PDA

View Full Version : FIBA Americas 2010 Turkey WC Qualifier Tournament

urunobili
06-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Dominican Republic is STACKED!!!!

Look at this lineup of confirmed players:

Al Horford C
Francisco García SG
Trevor Ariza SF (US born grandson of Dominican)
Charlie Villanueva PF (US born son of Domonicans)
Luis Flores (Ex NBA) SG
Sammy Mejía (Larissa Greece). SG
Jack Michael Martínez PF/C
Franklin Western PF/C
Carlos Morban PG
Cristian Ramírez PG

urunobili
07-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Prigioni and Delfino in doubt to join Argentina's NT in the qualifier...

Interview to team captain Scola below:

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2009/07/22/basquet/01963101.html

urunobili
07-31-2009, 07:59 AM
Argentina crushed Australia 98-78 on their first friendly match...

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2009/07/31/basquet/01969102.html

Sanchez, Montecchia, Espil honored at half time...

Rogue
07-31-2009, 08:12 AM
Dominican Republic is STACKED!!!!

Look at this lineup of confirmed players:

Al Horford C
Francisco García SG
Trevor Ariza SF (US born grandson of Dominican)
Charlie Villanueva PF (US born son of Domonicans)
Luis Flores (Ex NBA) SG
Sammy Mejía (Larissa Greece). SG
Jack Michael Martínez PF/C
Franklin Western PF/C
Carlos Morban PG
Cristian Ramírez PG

ROFL :lmao Dudes are so cute as to find some affiliates from their father, or even grand father with Dominica. If I were also a professional basketball player, I would play for the Spanish basketball team alongside Gasols and Rubio because of my spanish great great... grandpa. Though language would be kind of a problem for me to get along with my teammates on Spanish national team. :lmao

Rogue
07-31-2009, 08:22 AM
Prigioni and Delfino in doubt to join Argentina's NT in the qualifier...

Interview to team captain Scola below:

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2009/07/22/basquet/01963101.html
Prigioni has been the unshakable starting PG for years and although many Argentinian players have set up careers in NBA, none of them is a proven good PG that can take over the stick from Prigioni, who is unarguably already in the dusk of his career.

Because of the inconsistent performances in NBA, Delfino has already had his value shrunk a lot in both NBA and the international games, but he still a key role off the bench on the Argentinian team. there's no doubt the Argentinian team will suffer a lot without Prigioni and Delfino, though this team can still find its way out of troubles with the leadership of Scola and Manu.

urunobili
07-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Prigioni has been the unshakable starting PG for years and although many Argentinian players have set up careers in NBA, none of them is a proven good PG that can take over the stick from Prigioni, who is unarguably already in the dusk of his career.

Prigioni has drawn interest from Houston, San Antonio and most recently New York to join the NBA... he never was as good as Pepe or Montecchia but close to them definitively... it took him longer to reach his peak but he did it...

It is almost confirmed he won't be joining the team since he has been hired by Real Madrid and it's GM asked him not to play for Argentina this summer... an excecutive from the Argie NT is in Spain trying to make them change that desicion...

DAF86
07-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Prigioni has drawn interest from Houston, San Antonio and most recently New York to join the NBA... he never was as good as Pepe or Montecchia but close to them definitively... it took him longer to reach his peak but he did it...

It is almost confirmed he won't be joining the team since he has been hired by Real Madrid and it's GM asked him not to play for Argentina this summer... an excecutive from the Argie NT is in Spain trying to make them change that desicion...

According to ESPNDEPORTEZZZZZZ he turned down a Knicks offer to play for Real Madrid.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-31-2009, 03:08 PM

You are crazy. WTF? Pabli is WAY BETTER than they were.

urunobili
07-31-2009, 03:21 PM
You are crazy. WTF? Pabli is WAY BETTER than they were.

Montecchia > Sanchez > Prigioni at least at International ball level...

DAF86
07-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Montecchia > Sanchez > Prigioni at least at International ball level...

IMO is: Sanchez > Montecchia > Prigioni

fo'shizzle
07-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Welcome back KBP, where have you been? We missed you. LOL

urunobili
07-31-2009, 03:39 PM

The argument in between Sanchez and Montecchia is a very tough one since they're both very close to each other's level... it's a personal choice to decide on either direction...

DAF86
07-31-2009, 03:46 PM
The argument in between Sanchez and Montecchia is a very tough one since they're both very close to each other's level... it's a personal choice to decide on either direction...

Montecchia was faster and a better shooter (the perfect player to have come off the bench to be the "spark") and Pepe was more of a playmaker, he was the brain of that Argie NT. I agree is a very close call.

Otaku
07-31-2009, 03:48 PM

+1 on that.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Prigioni is much better than those other two. You obviously have not watched Prigioni playing much.

DAF86
07-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Prigioni is much better than those other two. You obviously have not watched Prigioni playing much.

:lol Look at the flag under my avatar.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-31-2009, 06:04 PM

Prigioni is much better than the other two. I seriously doubt you have seen him play much.

DAF86
07-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Prigioni is much better than the other two. I seriously doubt you have seen him play much.

Prigioni himself will tell you that Sanchez and Montecchia are better than him.

Ariel
08-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Montecchia is the better shooter and offensive player, Pepe the better defender and a terrific glue guy, but Prigioni is the better playmaker and all around player. I like them all three though, but I feel Montecchia is a tad bit overrated due to his key role for the olympic gold, and Pepe because he paved the way for others in the NBA. Wish we still had them though... ahhh, great times not likely to repeat themselves any time soon... :cry.

TheProfessor
08-01-2009, 01:02 PM
I notice KBP doesn't have a Greek flag under his avatar. I wonder why.......

Spursfan092120
08-01-2009, 03:41 PM
I notice KBP doesn't have a Greek flag under his avatar. I wonder why.......
http://images.topix.com/gallery/up-N9EPD7VDHKE4H93R.jpg

Hemotivo
08-02-2009, 12:05 AM
:lol

Hemotivo
08-02-2009, 12:06 AM

:tu

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Prigioni who is definitely better out of those 3 players signed with Real Madrid. When Messina wants you as his starting point guard - you are good.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Pablo is the best of those 3.

bUcOCna1wHU&fmtl=35

urunobili
08-19-2009, 08:44 AM
http://www.fibaamericas.com/fiba_us.asp

Brazil pounded the Argies for a 15 point win...

Splitter and Barsosa overcame 28 and 6 from Scola

Argie PG promise JM Fernandez from Tempe had 5 assist in 10 minutes starting the game... when they subbed him Brazil took over as the Argies lost their offensive flow :wow

BTW Prigioni is confirmed to play with the team :stirpot:

http://www.fibaamericas.com/noticiasread_us.asp?r=ZTQVQCASDJ

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Prigioni is starting point guard now for Real Madrid. He should be made more important in Argentina national team than he is used.

urunobili
08-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Canada also Crushed the Argies...

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2009/08/20/basquet/01981781.html

Mel_13
08-26-2009, 09:55 AM
http://www.fibaamericas.com/torneos_cal_us.asp?t=BIVRPKNDXU

Play begins today.

DR (Horford) v Brazil (Splitter) should be a good one.

urunobili
08-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Uruguay vs. US Virgin Islands Live Boxscore

http://live-statistic.fiba.com/index.html?ref=FIBA.com&event=ACM09&game=01#

Bruno
08-26-2009, 01:13 PM
This tournament is quite meaningless for Argentina. Even if they suck, they will go to the 2010 WC.

There are 4 wild cards for the 2010 WC. These 4 wild cards can't be given to 4 countries of the same continent (basically Europe). I don't see how Argentina won't get a wild card if they fail to qualify this summer.

urunobili
08-26-2009, 02:27 PM
I don;t think they would have won even with TD...

Uruguay 88 US Virgin Islands 62 final result

Spurs Brazil
08-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Brazil up 2 at the half

Garcia is on fire for DR. Tiago in foul trouble and playing bad

Mel_13
08-26-2009, 07:27 PM
This tournament is quite meaningless for Argentina. Even if they suck, they will go to the 2010 WC.

There are 4 wild cards for the 2010 WC. These 4 wild cards can't be given to 4 countries of the same continent (basically Europe). I don't see how Argentina won't get a wild card if they fail to qualify this summer.

They might need it.

Venezuela 85
Argentina 69

urunobili
08-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Brazil currently holding Argentina to ONLY 23 points at the half... looks like another defeat for the argies...

Hemotivo
08-28-2009, 02:49 PM
67Argentina
76 Brasil

urunobili
08-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Bring Nash next time... Uruguay 71 - Canadá 69 :tu

DAF86
08-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Huge win for Argentina against Dominican Republic. 89-87 in OT, we were losing the entire game and really had no bussines winning it. It's unbelievable how many games this team wins when they're not supossed to. 30 for Scola.

urunobili
08-31-2009, 07:44 AM
Scola highest scorer for the tournament so far...

MB20
08-31-2009, 07:46 AM
Congrats Urunobili...I hope you can make it to the WC. :toast

urunobili
08-31-2009, 07:50 AM
Congrats Urunobili...I hope you can make it to the WC. :toast

Thanks MB.... our hope is to steal 2 more games to be able to make it... though I don't have high expectations since we always choke in the second pool play...

And even if we make it... the players have announced they will quit the national team due to the Uruguayan federation fuck ups previous to this tournament and some other issues... so...

Bukefal
09-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Hows Uruguay doing? They play dominican rep. today right?

urunobili
09-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Hows Uruguay doing? They play dominican rep. today right?

We need to win two matches in order to qualify to the World cup... we will defeat Panama but DOM, ARG and BRA look nearly impossible ones...

Our best shot is defeating the Argie I believe... :king

sonic21
09-01-2009, 01:11 PM
is argentina next generation any good? or will they start to decline?

urunobili
09-01-2009, 01:15 PM

this is Argentina's "C" team... next generation is pretty good they have done stuff the golden generation never did already at the under 19 category... though none of the youngsters is playing in Puerto Rico 3 of the mainstays were cited to be part of the team and one traveled as the 13th man... the other two out because of injury...

urunobili
09-01-2009, 02:47 PM
we (Uruguay) were up 10 points in the 4th quarter and made silly plays... ended up losing to Dominican republic 80-74.. a win would have almost sealed our participation in the WC :depressed... now we need to beat Argentina :(

DAF86
09-01-2009, 10:47 PM
We need to win two matches in order to qualify to the World cup... we will defeat Panama but DOM, ARG and BRA look nearly impossible ones...

Our best shot is defeating the Argie I believe... :king

Nah, I think that game is 50/50, well maybe 55/45 for Argentina but I don't think is nearly impossible for you to beat us.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-01-2009, 11:41 PM

The next generation is not nearly as good as this one was. Nocedal for example is no Manu.

DAF86
09-01-2009, 11:45 PM
The next generation is not nearly as good as this one was. Nocedal for example is no Manu.

Well right now he obviusly isn't Manu. But Nocedal looks a lot more promising than Manu at that age.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Scola highest scorer for the tournament so far...

And Prigioni is leading the tournament in assists and steals and this after he had not even played for 2 months. Like I said you guys clearly have not watched him play very much to think Montecchia and Sanchez are comparable to him. He's for sure on another level from those guys.

assists leaders Prigioni is #1

http://puertorico2009.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/09/facm/statistics/p/rpp//sid/4042/sp/ALL/ss/AS/srid/ALL/top-players.html

steals leaders Prigioni is #1

http://puertorico2009.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/09/facm/statistics/p/rpp//sid/4042/sp/ALL/ss/ST/srid/ALL/top-players.html

Montecchia and Sanchez better than Prigioni?........:lmao

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Well right now he obviusly isn't Manu. But Nocedal looks a lot more promising than Manu at that age.

He is a nice player but he's nothing special. I saw him at under 19 world championship. He's no Nikos Pappas let's just say.

DAF86
09-02-2009, 12:00 AM
And Prigioni is leading the tournament in assists and steals and this after he had not even played for 2 months. Like I said you guys clearly have not watched him play very much to think Montecchia and Sanchez are comparable to him. He's for sure on another level from those guys.

assists leaders Prigioni is #1

http://puertorico2009.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/09/facm/statistics/p/rpp//sid/4042/sp/ALL/ss/AS/srid/ALL/top-players.html

steals leaders Prigioni is #1

http://puertorico2009.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/09/facm/statistics/p/rpp//sid/4042/sp/ALL/ss/ST/srid/ALL/top-players.html

Montecchia and Sanchez better than Prigioni?........:lmao

If Pepe Sanchez wouldn't have decided to retire from the national team, he would be starting PG right now and Prigioni would be the substitute.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-02-2009, 04:38 AM
If Pepe Sanchez wouldn't have decided to retire from the national team, he would be starting PG right now and Prigioni would be the substitute.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You obviously have not watched Euroleague in the last 4-5 years.

DAF86
09-02-2009, 10:16 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You obviously have not watched Euroleague in the last 4-5 years.

Yes I've watched it. But I've also watched the Argentinian NT play these last ten years and when Pepe was on the team Prigioni either was the sub or didn't even make the team, and this was when he already was considered one of the best PG in Europe, in Argentina Pepe is considered the better player.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-03-2009, 06:45 AM
Yes I've watched it. But I've also watched the Argentinian NT play these last ten years and when Pepe was on the team Prigioni either was the sub or didn't even make the team, and this was when he already was considered one of the best PG in Europe, in Argentina Pepe is considered the better player.

Well Argentina is wrong then.

MB20
09-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks MB.... our hope is to steal 2 more games to be able to make it... though I don't have high expectations since we always choke in the second pool play...

And even if we make it... the players have announced they will quit the national team due to the Uruguayan federation fuck ups previous to this tournament and some other issues... so...

Good morning Nostradamus :bang

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-03-2009, 08:36 AM
It is so hilarious that idiot Spurs fans in these boards think Splitter is better than Scola. No matter how many times you tell these idiots that Splitter in Spain is like a joke compared to what Scola was and that he will NEVER be comparable to Scola, still the idiot Spurs fans here try to argue it.

This tournament just proves what morons these fans here are.