PDA

View Full Version : "Pretty boy" all star team, calling out the fairer gender to see if they agree

Rummpd
04-03-2005, 11:17 PM
As a married man whose wife really likes the NBA she is the tie breaker on our contratrian team to the "All Ugly Team"

Center: Current, Brad Miller (my wife thinks he is a stud although I pass on this one) I would go for Yao as he is always smiling, has a royal type of bearing, and a 7'6 is not a twig like other tall timbers etc. Classic - David Robinson, hard to argue with a one of a kind physique and handsome face. My wife gives an honorable mention vote to Bill Russell who she thinks looks distinguished with his beard.

Forwards: Wally and Carmello. Classic - Julius Erving and the Big O - both handsome and skilled. I give James Worthy a nod on this one as well, he was athletic, handsome and skilled.

Guards: Korver and Parker Classic: Jordan and West - see above, there is a reason beyond talent that Jordan is the face of the NBA still while West is the logo. I would of voted for John Stockton, rugged individual, or Magic, or Nash but she won out on this one. My wife from Panama put a soft vote in for Manu but about that nose?

smeagol
04-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Gay forum :lol

Rummpd
04-03-2005, 11:33 PM
In what sense is Manu your Man then?

SuBZer0
04-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Yea - damn Smeagol you're derogatory and assuming comments really aren't appreciated.

Summers
04-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Okay, keeping in mind attraction for women is a complex issue based on husband- and father-material qualities along with pure animal lust, I'm playing along. But don't hate on my list. I'm not saying I'd take 'em all home to momma... I'm speaking of pure superficial beauty here.

Center: Emeka Okafor. This kid is hot. (yes, Yao seems very very nice, like the kind of boy you have lunch with in the commons... not the one you take to your dorm room).

Guards: Richard Jefferson (snazzy dresser), Tony Parker (weird scar adds mystique).

Forwards: Tim Duncan (his absence on your list was conspicuous). I simply can't help myself... I'm incapable of being objective on this one. I think Timmy's hot. I like his smushy lips. LeBron James: Is he legal yet? God, he's cute. He has a nice smile. And huge feet.

Honorable mentions go to Tyson Chandler (mmm...), KG (mmm... sinewy), Brian Grant (mmm... rasta hot), Grant Hill, Kyle Korver, Dirk, Eduardo Najera (pretty eyes), Dwyane Wade (keep looking... it gets better), Luke Walton (looks like his dad, and yet... much, much better), and Ray Allen.

There... I feel cheap and dirty now. :)

Supergirl
04-04-2005, 12:04 AM
My roster of most attractive:
G - Ray Allen
G - Tony Parker
F - Lebron James
F - Brian Grant
C - Dirk Nowitzki

smeagol
04-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Take a chill pill guys. The laughing yellow face beside my comment denotes that my post was meant to be a joke.

SuBZer0
04-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Well, your sense of humour leaves much to be desired..because that was the lamest joke I've seen for a while.

Spurbanana
04-04-2005, 12:13 AM
No mention for Beno? I think he's adorable, even if his hair is a little greasy. Mike Wilks too (not the greasy hair part...) I also seem to see something in Hedo and Rasho that no one else sees...it's fine if they're not on the list, I'll keep them for myself :)

Don't forget Boris Diaw!!

MaNuMaNiAc
04-04-2005, 12:22 AM
Well, your sense of humour leaves much to be desired..because that was the lamest joke I've seen for a while.
Calm down SuBZero, he was only kidding. First of all he never insulted gay people, he just mentioned that he thought the topic of the thread was of a homosexual nature. He's not insulting anyone, unless you yourself see something wrong with being gay. Finally it wasn't that bad of a joke, you just missunderstood it.

smeagol
04-04-2005, 12:24 AM
SuBZer0

Nothing I can do if you don't like my jokes.

But now that I come to think about it, not sure why you think my comment is derogatory towards homosexuals. Its easier for people who like men, or can find beauty in a man, to rate a Pretty Boy all star NBA team, then people who don't feel attracted to men. These people who can, IMO, do a better job at rating the Pretty Boy NBA allstar are women and gay men. The fact is Rummpd relied heavily on his wife to come up with his selection.

So again, not sure what's derogatory about my comment. Care to explain it to me, please?

Thanks

SuBZer0
04-04-2005, 12:28 AM
I know it was a joke - I was saying that it wasn't a GOOD joke. It wasn't funny IMO, it wasn't clever, I just didn't take it like a real joke

SequSpur
04-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Dude, you all need to calm down right now. You are taking this forum thing a little to far and I am concerned.

:)

MaNuMaNiAc
04-04-2005, 12:29 AM
I know it was a joke - I was saying that it wasn't a GOOD joke. It wasn't funny IMO, it wasn't clever, I just didn't take it like a real joke
right, which you should have kept to yourself. Your "Yea - damn Smeagol you're derogatory and assuming comments really aren't appreciated." was out of line.

SuBZer0
04-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Oh and in case you didn't notice, the whole "derogatory" thing was MY joke - and yes, I think that it was as lame as yours too. I was trying to be sarcastic - saying taht you actually WERE insulting Rummpd. I guess it didn't turn out sounding that way, did it?

lol - I need to express my sarcasm better when writing

Kori Ellis
04-04-2005, 12:30 AM
The last five or six posts really are ruining the flow of this thread. So please, :stfu and get back on topic.

SuBZer0
04-04-2005, 12:31 AM
right, which you should have kept to yourself. Your "Yea - damn Smeagol you're derogatory and assuming comments really aren't appreciated." was out of line.
See above post...

Oh yes, we should get back on topic

SequSpur
I suggest you calm down right now. That would be a fresh start.

You should take this to the Chingaso Forum. This is Spurs discussion.

MI21
Gay Forum.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-04-2005, 12:32 AM
Oh and in case you didn't notice, the whole "derogatory" thing was MY joke - and yes, I think that it was as lame as yours too. I was trying to be sarcastic - saying taht you actually WERE insulting Rummpd. I guess it didn't turn out sounding that way, did it?

lol - I need to express my sarcasm better when writing
seriously

SequSpur
04-04-2005, 12:32 AM
Take it up the rear forum.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Take it up the rear forum.
LOL:lol :lol :lol

smeagol
04-04-2005, 12:40 AM
Sequ, thanks for getting the thread back on topic.

SuBZer0
04-04-2005, 12:40 AM
seriously
Yea - again apologies to those who took me seriously. I guess I didnt exaggerate my point enogh - I was in a hurry..I will write better next time though

nacho estrada
04-04-2005, 01:09 AM
Sorry Rummpd, your thread has officially been shit on.

xcoriate
04-04-2005, 01:17 AM
Sorry Rummpd, your thread has officially been shit on.

Either that or it was fucked in the ass....

iminlakerland
04-04-2005, 03:58 AM
Rummpd...here are mine

Derek Fisher :)
Grant Hill
Antawn Jamison
Rashard Lewis
Chris Mihm

There you go for mine :) were back on topic now

Rummpd
04-04-2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks and Kori please lock thread as soon as possible. Bad idea from the get go this one, my wife's idea when I mentioned the all ugly team = it was supposed to "be toungue in cheek" ("and not those cheeks").

(My attitude has always been to each his own anyway)

Dex
04-04-2005, 08:10 AM
This thread was funny, but not ha-ha funny. :wow

waly.mg
04-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Are there Eva and Tony the beautiful couple of the NBA?
Or Kobe and Vannesa ... and his partners

Jimcs50
04-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Does Brad Pitt play bball?

:)

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-04-2005, 02:58 PM
My wife likes Wally Z of the Wolves.

She also thinks Robert Horry is hot. I think because she's a big Will Smith fan.

Go figure.

desflood
04-04-2005, 03:15 PM
No mention for Beno? I think he's adorable, even if his hair is a little greasy. Mike Wilks too (not the greasy hair part...) I also seem to see something in Hedo and Rasho that no one else sees...it's fine if they're not on the list, I'll keep them for myself :)

Don't forget Boris Diaw!!
I see it in Rasho too. But I thought I was the only one! :lol

gay abc
04-04-2005, 03:30 PM
just to name a few :D

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/emanuel_ginobili.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/beno_udrih.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/fred_hoiberg.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/wally_szczerbiak.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/jon_barry.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/jason_williams.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/brad_miller.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/predrag_stojakovic.jpg

RobinsontoDuncan
04-04-2005, 03:35 PM
I would rather do the all-ugly team:

Sam Cassels
Sam Cassels
Latrell Spreewell
Trenton Hassel
Glen Robinson
Sam Cassels
(Jesus what's in the water in Minnesota)

1Parker1
04-04-2005, 03:57 PM
People, people, let the real expert on this topic give her take. I mean some of your choices such as KG and Derek Fisher...YAO?! makes me think that you have not seen good looking people in your time.

Here is the expert's choice (Drum roll please!)

Centers: Rasho (has a HE-MAN look to him that's kinda sexy, plus the fact that he doesn't smile much gives him some mystery), Brad Miller (although he does look sissy-like now that I think about it), Emeka (is he a center?)
PF: Duncan (his personality makes him hotter than he really is) Webber
Guards: So many to pick from! Parker (goes without saying!), Grant Hill (Can't believe no one has mentioned him yet!), Kobe (Pre-Rape/Adultery days), AI (gotta love his passion and his street appeal), Ray Allen (He's pretty), Kyle Korver (aka Ashton Kutcher)

There are a lot more that I can't think of right now...I'll get back to you :)

Summers
04-04-2005, 04:06 PM
People, people, let the real expert on this topic give her take. I mean some of your choices such as KG and Derek Fisher...YAO?! makes me think that you have not seen good looking people in your time.

Here is the expert's choice (Drum roll please!)

Centers: Rasho (has a HE-MAN look to him that's kinda sexy, plus the fact that he doesn't smile much gives him some mystery), Brad Miller (although he does look sissy-like now that I think about it), Emeka (is he a center?)
PF: Duncan (his personality makes him hotter than he really is) Webber
Guards: So many to pick from! Parker (goes without saying!), Grant Hill (Can't believe no one has mentioned him yet!), Kobe (Pre-Rape/Adultery days), AI (gotta love his passion and his street appeal), Ray Allen (He's pretty), Kyle Korver (aka Ashton Kutcher)

There are a lot more that I can't think of right now...I'll get back to you :)

:lol I'm sticking with KG! He's got nice symmetrical features and a pretty smile. And I'm taking you on regarding Kobe. His face looks like it got stuck in a funnel. (Oh, yeah, and I mentioned Grant Hill, too). :)

iminlakerland
04-04-2005, 05:00 PM
It's more to fisher than just his looks...its his attitude as well, and plus i already said Ghill so nope got him before you :) oh and by the way kobe looks like a rodent... :angel

1Parker1
04-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Summers, sorry but I think KG looks too much like a weasal--plus factor in his personality and he's unattractive to me. Lakerland..Fisher looks...well like a chunky fish. But to each his own I guess :)

PS. Kobe doesn't look like a rodent...he just acts like one!

ADDITION: PAUL PIERCE! (Can't believe I forgot him!)

Summers
04-04-2005, 07:16 PM
:lol The eye of the beholder....