PDA

View Full Version : Charly Gonzalez's office actually responded

CosmicCowboy
06-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Dear Friend:

Thank you for sharing your interest in our nation's energy policy. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

On June 26, 2009, I joined other members of the House of Representatives in supporting and passing legislation that will overhaul our outdated and inefficient energy policy. The American Clean Energy and Security Act, HR 2454, makes significant progress in enhancing America's energy independence while creating new clean energy jobs and protecting our environment.

Key provisions of the American Clean Energy and Security Act, HR 2454, call for investments in new clean energy technologies and energy efficiency, including electric and other advanced technology vehicles, and basic scientific research and development. Most importantly we strive to fund these investments while protecting consumers from energy price increases. These programs should protect consumers from electricity, natural gas, and heating oil increases while also protecting low and moderate income families and providing tax dividends for consumers. In combination, these programs substantially reduce the impact of HR 2454 on American consumers.

As a San Antonian, I understand the importance and value of our local industries. I worked with my Committee on Energy and Commerce to ensure that CPS Energy, our local electricity distribution company, would not only be eligible for a free allocation of credits, but would also be allowed to receive these for their new plant which is expected to come on-line within the next few years. These allocations will be essential in maintaining low rates for customers, especially those struggling financially. Other industries, such as manufacturers and refiners, will also receive allowances that will help them through a finite transition period as we move toward cleaner energy production and usage.

This legislation promotes clean energy and takes into account the role our traditional sources must play as we make this transition. Not being dependent on foreign sources for 60 percent of our transportation fuels is simply a matter of national security and is long overdue. A cleaner environment will be better for us all, and we must not and do not need to hurt consumers to get there. While HR 2454 is pending action by the Senate, I am hopeful that it will move quickly through the legislative process.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me and please do not hesitate to contact me in the future regarding your legislative concerns.

Sincerely,

Charles A. Gonzalez
Member of Congress

My response:

Thank you for your response. I'm sure you are a good guy in person but in my humble opinion you have just sold your Texan and American soul for advancement for your party's current and hopefully temporary political advantage. Good luck with that.

I will be spending time and money in an attempt to defeat you in your next election cycle.

Your vote was a disgrace to Texas and the people you claim to represent.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Shoulda just asked him what kickbacks he got for selling out. Would have made the point as well.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-29-2009, 11:13 PM
i'm about done with sending every person that voted "yes" this email:

"I hope you're voted out of office faster than it took you to vote for the cap and trade bill. 'Nice not knowing you."

i know this breaks from my partisan hackery, but......................

jman3000
06-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Stop being so bitter Viva.