PDA

View Full Version : Hoopsworld: R.Wallace Update ( Orlando not likely, DET want to do a S&T?!?!

Duncan2177
06-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Rasheed Wallace, F, Detroit Pistons – While it's been pretty openly reported that LeBron wants 'Sheed in Cleveland and Gregg Popovich wants him in San Antonio, a new possibility for the Detroit power forward is the Orlando Magic. Despite the rumor, don't expect that one to happen. Magic center Dwight Howard is already unhappy with the Vince Carter trade because it puts a known ball-stopper in an offense that was supposed to cater more towards him next season. Adding another offensive player like Wallace—especially in the post—would likely further upset Howard. Cleveland seems like the most likely possibility at the moment in the wake of San Antonio tripping and falling into DeJuan Blair on draft night, but no matter where he ends up, expect Detroit to maneuver a sign-and-trade. They'll want some sort of value out of Mr. Wallace before letting him walk.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13132

xtremesteven33
06-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Isnt Wallace a UFA??

DPG21920
06-30-2009, 02:39 PM
yes.

robert1886
06-30-2009, 02:39 PM
yea that doesnt make sense

Muser
06-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Why would they want to do a S&T? That makes no sense with the direction they are headed.

loveforthegame
06-30-2009, 02:43 PM
It's hoopsworld for one thing but cue all the let's send them Finley and Bonner posters now.

DaBears
06-30-2009, 02:44 PM
That would have been an option for Detroit prior to the 11:00 our time deadline but it is nolonger an option for them he is an UFA. No S&T option available unless he was to agree with it.

EmantheSpursFan
06-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Rasheed Wallace, F, Detroit Pistons – While it's been pretty openly reported that LeBron wants 'Sheed in Cleveland and Gregg Popovich wants him in San Antonio, a new possibility for the Detroit power forward is the Orlando Magic. Despite the rumor, don't expect that one to happen. Magic center Dwight Howard is already unhappy with the Vince Carter trade because it puts a known ball-stopper in an offense that was supposed to cater more towards him next season. Adding another offensive player like Wallace—especially in the post—would likely further upset Howard. Cleveland seems like the most likely possibility at the moment in the wake of San Antonio tripping and falling into DeJuan Blair on draft night, but no matter where he ends up, expect Detroit to maneuver a sign-and-trade. They'll want some sort of value out of Mr. Wallace before letting him walk.

When it comes to winning a championship it should be about team first..

but then again i dont know how much credibility this source has..

robert1886
06-30-2009, 02:45 PM
wallace is going to go wherever he wants to....and detroit is not a place he wants to be

tmtcsc
06-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Classic Hoopsworld. Uninformed and non-sensical. Detroit is looking to free up cap space and accepting BS contracts in exchange for Wallace makes no sense.

How much $$ does Cleveland have to spend ?

Muser
06-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Classic Hoopsworld. Uninformed and non-sensical. Detroit is looking to free up cap space and accepting BS contracts in exchange for Wallace makes no sense.

How much $$ does Cleveland have to spend ?

I know they still have the MLE.

Libri
06-30-2009, 02:49 PM
While it's been pretty openly reported that LeBron wants 'Sheed in Cleveland and Gregg Popovich wants him in San Antonio

Lebron vs Pop

DaBears
06-30-2009, 02:50 PM
I like channing Fyre as a pickup although his defense is suspect.

HarlemHeat37
06-30-2009, 02:51 PM
-Howard has said NOTHING like this at all..
-'Sheed is unrestricted..

Hoopsworld should be shut down..

Also, Villanueva to Cleveland seems like a lock..

MB20
06-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Sheed, Z, Shaq and Varejao.
If Varejao leaves, that would be a really old (or experienced, lol) frontcourt.

4RINGS
06-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Labron already has Shaq and now he wants Sheed... I guess he will want Amare next.

Spurtacus
06-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Hoopsworld should be banned from Spurstalk.

xtremesteven33
06-30-2009, 02:53 PM
My educated guess says Sheed will end up here in San Antonio. This system was custom made for Wallace to thrive in. Even at his age he knows he can still be effective and with the current roster he makes this team the favorites to win it all in 2010.

Libri
06-30-2009, 03:01 PM
They'll want some sort of value out of Mr. Wallace before letting him walk.
This sentence makes it sound like the Pistons still own Rasheed. How could Detroit want something for Wallace? Rasheed is an unrestricted free agent. He can do whatever he wants.

Extra Stout
06-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Hoopsworld should be banned from Spurstalk.

I agree with this. The best Hoopsworld article is about 5% as informative as timvp in a coma.

Extra Stout
06-30-2009, 03:02 PM
This sentence makes it sound like the Pistons still own Rasheed. How could Detroit want something for Wallace? Rasheed is an unrestricted free agent. He can do whatever he wants.
Hoopsworld is a medium for people who have no idea what they are talking about to get published.

HarlemHeat37
06-30-2009, 03:03 PM
I actually received an offer to write for Hoopsworld as the Knicks writer, about 3 years ago..I quickly declined..

DaBears
06-30-2009, 03:03 PM
My educated guess says Sheed will end up here in San Antonio. This system was custom made for Wallace to thrive in. Even at his age he knows he can still be effective and with the current roster he makes this team the favorites to win it all in 2010.

Agreed, Wallace will do good in a system where he is not the main option.

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2009, 03:04 PM
lebron gets all these tools to sign with the cavs, whats the point when his bolting to the knicks in 2010?

HarlemHeat37
06-30-2009, 03:05 PM
The Cavs are getting Villanueva, I highly doubt Wallace will be in Cleveland..

it's between SA, Orlando, retirement, and Boston..

crc21209
06-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Hoopsworld is one of the dumbest websites ever made. :lol. Sheed is going to go where he wants to go. That being said, this is what I think will happen:

Sheed to San Antonio
Villanueva to Cleveland
Hedo to Portland

Behrooz24
06-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Hoopsworld needs a filter like Elliott/Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

Tully365
06-30-2009, 03:25 PM
We're supposed to believe that after losing to the Lakers and their huge front line that Dwight Howard doesn't want a talented PF/C added to his team because he's afraid that it will result in fewer shot attempts for him?? That makes very little sense, especially after losing Hedo as a teammate. Hoopsworld is the National Enquirer of the basketball world.

crc21209
06-30-2009, 03:37 PM
I think this is what Sheed will look at:

Spurs:

4 titles in 9 years, TD- one of the best big men ever and good friend of his, Manu, Tony, and now RJ to play along side him, Pop- well respected coach who can keep him in check, and a starting spot is here waiting for him. In the West you only have to deal with Kobe & the Lakers and maybe the Nuggets.

Magic:

Dwight Howard- one of the up and coming big men in the game, made NBA Finals this past season, Stan Van Gundy & him may butt heads though. A starting spot may be here, but is unsure still because of Hedo's decision. In the East you have to deal with the Allen, Pierce, & Garnett in Boston AND now LeBron & Shaq in Cleveland.

Celtics:

Won NBA title last year, have a 3-some of Allen, Pierce, Garnett. But there may not be a starting spot for him here with Garnett & Perkins starting.

Cavaliers:

Can easily jump on the train of LeBron and Shaq now, but may butt heads with LeBron or Shaq as well.

bigdog
06-30-2009, 03:41 PM
I read somewhere this morning that the Cavs would pursue Villanueva, so if they do that, there's no way they get Wallace.

G-Nob
06-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Okay then, Finley for 'sheed. Easy fix.

timvp
06-30-2009, 03:43 PM

Wow. I didn't know a new low was possible for HoopsWorld.

galvatron3000
06-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Dwight Howard is not unhappy about Vince, he says so himself so this entire thread is a waste of time.

Dingle Barry
06-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Hoopsworld actually makes McDonald look like a real journalist

Thompson
06-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Rasheed would have to agree to be in a sign-and-trade, and I think that's unlikely for a couple of reasons: He's not going to want to weaken his new team, and I doubt he's particularly disposed towards helping the Pistons after he wanted them to buy him out or trade him at the end of last season and they refused. The only way I could see him doing this is if both the Spurs and Pistons wanted to exchange some combination of Bonner and Finley for him, and I doubt that happens.

meestahmeestah
06-30-2009, 06:48 PM
you do a S&T if Rasheed wants more money than the MLE and a S&T gets him more than the MLE since the Pistons can pay him any amount they want if he re-signs with them.

example (not that I'm saying I want this to happen, just using this as an example) :

Wallace signs for $9m a year for Detroit, who trades him to San Antonio for Roger Mason, Michael Finley and Matt Bonner.

I know you guys hate Hoopsworld (I don't care one way or the other about them) but you also need a bit of deductive reasoning and read between the lines.

Agloco
06-30-2009, 06:50 PM
It's hoopsworld for one thing but cue all the let's send them Finley and Bonner posters now.

+1

You can start with mine.

timvp
06-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Wallace signs for $9m a year for Detroit, who trades him to San Antonio for Roger Mason, Michael Finley and Matt Bonner.The Pistons would have to use their cap space to do that. You really think that's the pull they are looking for this summer?

EricB
06-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Boozer decided to stay.

The apple of their eye is now gone.

Maybe they look to next year?

Besides, trading Mason gets rid of ALOT of your SGs and the pool of em in FA is very thin.

Thompson
06-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I'd really hate to lose Mason. Aside from the game-winning 3's, he also hit an end-of-game three that put us in position to win the game before someone (I think Parker) barely missed the shot. Mason is clutch, he just needs to be a SG instead of a PG.

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Besides, trading Mason gets rid of ALOT of your SGs and the pool of em in FA is very thin.

And a benefit of Finley staying is that you can include him instead of Mason in a trade...

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2009, 07:06 PM
And yes, Detroit isn't going to do a S&T with Wallace unless someone was willing to send back something good.

EricB
06-30-2009, 07:17 PM
And a benefit of Finley staying is that you can include him instead of Mason in a trade...

Agreed....

Spursmania
06-30-2009, 07:24 PM
lebron gets all these tools to sign with the cavs, whats the point when his bolting to the knicks in 2010?

Exactly-I really think he will bolt. lol...

MarHill
06-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I'd really hate to lose Mason. Aside from the game-winning 3's, he also hit an end-of-game three that put us in position to win the game before someone (I think Parker) barely missed the shot. Mason is clutch, he just needs to be a SG instead of a PG.

I'm with you about Mason!!

meestahmeestah
06-30-2009, 08:01 PM
The Pistons would have to use their cap space to do that. You really think that's the pull they are looking for this summer?

Not at all. It was just an example. My only point was that if Rasheed wants more than the MLE, the only way to get that is through a sign and trade.

coyotes_geek
06-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Not at all. It was just an example. My only point was that if Rasheed wants more than the MLE, the only way to get that is through a sign and trade.

True, but what difference does it make if it depends on Detroit's willingness to help Sheed get more money, and Detroit has no incentive to help Sheed get more money?