PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with road rage?

Frenzy
06-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Any one who has driven a car for a while has sure experienced road rage. My question to you is how do you deal with it? do you do the pay back? do you use hand gestures...do you honk your horn like some mad man...so you tailgate... do you roll down the window and say things to them that would make a sailor cringe?

Earlier today I was getting off the freeway on to the access road...cars are suppose to yield....this care didn't,so i speed up and they had to break hard.They honked at me and we meet at the light ahead. I looked over(are we not suppose to do this?) the girl was not happy mouthing off... and flinging her arms as if she was drowning. The strange thing was she was not looking in my direction.....she just looked straight ahead. Maybe it wasn't me,maybe she was nuts,maybe she was on a blue tooth.

how do you deal?

balli
06-30-2009, 01:06 PM
:smokin

Bender
06-30-2009, 01:10 PM
she was probably cussing you out, but many people shy away from actual eye contact...

I honk my horn a lot, especially when I'm behind someone who needs a 500 YARD space to pull out in traffic.

I use my middle finger a lot also, as long as I have the space to get away if the guy turns out to be a psycho...

CosmicCowboy
06-30-2009, 01:11 PM
I laugh at them and wave. It pisses them off more than flipping them off.

manufan10
06-30-2009, 01:13 PM

:lmao

That's what I do too.

z0sa
06-30-2009, 01:13 PM
I am a roll down the window let's talk some shit kinda guy, especially with yield signs. I hate it when you're moving 30+ and some idiot thinks they can roll in from a complete stop at some business right in front of you 15 yards away because they're in a big truck with the pedal to the medal. I always downshift and fly past them as fast as possible, middle finger rising.

resistanze
06-30-2009, 01:16 PM
I hate assholes in the fast lane on the highway that are driving slow as shit, then speed up the second you change lanes to overtake them. They're usually the ones talking on cell phones and have the need to make hand gestures to the person on the other side of the line.

Frenzy
06-30-2009, 01:16 PM

even if your the one that gets cut off ? that would be funny...

manufan10
06-30-2009, 01:17 PM
I hate assholes in the fast lane on the highway that are driving slow as shit, then speed up the second you change lanes to overtake them. They're usually the ones talking on cell phones and have the need to make hand gestures to the person on the other side of the line.

I hate that too.. Get out of the fast lane dumbass!

manufan10
06-30-2009, 01:19 PM
even if your the one that gets cut off ? that would be funny...

If it's me that gets cut off, then I usually honk and look at them pissed off. :D

Evil Angel
06-30-2009, 01:28 PM

Pisses me off too. The ones sending email and texting are worse. When they're on the phone I honk a long time while passing.

Just pretend to get the gun out of glove box while bitching. That gets there attention! :makemyday

:lol

BacktoBasics
06-30-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't put up with peoples shit on the roads. I'll fucking throw something at you.

lefty
06-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Roid rage ?

BurgerKing
06-30-2009, 02:00 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/clintsquint/burgerkingkill.gif
:bking :bking

phyzik
06-30-2009, 02:03 PM
http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/move-over1.jpg

I can get around people that are going slow, the thing that pisses me off is the people that dont know what yield means when Im exiting the highway, I will slow down and stay along side of them and force them to miss the entrance ramp. Most of the time they cant even speed up fast enough to get by me unless they are in something like a Corvette.

SonOfAGun
06-30-2009, 02:06 PM
http://www.florapse.com/Merchant2/I/WOL837K.JPG

phyzik
06-30-2009, 02:08 PM
http://www.florapse.com/Merchant2/I/WOL837K.JPG

emRBNXj0n94

emoticon
06-30-2009, 02:09 PM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w127/geodehead/road-rage.gif

BruceBowenFan
06-30-2009, 02:50 PM

emRBNXj0n94

That was great.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-30-2009, 02:57 PM
http://www.kmike.com/KWjpg/357swmag.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
06-30-2009, 02:58 PM

emRBNXj0n94

oh man, that's great. :lmao

HighLowLobForBig-50
06-30-2009, 03:35 PM
http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/move-over1.jpg

I can get around people that are going slow, the thing that pisses me off is the people that dont know what yield means when Im exiting the highway, I will slow down and stay along side of them and force them to miss the entrance ramp. Most of the time they cant even speed up fast enough to get by me unless they are in something like a Corvette.

thats a good one. i can deal with most everything out on the road except for those assholes that think theyre too good to wait in line on Dezavala.:bang you know, where it goes from 2 lanes down to 1 at that valero. i go through there at least once a day , just waiting for my prey. i give them a little hole ahead of me so they decide to try and screw ME over. then when they go for it i speed up and close the gap. then when they slow down to try for the hole created behind me, i slow down with them untill the car behind me catches up.they end up stopped and screwed. 95% of the time it works but every now and then you get people with cars as fast as phyziks who just laugh at my trucks privates.

mookie2001
06-30-2009, 03:44 PM
i usually just laugh and wave, i used to drive all day so it really changed my driving habits

but when someone is putting peoples lives in danger i can play that game too
i like to get in front of them and slam on my brakes, they brake naturally then realize youre really braking hard then panic and get scared

or if i stop behind them at a light i'll lay on the horn for the entire red light
females usually pretend to call the police and make it all obvious like honking the horn is a felony

koriwhat
06-30-2009, 03:45 PM
i cuss, put the finger up, make a gun gesture and shoot(only done this once and that was last week... scared the shit out of the dude and then i realized what i was doing. very bad day for me.), laugh and wave like others said, as well as many other little things.

i freakin' hate driving especially in sa! we have some of the worst drivers here, there's no doubt about it.

the other day on san pedro at the light in front of northstar mall i was just staring at this dude while he was texting someone and not paying attention to the light that just turned green. so of course, being the asshole i am, i wait until he looks at me and i start goofing off and making gestures like i'm texting. was wanting to make him feel stupid for the dumbshit he's doing on the road instead of what he should've been doing; driving!

anyhow, i hate driving and i can't say it enough.

ps: watch out for my flying pennies on the road if you piss me off. right out the sun roof!

mookie2001
06-30-2009, 03:46 PM
got to be careful in my playground though because people pull heaters on the reg, they wont do anything they just like to look hard

mookie2001
06-30-2009, 03:50 PM
i actually think sa drivers are the best ive ever seen honestly, theyre predicable, let you in if you use your signal, drive at regular speeds

in austin, it may be the traffic or the students or illegal population but they cant drive worth shit, its like drivers ed 101

houston people will almost kill to get in front of you, like their life depends on getting into your lane

in dallas its not bad its just people drive like 80 or 90 on the highway

ORION
06-30-2009, 03:53 PM
i usually just laugh and wave, i used to drive all day so it really changed my driving habits

but when someone is putting peoples lives in danger i can play that game too
i like to get in front of them and slam on my brakes, they brake naturally then realize youre really braking hard then panic and get scared

or if i stop behind them at a light i'll lay on the horn for the entire red light
females usually pretend to call the police and make it all obvious like honking the horn is a felony
Its a felony if you get out of your car and go honk her horns.

spursfan09
06-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Pisses me off too. The ones sending email and texting are worse. When they're on the phone I honk a long time while passing.

Just pretend to get the gun out of glove box while bitching. That gets there attention! :makemyday

Brilliant! Gotta give that a try.

Neo.
06-30-2009, 04:18 PM
I let my girl drive.

Jesus
06-30-2009, 04:21 PM
I try to lighten some of you up but it doesn't always work.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n102/miztersmiley/roadrage.jpg

Bukefal
06-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Just put up some good music and relaxxxxx.......................

spurster
06-30-2009, 04:40 PM
I hope I'm not on the road at the same time as any of you maniacs. Is there some grand first prize that you are all competing for?

Can't we all just get along?

For myself, if I get mad at another driver, I'll yell and swear, then laugh at my own foolishness.

phyzik
06-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Here's a funny story. I was in a friends car, we where driving down 410 by northstar. The big interchange ramps to get onto 281 where still being built. Some dude was driving like a maniac, probably drunk. Traffic was at a crawl and he was cutting people off hardcore. People closest to him actually started throwing shit at his car (he deserved it, nearly wrecked into 2 vehicles forcing his way over).

The guy got onto the breakdown lane and accelerated pretty quickly up the unfinished ramp, blew right by a cop that was blocking it. Cop chased his ass down and arrested him at the end of the ramp where it was still unfinished. My buddies and I thought the guy was going to drive straight off. :lol

mrsmaalox
06-30-2009, 05:05 PM
I don't get road rage, but I'm rarely in a hurry to get anywhere. If someone has a problem with me, I usually just roll my eyes and shake my head.

But as far as those yield signs go---believe me, here in SA it's a walk in the park. When I lived in the DC area it was sooo frustrating! Then it was explained to me by a local that in that area "yield" actually means "merge"!! :lmao

Biernutz
06-30-2009, 05:24 PM
When the traffic gets bad you just pull into the slow lane and turn on a Mp3--

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Gifffs1234/wwhz7.gif

Frenzy
07-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Here's a funny story. I was in a friends car, we where driving down 410 by northstar. The big interchange ramps to get onto 281 where still being built. Some dude was driving like a maniac, probably drunk. Traffic was at a crawl and he was cutting people off hardcore. People closest to him actually started throwing shit at his car (he deserved it, nearly wrecked into 2 vehicles forcing his way over).

The guy got onto the breakdown lane and accelerated pretty quickly up the unfinished ramp, blew right by a cop that was blocking it. Cop chased his ass down and arrested him at the end of the ramp where it was still unfinished. My buddies and I thought the guy was going to drive straight off. :lol

that would have been on america's extreme police chases VXIII