PDA

View Full Version : What other things do we have to do via free agency after we get a starting big?

Srupsog
07-01-2009, 05:17 AM
Even after we sign a starting big, don't you think the spurs have some little tweaks to do.

For example if we sign Rasheed for the MLE:

I think we still need a cheap big that can guard athletic bigs like Lamar Odom just in case Ian doesn't pan out, a cheap wing that can contribute offensively just in case one of our current wings get hurt during the season like they usually do, and a Cheap veteran PG just in case george hill Chokes.

Here's the players I think the spurs could and should possibly get for each category I said:

Cheap Athletic Big:

Stromile Swift
Theo Ratliff
Ike Diogu
Channing Frye
Shelden Williams
Brian Skinner
Joe Smith
Chris Mihm
Mikki Moore

Cheap Wing:

Matt Barnes
Rodney Carney
Von Wafer
Joey Graham
Keith Bogans
Kareem Rush
Stephen Graham
Gerald Green
Morris Almond

Cheap Veteran PG:

Anthony Carter
Kevin Ollie
Brevin Knight
Tyronn Lue
Jason Hart

Also keep in mind we would sign these guys to minimum contracts or veteran minimum contracts.

So what do u guys think?

TheSpursFNRule
07-01-2009, 05:21 AM
punish me.

VivaPopovich
07-01-2009, 05:23 AM
if we land rasheed, i think we're set really. there's still the issue of re-signing bowen, but with everything we've done already what else can we do? argg i want the season to start already

spursbird
07-01-2009, 06:10 AM
I think we'd better develop young bigmen such as Ian and Blair.

ajballer4
07-01-2009, 10:42 AM
I forgot abput Wafer, I've wanted him for a while to play for the Spurs. But thats the lease of our needs now

Agloco
07-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Still need to know who our other big will be even after Sheed is signed. I'm in favor of developing Blair and Ian behind a solid 3-vet rotation (Timmy, Sheed, Dice) for example.

Mr. Body
07-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Get Shelden Williams. That's it. After Sheed/Dice.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2009, 11:13 AM
ratliff for one season would be nice if he wants to chase for a ring, and im sure the center startin job could be his....

50 cent
07-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Rasho for the LLE.

tp2021
07-01-2009, 11:20 AM
rasho for the lle.

+1