PDA

View Full Version : Dejuan Blair on LIVE at 5 oclock central

EricB
06-29-2009, 04:45 PM
On ESPN 1250 the zone and 1250thezone.com

Chris and Jason will be interviewing him.

Be sure to check it out.

timvp
06-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the tip :tu

Spursmania
06-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Great-just in time to hear it. Thanks for the heads up.

DesignatedT
06-29-2009, 04:52 PM
sweet!! thanks for the heads up

xellos88330
06-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Awesome!

anjlbitz
06-29-2009, 04:53 PM
online stream isn't working :(

EricB
06-29-2009, 04:56 PM
online stream isn't working :(

Working for me.

I'm in california and thats how I'm listening.

anjlbitz
06-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Lame. I'm in Vegas. I've been able to listen before but not today. Oh well, I'll just wait for a recap here

EricB
06-29-2009, 05:03 PM
On right now :tu

Spursmania
Yes baby! It's on.

Spurs_9_20_21
Lame. I'm in Vegas. I've been able to listen before but not today. Oh well, I'll just wait for a recap here
:lol Me too!

EricB

Try it in internet explorer

Spursmania
06-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Talking about his work ethic-perfect for the Spurs.

Milo
06-29-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm in France and the online feed is working with Chrome =)

Dunc n Dave
06-29-2009, 05:07 PM
He will wear #45

Spursmania
06-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Comparing Blair to Randy Moss being passed up by the cowboys and other teams and had a chip on his shoulder. Blair says he too is going in with a vengeance and will have a chip on his shoulder to prove himself to others. He thinks he'll stay with #45 as his number. He just wants to rebound and work hard to earn everyone's respect.

WildcardManu
06-29-2009, 05:09 PM
I like what he said he doesn't want them to be given anything, he wants to earn it.

EmantheSpursFan
Nice kid sounds like he's willilng to work

EricB
As you could tell, the jersey question was asked for me :lmao

EricB
06-29-2009, 05:10 PM
The more interviews I hear from this guy the more I like him.

Another "spur material" pick up :tu

Spursmania
He wants to play hard and earn everything he gets. He was 2 years old and was watching the Spurs team on TV and his mom has a pic of that!:lol

WildcardManu
time to start printing that #45

Spursmania
06-29-2009, 05:11 PM
He says he has earned player of the year and all- american on his knees. He's not worried about his knees.

EmantheSpursFan
06-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Whooo Mexican FOOD!!!!

WildcardManu
The best Mexican food outside of Mexico in San Antonio. lol

Spursmania
He'll be in SA on Wednesday. He says he's a fun and lovable guy with a funny personality and loves to have fun. But he says he is a workhorse.

WildcardManu
06-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Overall sounds like a pretty good down to earth guy.

EricB
06-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Wants to come in and just rebound.

Wants to do the dirty work and bring energy.

Love this kid :tu

timvp
Damn good interview. :smokin

My favorite question was when they asked him if Pop or RC has given him any promise regarding minutes and he said Blair didn't want anything given to him and wants to earn it.

EricB
Pittsburgh city wise is a blue collar town alot like SA.

Similar to SA so I can see him fitting in.

EricB
06-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Damn good interview. :smokin

My favorite question was when they asked him if Pop or RC has given him any promise regarding minutes and he said Blair didn't want anything given to him and wants to earn it.

Yeah Chris and Jason can be goofballs but they give damn good interviews.

Spursmania
06-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Blair the Beast! What a great guy-super personality. I think we are going to love him. Let's hope his knees are irrelevant for the short term.

xellos88330
06-29-2009, 05:24 PM
How could he have never had a nickname? That is really what I want to know. Maybe he has one but it is too embarassing for the public?

benefactor
06-29-2009, 05:28 PM
Missed it. :depressed

If someone gets a hold of a transcript it would be greatly appreciated.

SenorSpur
06-29-2009, 05:30 PM
THanks for the heads up. He was also on Ticket 760 during the 4'oclock hour. This guy is funny, hungry, and eager to learn. Says he wants Pop to be hard on him because he wants to learn how to be an NBA player. Says he hopes TD takes him under his wing and if he does he'll listen to everything the vets tell him.

Really, really, like this kid. He's gonna be a BEAST!

DBMethos
06-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Can't wait to see this guy tear it up in the Silver and Black!

50 cent
06-29-2009, 05:42 PM
:tu

I still can't believe this guy fell to us.

iilluzioN
06-29-2009, 05:56 PM
i missed it!!! any transscripts?

Ace9
06-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Seems like a great kid that wants it bad. He's making me even more happier that we selected him, which is pretty hard to do considering how stoked I was when we drafted him.

Buddy Holly
06-29-2009, 06:15 PM

Similar to SA so I can see him fitting in.

SA isn't a blue collar city, maybe perception wise I assume.

EricB
06-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Chris and Jason are gonna replay the interview in 5 minutes for those of you who missed it.

1250thezone.com

yavozerb
06-29-2009, 06:43 PM
almost time to unleash the BEAST!!

DMX7
06-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Does 1250 archive the interviews?

EricB
06-29-2009, 06:51 PM
He's on again right now
and I don't think 1250 archives interviews yet no.

EricB
06-29-2009, 06:51 PM

Ok. Sure.

Mavs<Spurs
06-29-2009, 07:10 PM
On ESPN 1250 the zone and 1250thezone.com

Chris and Jason will be interviewing him.

Be sure to check it out.

Thanks Eric.

urunobili
06-29-2009, 07:16 PM
damn no one recorded it?

SouthTexasRancher
06-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Blair has a great attitude that will make him both a players favorite and a fan favorite. I like the fact that he wants to rebound, rebound and rebound. Not to mention giving 200% to the Spurs. And not wanting anything handed or given to him...he wants to earn it. And also to make sure the teams that passed on him will pay for that mistake. His knees will not be a problem. Pop is gonna like this guy in the Silver & Black..

robot89
06-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Can this guy block shots???
That's what we need!

SouthTexasRancher
06-29-2009, 07:28 PM
i missed it!!! any transscripts?

They'll play it again tomorrow!

Buddy Holly
06-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Ok. Sure.

It's not. I'd love for you to prove your claim. Because I easily can.

BackHome
06-29-2009, 07:42 PM

Well perception says our city is in the top three of the following:

1. Fatest City
2. Teenage Pregnancy
3. High School Drop outs

Ya can't get any Bluer then that!

Spursmania
06-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Meet Blair the Beast our newest Spur:danceclub

BillMc
06-29-2009, 08:27 PM
I missed it. Anything interesting said??? Sounds like he's a good guy with a perfect atitude.

pkbpkb81
06-29-2009, 08:30 PM
I heard the guy on the ticket because that’s were everyone goes first

The kid sounds great can't wait for the season

Kori Ellis
06-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Pittsburgh is nothing like SA. Pittsburgh is like Kentucky or Indiana

Pittsburgh isn't anything like Kentucky -- maybe some parts of Indiana but not really. Mostly it's just like Pittsburgh :lol

(Disclaimer: Kori Ellis' mother, grandmother, and most other relatives were born in Pittsburgh.)

Kori Ellis
06-29-2009, 08:34 PM
I missed it. Anything interesting said??? Sounds like he's a good guy with a perfect atitude.

He basically just said how excited he about the Spurs, about how his knees are fine (his surgeries were in 9th/10th grade) and how teams are going to regret passing him up. Basically, he said that he's coming to town to work hard and rebound.

rayray2k8
06-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Here's the Blair interview, for those of you who missed it like me..

http://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/podcast.html

I think I enjoyed the Jack McClinton interview a bit more, but nice to have Blair on the way.
The guy who interviewed him did a horrible job of it and instead of asking him what nickname he preferred (S.O.D or Hasheem Thabeet's Pimp) he should have asked does he think Hasheem is aware that the Griz and spurs are in the same division? :lol
Also, these damn homer cowboys fans asking Blair if he was a Steeler fan.. Well no shit dumbass, he's from pittsuburg.. :rolleyes

BillMc
06-29-2009, 08:36 PM

Thanks!:toast

BillMc
06-29-2009, 08:37 PM
He basically just said how excited he about the Spurs, about how his knees are fine (his surgeries were in 9th/10th grade) and how teams are going to regret passing him up. Basically, he said that he's coming to town to work hard and rebound.

Thanks and thanks again! :toast

Ace9
06-29-2009, 08:39 PM

Thanks, mate.

PBEEZY
06-29-2009, 08:41 PM

Much appreciated

Samr
06-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Wow, about 30 seconds into the interview and I LOVE this guy. He's really casual, and talking like he's absolutely thrilled.

"Come on admit it, you were pissed when the second round started and no one had called your name weren't you?"

"Well yeah, till my favorite team called my name."

(on pop being scary) "I hope he is. I hope he's tough on me cause if he's not that mean he don't like me. So I want him to be scary. I can take it. So it's gonna be fun, it's gonna be a lot of fun, being coached by a scary coach."

scottspurs
06-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Pittsburgh is nothing like SA. Pittsburgh is like Kentucky or Indiana

When did they make Pittsburgh its own state?

koriwhat
06-29-2009, 08:55 PM
dude is a cheesy as hell radio jock... lame ass nickname! wtf?

Vic Petro
06-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Someone please get word to this Taylor guy not to call Blair "SOD". The last guy I remember with that nickname was Onterrio Smith, and the only thing he's famous for is smuggling a prosthetic penis. Anything but SOD.

Also, where in the world was Dejuan that the wind almost blew the cell phone out of his hand repeatedly? It's like he did the interview from a boat in the middle of the Allegheny River.

ulosturedge
06-29-2009, 08:56 PM

I think I enjoyed the Jack McClinton interview a bit more, but nice to have Blair on the way.
The guy who interviewed him did a horrible job of it and instead of asking him what nickname he preferred (S.O.D or Hasheem Thabeet's Pimp) he should have asked does he think Hasheem is aware that the Griz and spurs are in the same division? :lol
Also, these damn homer cowboys fans asking Blair if he was a Steeler fan.. Well no shit dumbass, he's from pittsuburg.. :rolleyes

Thanks! Great interview.

Russ
06-29-2009, 09:07 PM
"Pop is the best coach next to Phil Jackson."

He'll never hear the end of that one.:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

BackHome
06-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Man I like what he and also McClinton are saying they have both started drinking from Pops koolaid. It is going to be sweet watching them in summer league and hopefuly on our roster!

Samr
06-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Man I like what he and also McClinton are saying they have both started drinking from Pops koolaid.

A good thing to do if they want playing time.

Blackjack
06-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Quick recap from both 760 and 1250 interviews: (At least it would've been, had my computer not crashed.:bang)

Blair seemed genuinely giddy at the prospect of being a Spur, when on with Taylor. He couldn't believe how blessed he was to be playing for a coach like Pop, a team like the Spurs, (Winners, what he considers himself to be) and an idol of his like Tim. (Someone he hopes to have take him under his wing, show him the ropes, teach him how to work, and allow him to be a sponge in order to have some of the same success that Tim has.)

He feels that falling in the draft was the way it was supposed to be. A blessing, but something he's going to have to work for, if he's to accomplish his goals. Something he's done his entire life, and something he doesn't resent, but welcome with open arms.

There was obvious disappointment as he fell in the draft (Leading to an impromptu workout in the hotel gym) but he definitely plans on making those who passed on account of his knees, feel extremely foolish. After all, he's won a State Championship, Rookie of the Year, First-team All-Big-East, and Player of the Year on those same knees.

He realizes his M.R.I. looks bad but feels it looks a lot worse than it is. He feels his body has adapted to it's current condition, and has had no such issues with that area since his last surgery during his sophomore year in high school.

As far as his game goes at the NBA level, and what he feels will immediately translate, rebounding was the first aspect that came to mind. He admits it'd be nice to get a few touches but his best early contribution, and the majority of his concentration, would be on rebounding. Working hard, and rebounding.

When asked if he expected to see significant minutes in his rookie year, he felt he'd get an opportunity, especially with Kurt being dealt, but he expects nothing. He wants to earn the respect of his coaching staff and teammates, as well as anything he gets in terms of minutes.

What does he feel people would be surprised to know about him?

Well, contrary to his play and attitude on the court, he's a bit of a teddy bear. He cites a good personality and guy who genuinely likes to have fun.

He's also a huge Lil Wayne fan and hopes to meet him as soon as possible, even sending a shoutout on the 760, should he happen to be listening. (Don't get your hopes up, D.B.. :lol) He's also a big-time Steelers fan but also claims to be capable of having a little love for the Cowboys, as well.( At least now that he'll be playing his ball in Texas.;)) He reconciled that he could have both a Steelers and Cowboys sticker on his car, just that the Cowboys one would be of the smaller variety.:lol

When asked of his favorite NBA team growing up, he told of a picture his mother found of him when he was around two-years old. In the background of the picture was a Spurs game he had been watching and a player donning the #45. Looking back now, it seems something of an omen to him.

On Wednesday, Blair will make his first venture to Texas, and he's anxious to arrive. He acknowledged he'd be playing in this year's Summer League, and is really looking forward to getting work.

Holt Cat's newest 6' 7" earth-mover, we eagerly anticipate.:hungry:

tomtom
06-29-2009, 09:47 PM

thanks mate :toast

BillMc
06-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Quick recap from both 760 and 1250 interviews: (At least it would've been, had my computer not crashed.:bang)

Blair seemed genuinely giddy at the prospect of being a Spur, when on with Taylor. He couldn't believe how blessed he was to be playing for a coach like Pop, a team like the Spurs, (Winners, what he considers himself to be) and an idol of his like Tim. (Someone he hopes to have take him under his wing, show him the ropes, teach him how to work, and allow him to be a sponge in order to have some of the same success that Tim has.)

He feels that falling in the draft was the way it was supposed to be. A blessing, but something he's going to have to work for, if he's to accomplish his goals. Something he's done his entire life, and something he doesn't resent, but welcome with open arms.

There was obvious disappointment as he fell in the draft (Leading to an impromptu workout in the hotel gym) but he definitely plans on making those who passed on account of his knees, feel extremely foolish. After all, he's won a State Championship, Rookie of the Year, First-team All-Big-East, and Player of the Year on those same knees.

He realizes his M.R.I. looks bad but feels it looks a lot worse than it is. He feels his body has adapted to it's current condition, and has had no such issues with that area since his last surgery during his sophomore year in high school.

As far as his game goes at the NBA level, and what he feels will immediately translate, rebounding was the first aspect that came to mind. He admits it'd be nice to get a few touches but his best early contribution, and the majority of his concentration, would be on rebounding. Working hard, and rebounding.

When asked if he expected to see significant minutes in his rookie year, he felt he'd get an opportunity, especially with Kurt being dealt, but he expects nothing. He wants to earn the respect of his coaching staff and teammates, as well as anything he gets in terms of minutes.

What does he feel people would be surprised to know about him?

Well, contrary to his play and attitude on the court, he's a bit of a teddy bear. He cites a good personality and guy who genuinely likes to have fun.

He's also a huge Lil Wayne fan and hopes to meet him as soon as possible, even sending a shoutout on the 760, should he happen to be listening. (Don't get your hopes up, D.B.. :lol) He's also a big-time Steelers fan but also claims to be capable of having a little love for the Cowboys, as well.( At least now that he'll be playing his ball in Texas.;)) He reconciled that he could have both a Steelers and Cowboys sticker on his car, just that the Cowboys one would be of the smaller variety.:lol

When asked of his favorite NBA team growing up, he told of a picture his mother found of him when he was around two-years old. In the background of the picture was a Spurs game he had been watching and a player donning the #45. Looking back now, it seems something of an omen to him.

On Wednesday, Blair will make his first venture to Texas, and he's anxious to arrive. He acknowledged he'd be playing in this year's Summer League, and is really looking forward to getting work.

Holt Cat's newest 6' 7" earth-mover, we eagerly anticipate.:hungry:

Thanks for the summary. A lot of work, we really appreciate it!:toast:toast:toast

clubalien
06-29-2009, 09:52 PM
yao just proves the risk og blair at number one is. However yao in the secound round with out a max contract doesn't seem as risky

duncan228
06-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the recap BLACKJACK21.

Buddy Holly
06-29-2009, 09:56 PM
yao just proves the risk og blair at number one is. However yao in the secound round with out a max contract doesn't seem as risky

Huh?

Their situations are nothing a like.

clubalien
06-29-2009, 09:57 PM
about him?

Well, contrary to his play and attitude on the court, he's a bit of a teddy bear.

nick name blair de bear?:hat

Buddy Holly
06-29-2009, 09:58 PM
The Bear is a great nick.

raspsa
06-29-2009, 09:58 PM
"Pop is the best coach next to Phil Jackson."

He'll never hear the end of that one.:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
Yeah, I couldn't believe he said that but in a way its refreshing and honest.. still, I expect Pop and his teammates will have something to say about that later on.
:lol

clubalien
06-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Huh?

Their situations are nothing a like.

except they are big man that if teams invest heavily in could never play again. It isn't totally equal, but it does show investing your top pick in a player that gets injuryed can suck.

ie max contract to grant hill.

that is why he dropped.

johnnyblues
06-29-2009, 10:04 PM
nick name blair de bear?:hat

Teddy Blair?:lol

tomtom
06-29-2009, 10:07 PM
haha great interviews jack's was entertaining

benefactor
06-29-2009, 10:10 PM
"This is Cowboys country." :vomit:

We're talking about the Spurs dammit. Leave the second best team in Texas out of this.

Blackjack
06-29-2009, 10:11 PM
DeJuan "Bear" Blair or

Dejuan "Teddy" Blair, while not all that original...

Would be pretty fitting, though.

I could actually envision his teammates calling him Teddy as a joke, but have it actually end up sticking.

Hell, there is a guy who actually likes being called "Big Baby.":lol

EricB
06-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Man you people are sensitive about the cowboys.

EricB
06-29-2009, 10:19 PM
I prefer El Oso.

clubalien
06-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Teddy Blair?:lol

hopefully a marketing success. Just imagine little teddy bears with a spurs 45 jersey on it.

pure gold baby

Vic Petro
06-29-2009, 10:24 PM
i prefer el oso.

+1

Blackjack
06-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Man you people are sensitive about the cowboys.

What do you mean by "you people?":hat

D_Blair45_fan
06-29-2009, 10:31 PM
In Pittsburgh he went from being called "Big Fella" to just "Fella".

Demo Dick Marcinko
06-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Beware of Blair!!!
The Blair Beast Project :downspin:

iilluzioN
06-29-2009, 10:55 PM
thank you sooo much!!!! I love this dude

Blackjack
06-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the summary. A lot of work, we really appreciate it!:toast:toast:toast

Thanks for the recap BLACKJACK21.

No prob.:toast (Sorry you only got a lesser rewrite, though)

Samr
06-29-2009, 11:10 PM
He needs to remember that down here, it's "y'all" and not "yens."

raspsa
06-29-2009, 11:25 PM
He should have #1 on his jersey since he is DeJuan..

EricB
06-29-2009, 11:51 PM
What do you mean by "you people?":hat

Alot of people.

God they get sensitive at the drop of the hat if the interviewer askes or talks about one thing outside of the Spurs.

HarlemHeat37
06-30-2009, 12:52 AM
I hate that he's a Lil Wayne fan though, but great interview outside of that..

Obstructed_View
06-30-2009, 12:54 AM

Sea World Pittsburgh and Fiesta Pennsylvania are big attractions.

NewJerSpur
06-30-2009, 01:40 AM
How about:

a) Blair Bear (like Carebear, the cartoon characters, but more aggressive sounding)

b) "The Bear" Blair (a bit smoother than "Blair the Bear" but with the same effect)

c) Or, none of the above. :lol

Took me an hour to come up with those, sad, LOL.

EmantheSpursFan
06-30-2009, 01:54 AM
DeJuan "Bear" Blair or

Dejuan "Teddy" Blair, while not all that original...

Would be pretty fitting, though.

I could actually envision his teammates calling him Teddy as a joke, but have it actually end up sticking.

Hell, there is a guy who actually likes being called "Big Baby.":lol

I've heard on different occasions different players call Tim Duncan "Teddy"
so i doubt thats even going to be a choice
:lol

DMX7
06-30-2009, 02:02 AM
He should have #1 on his jersey since he is DeJuan..

"Da One" Blair....

ah?.... Ah?

Blackjack
06-30-2009, 02:02 AM
I've heard on different occasions different players call Tim Dunan "Teddy"
so i doubt thats even going to be a choice

Those weren't my suggestions, but I've never heard Tim being called, "Teddy."

Timmy, yeah.

T.D., absolutely.

Maybe the accent of Tony, Manu, or one of their other foreign players (past or present) threw you off?

EmantheSpursFan
06-30-2009, 02:04 AM
Those weren't my suggestions, but I've never heard Tim being called, "Teddy."

Timmy, yeah.

T.D., absolutely.

Maybe the accent of Tony, Manu, or one of their other foreign players (past or present) threw you off?

I've heard Pop and Sean say it a few times maybe its a nickname only the older players call him???

Blackjack
06-30-2009, 02:06 AM
I've heard Pop and Sean say it a few times maybe its a nickname only the older players call him???

And you're positive you didn't here T. D or Tim-E?

EricB
06-30-2009, 02:11 AM
So the people of pittsburgh and san antonio wouldn't be the same in that they are middle income, hard working, regular people?

Thats what I meant.

Sorry that it had to be as always, broken down into perfect comparison

raspsa
06-30-2009, 03:11 AM
"Da One" Blair....

ah?.... Ah?

In the end, there can only be One..:lol

Buddy Holly
06-30-2009, 01:52 PM
So the people of pittsburgh and san antonio wouldn't be the same in that they are middle income, hard working, regular people?

Thats what I meant.

Sorry that it had to be as always, broken down into perfect comparison

Aren't most people hard working and "regular" people? Well, except LA.

EricB
06-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Aren't most people hard working and "regular" people? Well, except LA.

I wouldn't say the people of SA are like the people of Chicago or New York.

SA is like a midwestern city imo.

D_Blair45_fan
06-30-2009, 11:25 PM
He needs to remember that down here, it's "y'all" and not "yens."

"yinz" is "Pittsburghese". In Pittsburgh they would say he talks like a yinzer.

Summers
06-30-2009, 11:59 PM

You heard "TD" or "Timmy".