there is 6 championships thats missin from duncans resume

cornbread
06-29-2009, 10:48 AM
I'll try to remember.

ginobili's bald spot
06-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Neat

SpuronyourFace
06-29-2009, 10:58 AM
After thinking about it for a few minutes, Duncan will probably catch Jordan.

The_Game
06-29-2009, 11:05 AM
I will be surprised if Duncan wins anymore titles

IronMexican
06-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Lol, holding on to the past.

Muser
06-29-2009, 11:09 AM
:sleep

hater
06-29-2009, 11:11 AM
the quality of threads in the NBA forum is pathetic. Pathetic!

TheNextGen
06-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Thats the heirarchy post Jordan. Thats how many championships each man led a team too. Make no mistake, Kobe has only led a team to ONE championship. He is NOT 2 behind Jordan and 1 behind Duncan or tied with Shaq.

And even if he wins 2 more championships(highly unlikely) he will always be looked at as probably the 3rd, maybe the 4th(depending on what Lebron does for his career) best player since Jordan retired.

Can we re-do the numbers to see how many titles each person had without a HoF or Future HoF by his side?

BRHornet45
06-29-2009, 12:07 PM
sons this is 100% truth.

- Kobe has 3 rings thanks 100% to Shaq carrying the Lakers all 3 years. Kobe was just lucky enough to be on the team as a "role player" like Pippen was with Jordan.

- Kobe has 1 ring as a CO-LEADER of the team along with Gasol. Take Gasol off that team and the Lakers probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs.

- Kobe has never truly led a team to a championship like Jordan, Shaq, Duncan, etc. have no matter how hard the media pushes him.

scottspurs
06-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Can we re-do the numbers to see how many titles each person had without a HoF or Future HoF by his side?

then it would be Duncan (2), Kobe (1), Shaq (0), Jordan (0)

the real count is Russell (11), Jordan (6), Magic and Kareem (5), Duncan (4), Shaq (3), Bryant (1), Wade (1).

ginobili's bald spot
06-29-2009, 12:22 PM
lol trying to rewrite history. Sorry bitches Kobe has 4 rings no matter how many threads you make on the internet. You lose. Just to put it in perspective that's 4 more rings than the entire Hornets franchise will ever win.

Hornets1
06-29-2009, 12:31 PM
I agree Shaq was easily the man for the 3 lakers' titles, but I still dont think they win those w/out Kobe.

IronMexican
06-29-2009, 12:50 PM

:tu

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Good story brah

Chillen
06-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Kobe has 4 rings but 3 with an asterisk. When Shaq was prime Shaq he was a freaking monster in the paint, Kobe hit some big shots but Shaq was unstoppable. Kobe in 2009 proved he was a vital part of that 3peat team, by winning it without Shaq, but he had Gasol.

Oh, Duncan is still a threat, especially now that the Spurs got eliminated so early he can rest up. A future NBA title is not out of the question, but he needs his teammates to step up and be healthy and needs to be all healthy himself for it to happen. If the Spurs can sign Sheed, that puts less pressure on Duncan.

Jordan's 6 rings stand out to me because it could have been 8 straight NBA titles, he had to go play baseball for his father, which I can't blame him.

j-money24
06-29-2009, 01:09 PM

If thats the case, then Duncan only has 3 rings because the last one was led by TONY PARKER BITCH.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2009, 01:10 PM
If thats the case, then Duncan only has 3 rings because the last one was led by TONY PARKER BITCH.

No it wasn't.

Chillen
06-29-2009, 01:12 PM

Spurs don't win shit without #21. there ya go!

Kobe™
06-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Kobe has 4 rings but 3 with an asterisk. When Shaq was prime Shaq he was a freaking monster in the paint, Kobe hit some big shots but Shaq was unstoppable. Kobe in 2009 proved he was a vital part of that 3peat team, by winning it without Shaq, but he had Gasol.

Wait, we're comparing a Prime Shaq to Gasol. . .

:lol

JamStone
06-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Jordan's 6 rings stand out to me because it could have been 8 straight NBA titles, he had to go play baseball for his father, which I can't blame him.

I thought Jordan had to go play baseball because his gambling problem started to become a bigger problem the league could keep under wraps so Stern told him to get away from the game and the heat for a while.

If Kobe is only the "co-leader" of this past championship, then he was the co-leader of at least the 2001 and 2002 championships as well. You can't have it both ways.

And, if the Spurs do win any more titles, there's a chance that Duncan won't be the one that "leads" the team to the title. One could easily argue that he was merely the "co-leader" of the 2007 title as well.

Obviously, this thread is full of troll posts, but some of the (seemingly) serious posts in here need reality checks.

manufan10
06-29-2009, 01:29 PM
I agree Shaq was easily the man for the 3 lakers' titles, but I still dont think they win those w/out Kobe.

In 2000, Kobe had 3 decent games. One game he helped the Lakers win in overtime with Shaq in foul trouble. I think it's safe to say that in 2000 the Lakers could have won without Kobe. Game 3 Kobe left due to injury, Game 2 he scored 2 points. Game 5 he scored 8 points. While it doesn't diminish the fact that he's won four rings, I think LA gets over the hump even without Kobe in 2000.

iggypop123
06-29-2009, 01:37 PM
so duncan will never go past 4 right? cause people think parker is the best player on the team

JamStone
06-29-2009, 01:40 PM
In 2000, Kobe had 3 decent games. One game he helped the Lakers win in overtime with Shaq in foul trouble. I think it's safe to say that in 2000 the Lakers could have won without Kobe. Game 3 Kobe left due to injury, Game 2 he scored 2 points. Game 5 he scored 8 points. While it doesn't diminish the fact that he's won four rings, I think LA gets over the hump even without Kobe in 2000.

True about the 2000 NBA Finals, but the Lakers don't beat the Portland Trailblazers in the Western Conference Finals without Kobe. No way. So without Kobe, they aren't even in the Finals that season.

sonic21
06-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Dirk(1)

Lord Vader
06-29-2009, 05:21 PM
http://www.icanhasforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/star-wars-lord-vader-faggotry.jpg

Amaso
06-29-2009, 05:30 PM
For the 2 years I've been here, I've gathered that

-Scottie Pippen is severely underrated

-Most people think Kobe Bryant was a role player while he averaged 30/6/6 at the age of 21

-Gasol = Shaq

TheNextGen
06-29-2009, 06:25 PM

This is why people can manipulate stats. Kobe led 1 team to the championship...but he is also 1 of 2 players who has led a team without a HoF'r by his side.

JamStone
06-29-2009, 06:42 PM

I'm pretty sure the majority of Spurs fans think Manu Ginobili is a lock for the basktball Hall of Fame.

DMX7
06-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Pippen will be a hall of famer, sons.

cobbler
06-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Just another retarded thread posted by a person so infatuated by Kobe that even when Kobe does "lead" his team to the title, he feels the need to post something that has been retreaded thousands of times.

What a friggen moron.:deadhorse

galvatron3000
06-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Kareem not on there with his 6?

galvatron3000
06-29-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty sure the majority of Spurs fans think Manu Ginobili is a lock for the basktball Hall of Fame.

in 7 years have you not noticed his impact, sure he will be a HOF, if he plays 3 more years of just good solid ball.

TheNextGen
06-29-2009, 07:10 PM
in 7 years have you not noticed his impact, sure he will be a HOF, if he plays 3 more years of just good solid ball.

Does that make Kobe the only one on the list who has won a title without a Hall of Famer then?

Lord Vader
06-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Does that make Kobe the only one on the list who has won a title without a Hall of Famer then?

I suppose it does

JamStone
06-29-2009, 07:32 PM

You missed the point I was making that if that's the case, Duncan did not win 2 NBA titles without a HOF teammate playing beside him, which is what the poster I quoted suggested. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the debate because of course it's foolish to an extent. I'm just correcting his/her suggestion that Duncan won 2 titles without HOF teammates.

And, for the record, I believe Ginobili should and will be a HOFer and absolutely deserves it.

Amaso
06-29-2009, 08:08 PM
And, for the record, I believe Ginobili should and will be a HOFer and absolutely deserves it.

Not by what he's done in the NBA.

JamStone
06-29-2009, 08:10 PM
It's not the NBA hall of fame. It's the basketball hall of fame.

There's been plenty of debate over this topic already. No need to go into it again. I was only letting a "Spurs fan" know that most Spurs fans feel Manu Ginobili is a HOFer and so his point that Duncan won 2 titles without a HOF teammate was invalid.

Allanon
06-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Lakerfan trolls a Spur forum and Spurfan trolls 'em back.

Fair enough :tu

afireinside20
06-29-2009, 09:42 PM

I would be surprised, if you took the finger out of your ass, and actually put up a decent post :toast

Lord Vader
06-29-2009, 10:07 PM
I would be surprised, if you took the finger out of your ass, and actually put up a decent post :toast

I agree with The_Game. Duncan certainly has a fair chance to win more titles, but with all the new powers in the NBA, i would be surprised if he did. But i wouldn't be really shocked, just mildly surprised

SouthTexasRancher
06-29-2009, 11:44 PM

:lol:lol:lol:rollin:lol:lol:lol

SouthTexasRancher
06-29-2009, 11:45 PM

:tu

hitmanyr2k
06-30-2009, 11:10 PM

The lack of logic on this forum is amazing...just fucking amazing.

Jordan, Duncan, Shaq, and Olajuwon have won a title without a true hall of famer at their side.

Is anyone with half a brain going to say Pippen was a HOF player in '91 when Jordan lead the Bulls to a title? Fuck no. Pippen was damn good in the playoffs that year (because he had something to prove after "the migraine") but he wasn't a HOF player yet. He developed into a HOF player as the Bulls continued their dynasty.

Is anyone with half a brain going to say Kobe was a HOF player in 2000 when Shaq lead the Lakers to a title? Fuck no. Kobe was an inconsistent rising star during that title run. He mixed good games with horrible ones. Like Pippen, he developed into a HOF player as the Lakers continued their dynasty.

Hakeem Olajuwon in '94 had no HOF caliber player beside him whatsoever. I don't even think he had an all-star caliber player beside him. And before someone pulls Clyde Drexler out of their ass remember Clyde came in '95 for the 2nd title.

Tim Duncan in '03 and '05 lead his team to a title with no HOF player beside him as well. The '03 title didn't even have an all-star caliber player on it. I'm not counting D-Rob because he was a shell of his former self and played limited minutes. The '05 team at least had Ginobili as an all-star caliber player (an argument can be made for Parker as well) but neither were HOF players.

turiaf for president
06-30-2009, 11:40 PM
and you say laker fans are insecure?

ulosturedge
06-30-2009, 11:44 PM
:wakeup

Donkeybong
07-01-2009, 03:31 AM
this is the dumbest thread ive seen in a while... continue.

VivaPopovich
07-01-2009, 04:28 AM

Agreed. His playing style isn't over-dependent on athleticism like Lebron's. I see Duncan playing until he's 40 like Stockton/Malone

blink
07-01-2009, 04:33 AM
jordan > shaq > duncan > kobe

afireinside20
07-01-2009, 08:03 AM
jordan > shaq > duncan > kobe

Jordan > Duncan > Kobe > Shaq

Killakobe81
07-01-2009, 03:53 PM
sons this is 100% truth.

- Kobe has 3 rings thanks 100% to Shaq carrying the Lakers all 3 years. Kobe was just lucky enough to be on the team as a "role player" like Pippen was with Jordan.

- Kobe has 1 ring as a CO-LEADER of the team along with Gasol. Take Gasol off that team and the Lakers probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs.

- Kobe has never truly led a team to a championship like Jordan, Shaq, Duncan, etc. have no matter how hard the media pushes him.

You were a BIG man and gave props after the FINALS and know your haterade pimp cup is overflowin'
For the last time Kobe did more than Pippen to help Shaq win the 1st 3 ...
And how can Gasol be soft but teh co-leader of the Lakers?

You guys are pathetic we do not need the media watch the 4th quarter of most playoff games in the Shaq/Kobe era Kobe made most of teh key plays DFish and Horry hit the most clutch shots ...

I defintely agree Shaq was 1A and Kobe was 1B and there was a gap I would also argue by the 3 peat that gap had narrowed due to Shaq's conditioning ...but whatever hope Lakers win again so more hate can keep comiing .. LALOve it!!!! bAWHAHA

OH yeah, PS hornets have the highest payrol in the NBA BAHAHAHA!!!