http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/49448872.html

http://sps.k12.mo.us/mann/Photo%20Gallery/EOY%20Celebration/bookit.gif

resistanze
06-29-2009, 03:26 PM
That does nothing for them.

Thunder Dan
06-29-2009, 03:30 PM
That does nothing for them.

for who? For the Cavs it gives us what we need in a 4 that can step out and hit 3's, and guard a guy like Rashard Lewis. Need a 4 like that to play with Shaq Diesel.

2Cleva
06-29-2009, 03:32 PM
He's basically a lot like Lamar Odom. Would be a great pickup for the Cavs.

gaKNOW!blee
06-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Cleveland fans are showing me mad love on twitter, appreciate the loveCharlie V's twitter 22 mins ago.

EDIT: it was actually 22 HOURS ago, my bad.

Thunder Dan
06-29-2009, 03:37 PM
He's basically a lot like Lamar Odom. Would be a great pickup for the Cavs.

equally as bald as Odom too, so he's got that going for him, which is nice

DisAsTerBot
06-29-2009, 03:38 PM
for who? For the Cavs it gives us what we need in a 4 that can step out and hit 3's, and guard a guy like Rashard Lewis. Need a 4 like that to play with Shaq Diesel.

:lol i dont think he knows what that means...

JamStone
06-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Charlie V would be a solid addition to the Cavs for the purposes of matching up with Orlando better, and then if they were to meet the Lakers, to match up with Odom at the PF spot. He's not the best defender, but he's more mobile and athletic than what the Cavs have now at the PF position and he'll be able to get out on the perimeter defensively better. If he does sign with the Cavs, especially if he is willing to go there for the MLE, I think it's a very good signing for the Cavs.

However, if I were Charlie, especially if a team offers more than the MLE, I'd have to seriously hesitate going to the Cavs. If he does go to Cleveland and for some reason it doesn't work out and then Shaq's gone and LeBron leaves, he's stuck in the same situation as Milwaukee the last two years if he signs for the MLE for multiple seasons. It will be him and Mo Williams with Ferry trying to reconstruct the team. If a team offers him something like $8 million a year or more, I'd take that worst case scenario into deep consideration before signing on with the Cavs.

baseline bum
06-29-2009, 04:46 PM
I don't like this signing at all. Villanueva doesn't strike me as the most mentally tough player, and it kills Cleveland's chance to add a good free agent next to LeBron next year. I'd rather hold out hope of getting Wade, Bosh, Joe Johnson, Redd, or Ginobili to go next to James than go out and blow my load on a mid-level talent like Charlie.

Thunder Dan
06-29-2009, 04:54 PM
I don't like this signing at all. Villanueva doesn't strike me as the most mentally tough player, and it kills Cleveland's chance to add a good free agent next to LeBron next year. I'd rather hold out hope of getting Wade, Bosh, Joe Johnson, Redd, or Ginobili to go next to James than go out and blow my load on a mid-level talent like Charlie.

I don't think the Cavs want to wait around.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2009, 04:56 PM
That's a sign that they realize they need to add major athleticism up front. They need to stop playing Ilguaskas and let go of Varejao. They both suck.

Thunder Dan
06-29-2009, 04:59 PM
That's a sign that they realize they need to add major athleticism up front. They need to stop playing Ilguaskas and let go of Varejao. They both suck.

Anderson is very valuable to the team. He is one hell of a offensive rebounder and a perfect guy to bring off the bench. They will do their best to resign him

Amaso
06-29-2009, 04:59 PM
So now the Cavs will be a mediocre defensive team with a pretty good offense. You know what that means.

CAVALIERS 2009-2010 NBA CHAMPIONS

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Anderson is very valuable to the team. He is one hell of a offensive rebounder and a perfect guy to bring off the bench. They will do their best to resign him

Sucks for Cavs fans.

Thunder Dan
06-29-2009, 05:01 PM

also, the cap is likely going to go down so the Cavs won't have cap room to sign Bosh to a max deal. He would have to take a little less money with the cap number they are projecting.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2009, 05:07 PM
I still think Brandon Bass would have been the perfect fit at PF next the Shaq but Villanueva works.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2009, 05:11 PM
The Cavs should be trying to get Posey. His contract sucks but they need bigger defenders on the perimeter.

IronMexican
06-29-2009, 05:12 PM
He'd be a great pickup.

Thunder Dan
06-29-2009, 05:14 PM
The Cavs should be trying to get Posey. His contract sucks but they need bigger defenders on the perimeter.

they tried getting him last year until the Hornets gave him a stupid contract for like 4 years and the Cavs wanted nothing to do with that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2009, 05:18 PM
they tried getting him last year until the Hornets gave him a stupid contract for like 4 years and the Cavs wanted nothing to do with that.

Neither would I, but he addresses a major need for them and it's proven he gets better in the playoffs, not worse.

Spursfan092120
06-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Villanueva can't guard Rashard Lewis. His defense is horrible.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2009, 05:24 PM

We honestly don't know what to think of his D. Mo Williams had horrible D on Milwaukee and it got way better on Cleveland. I still say they get the basshole since he is a proven defender.

baseline bum
06-29-2009, 05:24 PM
also, the cap is likely going to go down so the Cavs won't have cap room to sign Bosh to a max deal. He would have to take a little less money with the cap number they are projecting.

What cap number are they (who are they) projecting? If the cap comes in around $55.5 million or so, Bosh won't have to lose a cent.

Spursfan092120
06-29-2009, 05:27 PM
We honestly don't know what to think of his D. Mo Williams had horrible D on Milwaukee and it got way better on Cleveland. I still say they get the basshole since he is a proven defender.
would make more sense, definitely

ffadicted
06-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Charlie on the Cavs = Getting absolutely massacred by the Lakers front court, but does bring more offense.

Cavs still won't be as good as Boston or Orlando imo

JamStone
06-29-2009, 05:44 PM

Use comparative analysis. Is Villanueva a better defensive match-up on Rashard Lewis than Anderson Varejao or Joe Smith? Yes. Can he do a better job at staying close to Lewis on the perimeter and still stay in front of him on drives better (the key word) than Varejao and Smith? Yes.

JamStone
06-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Charlie on the Cavs = Getting absolutely massacred by the Lakers front court, but does bring more offense.

Cavs still won't be as good as Boston or Orlando imo

Say the Cavs sign Villanueva and are still able to re-sign Varejao. Against the Lakers and the Celtics, the Cavs would start Varejao and bring Villanueva off the bench. Against the Magic, they start Villanueva at PF to match up against Rashard Lewis.

ffadicted
06-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Say the Cavs sign Villanueva and are still able to re-sign Varejao. Against the Lakers and the Celtics, the Cavs would start Varejao and bring Villanueva off the bench. Against the Magic, they start Villanueva at PF to match up against Rashard Lewis.

If they keep Varejao, then it's plausible. But if they sign Charlie, I do'nt think they bring Anderson back, that's my guess

JamStone
06-29-2009, 05:52 PM
If they keep Varejao, then it's plausible. But if they sign Charlie, I do'nt think they bring Anderson back, that's my guess

That's where that Chinese financial group that invested millions into the Cavs comes in. Owner Dan Gilbert already said they have no problem going into the luxury tax to ensure they keep LeBron. Will they? Maybe not. But it won't be about money if they don't.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2009, 05:53 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but JJ Hickson > Varejao.

Thunder Dan
06-29-2009, 06:04 PM
What cap number are they (who are they) projecting? If the cap comes in around $55.5 million or so, Bosh won't have to lose a cent.

It was just mentioned in one of Brian Windhorsts (Cavs beat writer for the Plain Dealer) podcast where he said that the Cavs probably shouldn't wait around on Bosh becuase nobody knows what the cap number will be next year but it won't be going up like these free agents suspected when they signed those deals back in 06. He also said that if the Cavs make a run at Bosh and he goes elsewhere, then looking to fill that position will come at a much higher price because next year teams will be spending freely because they have money and rosters to fill. So if they have to go to the second best forward they will have to overpay, when they could just get Charlie, who is only 24 and only pay him the MLE because teams don't want to spend in 2009.

sribb43
06-29-2009, 06:30 PM
CV is a jump shooting pussy. he plays no D and his offensive game is way too inconsistent

Thunder Dan
06-29-2009, 06:36 PM
CV is a jump shooting pussy. he plays no D and his offensive game is way too inconsistent

if he was perfect he wouldn't be a free agent

sribb43
06-29-2009, 06:38 PM
oh ya and i forgot, he doesnt rebound for shit...

Amaso
06-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Whoever pays him more than $3 million a year is gonna get chumped.

KSeal
06-29-2009, 07:32 PM
CV isn't the savior but he is an upgrade over the other 4's Cleveland has. If they have to overpay for him then it really isn't that good of a pickup though.

JamStone
06-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Whoever pays him more than $3 million a year is gonna get chumped.

Lakers are paying Luke Walton about $5.5 million a year, Sasha Vujacic $5 million a year, and Adam Morrison about $6 million a year. Are the Lakers chumps?

KSeal
06-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Lakers are paying Luke Walton about $5.5 million a year, Sasha Vujacic $5 million a year, and Adam Morrison about $6 million a year. Are the Lakers chumps?

:rollin YES!!!!!!

JamStone
06-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Lol, true.

IronMexican
06-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Lakers are stupid for two of those contracts. They took the Morrison contract to unload Vlad. The Sasha one really pisses me off, though.

Amaso
06-29-2009, 07:49 PM

Yes

JamStone
06-29-2009, 07:51 PM
In the Lakers defense, basically every team in the league has given out a stupid contract that's still on their books. I do think it's a little extreme to say Charlie Villanueva isn't worth more than $3 million a year. By NBA standards, I think he would be good value at the MLE. And it also depends what the rest of the payroll of a team looks like.

JamStone
06-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Yes

As I just suggested, most if not all NBA franchises are chumps when it comes to some of the contracts they give out.

scottspurs
06-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Scott Skiles not wanting CV back tells you that he is not very good defensively. That being said I think he would be a good fit for the Cavs because they already have a decent defense and they could use his offensive skills.

Chieflion
06-30-2009, 05:17 AM
In the Lakers defense, basically every team in the league has given out a stupid contract that's still on their books. I do think it's a little extreme to say Charlie Villanueva isn't worth more than $3 million a year. By NBA standards, I think he would be good value at the MLE. And it also depends what the rest of the payroll of a team looks like.
Don't think the Heat have those problems. All the huge contracts are going to expire. Mark Blount, Udonis Haslem, Jermaine O'Neal. They are lining themselves up for a good 2010.

duncan228
06-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Charlie Villanueva: Pistons Interested? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=rotowire-harlieillanuevaiston&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy)

Update: The Pistons are expected to make a play for Villanueva, who became an unrestricted free agent on Monday after the Bucks declined to extend him a qualifying offer, the Detroit News reports.

Recommendation: Villanueva, who turns 25 in August, broke out with the Bucks last season, averaging 16.7 points and 6.7 rebounds. He developed into an offensive force who can work in the post or drill a three. With Antonio McDyess and Rasheed Wallace both expected to leave via free agency, the Pistons will lack a front court scoring presence and Villanueva could fill that need.